Humans

Do you include different types of humans in your setting, Veeky Forums? If so, do they have any specific bonuses or minuses?

>Niggers

Did they accidently switch the faces of the male and female garudas?

Only the Myrmidons and Giants are black, mate.
The Nomads and Garuda are Asian.

They all have that fucking rudolf tumblr nose

Nomads looks like crackers to me senpai

That female nomad looks fkn juicy. What's your price?

It's a particularly nasty and prevalent example of symbol drawing, like how some girls draw everything with enormous eyelashes

And since tumblr/da are such horrendous echo chambers, it's unlikely most artists there will ever significantly improve or even recognize how bad they are due to being convinced that's just their "style"

I think they're supposed to be Inuit or something.

The art is pretty shit, but that female north nomad is high test.

Would still fuck both

In my setting there were two human progenitors. They were both immortal. Then one gave up his immortality when he lost a djinn's riddle. So I have a race of immortal humans and mortal humans. The immortal humans are targeted by the djinni and the mortals are more or less treated as bystanders. The mortals are also fearful and envious of the immortals and thus murder them frequently.

>female Nomad

If she's nomadic why is she so goddamned fat.

I had the same fucking question.

so in pathfinder, using the different options from the race guide, or saying that if they are from area x y or z then they get to choose their stat boasts from 3 instead of 6. might require a minimum or maximum height, hair color or god. usually put in specific missions that tied to their home land too. little things go a long way if you play them up.

Horse does all the moving. And/or pregnant.

Then why isn't the man fat too?

What do nomads, the people who move around a lot, eat to get so plump?

I think the artist tried by giving him a gut but then fucked it up with the pecs.

I assume it's blubber. Like, most of what they eat is stored in fatty tissue for when there are long periods without food or as protection from cold. Like bears, camels, or seals.

I think the artist was trying to score virtue points with some 'beauty at all sizes' bullshit.

Being pregnant doesn't make you develop love handles though

It makes you look fat because there's a baby growing inside you, but if you keep an active lifestyle there's no reason why it would make you actually fat

Seals and whales?

Also, OP fell victim to one of the classic blunders.

THICK

THIICCKK

It's a tumblr-tier artist. The only reason they did this in the first place was virtue points.

Why are the myrmidons, who's name translates to "ant people", the second tallest race?

See? People can be NATURALLY fat because I drew them that way and somehow this picture that took me all of an hour and a half to draft is a valid excuse for your deplorable lifestyle choices!

OMG SO PROGRESSIVE

The thing is bread is more likely (not guaranteed calm your tits bread lovers) to make you fat than eating fat due to its tendency to kick off a cycle of insulin resistance and it's the macro-nutrient that is least likely to get the brain to release the hormone known as leptin (with more intense sugars not even releasing the leptin at all). That's the hormone that let's you know you've had enough food for reference. Protien, fat, and fiber all release the hormone much more often by comparison. Living a nomad lifestyle is not that far off from being a classic hunter and gatherer and that is, in a way, one of the healthiest lifestyles for a human or at least the one we're most adapted to.

Based low-carb high-fat diet.

Humans with an elf parent tend to heal faster than average. They tend to become alcoholics easily.

Humans with a halfling parent are often short, but are strong runners and able to jump high.

Humans with an orc parent are stronger than most, but have to eat much more than normal.

Humans with a dark elf parent can change their hair color, and skin color to a limited degree. More susceptible to pain though, and tend to have red eyes which makes other people distrust them.

Humans with a kobold parent get claws and somewhat leathery skin. It doesn't help much in a serious fight with weapons or people skilled in fighting, but makes a bar brawl a good bit more painful for the other guy and less painful for the half-kobold. Short.

Humans with a goblin parent have sharp teeth and can eat food that isn't exactly appealing. They tend to be very energetic and enjoy late nights, but are short and bright light hurts their eyes.

Humans with a dwarf parent have thick and luxurious hair, age gracefully, and rarely develop heart disease. Short, but not as short and humans with a parent from one of the other short races.

Yes, there are different "breeds" of human.
No, their stats are identical.

Only by the blessing of the Gods is any race as a whole stronger or weaker in some way.
And humans are infamously devoid of any Godly blessing.

Mario has a halfling parent?

He'd be more fitting as just being a halfling, they jump much higher than half-halflings. About twenty feet high.

No, because if they actually ARE human beings (as in the species we belong to) then while they have vague genetic tendencies, a lot of what they end up physically looking like has to do with their environment and diet they grow up with.
Basically every "race" of humanity has approximently the exact same physical limitations and bonuses in real life, with the modifiers coming from their lifestyle and environment and diet and how their parents looked.
Example; the reason African-Americans (in any of the Americas) are stereotyped as "strong" is because most of them are descended from guys who were bought and sold at slave auctions specifically FOR physical strength since their primary job was hours of back-breaking physical labor. And even that's an outdated stereotype as you can find African-Americans in all kinds of sizes.

