Exalted General - /exg/

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Often updated/refined Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill (autofilled with love)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

All Glory to the Yozitochton Edition

>SEVENTH MACHINE OF DESTRUCTION
>Destructive Soul of Yozitochton
>Essence 9
>Seventh Machine of Destruction appears as a mechanical young girl not older than 21, with (literally) flaming red hair that glows increasingly red as she uses essence. Three glowing orbs are disposed on her left bread and on her hands. Very knowledgeable scholar of first age will recognize that as three Protoshinmaic Vortexes, artifacts of tremendous power.
>She is surprisingly amendable for a soul of Yozitochton, and indeed, possess a seemingly boundless energy that is only topped by her apparent friendliness to everyone. This friendliness is beyond all boundaries ordered by Cecelyne, and albeit genuine, she frequently forgets all about her 'friends' once outside her visual range. Seventh Machine of Destruction lives in the now, and as no thought for what tomorrow will bring.
>Beyond her apparent friendliness, Seventh Machine of Destruction is the single most powerful soul of Yozitochton. She has been summoned to destroy entire cities in the past, which she did with almost no effort. No one knows the limit of the destruction she can bring, and in the First Age, summoning her was a very serious offence.

>Summoned, Seventh Machine of Destruction frequently appears as an energetic, friendly, normal human girl, so much that some summoner forgets her true nature.

>Seventh Machine of Destruction can enter into Creation in the wake of a mortal that just exalted, destroying at least a small town in the process.

The Exalted tutorial isn't working. It says the account is suspended.

Fuck forgot to mention that.
Yeah been a thing since between last and previous threads, I think.

I never knew I needed this in my life before now.

We just need a complete soul hierarchy.

CALCULATED MAID OF SAPIENCE
Cynical soul of SEVENTH MACHINE OF DESTRUCTION
Essence 6
Not unlike her patron, Calculated Maid of Sapience appears at first glance to be a woman of indeterminate age clothed in strict black garments. This isn't a coincidence, as the souls of Seventh Machine of Destruction tend to be the more human-like of the hierarchy descended from Yozitochton.

In personality, however, nothing would be more different. Indeed, Calculated Maid of Sapience is composed at all time, even in the wake of destruction. Her cynical sense of humour and gloom outlook on the world makes a starching contrast with her patron, and though by far the less dangerous second circle demon descended from Yozitochton, she also has the habit of not helping (or doing anything at all) unless specifically ordered to.

For many sorcerers, summoning Calculated Maid of Sapience is an exercise of frustration. Fortunately, she is also the perfect maid and caretaker of a manse, able to quickly and efficiently train an army of servants in all tasks imaginable. Her non-dangerous and useful nature made her a very popular summoning in the First Age, a practice that continues to this days for the few celestial sorcerers that owns a palace big enough to see her needed.

Calculated Maid of Sapience can enter Creation when a young girl suddenly finds she is a musical genius. She rarely does so, though, unless she needs something.

More lf all of my yes

Well, now I'm launched. This one is Phyrexia inspired.

THE GREAT DEVOURER
Fetish soul of Yozitochton
Essence 9
The Great Devourer presents itself as a bubbling sea of black tar without limit. Everything, be it mechanical or biological, that has the misfortune to be is immersed in it soon grow out of control, soon discovering itself a cancerous creature made of sharp metal and horrible flesh, adapted, alive. Few things can resist the transformation - none with their sanity intact. This is the blessing and the curse of the Great Devourer. Mad mortals and sorcerers sometimes seek it to improve themselves, and it is indeed a way to gain powers, though abominable.

In the rare occasion the demon needs to have a human face, a corpse emerges from the black tar, of porcelain skin and black, slick body. His voice is deep and surprisingly intelligent, and the demon shows sign of unbounded patience.

As with most third circle demon, summoning it was a great taboo in the First Age, but this one was considered most vile and abhorrent, even by Solar standard. The only recorded instance of a summon finished with all the marine life of a small sea being transformed into mechanical creatures and the murder of an entire nation.

