Mecha Space Pirate Quest IX

Welcome back to a slightly early edition of Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Chapter 9.

As always, you are Admiral Roarke Susan Starwind of the Iron Kestrels (although your admiralty is a matter of convenience to appease a subordinate Captain), pilot of the Knuckle Kaiser and master of the starship Rhinehawk.

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe

Last time, you were romantically successful and gentlemanly with your date and increased your mixtape file substantially. Now that you've had some time to relax, however, your responsibilities as a Pirate Admiral dictate you get back to work.

You take a shuttle back to Colony 3 of California Station, humming 'Killer Queen' and becoming increasingly disconcerted with how long it's taking the unsettling woman you met near the music store to reply to your message.

It isn't until you land on Colony 3, enjoying the artificial evening sunlight and finally having some proper information about the Green Skulls, that your PC beeps at you to alert you of an incoming message.

As expected, it's from Lt. Alice "Clemmy" Farragut again.

[Continued]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo
youtube.com/watch?v=pKQbqyMDOLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The message is a solid wall of laughing cat smileys. It completely fills the character limit. By the time you've scrolled completely through by running your thumb along the edge of your motion-sensitive holographic screen, however, her next message arrives.

'NYAHAHAHAHA I told him and he didn't remember but then he got angry~' There's an attached picture of a kid who looks too damned young to even call himself an ace, his face purple with rage, pointing angrily at the camera. In the background is a rather young girl with several bruises and a scuffed uniform, leaning heavily on a railing with her face contorted in pain, 'He said you wouldn't be so smug if he'd been in charge and you would be in PRISON HA HA HAAAAAA~ Have you been baaaaad? :laughing sheep smiley: I bullied a technician into helping me pull a little prank on him, but I think I broke her ankle! She was waaaay too slow reprogramming his fire control systems to redirect all aimed shots at limb servos to the cockpit, and we got caught! I got yelled at because of you, but it's okay~ I forgive you~~~~~' You sometimes wish an excess of tildes was illegal.

You receive another message. Fortunately, this one is from someone whose violent nature is slightly less unpredictable. Miles Longshadow, your First Mate.

'Yo, Cap'n! Got a stroke of luck, we have a buyer for the Heart! You'll never guess what she's offering us...so I'll tell you, MECHS! I, uh, think she was feeling kind of sorry for us, I didn't mention to her that you're still alive and she was just a little broken up over you and Ozark.'

Interesting. You can only think of a handful of people with enough credits to flat-out purchase a luxury cruise liner, and of those people still fewer who would pay handsomely for a ship so lightly armed.

In fact, there's only one woman you can think of who would do something like that.

[Continued]

Your musings are interrupted by a final message.

This one is from your Bosun, Richard Thorslund, Miles' boyfriend-apparent and one of your best friends aboard the Rhinehawk. Richard is a good guy, you've been friends ever since he joined the crew.

'Admiral, we released the nonessential personnel of the Heart of the Sunshine on California Station as you ordered. They'll probably talk, but there's no way of avoiding that short of shooting them all...and I wouldn't work for you if you ordered that. Captain Uzun's ransom came through from his company, along with smaller payments for the ship's other officers, so we've released them too. We're flush with cash for a while. I arranged a line with the office of Commodore Rashad, the one your feisty captive plans to marry, but I didn't want to set up a negotiation like that until you got back. Hope whatever you had to go do went well! Cheers!'

Richard doesn't message people often, and his tone is always slightly too formal, but he's a reliable man.

The Rhinehawk is as you left it, save for one thing. Perhaps Richard and Miles took that comment about not giving the Master Harpy to them seriously, because Cornelius Cohen immediately ambushes you for your signature on a work order.

He wants to turn Miles' and Richard's Harpy Customs into Master Harpies.

>[Approve/Deny]

Also

>[Is there anyone on the crew you want to see before getting back to business?]

Approve
Call Yoritomo and ask if he knows any business we could invest in.
Also you got a twatter?

By the way, your next mission will likely have a lot more Construction Points available than the Heart of the Sunshine mission. Do you want to upgrade the Knuckle Kaiser?

There's a new upgrade, Officer Armor, which has the effect of making your existing armor impossible to degrade with weak attacks. Effectively, to ablate your armor an attack needs to do 4K or more.

There has also been strong support for the Crushing Grip upgrade, which you can afford, as well as support for waiting on the Pugilist Mode and Squilla Elbow upgrades. You're in the mecha bay right now, so if you do choose to upgrade, you can simply submit a verbal work order to Cornelius. You know about all available upgrades IC thanks to Karen explaining them during your date.

