pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCV0pHjtxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're all acting like children.

I've been looking a while now, is there any way to turn spiritual stuff into tech the way that Fate/Extra perk turns magic into tech?

So what did y'all do in God of War? I don't think any jumper, for all their faults, is a fan of the Olympians but is givine an opportunity for Athena's green ghost to take over after Olympus falls really such a good idea?

I took the drawback that keeps Kratos from going full edgelord, and had an excellent time fighting the monsters of Greek mythology.

Can I in any fate jump take Zelretch as companion without using pod ? I would love to learn from him 2nd Magic and I don't think that 10 years will be enough to learn it. If learning outside fate jump True magic is impossible how I can learn it in 10 years ? Would being demigod of Odin help ?

What do you guys think is the biggest/best star ship that is available to buy in a jump?

I don't mean things that you could just take from a jump, like Mars in Invader Zim, but actual jump purchases.

LoT you get it for free in Light of Terra jump thats 36 km long spaceship import to Commander and then you have 108 km long space ship.

In order-
No, become his apprentice somehow then put in shittons of effort and a buttload of perks to supplement it, no idea what Odin has to do with things.

Well, the LoT is pretty damn big, but not really a purchase, through the upgrades are.

Green Lantern's Shard is pretty big, but the 'best' really depends on how you define it. For speed probably either a Futurama ship or the Interceptor from GL again, Martian Bioship from YJ for shapeshifty stuff, and so on.

I like the Shadow Battlecrab from Babylon 5 a lot personally, less cumberson than some stanky huge 40K ship. Sins of a Solar Empire has a veritable cavalcade of ships to choose from too.

Percy Jackson, someone's a fan of Odin's association with magic

What does Kratos do if he doesn't go full edgelord anyway?

What else is notable about Futurama ships apart apparently being the fastest thing in the entire chain? I've never heard anyone talk about any notable capabilities they have other than speed.

Well, they once fitted the planet express ship with a tractor beam capable of casually moving and towing suns.

Well, they run either on Dark Matter... or Whale Oil, and move the universe around them instead of themselves through space.

Not sure what else to say about notable aspects.

Well, was a good example of what I was wondering about. Goddamn, dark matter is some serious mojo, no wonder Blame! is such a dangerous setting.

How does the Moon Cell work? Why is it capable of generating digital Arcuieds/Shikis buff enough to rip their way out of it, or a demon strong enough to threaten the planet? I tried to understand it through the wiki and I'm just even more confused.

Dark Matter stops being useful for anything after the destruction of the dodecahedron of power. So stock up on whale oil.

>the dodecahedron of power

What? Why? Does that mean it doesn't work after the jump with no dodecahedron or what?

>What does Kratos do if he doesn't go full edgelord anyway?
Takes over for Ares, mostly, while the rest of the gods mostly just keep doing their own jobs.

Apparently there's some kind of plot asspull corruption that causes the gods to turn towards full on petty dickery themselves, which causes Kratos to escalate. It doesn't really end well for anyone.
If you opt out of that, everyone presumably just gets up to normal westernized Greek Gods levels of dickery instead. Which is still kindof dickish. But not nearly as much as their real life or canon counterparts. Kratos can handle that kind of dickery. Especially when it's not aimed at him. He's a big boy.

It's a giant computer that can warp reality. We sorta know what it's made of, tonnes of crystals inside the moon, but no clue on how it warps reality. Presumably it uses technology in some fashion. Maybe. It's Nasu.

Arcueid wasn't generated, apparently she's the real deal that was somehow brought into the Moon Cell. No idea on Shiki, can barely even remember what she did in Extra aside from being a bonus boss. The demon was just using the Moon Cell's power, which is already at least planetary reality warping level.

Yeah, that's the usual reaction to the wiki.

>Kratos is a big boy
I dunno man, he seems like a manchild throwing a tantrum to me.

I know about the asspull corruption pandora's box, I just find it hard to imagine Kratos playing along with it unless he was that jaded with everything after killing Ares

Maybe? The Professor basically changed the very nature of dark matter a while back and made it useful, during the course of the story it gets changed back to it's prior uselessness.

