Being friends with the non-humans

Time for another setting/scenario where humanity tries to befriend with various non-human beings. Setting(s) can be fantasy or sci-fi, so how would you befriend the non-humans, or would you not and go to war with them for HFY points?

Shitposting HFY and pro-interspecies relations are welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yg4i8pot9gs
youtube.com/watch?v=h-uNMPU6GtA
youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc
youtube.com/watch?v=1fQkVqno-uI
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2674916
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2674964
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>That feeling when the Half-Dragon is dominant.

>"Holy crap, Corporal Polanski actually got that knife-eared leader bitch to strip down like! ...HQ, awaiting orders to engage target, not sure if Polanski will be able to keep her like that for long."

In my opinion it depends on how close to human they are. For all the shit we say about elves, I'm pretty sure that if we met elves dwarves Hobbits gnomes etc that were all pretty darn human looking we would not just automatically go on crusade. Bugs reptiles or other shit what scared us? I can see a crusade happening.

I know Lindybiege is kind of hit and miss but he has a good point about fantasy races and the way they would probably feel about each other.

youtube.com/watch?v=yg4i8pot9gs

Depends on how degenerate the non-humans are.

If they're likable enough, then they get that sweet, sweet commerce and trade that can only happen with humanity's many different cultures and products from being spread out all across fucking everywhere.

If they enjoy using coffee as toilet water or tea as urinal cleanser, then it's time for those inhumane and heartless bastards to eat a spoonful of hornets and crusades.

Do you even understand how retarded you'd have to be to treat anything even close to resembling HFY as anything other than a joke?

HFY is like this long, unfunny joke with no punchline and the people telling it don't realize it's suppose to be funny.

Someone get me some sfw lewds of Half-Breed Priscilla for this dude right here.

If they're chill and we can communicate meaningfully we should be able to just trade with them, share neat cultural stuff with each other, maybe intermarry, y'know normal different cultures being chummy stuff. Of course, our actual track record usually involves hatred and exploitation on one side or the other so I won't hold my breath for a purely positive relationship.

Hey guys, OP here. Just wanted to add that you may also include any token hostile race(s) and faction(s) who serve as the token bad guys for your hypothetical setting.

The sad thing is it WAS a joke and meme that embraced our flawed depictions in movies like Avatar. Over time the meme cannibalized a few speculative Space Opera fluff threads (that featured humans in non-standard roles) which had more and more unaware 40kids write unironic shit.

Depends on how subservient they'd be to humanity.

>"Its great our people finally get to have peace and friendly relations with all the trade, commerce and exchange of cultures. Come human, lets have some, 'Green Tea' as you call it."

You do know that the ACTUAL Crusades were against people slightly browner then them who had different ideas so if we don't Crusade cuz they are different I doubt there ideology will synch up so Crusade

I don't know If I can agree with him there, I mean yes there would absolutely still be infighting within each group, but I do believe they would come into conflict with each other. Let's just look at human history, just cause ethnic group a and ethnic group b live on oposite sides of the channel, or on different islands, or across a mountain range or two doesn't mean they don't hate and kill each other. To assume that the elves would just stay in their forest and the dwarves or trolls would just stay in their mountains is silly.

No, it started as a complaint built around not understanding humans and why authors prefer to treat humanity with some semblance of humanity instead of as some bizarre new race built around the worst kinds of masturbatory idealization. It was an unfunny joke back at that point, and then when people actually tried to make it funny by unabashedly fetishizing it, it just turned into something that not even the original people wanted but they had to applaud it anyway just because they wanted their mindless meme to persist in any shape it could.

"Private Jennings. This is Lieutenant Bergman, please stand down. What is this 'orders' to eliminate her?! That's the elven ambassador dammit! STAND. DOWN."

>knife-eared
Every time I see this, I wonder why spoon-eared people would somehow think that this is a great insult.

Dragon's Age is like a compilation of just awful ideas.

>Harharhar! This hooman fella is alright! Come 'ear hooman, we've got some elves in the cages who need a right good beatin'! We'll get ya a good beatin' stick and everything.
>...what do ya mean you don't want to beat an elf?

Yes user I'm aware, I'm educated. All I was trying to say is that we would be more inclined to go to war with the freaky ones than the relatively human ones. I'm not saying we wouldn't or couldnt, but I think it would take a bit more to bring us to that if they look human, whereas if it's a giant fucking crocodile man that will scare the shit out of people , and scared people can be quite violent.

I'd rather have spoon ears than knife ears.

I think Keebler jokes are underrated. "Shouldn't you be making cookies in a tree?"

Can we just post about love with the non humans?

The term is roundear for humans. It's probably the only good thing to come from DA, a double entendre alluding to the shape of their ears and their perfidious nature at the same time. If you can come up with a better slur be my guest.