Oh yeah definitely get that Officer Armour. Then bank for Pugilist.

Get that fucking crushing grip son.

Go pull on Karen's pigtails and talk upgrades.

We got actual work to do now user.

>Approve

Get the Crushing Grip.

I don't think we need to see anyone before work.

For once, that would be actual work, since she can get started on installing your upgrades.

YAY PIRATE IDOL!!!!

I hope her mech has a hidden Vulcan gun/missile launcher hidden under an eye patch

>Gatling/missiles
>Not even stronger emergency laser

Or that. That works.

You sign off on the order without thinking, only half paying attention. The reason why is what's happening across the bay.

Karen has rigged up what appears to be a mecha-sized light beam gun to an emplaced equipment mount, and is aiming it squarely at the damaged Tulwar of Commander Ibrahim (now deceased). Her tongue is sticking out of the corner of her mouth, her little nose wrinkled in concentration as she adjusts the gun's trajectory.

Why she would be shooting at a damaged machine, you don't know, but as master of this ship it strikes you as a remarkably bad idea. You carefully avoid the barrel of the gun...which would be a peashooter to your Knuckle Kaiser but is more than enough to fry you to ash...and make your way in a circuitous path around the bay until you're behind her.

Her backside waggles back and forth in her coveralls, her pigtails bouncing against her shoulders, and as soon as she starts to stand up and has her hands away from anything that could make the beam gun go off you tug on her pigtails. She yelps and spins around, her wrench raised for a killing blow before she realizes it's you and drops it on your foot, "Roarke! I...um...welcome back! I'm doing something really cool, wanna see?"

Without waiting for an answer, she whisks her hair out of your hand and takes a seat on the stool she's duct-taped in front of the haphazardly-rigged controls for the beam gun, "Okay, watch this." And before you can stop her, she hits a big red button.

[Continued]

Just wondering is being mentioned in the weekend quest thread a bad thing?

Hoooo boy!

A slender lance of plasma flashes across the cordoned-off section of bay she's using, and strikes the Tulwar broadside. You notice, belatedly, that it isn't painted like the others. What you assumed was just a hexagonal pattern etched onto the platework lights up as light spreads away from the point where the beam hit and out into the surrounding hexagons before it vanishes, "Bichir armor! At least that's what Bahamutcorp calls it. It's kind of an experimental system that spreads out and negates the force of minor impacts. I can cannibalize this and adapt it to your mech with some reverse engineering."

She grins toothily at you, "And I've also found something neat." She pulls out her PC before you can scold her for anything she might have done, and spins the holoscreen around to show you a cross-sectioned image of the Knuckle Kaiser's arm, "See this? This system was originally built to be able to exert much more force, although it had a limiter on it that I've modified. Additionally, I've drawn up plans to install small drills in place of the first set of knuckles and adamant-nanotube ridging on the back of the fingers to concentrate the force of your blows into a smaller area for greater penetration! I can get started working on either one immediately." She sighs happily, "This has been a lot of fun to work on. Normally, the most exciting thing I do is fix faulty missile pods, but suddenly I get to do all kinds of experimental work."

>[Are you satisfied with getting the Crushing Grip upgrade now, since it seems to have a majority? This is just to confirm, there's more to my next post and I'm already working on it]

Crushing Grip is a go

Yes this is amazing. She deserves at least 3 head pats for this.

Do it nerd.

As is, the officer armor will be handy if we go against green skulls. It'd negate the annoying lesser harpies and allows to bum rush them. Due to their size, we could easily rip them apart, even with less power.

Hopefully we get enough CP to afford the puglist mode after the enxt mission.

>Crushing Grip + Officer Armour
Should make us immune to mass produced assholes while going in close to an enemy will dissuade larger weapons due to friendly fire. This means second thoughts on enemies firing slower ballistic weapons like missiles.

Crushing grip is pretty cheap without the advanced fingering mod. Are you sure we can't afford it with the armour?

annnd reading the upgrade list, if we had 1 more cp, we could get both the grip AND the armor. Time for me to pull out the song I've been messing with!

We'd have to pick a spot to not upgrade for the armor to get both. Our shield arm would likely be the best bet since it's already a heavy thing.

I'm fine with not having the shield arm armoured. Honestly the shield is 12 SP and the arm itself is 6 SP.

I'm not worried about having only 2 CP left. It's better to be alive. We can't easily pull back from battle as well since we are in melee. Fools could probably pot shot us as we run back to the Rhinehawk.