Hence whale oil.

I was under the impression from the wiki it was the crystals that did the reality warping, which made no sense because beyond all the flowery language it boiled down to "the crystals can refract light very, very well"

So it put the GENUINE Arcuied and Shiki in the Matrix and Arcuied was somehow able to use her moon powers despite not being anywhere near her original Gaia OKAY NO, I give up then.

Kratos isn't a manchild really, he's more like the hard drinking blue collar washout who's completely disillusioned with how his career went and is going on a shooting spree in his workplace, who occasionally fucks hookers for stress relief. He just wants it all to end by the third game.

Really? I'd always thought that it was the crystals that acted as some sort of hardware for the computer and stored information. I mean, it makes zero sense either way as it's missing some pretty important parts from what we're told for it to work as a computer but eh.

Well, someone else took Arceuid into the mooncell, despite it all being data and mental and not an actual physical place you can take someone physically into and yeah, ignoring this little tidbit is for the best because it's just a big hole. Far as I'm aware it's not the genuine Shiki though, just a recreation.

Either way, he's a pretty boring, unpleasant character. His only character trait seems to be ANGRY except for that horrendous forced character development that was still barely there in the third game with Hope/Pandora/whoever the fuck it was. Like Asura if you took away everything that made him interesting and relatable and left just the rage.

For Dark Souls, which would be better as a starting point to learn the soul transfer stuff Gwyn used to construct the Lordvessel and divvy up his soul between the 4 Kings/Seath, and Vendrick used to place the giants' souls in mud golems: A speciality in sorceries, or the Soul Smith perk?

Also, was the sun bleading darkness in DS3 ever explained? My best guess is Ludleth's abortive attempt to create a new timeline when Iudex failed ot link the fire in time (kinda like what happened with our threads recently, hah) kickstarted an Age of Dark too early for any proper Lords of Cinder to be kindled, resulting in the Unkindled and the former Lords being ressurected, the lands converging/mashing up and Hollows being unable to die due to a glitch in reality between light and dark, and the sun bleeding is supposed to be some kind of visual representation for its' effects.

For that matter I don't recall the sun ever being explained since it wasn't there during the dragons' age.

Kratos is basically someone putting their Donut Steel into Greek mythology. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Unfortunately I distinctly remember Shiki being teleported out to another world when you beat her bossfight, and her saying something about how she'll be allowed to leave when she's done killing 100 Servants. I dunno.

I mean, you're not wrong. I just view the symptoms less as "manchild" and more as a combination of midlife crisis and going postal after a really, really bad day of work. He had somewhat better characterisation in the first game after all, and it just kind of...trickled away over the course of the other games.

To be fair you can say the same thing about Percy Jackson, Age of Mythology (Arkantos gains god powers, beats up an avatar of Poseidon and is granted full godhood by the end of his campaign, Kaster summons Gaia to punt Kronos back into Tartarus etc) and just about any franchise that features a protagonist who can stand as a peer to the greek gods

It might be a tall order, but could someone explain to me the heck is going on in Dark Souls?

I mean, I get that first were Dragons, then the Lords of Cinder, then the fire went out, then Gwyn an heroed, then a zombie plague?, but the plots of DS2 and DS3 are totally unknown.
>Kill more bosses
>Do more rolls
>Praise the sun

There are going to be I think 2 dlc for DS3, so those might clear up some more things.

Royal (1st Gen) Treeship from Tenchi Muyo.

While all of those are he authors putting their OC Mary Sues into Greek Mythology, Kratos is specifically a thirteen year old edgelord's OC. From the chain blades implanted in his flesh to his so deep backstory to his daddy issues to the way he murders every character in the setting... the only thing missing is a move that lets him teleport behind you.

Dragons were largely killed by the lords/gods, not the lords of cinder, who are just anyone who has linked the flame, Gwyn was the first lord of cinder. Hollows are something that happens during an age of dark when the first flame weakens, in part it's a return of humanity to what they were before the first flame came into being, and what they are without a fragment of the dark soul. However the undead are also partially tied to something Gwyn set up with the kindling of the flame using humanity.