>Sister of Battle telling me being friends with non-humans and or aliens is bad
Fuck off space nuns. Go back to your church and molest young boys while your at it.

You can accidentally come up with a hundred better slurs.

The whole "knives are untrustworthy" business is such a stretch, especially in a time when knives were carried by everyone and used by everyone daily, that calling someone "knife-ears" is practically a compliment. In fact, aside from knives being considered attractive in form to the point where they are considered art pieces, there's the far easier connection of knives being sharp and elves having "sharp" hearing.

It's like calling dwarves "rock fists" or "lion beards" or "earth shakers".

I prefer to call them by their most appropriate name: Slaves.

Ii, completely different user here. I understand where your coming from here user, knives are good things so why is knife ear a slur? i get the viewpoint. Thing is its less about knives being bad, and that being an easily identifiable physical feature. When people make a racial slur about another group its generally either about their culture or their appearance, whether or not it makes sense isn't really the focus, the point is that that is something you can point out and ridicule that only applies to them and not to you.

The interesting thing is that carrying a buckler was seen as more aggressive as it implied you were looking for trouble big enough for you to need more than your knife.

>Being friends

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=h-uNMPU6GtA

>You will never enslave all the gnomes

>setting with more than one little person race

Someone should've decided a long time ago halflings and gnomes would become a variety dwarf. We'd have less of the ankle biters taking up the roster and less complains about dwarves being too samey.

Humans are just the freakishly tall cousins of everyone else.

The problem is that it's a fantasy slur for a fantasy race. You've got a lot of room to maneuver if you feel like being clever with your slurs.

Basically, "knife-ears" is just the slur used by creatively bankrupt people falling in line with other creatively bankrupt people who happened to be part of a creatively bankrupt game.

Hell, even "cookie-bakers" is a better slur if you're reaching for a random one.

I think it's just kind of catchy, and that's probably why slurs catch on. They just roll off the tongue for one or two reasons. Either it's less than three syllables so you don't have to expend much effort saying it, the opposite of cumbersome PC words, or the three or more syllables have a good rythme going. The best I've come up with for elves wasn't too great. Elves are like fairies right? And fairies use glamour, deceptive and beautiful glamour. Elves may not necessarily use glamour but the superstitions and deception connotations are there. So what's underneath the glamour? Probably not good things. You could describe such glamoured beings as *tawdry*. You call them tawdries if you're talking about more than one. That's the best I came up with anyway but it feels meh.

Keep in mind not all slurs start out being offensive. Knife ear may have been sort of positive at one point and then the elves decided they didn't like or something. Like Paki, it's just Pakistani without the stani. How's that offensive? Well, it is now.

Somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I think these are the big variables:

1-Appearance: Let's face it, humans are prejudiced as shit. The weirder they look, the harder its going to be for humanity as a whole to befriend them.

2-Tech level: If humans are more advanced, it'll be easier to befriend them on Humanity's preferred terms. If the non-humans are more advanced, it's more likely we'll be hoping for them to befriend us.

3-Social compatibility: Humans are also intolerant pieces of shit. We squabble over stupid stuff like whether there is a God or gods, and if His/Her/Its name is Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah, El Elohim, GSM, etc. The stranger the non-humans' social structure, the harder it will likely be for Humans to befriend them.

Honestly, I'd try to befriend the non-humans with commerce and art. Show them that Humans are not scary, and make better friends than enemies..

I say we give our greetings with RKKVs.
It's the only way to be sure.

I think it's less catchy, and it's just that it falls into the lines of what a "dumb racist" would say. When idiots need something to sound like an insult, they just turn to their closest idiot and ask for instructions, and it just so happens that this one comes filtered down to them through a dumb video game.

I mean, it's the sort of thing where some people think calling a Polish person a "Polack" is insulting to them, and some will try to pass it among each other, without realizing that's just the Polish word for a Polish person, which is what Polish people call each other anyway. It's about as insulting as going up to a English person and saying "Hey, Englishman."

It's that kind of idiocy that makes you twice as dumb for repeating something stupid without understanding what you're even saying.

Going by this wouldn't knife ear be a great slur in that sense? It's kind of "realistic".

For real though, that's a pretty depressing perspective.

Because nothing beats usin' your fists for elf beatin', I mean the stick is great and all but damn ain't it great.

I'd have to disagree with you slightly on the tech level. So far (unless I missed it) nobody has addressed how humans exploit the shit out of whatever they can. Look at how big powers have treated smaller countries, hell look how we treat animals. If they have something we want, they need to be able to defend themselves against us otherwise it will be every story of human imperialism , and that doesn't make for positive relations.

