/swg/- Catgirls in Space Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

What's your favorite race for Jedi /swg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/4/25/defend-the-empire/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remove cats. Destruction of Kilrah best day of my life.

Humans, obviously

doid

No, Luke! Don't give in to hate!

Iktotch.
Gorin' scrubs

MY FATHER NEVER TOOK ME TO A GRAVBALL GAME!

Ithorians
Force-powered Sonic Screams recanonized fucking when.

REMOVE MEOW
REMOVE MEOW
catASTROPHY BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

I'm currently playing a shard inhabiting a Droid body, it's always funny to make the troopers think you're a novelty protocol droid while mind-tricking them

Hey guys my group just got the Dangerous Covenants expac for edge of the empire.

I plan on playing a hired gun heavy support class. Anyone have any experience playing that class?

What weapon would you recommend I start with?

The TFU DLC was too Edgy for me. Seriously, they had Starkiller kill Obi-Wan by tossing him into the Falcon's engines.

it was dumb and edgy but that's what made it fun for me.

depends on how much youre willing to spend, and when you are putting points into barrage and burly

assuming you want to stick with at least a long range weapon to benefit from barrage, your budget option is the sporting blaster rifle from sun of fortune. 8 damage, long range, and being able to choose between stun and lethal damage is a good deal at 600 credits.

the cheapest extreme range weapon is the weequay blaster lance from lords of nal hutta. the encumbrance and lack of stun setting hurt, but the range and accurate quality are strong positives.

the model 77 air rifle from enter the unknown has long range, and outdamages either of the other two on average with its high pierce quality, but only deals stun damage

the mon cal spear blaster is worth considering because it is both a serviceable rifle and a decent melee weapon, with a lot of hardpoints for future upgrades

>Star Wars galaxy is mostly Humans, then Duros, and then various other races
>every RPG group is made up of a bunch of special snowflake rare exotic races

I know that its nofunallowed but I kind of want to make players roll for the opportunity to be nonhuman to try and preserve the ratio a little.

>mostly Humans
To be fair, part of that is because costumes are expensive and uncomfortable.

>Star Wars galaxy is mostly Humans, then Duros, and then various other races
This is just blatantly not true. Play Uprising if you want to get a feel for how diverse the galaxy actually is, or read any of the books that don't suck.

How about the class itself? Am I mostly sitting back sniping or shooting mass shots from a heavy machine gun?

That's only true for the core, location-wise, and is only close to true in general cause the core's population is so high.
In the mid and outer rims, it's a completely different story, and guess where most PCs are from?

if your gun is capable of auto fire, and you have the dice to hit and activate it reliably, you'll want to go full auto. it isn't quite as brutal as it sounds because barrage only applies to one hit per attack, but with the base damage of rifles auto-fire still adds a lot

odds are you are not going to keep enemies far away from you forever, which is fine. you do plenty of damage even without the benefit of barrage, the extra encumbrance allowance from burly lets you carry a lot of gear in addition to your rifle, you have access to a number of defensive talents, and you still have melee and brawl as career skills

Drunk with my fiancee again /swg/, last time she was my gf. Love you guys.

Is your fiancee an X-Wing? Because otherwise that's pretty off topic.

She might be his Y-fu.

Hard to argue with these points. I guess I occasionally just yearn for a little OT simplicity. Also I'm in a shit mood so maybe I'm just being bitchy.

Consider my previous post tastefully withdrawn.

This is /swg/ there is no off topic.

Fuckin love you too bud

And we love you, random citizen from the internet!

>I guess I occasionally just yearn for a little OT simplicity

The Cantina scene says "hi"

i remember you drunk user. Did you ever end up playing that star wars RPG with her?

I'd like to respectfully disagree with this comment, since the cantina scene is not the same as the racial makeup of the protagonists of the story. Yeah, they saw a bunch of aliums but the 'party' was still a bunch of humans, one alien, and some droids and not a rainbow of aliens. Anyway, I've already backed down from my previous comment so there isn't much else to say.

Well two of the party are related for starters. Plus in Edge you aren't playing as the Chosen One, you're a bunch of nobodies trying to do the job, get paid and keep flying. Generally the PT does a better job of showing diversity in the Jedi Order/good guys, I was said that the Resistance went back to "white people plus a few token aliens" and the Empire are still too racist to have nonhuman stormies

Admittedly, most of my star wars RPG experience predates the FFG system and featured a lot of rebel operative kinds of games, so a bunch of humans and maybe an alien or two made sense (to me). In the end though, there are a ton of aliens in Star Wars so you can't really be surprised that people want to play them. It doesn't hurt anything, I just would like to see an occasional 'three humans a wookiee' kind of set up from time to time.

We have a topic?

Space Conflicts, if I recall correctly.

