Force of Will

Does anyone still play this at all? Is it even popular in your area/still have tournaments held for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

lalalalack.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck is this

couple of places where I live host tourneys and my city is also one that hosts a Grand Prix

In my LGS, many people started to play it when Magic decks were expensive (Khans Stardard). Then after rotation, most players stopped playing it and came back to Magic when Shadows over Innistrad came.

I want to fuck Piruruk.

My local shop has tournaments for FoW every thursday. Never played it, though.

>What the fuck is this
It's a resonator.

Wrong card game m8

That ass is too big.

Why do people insist on posting images of terrible fanservice promo cards instead of some of the actually decent art whenever a thread comes up? You realize that just further alienates people who might otherwise be interested in a good and mechanically fun game, right? Seriously, all that crap does is prevent people from taking the game seriously. Same reason I can't stand what The Spoils did to their resource cards in the second block.

Also, why is there threads asking if "anybody still plays this" so often? It's like people keep expecting it to be dead for some reason. I mean, AGP Pittsburgh was this past weekend, and had over 200 people in attendance. Hell, last time the numbers were released it was the fourth highest selling/most popular TCG in the US, right behind the big three (Magic, Yugioh, Pokemon).

But I digress. It's been touch-and-go at my LGS for a while, but we've had a solid showing and enough to fire tournaments once or twice a week for the last few weeks, so that's a good sign.

>terrible fanservice promo
>that ass
Homo detected

I play it once in a while with my students. It's fun but the LGS is so overwhelmingly MtG that I doubt tourneys woukd ever fire. Like a lot of people, some of the art and God awful flavor text that pop up in these threads made me NOT want to play it. But after gettin in a few games I actually enjoy it a lot. It's like a faster paced MtG.

I don't see anything wrong with Zero's ass.

>That ass is too big.
No such thing.

>dat ass
Allahu Akbar

it's not that it's terrible fanservice, its that fanservice is terrible. unless that was the joke

It's a promo card, I'm not seeing the problem with it since it's not her normal one.

As unbelievable as it is, FoW is actually more popular than magic here. I'd have to go about 5 miles in any direction for a decent magic tourney, FoW has tourneys every week with 16 players

One of my friends got hooked on it on ECC, so I play with him occasionally it looks fun but the only shop that carries it near here is a good distance away.
I like the mana system for it the most.

There's nothing inherently "wrong" with it, but people see that and they assume it's just like Weiss or Buddyfight or Vanguard, some terribly designed game surviving solely on the strength of it's weeb fanbase. Like said, he initially was dissuaded from trying the game based on the obnoxious faneservice art and cringeworthy flavortext he saw on the cards people chose to post here.

>I like the mana system for it the most.

That's what ended up drawing me in initally, but I've really started liking the game as a whole. The last four or so months playing it has been pretty fun, but still wishing there was more scenes around my area with it without having to drive north for nearly three hours.

Not quite that bad for me, it's still 15 miles away and on the other end of Seattle.

I'm in Florida, but I have friends out in Seattle/Tacoma. The game seeing much traction in the Pacific Northwest?

We've got a small, but growing number of players for it.
I like a lot better than magic so far, just built a deck with this guy and I'm having a blast with it.

Only shop I know of is in Ballard, none of my local shops carry it unfortunately, no idea what their scene is like either, I just play with my buddy that bought into it heavily.

The scene for this in Ohio is horribly inconsistent.

Then again, Ohio is horribly inconsistent anyways.

>Zero, the Flashing Mage-Warrior
Hard to see how she could flash anybody, outfit like that
badumtish

>tfw kind of interested in FoW
>tfw hanging out with shop owner the other day and he specifically calls out FoW for something he wouldn't want to sell because of the art, or something like that
Oh well.
you and I can be best state buddies together

>you and I can be best state buddies together

It can only end well.

is this real and were do i get it

Got an event in a few hours. Threw together Grixis Dark Alice. Any thoughts?

Resos:
3x Zero, Flashing Magus of Null
2x Lucifer
2x Lilith
2x Hera
1x Mephistopheles

Spells:
3x Space-Time Anomaly
3x Thunder
3x Demonflame
2x Stoning to Death
3x Soulhunt
3x Flame of Outer World
4x Scorn of Dark Alice
1x Glimpse of Kaguya

Additions:
3x Barrier of Shadows
1x Necronomicon

Regalia:
2x Schrodinger
2x Marybell

Stones:
4x Moon Shade
1x Little Red
2x Hearth's Core
2x Scorched Bales

Deck folds to red deck wins, but considering our latest top 16 list at Pittsburgh, that isn't the worst sacrifice. Considering slipping in some Prison in the Lunar Lakes to blow out World decks, too. Counters Broli and nukes him on the spot.

