...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Arachnet

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Stuffer_Shack_Employee_Handbook_Working_Hard_Hardly_Working_Gets_You_Sacrificed_To_Horrors.epub
>Null_Shiva_Anant_All_Night.MP8
>NOVAPULS-2076_11_26.txt
>/dev/grrl_shower.avi

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 60 (33% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Putting Tusks To Task: A Guide To Managing Orcs'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running SpinradBestFriend.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What's the best combat anthrodrone/walker? If I want to have a bunch of robot friends in the back of the van, what do I get? Are Duelists the best, or did some splat have a better one? What about the Cheetah? I'm thinking a Little Buddy as the home/usual inhabited body for my AI rigger, yes/no?

To the guy in previous thread with only 2 players: play matrix lite. Deckers need constant babysitting from the GM anyway, so you're not missing much.

You know you can link back to previous threads, rights? Two angle brackets are a hell of a thing.

Well yeah but I just wanted to point out in a new thread that matrix is gay.

NPC hacker works fine. Instead of focusing on the hacker, you can focus on what the rest of the team needs to do - get the data tap to the correct terminal, defend against corpsec / stay stealthy, etc etc.

So saying that last thread wasn't enough, you have to do it this thread too? 'The Matrix is gay' is such a deep and important statement that it needs to be repeated?

Also, that doesn't address the fact that you are still a retard for not actually addressing your post to the guy it's addressed to, using the proper format so it can be understood.

I did all that knowingly.

I think duelist is the shittiest one. Personally I like this german secretary with unpronounceable name because of all around decent stats and the highest pilot rating available. Pilot 4 means you can pump his arms agility up to 8.

How would you feel as a player if the target of your latest heist turned out to be basically a pokemon?

How useful is a monofilament whip stored in a finger compartment?

I'd probably feel like the very best.

Good if you've got the skills to use it. Not so good otherwise.

but user, you have to turn the prototype gene modded pikachu over to the johnson

Catch him.
Definitely more useful than monowhip stored as a stick. Overall I think it should be last resort weapon for non-combatants, not something you use regularly.

Around Rockets, watch your pockets. Time to make my father and grandfathers proud, I just found my new anti-cyber buddy.

>mid-run complication: The containment box breaks in the middle of some tall grass
>End-run complication: The team refuses to hand over their starting pokemon to the johnson

>End-run complication: The team's asshole rival shows up and challenges them to a battle. His pokemon has the element advantage.

>Opposing rival shows up right after the run goes south into combat and the runners are beat to shit

>DOUBLE DUBS
Destiny confirmed.

Why not use the monowhip primarily? It's 12P -8AP 2 reach that isn't dependant on your strength. Perfect for agile characters like lolis.

>Get your ass beat
>Still drops you off at the hospital, takes half of your dosh

Why is it that in all the campaigns I am watching, the GMs use CFD?

>this retard again

I could ask the same about wireless matrix.

/srg/ is not indicative of all people who play Shadowrun or all people here in the general.

Why do all GMs I am watching use wireless matrix and CFD?

>I have no argument, so I'll just call him a retard!

Good job darling, I'm really impressed by your intellectual prowess.

Maybe they have no other ideas. And some people still like it.

>implying I have to prove anything to pedoposter
>implying he would understand it anyway

thanks to loli poster i'm going to have all the fixers that contact my group be cute little girls!

Are you saying you don't love little girls or what? Shitposterfag confirmed for gay.

To be fair, using a monowhip is basically a war crime.

Shit's brutal as fuck.

That sounds wonderful!

Lolis make everything so much better.

That's true, but it's also humane in the way that it kills relatively cleanly. Getting your head sliced off is macabre as fuck, but at least you won't suffer. Poisons and blunt trauma make for a lot more painful end.

i can only imagine what sort of jobs a loli fixer or god forbid a loli johnson would give out

Well, one of my wetwork johnsons historically is a little girl in a limo that has a full wet bar of juice boxes and chocolate milk.

>Poisons and blunt trauma make for a lot more painful end.

I wouldn't say that excuses it. And that's also assuming you don't miss and end up just lopping off a limb or two.

A couple of threads ago I asked for suggestions on how to make a loli johnson work. Got some really splendid ideas like being hired to ruin a rival loli's birthday party. And it just so happens that the rival loli is the daughter of a local mob boss. Or having to steal a genemanipulated unicorn. Or stealing the answers to an upcoming test from a high end private school.

It was really well thought out, the user who came up with them should deserve a medal.

I know I'm not going to get a satisfactory answer, by why oh why does a megacorp hire a six-year old, and give them the sort of executive power and budget to manage Shadowrun operations.

The little girl is actually playing weekend at the burnies with various previously powerful members of the corporation

Well if a cute little loli is coming at you and you don't die outright of nutbladder overload, and end up getting a limb cut out, the blood pressure will drop so fast that you're unconcious in a minute. And if you survive, the limb is presumably reattachable since the cut is so clean only a (relatively) minor surgery is necessary to fix it. And that's with modern day standards, not 2070's, and obviously without magic. And even if the limb is totally bust, you can always get a replacement.

moar cute cyber girls

Can the loliposters please shit up some other general?