We still need the last track for our 70s/80s mixtape first song with 3 people backing gets it

Side A
1. Roundabout - Yes
2. Starman - David Bowie
3. Dude (Looks Like a Lady) - Aerosmith
4. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
5. I need a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
6. Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
7. Carry on My Wayward Sun -Kansas
8. Daddy Cool - Boney M
9. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran

Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
2. Photograph - Def Leopard
3. Life on Mars - David Bowie
4. Spin Me Round - Dead or Alive
5. House of Fun - Madness
6. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
7. Tom Sawyer - Rush
8. I Can Feel It - Genesis

"Karen..." You start off, your voice a little stern.

She starts to droop, "Y-yeah? Is this about setting up a mech-sized weapon in the mecha bay without authorization."

"No. I mean, yes, don't do dangerous things like that, but this time it's a good thing. This is fantastic!" You pat her head three times, and she looks remarkably self-satisfied. "Do you think you could do me a favor?"

"Yes!"

"Start work on these plans here, fighting Captain Oda made me realize that I'm at a disadvantage against units with heavy armor like his."

"Yes~!" She has an expression that most girls only get when you notice their new haircut, but then a shadow passes over her face, "Hey, um, Roarke...I know I kind of got too excited and maybe had a little too much to drink last time and sort of fell asleep on you...but do you want to...you know...have dinner again with me sometime maybe if you're not too busy a-and it's convenient for you?" She looks away, adjusting her large, round glasses, "I know you're busy a lot, but..."

"Not too busy for you. We'll make it soon." You promise her with a cavalier smile, "Hold on, what's that on the inside of the fingers and the palms, there? Those kind of..."

"The chainsaw is an ancient and noble weapon, and with this the insides of your palms and fingers will be able to rip things up more easily. Don't worry, it can't turn on when your fists are closed, I just thought having the spinning crushers there would give you more options in battle." Apparently her upgrades come with a sort of blunt chainsaw-like system of short nubby spikes on the gripping parts of your hands, that spin rapidly to tear things up. Good lord.

"You give wonderful presents." You tell her, and she glows, "I've got to work, but I'll be back to check on you, alright? Remember to work safely, the Knuckle Kaiser and I both need you." You smile, and depart the bay for the bridge.

[Continued, upgrade achieved]

How about The Trooper?
youtube.com/watch?v=2G5rfPISIwo

Actually rereading past threads Photgraph is on the first mix tape so that can go which frees up a second spot

I thought we agreed on land of confusion by Genesis last thread?

We didn't get three people backing it

It was taken off the first one since it wasn't 80s and added to this one

Yes it's a bad thing. Attracts a permanent presence of shitposters.

This sounds promising. If we hadn't had our drawfags ragequit over the possibility of harems, cleaning up the sketch of the Knuckle Kaiser would've been worth +5 CP too.

It's really only off by 1 CP? Well then, since it's one point, I'm okay with letting you go into debt by 1 point.

Sympathy for the Devil is very classy.

how many CP is a 3D model worth op?

Yeah you're right it got two.
Well I was this guy 46851763 who voted for More than a feeling. But I liked Land of confusion to.....
But this is good to. GOD DAMN IT EIGHTY'S/SEVENTY'S WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE IPODS!!!

Throwing in my support for Land of Confusion

Eh I'm one of the drawfags but not the one who did the grey sketch. I'm the wolverine claw one that has yet to turn it into the gauntlet you want. I'm just too lazy to work on it lately. I'll work on it as soon as I figure out how to add a Red Siren Poster on it.

A Red Siren poster on the outside? I thought the poster was a memento Roarke kept in the cockpit.

"Um, Roarke...I'll have to borrow some parts to get it ready in time, but let me do both, okay? There's been rumors about what our next mission is." Rumors your Cool 10 ass, Miles probably told her, "I just want you to come back safe. That's all I ever need." With a bright smile, she begins penning a work order, and presents it for your signature before you can go.

You sign it, "Thanks Karen."

She blushes, "Don't thank me, I'm being selfish in my own way. Just don't let me lose you again, alright?"

You wrap her pigtail around her hand, give it the softest little tug, and say truthfully, "I promise."

Then, before her grandfather can show up and do his best to annoy you into leaving, you depart on your own with a casual wave.

[Continued]

>Rumors your Cool 10 ass
Roarke knows he's the MC of a quest?

No, just a little joke.

as thanks for that, have a song.
youtube.com/watch?v=pKQbqyMDOLQ
Smash smash SMASH!
Over in the dephs of space, a hunter finds his prey..
There he goes, rushing in, fighting with no delay.
A pirate down to his very core(Hey!)
Now ignite the burning soul within!