The Great Devourer can enter Creation when a man survive a disease (not an injury, but a disease) that should have killed him by grafting a mechanical augmentation to this body. In the First Age, proper cares were taken to cure all the diseases of a patient before grafting anything in him. Mechanical augmentations are rarer in the Second Age, which is good, because this is all but forgotten lore.

Last one I'll do. Don't want to mess with the normal operation of /exg/.

QUESTER IN CHAIN
Willing soul of THE GREAT DEVOURER
Essence 4
Like all second souls descended from The Great Devourer, the Quester In Chain is of porcelain skin and biomechanical augmentations. The Quester is mostly humanoid, though, and can reasonably pass as a human except under strict scrutiny.

For thousand of years, the Quester has searched through the Demon City for... something. Nobody save maybe his patron knows of what exactly he seeks, but his determination is legendary amongst the demon. The Quester never stops. He never gives up. Even thoroughly dismembered, he still crawls forward. Tale of supposed prowess (like crawling through the Silent Wind, alone), real or invented, are the delight of Malfeas citizen.

Only a summon can force the Quester In Chain to abandon his quest, and only for a time. In the first age, he was frequently used as an assassin or spy, as he shows the same determination to succeed at the task given to him as his quest.

The Quester can enter Creation when a genetically 'pure' child is born of two impure parents: a good example would be a breeding 5 terrestrial exalted born of two breeding 1 terrestrial exalted. Left alone in creation, he seeks and searches for his unknown quest.

yesssssssssssss

>Fetich Soul

Didn't Autochthon fuse with his? Also, Fetich Souls are all E10.

Autobot vivisected his Fetich and put his own mind into it in order to more fully understand smaller-scale beings.

Soon after, he locked himself into a coma.

>Autobot vivisected his Fetich and put his own mind into it in order to more fully understand smaller-scale beings.

>Soon after, he locked himself into a coma.

I really love just how fucked up all the Primordials are.

The idea is that Yozitochton never vivisected his Fetich because he was transformed into a Yozi. I see his original Fetich as killed in the primordial war and the robocancer taking over. The Great Devourer is basically robocancer as the defining soul of Yozitochton. That's why he is so fucked up.

Of course it is entirely speculative.

Autobot was more fucked up than the rest. Sick, dying, aeons of bullying at the hands of his siblings, survivor's guilt over the Primordial War... dude wanted to be buddies with the little guys instead.

Oh, I see. Fetich Souls are still all E10, though. It's one of the things that define them. No other 3CD can go above E9.

That's not a hard rule; in fact at that level most everything is an academic exercise.

Speaking of academic exercises; I imagine a Yozi autocthon would be a hideous proposition for the other Yozis. Even sicker and more twisted than before, but locked inside Malfeas' flesh with them. The likelihood of the robocancer spreading is much, much higher.

Malfeas would probably lock him off in a cyst-like layer to keep safe. Or perhaps the victorious Exalted would realize that putting them together would be a death sentence and thus trap Yozicthon in his own area, kind of like Qaf is. Making more Neverborn is a bad thing.

Didn't know about the E10 rule. There is no reason why the Great Devourer could not be E10.

>Speaking of academic exercises; I imagine a Yozi autocthon would be a hideous proposition for the other Yozis. Even sicker and more twisted than before, but locked inside Malfeas' flesh with them. The likelihood of the robocancer spreading is much, much higher.
>Malfeas would probably lock him off in a cyst-like layer to keep safe. Or perhaps the victorious Exalted would realize that putting them together would be a death sentence and thus trap Yozicthon in his own area, kind of like Qaf is. Making more Neverborn is a bad thing.

I agree with both proposition, though I would be sad if trapping Yozitochton would mean no outside soul hierarchy. Yozitochton in a comatose state and unable to project souls, like sleeping Sacheverell, is no fun.

I'm sure Sacheverell has souls; he's just asleep because he doesn't want to face reality and nobody else wants him to impose his own view on everything.

Yozis only don't have souls if they're dead/reforming after fetich death. So feel free to have Yozicthon's souls running around trying to free their overself or spread cancer or whatever.