> What is the plot of Dark Souls?
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

dare

Well. He does have time stop/slow. So he could theoretically pull the teleport off from the enemies POV.

First there was the Age of the Ancients. Everlasting Dragons ruled the world since its creation eons ago. There was no gods or man, but Dragons. One day Gwyn, Nito, Izalith & Pygmy ignited the first flame. This ushered in the Age of Fire, from Gwyn came the gods, Nito came the undead, Izalith the demons, Lastly Pygmy slithered off and made Man. The fire grew bright but it started to fade after awhile. That's when the dark mark appeared on humanity, causing them to become one the undead who can't die and eventually go insane or Hollow.

At end of DS1 you can choose to reignite the fire (restart the Age of Fire) or walk away (begin the Age of Darkness). In DS2 it's speculated that it takes place during a Age of Darkness. In DS3 It's revealed that there's been several ages of Fire & Darkness, they're on a cycle. Chosen undead usher in the age of darkness for awhile, while another ignites the first flame up again. Those that ignite the flame are Lords of Cinder. The souls of the chosen undead that ignite the fires tend to clump together, and in DS3 there's 4 or 5 Lords of Cinder which are multiple Chosen Undeads each. The Ashen One isn't a Chosen Undead, therefore you can break the cycle once in for all. At least until DS4.

>One day Gwyn, Nito, Izalith & Pygmy ignited the first flame.
The flame just showed up fist, those guys just took the lord souls from the first flame.

>The Rise of the Editions

Rationally, I think this is juvenile.
But in my heart of hearts I'm happy for you user.

First Flame always existed. Gwyn, Nito, and Izalith obtained the Lord Souls from the First Flame whilst the Pygmy waited and then got the Dark Soul which was the foundation for humanity.

The jump is literally right there.

Is it just me or has Dark Souls crawled up it's own ass?
I wish Fromsoft would go back to PS2 era Armored Core

I think it's just you. I don't really find that it's wanking itself or anything, it feels fairly reasonable and consistent with previous games. It's not Supernatural tier shit just yet.

You would have to fall pretty hard to reach Supernatural tier.

I got the hell out of Greece, and just kind of wandered around Italy, and argued with the Titans in my head.

*Fuck, did I use two ands?
I got the hell out of Greece, just kind of wandered around Italy, and argued with the Titans in my head.

I feel like DS3 was with a strong undertone of YO DS2 IMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT DS1 WAS THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME! OF ALL. TIME because everything Vendrick and the Bearer of the Curse became irrelevant along with plot points like Seath's survival and the giant civilisation, with only token nods to that continuity like a child of the dark (one so weak she doesn't even looks different from a human and was able to be captured) and some "drang knights" as random encounters in order to push its' own characters as the direct sequel to Lordran's plot.

Which is in itself not a bad thing; I liked DS1. The problem is, it's treading over old territory instead of taking the plot in a new direction. I'm cautiously hopeful about the DLC though, considering DS2's DLCs did wonders for making the plot more coherent-and one of them was more an expansion pack anyway.

Which is probably why I feel it's crawling up it's own ass.

The whole time I was playing it I was like "Man, I could be doing the exact same thing in DS1 but all the while I'd be grinding Humanity for the Fair Lady."

DS2 was by a different team.

>The Rise of the Editions
Kek, I like the cut of your jib OP, good job.

I know. That changes nothing about my stance on the matter.

That's something that grinds my gears too-how reused everything feels. It was cute 1-2 games ago, but now I just get a sense of how shitty and lifeless these caricatures are in comparison of the old guard. It's like someone tried to out-DS2 DS2. Ironically this kinda fits with the game's themes on a meta level.

Liked the Fair Lady's gentle encouragement? Here's a grotesque, horrifying fleshblob that never speaks and has no characterization whatever.