Thoughts?

What is that deck's purpose?

>Flashing Mage warrior
>is actually flashing her sweet ass.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, it's real and it's a promo card for the new set 'Battle for Attoractia", so it's from events that'll be ran when it comes out.

Grindy removal control. Flip Alice, stick her emblem on your opponent, then just grind them out until you can stick a threat and whittle them down. Does its best vs. the current meta decks. Side into Vlad vs. other grindy decks.

What other decks are you running?

>he wouldn't want to sell because of the art, or something like that
Most of it is fine though.

I wouldn't be caught dead playing this weaboo shit.

He seemed turned off by the fanservice, I think. That or the weaboo-ishness, I forget which. Possibly both.

I dunno, man. Maybe he just didn't want whoever plays FoW frequenting his store? I'm sure as hell not about to ask him again, I'm afraid of confrontation and I don't care all that much anyway.

I really think Seer of the Blue Moon is better equipped for that kind of a deck. Playing facedowns for a measly 1 will is incredibly broken with Stealth resonators, especially with Executioners running around. On the play, turn 1 facedown executioner totally destroys your opponent's momentum and gameplan. Means no Elvish Priest into Wall of Wind on your turn, no Adombroli incarnation into Gwiber turn 2. I've been running a U/B Seer control list I brewed up the last few weeks and have done really well with it.

Also, if you have the space PRison in the Lunar Lake is an insane card. It hits more targets then you probably think of off the bat. Lancelot for example, even if his ATK isn't at 1000, the ability still goes on the chase to check and he can be popped by it then.

Oh get off your high horse. I'm sure whatever you DO play, there are hordes of people who "wouldn't be caught dead" playing it.

>He seemed turned off by the fanservice
THere's really no visible fanservice on any of the packs nor starter decks. If it's the "weeb factor", then I doubt they'd even have things like Yugioh or Vanguard at that point.

Well, he doesn't have Yugioh. Stopped carrying it when it didn't sell and little kids kept stealing it. I don't know about Vanguard.

I feel like I should mention that it's a fine FLGS, and the owners are bros, it's just that at least one of them has something against FoW.

I'm guessing your shop is a MTG only place basically?

Nah, they also have a lot of board games and TRPGs with space to play 'em. They do sell a lot of MtG stuff, but in terms of card games they also have Game of Thrones and Netrunner and other stuff I haven't heard of. Lots of deckbuilders and LCGs.

Wait, so they literally make promos featuring alternate fanservice art of females? That's hilarious.

Not just them, but men and also creatures also have them. It's mainly just a Summer promotion bit, so one of the male Knights of the Round has one with him in swimming trunks and a surfboard. Those are the only two I know of so far for the BoA set.

Yeah me and my friends play casually fairly regularly. The local card shops do FoW nights each week as well for casual and serious players.

I really enjoy it but will never bother with the competitive scene. Fuck that. I just wanna play and have fun.

I'm a cosplayer and I saw Kaguya's design in a local con. I started playing it and I got hooked on, it is pretty good once you get past the fanservice (even though is not that big of a deal).

I play mostly gw because of Kaguya and some monogreen because I got lucky and got an uber yggdrassil. Theres a handful of people playing in california and the community is growing slowly but steadily. Yeah, I can see this game getting bigger and bigger, the game is not dead but the big three throw a big shadow over it, thats just it.

Ok, it's less hilarious if they do it with all the creatures and not just the female ones. Still a neat promotion just more cool and less funny than before.

>Yeah, I can see this game getting bigger and bigger

It is growing slowly in the U.S., but it seems to have stalled quite a bit in Japan.

>who's fault
>Appeared with the lightning

Does this game have as many translation issues as the cards ITT seem to suggest?

It did quite a bit at the start, it's got better over time. But this translation works since the card is referring to basically THE lightning and such.

Not really but also kind of- the flavor text is really hit or miss and it usually misses imo.

>But this translation works since the card is referring to basically THE lightning and such.
No, it actually doesn't. I didn't include the error properly before, though.
>Appeared with the lightning, her only purpose is to defeat the enemy to preserve peace in the world.
The subject of the sentence is "her only purpose," not "her," so "Appeared with the lightning" doesn't have a proper subject to go to (unless her purpose is what appeared with the lightning? That seems odd, though). This would be a "dangling participial phrase."