That's fair. I usually fall more on the special snowflake end of the spectrum so I've never really wanted to play a human character, especially in a setting with so many sentient races. If it makes you feel better it seems likely that the movies aren't going to buck that humans+1 alien formula anytime soon

If I'm being honest with myself, I think I tend more towards humans because I want to feel unique. In a game where everyone is over the top super special and different, being a guy who digs through space trash appeals to me. I guess I'm seeking uniqueness by being mundane. Though if I ever broke the habit, I think it'd be fun to play a Gran or a Rodian.

I like Kota's weaboo katana hilt lightsaber from the comic adaptation of TFU

Yeah. I went with a successful Skywalker/Ahsoka thing. It was amazing.

forgot pic because dumb

Is it really weeaboo for a lightsaber to have a katana hilt?
I mean the whole reason lightsabers exist is because Lucas is a kurosawa fanboy.
The saber choreography in the OT is pretty much straight kendo.

Sup /swg/ I recently got into x-wing, and am wondering what I should get next.

What I own so far is a Decimator, a Phantom, and 2 TIE/FO's. But I can't seem to deal with my friend's jousting lists, usually with Ten Numb. It might just be that I'm deploying poorly, but the Phantom (Whisper, Vet instincts, FCS, ACD) has never lived past turn 3. it just keeps taking mangler cannon shots to the face from Ten Numb (B wing guy who says you can't dodge his crits)

How the fuck do I deal with that? every game he just flies straight at the phantom until it dies.

I'm pretty sure it was the Glove of Darth Vader

>I went with a successful Skywalker/Ahsoka thing
Huh?
Storytime?

Start slow and when he closes shoot past him, when he needs to turn or engage at range 3+ he can't push through 5+ evade dice.

Remember that K turns are a thing but his action economy gets fucked if you keep turn fighting in large arcs.

You are more maneuverable than him and when you can get the right flanking (and understand his movement dial) you can play with him ad nauseam.
Just got to blast behind him in the first few turns, even if you can't engage right away you fuck with is plan and he isn't nearly as flexible.

That doesn't sound like an RPG. It does however sound made of win

Is the plural for "Jedi" still "Jedi," or is it "Jedis"?

I think its just Jedi

It's Jedi. Like they've said Multiple times in the movies.

It's like sheep; it's the same singular and plural

Love you too, user! May you live forever

Ten Numb is PS8, and therefore 10 with VI, 9 with Adaptability. He gets to shoot before me. I get 2 evade dice since it is a cannon, and then every time that he shoots at me, 1 of his crits is unblockable (and he has a mangler cannon for an assured crit)

Basically, he has Horton Slam follow Ten Numb around, and they absolutely fuck over my Phantom turn 2.

How is Rebellion?

Or samurai, which its meant to invoke.

>Hamster eating banana.png

Those tiny little arms on the wookie

Some aliens use Jedis, but that's dialect.

Don't end in his arc, it's really that simple.

You should not try to joust at all, go slow and when he's close enough just fly past him. You are playing into his game.

Once you get past him he will be trying really hard to keep you in arc the rest of the match. Even if he moves after you, you should be able to predict his movements the bwing dial isn't very complicated.

That still doesn't fix the issue of Horton, but i don't think that there is any way to deal with a PS 10 TLT that has rerolls.

>I get 2 evade dice since it is a cannon,

who told you this?
If you are cloaked you get 4, just because he's using a secondary doesn't mean he ignores the extra evade dice.

> i don't think that there is any way to deal with a PS 10 TLT that has rerolls.

Look up Baron Soontir Fel and laugh at the rebel tears.

If he took the title he can't fire outside of ark anymore, you still only have to fly past him.

I'm gonna run a HARDCORE Gungan bounty hunter. He gonna be tall, he gonna be black, he gonna be BOMBAD BEAUTIFUL!

>meesa only have four words for yousa
>big booma goes wheresa?

>some

he does not take the title.

I get 2 because I am not cloaked. I uncloak, and he shoots me in the face before I can recloak, as his PS is 10.

I'll look into soontir fel. What's a good loadout for him? Getting a focus when you stress seems interesting, but I don't see exactly how it would play out. Just K-turn through people?

>Fel
Autothrusters + Push the Limit + Royal Guard TIE + Stealth Device.

Funnily enough, Horton Salm was the man who landed the disabling shot during the capture of Baron Fel.

Sounds good.

Soontir Fel

-Royal gaurd TIE (he can take 2 mods)
-PTL (takes 2 actions per turn and recieves stress for an extra focus)
-Stealth device (4 evade dice until he gets hit, any only if that hit was caused by failing a evade roll- ignoring instant dmg shit)
-Auto thrusters (automatically turns a blank roll into a evade when outside of attackers arc or range 3)

Because an interceptor has a crazy movement dial he can clear a green maneuver every turn and boost/barrel roll out of arc every turn (getting up to 3 actions a turn because of PTL and the synergy with his pilot ability.

>I uncloak, and he shoots me in the face before I can recloak, as his PS is 10.

So don't uncloak?
You know you don't have to uncloak at the start of every turn right, you can elect to stay cloaked.

Is Force lightning a power any dark sider can do or is it secret Sith Lord stuff only?