Miss Priscilla? Oh look, Gwyn or maybe his son (perhaps you should find your own answers!) fucked a dragon, here's another fluffy tailfu

Both the Sunbro and dragon covenants have degenerated into mumbling at some discarded artifacts

Nito and Witch are just...gone this time. There's some generic giant skeleton dude who seems to be collapsing into the Abyss via a reality marble made of Humanity stored in a magic skull. At least the Witch's absence is used to drive home how boned demons are.

Ornstein and Gwyndolin's dessicated remains are litearlly being paraded for fanservice.

Wanted to bro it up with Solaire? Here's an interchangeable waifu/husbando who's also from Astoria

The crestfallen analogue actually has a character arc this time, and he's pretty much the only recurring character archtype to have improved.

And Patches is still Patches of course. Some things never change.

Any ideas what I could use Master's Blood, an Impossible Theorem or Breath of the Void after Fallen London?

In Supernatural, do angels, demons, and monsters not have the standard abilities of their race without buying them? (Immortality, super strength and durability, etc.) Or does buying them just further enhance them?

Maybe? It could just be that you're a pathetic version of them.
Or not. Maybe you could assume you just get some stuff gratas.

At the very least, they wouldn't be perks. Which means they wouldn't carry over to other altforms.
And angels and demons are normally incorporeal and have to possess someone to use their powers, so I don't really know how that would interact with Final Form.

You realize that's the entire point of DS3? It shows how despite everything has changed, it's doomed to repeat the cycle. At the point of DS3, it's been several thousand years or more since DS1, the Chosen Undead that was to rekindle the fire never showed. Which is why the Lords of Cinder left, which gave rise to the Ashen One. Anri has an actual story, she/he was one the few remaining Knights of Astroria. Along with Horus, and Horus goes Hollow. She actually is part of a secret ending, where you become Lord of Hollows and live forever with your Wife/Husband Anri. You do so by stabbing her body with your sword, as part the marriage ceremony. At this point the covenants are fighting over scrap because that's all that remains. There's even references to DS2 in parts, which indicates that DS2 could've taken place among the many cycles.

Speaking of angels, how many jumps let you be an angel or get angelic powers or companions? Starting a themed chain.

Hay, Could I get some help from the more video game inclined among you? How do these settings compare power/danger level wise?

DMC
Anarchy Reigns
God Hand
No More Heroes
And Darksiders

I’m going for a crazy action beat 'em up arc in my chain, ending with Bayonetta. Unfortunately, I have not played any of these games except for most of the DMC series, and have no idea what order to take these jumps in to best help me complete the arc and not end up as a red smear on the pavement. So any advice would be appreciated.

The Inner Self perk from Demon Souls lets you imbue souls into yourself and others. nameless souls just level you up and imbuing boss souls give you some of their traits and power. If your own soul is strong enough you could theoretically split it and do the souls transfer stuff Gwyn did. As for placing souls into golems use soul smithing to make a vessel then pump it full of souls or imbue a boss soul into it maybe?

So how do your Jumpers react when you encounter a situation where nobody really cares what you're up to?

Spoilers don't ruin my enjoyment, but I'm going to ask you to be less of a cock and use the spoiler tags for Dark Souls 3 info. It's still new, you know.

Darksiders, Evangelion, Actraiser, Bayonetta, Devil Survivor 2, Dresden Files if Soulfire Counts, and Fall From Heaven.

sounds like it's up its own ass to me

They only DS girl I want to wed is the Fair Lady.

There's some silly shit in No More Heroes, but I'm fairly certain everyone around is still human, so you should go there first.

God Hand there's crazy kung fu, demons, and plain superhumanity all around. Getting one of the titular hands will give you the power needed to live, but will put you on a bunch of people's shitlist. Second or third.

Anarchy Reigns... fuck if I know. The guy from MadWorld is a big guy here, but isn't Bayo also in the game? Second or third.

Darksiders is apparently a big deal in the scale of powerlevels, but I've never really heard or seen anything of it. Dunno.

DMC is crazy, as you know. Honestly, you can survive it as the first in the arc if you're willing to back down and find your own mini-resurrecting demon lord and mini-evil religious order to fight instead of trying to keep up with canon. First or last.

Go to the sauna and Relax
It's time for an Onsen episode

Thanks.