>And so, humanity and orc-kind became great allies for years to come through their shared past time of beating up elves

Yeah. Watch yourself when near a knife-ear. One moment you're having a friendly conversation and next BAM! you're impaled on an ear.

I disagree. See, a "great" slur would be something like how the English would call the Irish "potlickers." It's certainly quite "realistic", but it also happens to be "great" because there is absolutely nothing more casually demeaning and heartless than to call someone coming from a country undergoing a potato famine a "potlicker." It immediately conveys their desperation for food and how you find their starvation amusing.

If you're hoping to use "realism" to excuse laziness and lack of creativity, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Insults go all across the spectrum in reality, and all knife-ear ends up being is a poor insult, or as you would put it, a realistically poor insult.

That's how they get you, you know. They say they're great listeners just to get close enough so they can stab you with those things.

>orcs
bring a thing with a good bit of meat on it, laugh, eat and don't be to afraid to banter with em, bring some big ass friends with you.

>Elves
Act curious and inquisitive, without being rude or so pushy. Depending on the setting it's easier to tell if their interested in you due to their ears.
>Dwarves
Same as orcs, less need for muscle though, but with more ale involved, of course the ale totting drunkard is a sterotype so best not joke about it. Nor joke about height. Beards are also important.
>halflings
If their not thieves, their your friends. if one invites you over prepare yourself, they have small bodies but their stomache takes up most of it.
>Gnomes
Good luck.

Am I the only one who likes "knife-ear"? It's simple, and implies that the only unique thing about elves are their ears, which must be heavily insulting to them.

These videos are pretty interesting if ET stuff interests you.

youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc
youtube.com/watch?v=1fQkVqno-uI

I'm a fan of knife ear. It just rolls of the tongue and is fun to say.

>and implies that the only unique thing about elves are their ears

Not really. That's just about a big of a stretch as the whole "knives are for untrustworthy people and your ears look like knives so you're untrustworthy" business.

It's really just a dumb phrase for dumb people, coming from a game that wanted a slur but couldn't come up with anything that was actually clever.

Is there any other kind of racial slur?

And I say that as someone who dun trust dem noggers, gooks or wetbuks. Racial slurs should be simple. The chink moon-rune based language decodes its insult of Westerners to "Ghost guy" and "Gringo" apparently comes from the word "Griego" meaning Greek. The insult being that the person "sounds greek to me" decoding into "He talks gibberish"

personally my favorite slur is the one Koreans use for Japanese 족팔, meaning pig-feet, which might seem odd, but is based of historic context. Does it make sense any more? not really, but we still all say it.

>that pic
Why is "sad and lonely" Guardsman with an eldar lover such a popular thing?

...Not that there's anything wrong, human-on-pointy-eared-nerd action is good.

Can I be happy with being in peace with elves so that I can fulfill fetish and has sharp eared wife?

>Hate elves
>Become IMMENSELY aroused by the thought of enslaving them and forcing them to serve me in a completely non-sexual way

Anyone else have this? Just imagining one in chains makes me painfully erect.

It would be weird if you didn't get one.

I'm stressing the non-sexual here. I'm talking about shit like ordering them to clean the dining room or having them whipped if they break something by accident.

Some fuck keeps asking for this.

Hope you find it. I know you like these stupid things.

Again It would be weird if you didn't. Might be because you are a bit of a sadist/dom.

>pointy-eared nerd

Get less obvious syntax, elfwank user.

Only with elves though.

>"out of my thread elf fucker! Reeee!!!!"
Who the fuck cares? This is what the thread is meant for anyways.
Is that LIVVI and Taldeer as Nate and Nora from Fallout 4?
Ditto that
Nope.avi - Would prefer the elves not hating us for this

I can't be the only orcfag here.

Not the user you were talking to, but I personally like the term. It's exactly what someone who's racist would say - it takes whatever physically differentiates the two peoples, turns it into a compound word, and gets endlessly repeated (much like how /pol/ uses the term 'shitskins'). The 'knife == untrustworthy' comparison seems solid enough to me, and random prejudiced peasants wouldn't be trying to think of a more clever term.

Off the topic of fictional insults specifically, I tend to be of the mind that you should show how terrible something is by doing it better. Go write a fantasy universe with more clever insults than DA's rather than complain about it on an anonymous Tamrielic etch-a-sketch distribution forum.

You're not alone. I need more of these pics in my life.

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2674916

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2674964

>the crusades happened solely because they looked and thought differently and had nothing at all to do with the ACTIONS undertaken in spreading those ideals.

That has to be one of the prettiest female orcs I've ever seen.

I want to like those, but I hate how wimpy that guy looks. He probably doesn't even curl.

SALAH AD-DIN WAS A GOOD BOY! DINDU NUFFIN!