Canon, I don't think anyone has done it besides Palpatine and Dooku, both elderly men with a lifetime of experience with the Force.

But it doesn't seem like a secret to me. I'd say it's more like...lifting a massive weight with telekinesis. It's obvious how to do it, but you still have to possess a certain level of power. For Lightning, that level is quite high.

EU wise, no.

Anyone who can access the Force can do it. It's also been shown as a lightside thing if you can do it with no anger or hatred. I mean that's Luke getting his Mary Sue on a bit, but also Plo Koon did like an orange laser version.

The idea behind it is you are letting out all of your negative emotions in a massive burst of power. Sure, Palpatine looks like he's having the best time ever, but that's because he enjoys the torture.

If you do it in the FFG system, you gain a starship-load of conflict, so use it sparingly if you want to get your UNLIMMMMMIIIIIIIITED POWEEEEERRRRR on.

>It's also been shown as a lightside thing if you can do it with no anger or hatred
eh, not quite. lightsiders can use a similar-looking ability that's more like ''force taser'' than the SITH HATE RADIATION that is traditional forcelightning

I'm far more interested in that Spear of Midnight technique that Palpatine did in the EU. That shit's like an ultimate move in a video game or something. Why can't the Light Side have cool stuff like that?

Well, Light Siders can become effectively immortal, so that's pretty cool.

Darth Big Guy can do that shit easy in the cartoon.

Pretty sure when Anakin Solo was going full Jedi Jesus he was like, shooting light out of his hands or something.

Isn't it supposed to be a case of literally hating your opponent do death? Doesn't surprise me that Palps looks like he has fun. Imagine everyone time someone on here has said "I wish I could hate you to death" and then actually let them do just that. That is the smile of immense satisfaction.

Light side has one ultimate technique, and that's the ability to put the right man in the right place to stop any and every sort of dark side scheme, no matter what improbabilities it takes. Next to that, how does blowing tons of shit up compare? It don't even come close

Light Side Ultimate Ability
>Plot Armor
How the fuck do you top that?

The Wook says otherwise, but all that shit ain't canon no more, so what do we care.

Make it whatever you want, Force Lightning user!

"Gee master Luke, what are you fueling that lightning with?"

"Um... righteous indignation?" *cute bishi smile*

That was a vision by the priestesses. Sith can't ghost, straight from George. I know what they can do in Legends, but George had his own universe.

Lol it's likely the case tho.

But it comes back to that whole argument over the Force just IS. It's how people draw on it that makes it influence things.

Like I can heal angrily. FUCKING LIVE YOU FAGGOT TAKE MY MAGIC! and no issues.

So naturally I should be able to fire bolts of condensed FUCK YOU at people who deserve it. I.e. people who muderdeathkill.

The Force is a narrative tool first. Having good guys shooting out lightning defeats the purpose no matter how you justify it.

From one game so far...

Empire has quality and numbers, rebels have versatility and better leaders to perform missions.

As the Empire player, I generally had no clue if I was doing anything right.

wut

The Force serves the story. Good guys using evil looking techniques messes with the story.

What rank do think Inquisitors have?

The nucanon has an entire non-military religious cadre as part of the empire's upper echelons. They have no formal rank, but they can requisition materiel from any sector fleet in the Imperial military. Vader is at the top of this hierarchy.

Get the tfo expansion and lambda. Lambda is good against b wings and rebel captive is good for the phantom

Swarm numb with your tfos he cant kill them all

Tie advanced with title and adv targeting computer ripes through y wings

When you get good with interceptors you can take targeting computer instead of stealth device that way you can snipe ships

No it doesn't. Not if there's justification and they are faced with moral issues/conflict. It aids the story if anything. Don't let your view of Star Wars be locked into the films only bro.

Special Asset level. I.e.they get whatever they want when they want because they report directly to Vader who reports only to Palps.

And they scare the fuck out of any Imperial Navy or Army personnel they command.

If you're playing the Empire you have one job - crush the rebels anywhere they appear while hunting down their base.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT let them have any uncontested planets. Many of their objectives come from having units on planets or winning battles against you. If you subjugate every planet they have they can do neither.

At the same time you want to expand you own production as much as possible - go after valuable heavy industry worlds and make good use of the project deck to that effect.

Finally, disrupt rebel plans whenever possible - Vader and Fett are great for capturing rebel leaders - even better, turn someone to the darkside and then freeze someone else in carbonite to get the activation edge over the rebellion.

>It's also been shown as a lightside thing if you can do it with no anger or hatred. I mean that's Luke getting his Mary Sue on a bit, but also Plo Koon did like an orange laser version.

It's a very muddy issue, even in Legends. True Force Lightning is meant to be treated with extreme caution and as an "oh shit" button. Just as with Vaapad, its Dark Side nature means that only Jedi with ridiculous self control can use it without falling.

Plo Koon's version is poorly understood in-universe but appears to function more as a Force taser rather than murderous hate lightning.

>green k-turns
yikes

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/4/25/defend-the-empire/