It could be a side-quest for Infernals to track down a second-circle of Yozicthon who's been spreading disease and kill him.

Can we have some art? It's been 3 threads without a picture dump, I'm starving peeps.

Okay. I have only smut tho. Here's two dbs doing sexy things together. I took the liberty to censor the bit the Christian moral reproves in this Christian board with the help of a Christian icon.

How many Cataphracts does a Fae Court have, roughly? Are they like one or two-offs, or can a court have like a dozen or two?

Wasn't "Autochthon as entirely defined by his robocancer" his Neverborn version? The Engine of Extinction?

It seems kind of boring to go the same route for his Yozi version.

Depends on the Fae Court, but a decent one will have at least a dozen or two.

One or two Fae is not a court, it's only one or two Fae. They can be playing kings and queens and call themselves the Court of Overly Long Names, but they are still only two Fae (with a large number of goblins too, maybe, but goblins are weak as defecations).

A Fae Court is an important gathering of multiple Faes who have decided to partake into the same 'game' together. Half a dozen is the absolute minimum to have a court, and several dozens of them is the average. Hundred Faes are found in the biggest courts.

However many fits your conception of any given court, though I think that what says is a good general rule.

I mostly just wasn't sure where on the mook scale a Cataphract stands, thanks.

Well, they aren't really mooks, more like lieutenants and elites. They should very rarely be encountered in battlegroups, I'd say.

A Cataphract is a true Fae that specializes into kicking ass. Unless you are way beyond Fae powerlevel, they should be roughly equivalent as a DB in power and importance.

You rarely find an army of DBs in your doorstop, though in some case a small squad will show up. Same thing with Cataphracts. They can be the commanders of a Fae detachment or sent in small squads (4-5) to kick your ass in Wyld's name.

If you fight a large number of Cataphracts, then you are either in deep shit or piloting a magitek mecha while sending magitek nukes into oblivion, upon which nobody cares about individual Fae anymore.

I'm trying to decide whether I should invest in Melee or Single Point Shining Into the Void. I feel like both work for the concept I'll be going for, but I'm unsure as to which one is better for combat use. Any advice?

Is this the new 'stat character from Fate/Stay Night'?

Neither's better, they do different things. Pick the one you like. If you can't decide, pick Melee because it's easier.

>stat character from Fate/Stay Night
Naw man, just wondering which one is more effective, since they both serve the same end.

F/SN is shit.

>Making more Neverborn is a bad thing.
...is a thing that basically no exalt in the history of the setting has ever learned, because basically no exalt in the history of the setting has ever learned the true nature of the Neverborn. Even the Abyssals are kept in the dark by the Deathlords, who in turn (as I understand it) understand the Neverborn with much superstition and mystique rather than the clinical reading that out-of-character players can be afforded.

Understanding the deeper natures of the Neverborn and the Yozi is one of those things that players - with their objective omniscient reading of the fluff - take for granted that basically nobody, including the power players, actually knows in-universe.

So, no, based on all historical evidence, those veterans probably wouldn't have shown the foresight to contain the cancer. It'd probably have been up to Ligier and the other crafter-type souls to do that.

Melee is more defensive and it compliments a "fight of atticion" style that takes a lot of time. It's safe and pragmatic, it's all about minimizing your weaknesses and becoming unkillable.

Single Pint is a high-risk high-reward style that can make you win the fight in the first round of combat, but it's very risky. It lacks good defenses and loses hard versus larger group of oponents. On top of that you need Intiative boosters (and sometimes quite a lot of luck) on top of it for it work at all.

When it DOES work however, you will feel like a boss.

>Yozis only don't have souls if they're dead
There's a lot of implication that certain Underworldly mega-terrors are the undead souls of the formerly-Primordial Neverborn.

Got a source on that picture?

Still no infos on Yennin? I want my sword and fantasy barbarian dammit.

Are you a Dawn? Take Single Point if you can't take Supernal Melee. Take Supernal Melee if you're a Dawn.