>She appeared with the lightning, her only purpose to defeat the enemy to preserve peace in the world.
This phrasing is still awkward, what with the double infinitives, but grammatically I think this version is correct.

The game needs a lot of errata fixing.

Can I get a source on this card's art?

user, that ass is terrible. it's deviantart-tier shit only saved by decent coloring. There's no gravity, no attempt at an actual anatomy. It's artist drawing two bubbles and thinking to himself "aw ye, this is good".

Read the thread?

I suppose I should have said "can I get the card's art", couldn't find it on lalalalack.tumblr.com/

It's because it won't be out till June when the BoA set comes out. It's a promo card that releases along with that.

Ok, figured as much.

I think you need to calm down a bit.

No. That art is literally tumblr OC - tier.
I like FoW, but that art is terrible.

Calm down.

>tfw thinking about building a Kaguya 3.0 midrange
>looks fun
>key cards the deck uses look abysmal
Look at this shit. The card itself is phenomenal in a 3.0 deck but that art is disgusting.

The biggest problem I have is how some of the art has changed for some cards in this.

that too. Most of FoW art is fine, but some terrible art really stands out.

It's actually a problem with most CCG - until they bring enough money, all art is done by interns and art school dropouts. FoW is mercifully spared from truly terrible shit like pic related.

>"I sense something...a presence..hehe I've always wanted to say that."
Jesus Christ.
>berserker Lancelot, now with tits
we Nasuverse now

We always were Nasuverse.
There is no escape.

>Lancelot on the right
>Clearly a grill given the tiddies
>The power of the demon sword changed him into a cruel knight
>him

women can be very cruel, you know

Left was in Vingolf, so they wanted to reprint the card for newer sets and such. Also, I suppose you could blame the sword for the swapped genders as well.

Meant to say the Melgis & Faria set, but yeah.

I am new and want to build an angel beats deck, where do i go to learn how to do so?

I collect the cards and masturbate to them. Is that considered "playing"?

Really just looking through all the Race: Angel cards on a website that either sells them or a wiki and such. You can always try and search for prebuilt decks, but it is always going to be more fun to build the deck yourself and such. Just try and read through the rules to try and get a better idea of how things flow, then look through each Angel card to see if you can make a deck behind an idea for them and such

Depends if you cum on them or not.

all the guys I know who played it are off it now

kek FoW just accidentally released text for all of the newest rulers.

Link and/or source?

So their official youtube page uploaded a video with them spinning around in the background. You can go look that up or wait a few minutes for someone from the discord server to post it on the subreddit.

I've heard that people play this around where I live, but I'm honestly not interested in paying that much money for a poor mixup of Magic and Yugioh, with the only benefit being no mana screw.

Heck, i don't even play Magic anymore.

So it's mainly just the same rulers we've had plus some new abilities on them?

Check /r/fowtcg, the full list is there now. But yes its old rulers with new effects, and if you by chance didn't know, their front side are all the same.

>Pricia gets mindjacked by the titty monster
Fuck everything. Pricia did nothing wrong.

Pricia can never catch a break.

There was a new Pricia card in that video and it is pretty strong.

But that's not Pricia.

This image might be too small, but that is clearly Pricia in the back right.

Here is the text:
(Front side)
G1
Shift (UU1)
When this card enters your field, this card and target J/Resonator your opponent controls deal damage equal to their ATK to each other.
1: This card gains [+100/+100] until end of turn.
400/500
(Back side)
UU1
When this card is put into a graveyard from your field, gain control of target resonator.
500/500

back left*

Pricia got mindjacked, so it's not her.

Read her flavor text.
>This body isn't comfortable at all. But that's OK. You're next, Alice.
On top of that her needing Blue to shift. It's obvious that Valentina is brainwashing her.

ah, ok.

So, we post dicks?

>tfw ordered shit on the 15th
>still not here
Thanks tcgplayer.

Fucking this!
I ordered 4 cards for my sideboard on the 11th I get an email it was shipped on the 11th and it's still not here.
I know it's not their fault because all they did was fulfill it, but I'm not sure if I should order from sellers on their site anymore

Which company did you order from?

15th here. Mine was from "Cards and Beyond".

Ordered from Storm Surge Games on the 11th

I've really just stuck with Altas, RunofthemillGames, and Legendaryish TCG and it's worked out pretty well. Run of the Mill put the wrong Yggdrasil card in my order the other day, but they're shipping them out to me for no charge, so that's nice.

Contact them now. If you get no response by the end of the day tomorrow, contact TCG Players staff and such. If something says 6-8 days and you don't get it, complain to them and to the site itself.