My neighbor is this guy barely an inch taller then me who's got this weird stocky-waisted build that makes him look fat when he's only in average physical shape at the worst.

What system did you brew these up for? Sounds kinda fun to have more crossbreeds to choose from, though I imagine Half-Halfling would be tiring to say after a while,

I would guess it's the setting I heard a while ago where humans were cursed by their jilted god to not be able to breed with each other so they had to screw other races for a few centuries until the curse no longer affected their descendants. Humans as a whole exist, and seem to appear human for the most part, but no current living human is pure human anymore. Kind of like the bretons in TES but on a much wider scale.

Could be a totally different user, but that's my guess.

I don't have the mechanics hammered out yet, just fluff. The idea I started out with for the setting was "What if there was a generic fantasy setting based on 1920-1930s America instead of medieval Europe?" and evolved from there. I'm looking for something that will allow the trappings of a D&D-esque setting with fighters, rogues, and wizards as adventurers while still allowing for relatively advanced technology and guns without having them be under or over powered. I'm still having trouble with the details of allowing a dangerous world for adventures to travel through while keeping civilization at a reasonable level.
Different user. All non-monster non-animal races can interbreed, it's basically the sole reason goblins are considered people instead of monsters or vermin. But there are no half breeds, children take after one parent with some traits of the other. Those traits can't be passed on to their children, ie. two humans with red eyes from a dark elf parent will only have purely human children with no dark elf traits. I wanted to avoid doing any pseudo-science and make it clear that many aspects of the world depend on it being magic to function.

Nordic types get -4 melanin

Melanin is now a stat in DnD 6e

What bonuses/detriments does it offer and what skills require a melanin modifier

Why is the sample 'Catarina' face black when the onion knights all have germanic names

Yeah. There are a few different sorts of humans in my setting with different bonuses/penalties, mostly from culture. Overall they're not too different from each other. I also have demihumans, though, who are either people with enough hereditary weirdness to make them significantly different from the general populace, or members of one of the artificially engineered human subraces

>accidentally

I like to give the benefit of the doubt, undeserving it may be.

I don't mind it. It makes the garuda girl hotter.

which one is that

I would have expected negative int and a saving throw each turn vs robbing/attacking randoms

I'm inferring the one on the right.

because he's the only happy one

FantasyCraft does humans really well. If you choose to play a human, theres this big list of Human Talents you can choose from to make them unique.

>mfw I look into Siegmeyer's helmet and see that he's white

Any setting that differentiates between 50 different types of humans while only having an elf, a wood elf and a dark elf is garbage tier.

fire/radiant damage resistance?
Idk how D&D works, never played it, but it should do the trick.

Nah. This is from a snowflake on DeviantArt who basically sought out to make tumblr: the fantasy universe. Apparently, the Garuda's culture has "reversed gender roles."

Don't you know? Only obese WOMEN can be beautiful. Men have to be fit and well built.

Melanin privilege. Your melanin score gives you bonuses to guilt and intimidation checks.

I'd like to produce a setting with only different breeds of human (or maybe not 'only'), but it feels really hard to justify them nationally and populace wise.

It's like, how interesting is it to have a race of humans, descended from bloodthirsty maneads that have retractable claws and shit, but how would those people exist in nations or groups? Would each nation be primarily composed of that group? How would a nation accept people not of that specific group? What if these groups come from really strange or mythological pairing (like half demon, or half moon or something), would they just continue on genetically?

In short its really hard to justify why an average human would have strange racial traits or abilites of a strange near-human race, but with nonhuman races its much easier to justify.

>human only setting
>no racial stat bonus
>starting gift of "training in X" or an culturally specific set of tools/weapons
>Final Destination

anything else is heresy.

Why their heads are so tiny??

My setting is more historical fantasy than anything else, but there's broadly speaking three races of men.

1. Noreians - They are the most common and are descended from the Roman Empire equivalent's days of power. Dark hair, white skin, pretty tall (6' avg male height) and physically imposing. Eye colors vary a lot, but green is the most common.

2. Egathans - These guys are extremely pale, gaunt, and tall, often a full foot taller than Noreians. Egathans live on a series of large islands in the far north of the globe and are theorized to be the eldest race of men. Their skin color ranges from pure white to blueish gray, and their eyes are always purple. They have white, silver, or gray hair.

3. Muezim - Muezim is the catch-all term for humans with dark skin. They are much shorter, on average, than Noreians or Egathans (5'4" average male height), and almost always have dark hair and eyes. They're not necessarily stupid but they are slow learners who have difficulty working with numbers. Muezim have much larger families than most sapient races and they generally have less regard for human life and civilization. There's a lot of variety within the Muezim but overall they are weaker and dumber than Egathans and Noreians.

As far as statistical bonuses and penalties go, I didn't apply any but PC's are not allowed to play Muezim.