Posting for that good looking Orc chick

Christ, good orc art is next to impossible to find, it's all ultra butch and hairy to the point of being /d/ material. Like, goddam it's possible to be Veeky Forums without being freakish.

>Liivi and Taldeer in Fallout 4

Yeah, some schmuck user is looking for that picture. I guess he isn't in this thread.

Seems like an average built dude, it's just that the orcs are roid tier. Reminder, the average man reaching the natty limit, meaning no gear at all, with low body fat looks really damn twiggy compared to roid monkeys.

Yey.

While there should oughta be more elves that are not depicted to be 100% pretty, frilly and baby-faced, there should be more Orcs who're the pretty ones.

The only elf art I like is when people make them look inhuman, kind of like pic-related. I feel like 99.9% of elf art is just average scantily clad woman with slightly pointy ears.

I don't know. I prefer them kind of inhuman but still pretty in their own way. Too often they just feel like green skinned barbarians instead of the monsters they're supposed to be. I wish I had saved or could find that series of pictures right now to reflect this sentiment (the orcs are grey skinned and red eyed) so have this instead.

I think Skyrim orcs are a good staple for what an attractive orcess is, at least in my opinion.

I actually remember being in that drawthread where Mimic drew that Sooo I guess Macha is the infamous whore of Sanctuary Hills then?

The old meme is that Macha is a permavirgin who will never get the hot mon-keigh dick.

>fuck your father fuck your father

No I'am reffering to the pic in which is a mix of Fallout 4 and LCB where LIVVI's Nate and Taldy is Nora.

I'd like to think Macha also lives in Sanctuary Hill (pre-war times) and is infamous for either being full chastity mode to be reserved for "Emps". Or is Sanctuary Hill's infamous neighborhood whore.

I wrote up some sci-fi fetishbait shit a while back. Humans befriended another alien species that was entirely hermaphroditic but still sexually compatible with them on a raw physical stimulation level. The aliens were also on average shorter than humans and a good deal more intelligent if not outright more machine-like in their thinking by comparison, and they produced poisonous compounds in their muscle tissue. The alien didn't have any distinct male or female gendering but the society was stratified between two explicit phenotypes that emerged after the pupae stage; we'll call that type A and type B.

Type A aliens were slightly orange in tone, born 99% of the time from any conception, stood about 5 foot tall, and lived an average of 45 years. Type B aliens were a little shorter, bluish in tone, born 1% of the time, and live around 700 or more years. The massive difference in longevity led to a population overall about 85% orange and 15% blues, creating a de facto sort of counsel of elders to provide stable perspective through the generations while the quicker-dying type was more apt to embrace changes.

Humans adopted the alien species as sort of pets or slaves, effectively owning them. The aliens adopted humans as masters seeing them as protectors and providers, much like pets or slaves. And individuals of the two species fuck each other pretty typically.
They can't crossbreed though.

So humans are taking the free sex and aliens are taking the free lunch. Human females were not left out of the benefits of this relationship.
Both are also very competent military powers, and any external force that sees fit to make war on either can expect the full force of both to rain down on them hard.
There has been infighting between these aliens and the humans especially in earlier history, and modern the flippant sexual interaction partially evolved out of old war crimes involving rape, on an endemic level.

The damned things just looked so cute. Ayy

I dont get it

I found the British.

Or carnivores "bloodmouth".

>not hitting elves with your flat hand
>on the butt

>semper fel
It's Semper Fidelis. Or Semper Fi.

Is it a story or written down in detail somewhere? I'd read some smut of that.

Huh, numerous pics I have for shitposting purposes and I have no idea which to use.

>Young boys
You know it's a convent, right? It's not /ss/ happening there, it's /ll/.

Both of these are shit by the way.

All of them.

Although I privately feel the artist fucked up, the excuse is that that's actually "Semper Felix." Which would be a pretty dumb thing to tattoo on yourself in my opinion, but it makes more sense than for a traitor to have "forever loyal"

Elves are only good for stress relief and torture.

Semper Felix? Forever a believer?

Just a yellow notepad with short details. I was doing thought exercises with aliens trying to figure out what kind of alien humans would fuck in order to try and better understand what kind of robot we'd fuck in the real world when the time comes here in the nearer future.

Sorry.

Here's more of the folder.

Seriously this.
The biggest insult in the English language right now is a slightly corrupted version of the Latin word for black.

There's a popular one include a reference to traditional head wear (towel head). Many are just called shortened versions of their ethnicity's name!

There might be a couple that are slightly more in depth, like wet back, which makes specific reference to the idea that somebody's an illegal immigrant.

Honestly, a clever racial insult would be almost paradoxical.

Sure thing, britbong.

Not if scenarios and social dynamics help you fap desu. It's basically what it'd have been like if you got lucky in your prepubescent days.