(COME AT ME!)

TAKEDOWN! Dismantle all those in our way!
Left arm, right arm, doesn't matter! A punch will send em fleeing!
Brawling Warrior! Knuckle Kaiser goooo!
SMASH SMASH SMASH!

A 3D model of what?

You get 1 CP and avoid going into debt, I laughed heartily.

of the kuckle kaiser

The bridge is as it always is. Dark ceiling, lots of circular ceiling lots, none of the fancy white and chrome everywhere that UJCIDF ships seem to have from the simflicks you've seen (Band of Bluegills and Saving Private Jerid were two of your favorites). Monitor screens gleam on every wall, tended to by the hardworking bridge bunnies and Avi Silversmith, your helmsman. Miles and Richard still aren't back yet, and when you ask Avi where they are he coughs and mumbles, "...Dunno, something about free catering at this hotel and, uh, Miles was wearing some of your captive's spare clothes, um..." He shrugs his chubby shoulders, "We've got a line to the Commodore, though, if you're ready sir?"

>[Are you ready?]

Is that the laughing version of the knuckle kaiser?

We were born ready, for ransoming at least.

We are always ready. Let it begin!

pfft. We still haven't found out what that is all about right?

...maybe...

Sure.

Also Yes lets talk to the princess's fiance. We should record it. Just in case he pays us more to keep her.

If you mean what Miles and Richard are up to, 99% odds are that Miles is pretending to be Fatima so she can get expensive free food and lots of wine and do things to ruin Fatima's reputation in a top-class hotel room with Richard. The fact that it has a hot tub alone would be pretty tempting, it's hard to take a normal bath in space.

>Miles was wearing some of your captive's spare clothes

Well I guess Richard got a real treat.

No I meant how they got together and why they got together and teasing them about it.

Miles, tone down on your cosplaying "fun". You and Richard can do that in private later.

Connect me to the Commodore.

You have to wait a few minutes while the Station's powerful transmitters put you through. The ansible setup here is convenient, it can reach Mars or Jupiter equally conveniently, but the machinery (which Karen once explained to you at lengths you didn't understand because your technical knowledge is centered around repairing your own mech) has to get working first. You accept payment for the call, since really it's Fatima still funding all of your activities. Thank goodness for her trying to give you that paltry ten credits and giving you the opportunity to pillage her bank account.

Static washes across the screen, then coalesces to reveal an older, leathery woman with a blue headscarf sitting at a desk, "This is the office of His Most Excellent and Fearsome Splendor Commodore Rashad Abujamal, may his enemies never find succor. Who is this and why are you calling?" She sounds profoundly bored.

This is his enemy hoping to find succor, or at least ransom his promised bride back to him. By the way that shade of blue looks wonderful on you. Now no gawking, go relay the infidels demands to the good commodore.

this

bumping

Supporting

"An enemy hoping to find succor. Or at least, cold, hard credits by ransoming his betrothed back to him." You adjust your aviators, and grin like a shark.

She stares, and drops the PC she was holding onto the desk, some simple word game she was playing on it automatically pausing, "You...you what?"

"This is a ransom. I have Lady Fatima..." You transfer the image of her in the schoolgirl outfit, scowling as though she wants to murder every sapient being in the galaxy, to the secretary, "By the way, that shade of blue? Breathtaking on you. Now stop gawking and don't dawdle, go rely the infidel's demands to the good Commodore."

She hesitates.

"I said 'go'. Otherwise I might steal Fatima for myself." You salaciously waggle your eyebrows and she scurries out of view. Several minutes pass before you hear a babble of frantic Arabic from the hallway out of view. The old woman is hurrying along behind a man who looks to be in his thirties, with a huge, thick beard, dark skin, and eyes like an angry hawk. He's wearing a black-and-red uniform more ornate than the UJCIDF's attire, with a curved sword at his side and an expression of murderous rage on his face.

"You have interrupted talks more important than the lives of you, your parents, and every miserable rat you know. You will speak quickly, for my wrath is already roused and my desire to kill you is growing more intense by the second. How much do you desire?"

You name an exorbitant sum as an opening bid, but the usual haggling doesn't take place.

His eyes narrow, then he nods, "Very well, scummy dog of the rock fields of space, for once your palpable iniquity shall find reward...Lady Fatima's father's goodwill is very important to me. Return her safe, with her virtue intact, at these coordinates three weeks from now. I would go at once, but these talks cannot be concluded quickly. May Allah forgive you, for I shall never stop hunting you." He terminates the call with a snarl.