>My setting is mostly historical fantasy
>Romans being 6 ft.
>Other whites being 7 ft.
>Purple eyes
>All that /pol/ shit at the bottom

Humans in my setting receive

+2 industry
+1 warfare
+1 culture
+1 growth
-1 ecology
-1 diplomacy

Overall they are pretty good at pumping out troops and absorbing lesser races and cultures, but kind of leave everything in a state of slow decay and infighting.

>historical fantasy
Yeah, as in there's not really supernatural elements in the world, other than non-human sapients. There's no magic or gods, and the setting itself is based on Europe and European history.

>/pol/
These are fictional races, ace. There's no need to feel triggered by their characteristics.

>muslims will get triggered by this

>muh /pol/ boogeyman

Cry more.

Well if they're based off of inuit... sometimes seals / walrus. sometimes whales if they can get them. Sometimes moose/elk.

But it's a bit retarded because inuit were village based most of the year and fishermen.

Plains indians were nomads and they followed buffalo / elk / caribou. They had some berries mixed in, but it's hard to get fat on relatively high protein diets, as opposed to the high fat diets of inuit (and relatively sedentary lifestyle).

In fact it was often better for inuit people to put on some extra fat weight, because well food reserves & insulation.

Quarterling, obviously

Biologically it wouldn't make sense for a northern race to be gaunt and tall. Long thin limbs is the adaptation for hot climates, they lose heat quicker.

How does it work? Surely, the women still need to bear children, making them tremendously more important for the survival of the specie than the men? Why would they send their most important people to be slaughtered in war?

Of course, if a wizard did it (like a magical protection for every women), I don't see any particular issue. Exalted solved this problem by giving women superpowers at, at least, two separate occasion (Bride of Ahlat and terrestrial DBs). Then it's coherent.

Maybe they have a such amazon culture, where man are far fewer than women. Thats why the man become most prized possession. And copulate with other race are considered to be impossible or taboo by their tradition.

Remember that women can't go pregnant on their own.

It's not intended to "make sense biologically".

> don't make sense
> don't know that most skandinavians and alps guy are atleast 1.8 m in size
>most of guy in equatorial are midget at 1.6 m

If you thought like that, the real worlds aren't make sense at all.

>minuses
It's "maluses".

Why is that lardass there?

>Black people
>Tall black people
>Indians
>Inuit

Where are the Chinese? Japanese? What about the Mesoamericans or Aborigines?

Why is this artist such a piece of shit that they'd intentionally ignore entire continents worth of people? Is the whole world just "black people" to her?

It's insulation.

Because Germany is historically black? Ever since Saint Merkel brought the natives home.

>Blacks are egyptian like, taller and stronger all at once
>tumblr art
Wew

You're talking about people that have stunted imaginations living their entire lives in vacuum-sealed suburbs with nary an understanding of culture, independent thought or biology that wasn't part of a multiple choice question on the State Mandated Exam.

These people don't think, they don't understand context and they sure as hell don't understand history. Life to them has and always will be like an early 2000s 90% white suburb.

YOU BE SAYIN WE WUZNT PHARAOHS N SHIET? EGYPT WU CALLED KEMET(THE BLACK LAND) YOU RACIS WHYTEBOI
ALSO HANNIBALL WUZ BLACK

Fire/radiant damage resistance
Ice /Necro damage vulnerability (melanin makes you more susceptible to frostbite)

Isn't Hannibal popularly portrayed as black, now?

Sadly yes.
Because AFRICA=BLACK

Didn't Google portray all of the characters in Shakespeare's works as black in that banner they did a couple days ago?

Wasn't even Shakespeare given a heavy tan?

didnt they even go so far as to make literally everyone black or a woman in the "Veteran's Day" banner?

Don't forget National Geographic's THE BLACK PHAROAHS front page, and how every movie set in Egypt now gets flak because the Egyptians aren't West Africans!

No?

Just as planned.

Egyptians historically were the ancestors of white Brits, so I don't know why everyone's like "hurr durr historical accuracy" WHEN ITS ACTUALLY 100% ACCURATE TO CAST BRITS. Fucking tumbler.

Yes, because Hannibal Barca was Carthaginian, and Carhage was in Morth Africa. Never mind the Carthaginians (or more accurately Punics) were descended from the Phonecians (their capital was in Lebanon) and Berbers (now determined by DnNA testing as caucasoid Arabs)

>Didn't Google portray all of the characters in Shakespeare's works as black in that banner they did a couple days ago?

You mean this?

>Hannibal was an allahuackbar

???????????

Source?

Scandinavians are not gaunt, they have big hevily built bodies.

But user, only blacks lived in Africa
It's different now because of white colonialism. You should all be ashamed.

UHHHH
THIIICK

Playing 5e with the Variant Human rule. Humans of various origins trends towards different attributes, but otherwise nah.

>mfw there all short as fuck and I'm as tall as the female giant

My setting's got Whites, Blacks, Arabs, and Asians.

They do not get bonuses. They're human. They do get options between certain skill bonuses or proficiencies.