Who says she was hired? Maybe the doting CEO dad just gives her a 20k nuyen weekly allowance and she REALLY wants that unicorn.

Shush, you. We're improving it.

>muh hardcore black trenchcoat setting can only have hardcore edgy characters in it and nothing else

going to a different subject tho, what sort of 'setting' do you feel fits shadowrun best? nova80s like the original was, where things are grim and the cyberpunk is in your face, or a nova2010s 'understated' cyberpunk? I personally prefer the latter. glitzier glammier 'cleaner' visuals, etc, no grunge. this lets me have cute girl fixer/Johnsons easier.

do also keep in mind that if a little girl walks up to a shadowrunner crew and offers a good payday, who's to say they wouldn't just take the job? pay's pay.

And how exactly does that allow her to get a private limo and contacts in the Shadow community? People need to remember that kids are really really really dumb, and no one in any kind of right mind would give a kid 20k to work off of in a month (Also considering that's probably one-half of your average hotshot executive's paycheque).

You don't seem to understand. Loliposters are one of the most spiteful groups known to man. As long as they think they're annoying someone, they'll keep on posting.
Don't reply.

I run my setting weird.
Shit's fucked, and sometimes the guy who hires you happens to be a 13 year old otaku girl with an SMG and beefy cyberarms.

maybe it's not actually a little girl, but a neoteny SURGEd exec who ran with the image and made it her own

80s or bust, chummer. 80s lets you throw in juviegangers anyway, which I'm sure you lolilovers would cream yourselves over.

>not buying your child brain-enhancing wares

Her mob don papa could be grooming her for leadership. Gotta start while they're young.
Plus, kids are ruthless; if you encourage lethal behavior they'll put someone in the ground without a second thought (see child soldiers).

Yes but as I said, kids are very very very very stupid. They have no concept of economics, subtlety, legality, whatever. I'd say not until someone is about 16 do they actually have a well developed rational mind that is required to work business.

Being ruthless doesn't matter if you're an idiot. And giving children exorbitant amounts of money in hopes of teaching them how to use it properly is an exercise in futility, and anyone who is smart enough to have 20k in disposable income would know that.

I think you're overexaggerating out of salt at the idea that a child would have a place in shadowrun, the land of 13 year old megabrained kids running successful otaku crime syndicates.

Loli has a personal assistant who is knowledgeable in all things under the loli's authority, not the father's. Loli wants the pony, assistant assembles the team. Team completes the job, loli wants to meet her heroes. Next time she'll meet them face to face, and not through a proxy.

I suppose I am trying to argue realism to those who aren't bothering with any concept of it.

Shadowrun, where a 16 year old elf girl can capture one of the most wanted men in the world, just to prove she's a capable shadowrunner.

It's really not much of a stretch.

Okay, but in fairness, that's fucking /dev/grrl. I'm pretty sure she's one of the writer's waifus.

why would you argue realism in a topic where the MAKERS OF THE GAME already said "fuck that we can have superkids in our metaplot"?

That and there are so many, many, many mind augmenting enhancements that your complaints just sound petty at best.

Because anyone who is at all sane ignores the metaplot.

The metaplot, entire archetypes, entire swathes of enhancement options, entire swathes of identity altering options, the possibility of exceptional attributes, the possibility of super soldiers, the possibility of natural genius, and the entire idea of not appearing as you are.

Yeah, it's sane to ignore all that.

Not her fault her pop was irresponsible enough to let her in on the family business at that age, doting as he is. If her driver knows a guy (and doesn't want the boots put to him for telling the boss's daughter no), it could happen. The pay could easily have been grabbed from mom's purse, if pop had at least enough sense to limit her spending.

With all the talk about loli, how do I include futa catgirl as a Johnson?

You do understand that your kids' performance is basically going through an arms race in SR world? Children are literally stuffed full of cerebral boosters and the like to keep them at the top of the class. Who's to say one of them wouldn't want to blow steam by hiring a team of runners to do some odd jobs? I imagine having her own personal merc team would be really interesting for a loli.

There's not really a logical fallacy in the posts you're pointing at, user.
Especially the one berating the guy for ignoring the dozens of possible ways to make a kid or kid lookin' thing viable.

>Ignoring the metaplot means ignoring all these other things.
The first user wasn't even talking about lolis. I'm not sure the second was either.
They're both Black or White fallacies.

user, that's not a logical fallacy, you just missed the point of the conversation.

Which is you have to ignore a HUGE FUCKING PILE of mechanical and setting details if you want to say there's no way for a kid to be involved.

You also have a minor case of "I'm not that guy", which also does not a logical fallacy imply.

>Approach 1

Be subtle about it. It might be obvious that the Johnson is a catgirl, but she'll be otherwise normal and as professional as your average Johnson. What's in her pants only comes up under circumstances that make sense (eg: the face takes a liking to her and seduces her, the decker rolls like 9 hits on Matrix Search).