Martial Arts are for people who want a combat style to invest fake XP into. They let an Eclipse spend Solar XP on combat charms instead of spending the XP he wants to spend on his real charms.

Melee kicks Single Point's ass when it comes to versatility and defenses. Single Point is just slightly more overkill when it comes to offense, is all.

Of course, user! Why are you asking though?

Here some more Christian smut for all the Christian minded individuals.

I have an academic interest in Exalted smut.

I want to study it at length.

Not that guy but
Bunch of weird furry shit later though.

The First-Age exalts knew it because they saw it happen. Later exalts knew it because Autobot told them. Later exalts knew it because the Black Nadir Concordant went down and tortured info out of them.

Half the reason the Yozis were locked up rather than executed is because the winning side realized more Neverborn was a bad idea.

They didn't even know that the Neverborn were a true and proper thing until the Black Nadir Concordant went down and cracked open their crypts to see what was inside. Until then, it was a huge mystery, with the Underworld being called out as being astoundingly un-explored and poorly understood, especially as far as First Age understandings are concerned.

And even then folks didn't know what the fuck to make of all of that.

The reason why the Yozi were spared was because they were shown mercy. In exchange for not tearing up any more of reality by continuing the war, they were allowed to surrender and continue to live.

It had nothing to do with the veterans having even the slightest understanding of the Neverborn and, instead, everything to do with putting an overdue end to a war that consumed a not-insignificant percent of reality itself.

I appreciate it, but man, that's still not a source on those other pictures, and I can't read the artist's signature in the first one.

Didn't know about that. Saved some rare exalted. Will dump my rare exalted in return.

Any preferences I can try to fulfill user?

Well, that's a good start. Dragon Blooded and Dynasts are always apreciated. Throw as much weabo pseud-japanese wuxia stuff you have.

Alright

Dynasty Warriors art fits rather well for exalted.

I know a guy who used a Lu Mong pic for a Night ninja.

Guys what's better as a defense for Single Point- Dodge, Melee or Brawl?

Melee or Dodge, depending on whether you want to do better vs. multiples (Melee) or completely breaking one dude's will to live (Dodge).

Yeah, theres a reason why it's a direct reference for Exalted.

thats DNF

I mean I'll already by breaking their will to live with a combination of Brawl and Single Point, I'm just taking Melee to refresh Supremacy of War, since Peony Blossom is the easiest way to go swallow your Anima. Melee it is then.

If you're already investing in Single Point?

Dodge.

You can't stack Melee and Single Point charms up on the same attack, so it'd be redundant as all hell to take both of those.

Yep. I play DFO. Or used to. Haven't played lately. It's been brought back to life if you don't know, under Neople.

>massive empire
>charisma everywhere
>fanatically devoted to extremely powerful entity that glows
>glows herself
>rapist
>lunatic
Is Disco MILF good inspiration for a Zenith?
Am I cancer?

Yeah, but I've been playing kdnf for so long going back to old stuff is murder. They have been updating quite quickly though so I might hop over.

Yes.

>Yes.
Good, I'll fit right in.

Should we make an imgur album for Exalted character art?

If you want. I dump shit every now and then in threads, guess it's been a while since I've done so since someone asked for an art dump.

She's basically that setting's version of a Solar Akuma, yes.

Satsuki is also a Solar. The Four Devas/Elite Four/whatever are her Terrestrial Retinue. Ryuko is a rogue Infernal. Nui is a Sidereal. Tsumugu and Aikuro are Heroic Mortals.

What would Hideo Kojima, Chosen of Secrets be like?

Any samurai-themed Lunar waifus?

Is Mako also a Heroic Mortal?

He'd have the most awesome Warstrider in Creation, for one.

No. Just a regular mortal.

Either that or she's Ryuko's Lunar Mate.

Mako is an Adamant Alchemical, no one questions this.

Aikuro is a sidereal, cmon.

>GoddessOfImpracticalArmor
It's a trap.

Also possible. Tsumugu is definitely a Heroic Mortal, though. All of his tactics line up.

Also, have a bonus pic from aco