[Continued]

lets kill him.

Ugh, we got have this bitch around for three more weeks?

"That was easy." Avi remarks, as the coordinates pop up on your screen. It's an area of empty space, no Colonies or trade lanes nearby, outside the usual turf of any of the pirate gangs.

"So far." You remark, imagining three whole weeks of Fatima in your life.

"So...what's next, Cap-er, Admiral?" Avi smiles nervously, folding his pudgy hands together.

>[Good question, what's next on your agenda?]

Trade the ship for the mechs

probably going to be a trap.

Guess it's time to get those heavier mechs

Backing

Finished list of our mixtape

Side A
1. Roundabout - Yes
2. Starman - David Bowie
3. Dude (Looks Like a Lady) - Aerosmith
4. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
5. I need a Hero - Bonnie Tyler
6. Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
7. Carry on My Wayward Sun -Kansas
8. Daddy Cool - Boney M
9. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran

Side B

1. Stargazer - DIO
2. Photograph - Def Leopard
3. Life on Mars - David Bowie
4. Spin Me Round - Dead or Alive
5. House of Fun - Madness
6. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
7. Tom Sawyer - Rush
8. I Can Feel It - Genesis
9. Land of Confusion - Genesis

To save time with the Queen Mixtape I wrote up one tell me if you think any should be changed

Side A

1. Killer Queen
2. Bohemian Raphsody
3. Don't Stop Me Now
4. Princes of the Universe
5. Made in Heaven
6. Fat Bottum Girls
7. We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions
8. Another One Bites the Dust
9. Under Pressure

Side B

1. Somebody to Love
2. Flash
3. Good Old Fashion Lover Boy
4. Who Wants to Live Forever
5. The Show Must Go On
6. Bicycle Race
7. It's A Hard Life
8. The Miracle
9. I Want It All

Annoy Miles and Richard, plan for handing of Fatima because that's not going to be a trap. Show Fatima a recording of the 'negotiations' so she knows how long she'll be with us.
But this should probably come first

Yes call Yoritomo and let him know what's going on.

Looks good to me.

Get our heavier mechs and then go for that colony thing for more loot and a chance to try out our new gear and crew against that base. Who knows, we might find something nice and maybe a puru.

Considering newtypes don't exist, wouldn't that essentially make a puru useless?

backing, followed by telling Fatima the good(?) news.

Twenty minute dinner break, but don't worry, I've got you covered.

Incidentally, the mechs you're getting are still reasonably light, Bluegill-class, but definitely heavier than the Harpies. The Knuckle Kaiser could still wade through them like a man wades through a wheatfield.

well, there were the green men and their clones and I wouldn't be surprised if the goverment were trying to make controllable green men.

So a green puru super solider monster girl wifu thing? I can dig it.

You know the leader of the green skulls, and how pretty much all that known about him is that he fought in the war. My question is which side?

Eh, even if Newtypes don't exist, there's still the potential for psychic bullshit.
Also, Purus are never useless, they provide needed morale and bathtimes.

Probably the losing side, considering he's on the opposite side of the law. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant part of the crew are composed of veterans who followed him into piracy.

But when someone walks through a field of wheat the only thing that hurts the wheat is his steps, and even then it's usually not a problem for the wheat.

Are you saying we are totally useless?

I'm going to cry.

And hey, some people have allergies, that field could fuck with them!

Exactly and who was the losing side? (rhetorical question I know, but do you?) Hint it rhymes with muper sutant.

Trooper ant?

So your saying the Green Skulls are Green Men in hiding?

The Greenskull Captain is The Master

No wonder he never leaves the ship.

Nigga growing a tree from his dome.

Son of a bitch.

Cut to Wong furiously pacing his living room trying to figure out how we guessed it

Some of them at least. I also think that the green ogre is piloted by a cute girl of course this is pure conjecture and only came about due to the similarity with the names and shadiness of the organization. But it could be completely false and Mr. Wong is laughing his sides off at me.

And they're interested in a UJCIDF research facility because of something they want to steal, something that can further their plans

Space FEV being made by the Space Enclave!!
or the Space Enclave is on Earth waiting

So if there was a Milia Jenius, who's our Max Jenius?

Nobody answer Roarke, because other people have to get love too

I think the best course of action is to strap a reactor to a stick and hurl that shit on overload towards that rock they're in.

This is from Macross right? I haven't really watched the series.

Sam