>Approach 2

Be blatantly obvious about it. The Johnson wants to meet at a sauna, a nude beach, or something similar. She's nude (and expects the runners to be) when they meet. Boom, catgirl with a penis.

>Approach 3

The obvious, but not too obvious approach. Johnson (or maybe a close friend of the Johnson) is an exotic prostitute needing protection. This might include some time where she's at work and any peeping toms will see what she's packing. Also, your decker will be informed with ~2-3 hits on Matrix search.

>Which is you have to ignore a HUGE FUCKING PILE of mechanical and setting details if you want to say there's no way for a kid to be involved.
And I'm sure that the culture of the whole world has changed such that children are seen as mature and trustworthy and can deal out high priority jobs after getting picked up from middle school?
Unless there's some subplot about hormones in food maturing kids early, having grown adults taking a kid seriously is dumb. Kids have been getting smarter every generation, no denying that, but that doesn't matter. No hired killer is going to take a child seriously even if they're waving a bunch of cred around. Odds are more likely they'll mug them instead.
You see, you can't implant maturity.

>And I'm sure that the culture of the whole world has changed such that children are seen as mature and trustworthy and can deal out high priority jobs after getting picked up from middle school?
Well, according to the actual setting and metaplot, yes.

>Well, according to the actual setting and metaplot, yes.
[Citation needed]

now hold on my point was simply that most runners will take pay from whoever can pay them. if that means a rich kid is asking them to do things, most runners will take it cuz >allboutdanuyen.jpg

>attempting to mug a johnson at the first meet where they don't even have the certified credsticks on them and in a setting with digital currency
Do you even know what system you are talking about?

Otaku crime syndicates and intelligence boosting cyber AND bioware.
And entire metatypes that specifically look childish.

>implying most GMs allow metavariants

Gnomes can die in a fire

Okay, we get it, you get triggered by anything that happens to have anything to do with children.
That doesn't change that these things are absolutely riddled throughout the mechanics and setting.

So why do loliposters want lolis in Shadowrun? To what end?

Until Shadowrun turns into cyberpunk FATAL

The real question is why you are so insistent on there being none when the setting explicitly uses them as a story element and they are specifically condoned by mechanics.

>trying to mug the daughter of a big shot megacorp CEO who's surrounded by special forces tier bodyguards
Your funeral, chummer.

Do you even play shadowrun?
That's a bad idea for so many, many, many, many, many reasons.

Seems like you just don't want to answer the question.

Seems like you are trying to red herring a discussion after it was shown that you were explicitly in the wrong.
see

Look man, all I'm saying is that if Rigger5 has a loli catgirl on the goddamn cover, then maybe it's just something that's in the game's blood.

I have no idea why it is, but maybe it just is and we should all stop trying to police everybody's personal tastes.

'Sides, who doesn't want to be the little girl sometimes?

>Thinking that's the actual cover art.

Just because I want to fiddle diddle a little girl doesn't mean I should put it in to a game.

>being this retarded

Likewise, just because a little girl is in a game doesn't mean it is there for fiddle diddling.
Also you should get that checked if you want to fiddle diddle little girls.

What's wrong with wanting to fiddle diddle little girls?

Hey, at least he's not as retarded as the guy who thinks it's a good idea to mug the johnson.

>Rigger 5 has a loli catgirl on the cover
actually thats a fake cover you twat, the actual cover looks like garbage so someone modified the pdf as an injoke

By default rigger5 doesn't have a loli on the cover. Or a catgirl for that matter. It's base cover art is shit, but it doesn't have either of those things.
Also, people on Veeky Forums tend to get upset when things that they aren't into get talked about a whole bunch. I'm not saying that that's a good thing but that's how things are. You should really back off a bit on the whole loli thing if you're so concerned about respecting other people's personal tastes.

Well now don't I feel silly. Still though, having little girls in a game doesn't always have to be weird and creepy.

A DM I had was a complete anime nerd with a metal plate in his skull and more than a few screws loose. When we went up against a "pale, raven haired girl of about 8 with one red and one black eye sizzling with electrical energy" I was clenching my anus waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Turned out to be one of the best boss fights we ever had, and we even got invited for tea later with her and her father, the local mob boss. Fun times.

Man, on that topic, those guys who get all bitchy whenever a thing they don't like is discussed are the worst.

What's wrong with fiddle diddling little girls?

Maybe, but they're here and they won't go away just because you don't like them. Much like some lolifags. People seem to spend a lot of time on Veeky Forums getting impotently angry, which doesn't seem to be very healthy, but, once again, that's how things are. If you don't want things that you find cool to cause shitstorms every time you bring them, don't flood threads with them. Have a little restraint and everything will be daijoubu.

Still, I feel like they fundamentally misunderstand how discussion or the internet work.
Conversations naturally have an ebb and flow, and the freakouts only serve to artificially elongate the very thing they are freaking out about.