Yeah, I don't think they've become 'pretentious', but the game quality has dropped. Outside of a few design decisions I hated about 2, it was generally better than 3, as much as people will consider that blasphemy. 3 felt like it handled the passage of time aspect worse and was more of a copy than taking things in its own direction.

Also all the areas are really dull up until Irthyll.

>here's another fluffy tailfu
Don't forget the tailfu is an ugly, emaciated abomination instead of a cuddly cutie.

Also they fucking killed Our Fair Lady the fuckers. Her corpse is in Ash Lake.

I think he was talking about the not-blue sentinels covenant leader, to be fair. She's basically the same character as Priscilla except Gwyndolin gave her a job, there was really so she feels really superfluous

youtube.com/watch?v=aCV0pHjtxes

I don't understand. If nobody cares what I'm doing, why am I even there? I have my own shit to do.

Yes, I know. His post talked about Prissy and the Fair Lady. I'm responding to both points.

Yorksha looks horrifying. Her face is jacked up and she's a hungry skeleton. Compare her to Priscilla, she's a disgusting mockery.

Fuck it. We eccentric millionaire now.

I dunno mang. I haven't gotten that far yet, but a Google search tells me she just looks too skinny. Feed her some McDonald's or something.

What do you think the term hungry skeleton means? Goddamn, user. She's fugly. I don't know why you're disagreeing when you haven't even seen her.

I'm just saying, bitch clearly has an eating disorder. She needs to embrace her dragon half and est some meat and she'd be fine.

For those of you who designed your own Abnormality using the buyable Flask Plan in Medaka Box instead of taking a canon one, which did you get?

Really? Oh well, fair enough-she looked human enough to me but maybe my standards have fallen too far from playing too many games where you fight literal rotting corpses and burning plant demons and gross worm things

Okay, but her character IN THE GAME is an ugly mockery. I don't care if you think it can be 'fixed' with cheeseburgers, that wasn't my point.

Oh shit, I see what you mean now. Jesus christ you're right. That long plesiosaur neck. That inappropriate babyface. Those professional model arms.

K.

Finally, it sets in.

I'm thinking they made her ugly on purpose out of spite, the same way the Fair Lady equivalent is an ugly slugbutt without a personality this time. Sorta "Fuck you for waifuing the cute monsters over the boring humies."

Speaking of, the humies are extra boring this time too.

Everything that I read the jump suggests that you do get the standard abilities, but just the basic, bog standard versions.
Purchasing the associated strength, speed, and durability perks seems to make you stand out as member of your species.

God damn.
That shit's gonna be in my nightmares tonight.
Thanks a lot.

> Oh her face doesn't look that bad
> Now I'm just gonna turn my head slightly downward to look at
> OH JESUS SHIT

I force them to care about me. All shall love Mary Sue, or all shall die by Mary Sue's hands!

Nah, just kidding. I generally go tourist. See the sights, eat the food, see the shows, read the books, attend the festivals. Maybe I'll do some spelunking if they have some ancient ruins around.

Is the guy who was working on a Ben 10 jump still doing it?

I read Evangelion and it seams that all drawbacks can be ignored if you go to space like I will go.
I plan to go to one of Saturn moons and start creating new live using geneforge magic. I hope that beings will be happy and that they will create nice peaceful civilization.

I think so.
Professor Paradox isn't here a lot, though.
I think he's busy with IRL stuff.

Welcome to post-Quicksilver Jumpchain. You can ignore pretty much any Jump's drawbacks if you fuck off to space. The only exceptions are ones which add loss conditions.

Thing is that's not interacting with the setting at all. Going to a jump and then completely ignoring the world is the sort of stuff that will get you yelled at. You're not jumping the setting, you're merely grabbing powers from it and then masturbating for ten years.

Are there any perks that let you make clothes out of metal?
Like ordinary flexible stuff like shirts and pants and the like.

I dunno, I always figured drawbacks would scale appropriately, especially ones that involve 'x wants you dead'.

>tfw the Fire Nation invents space travel just to hunt you down
>tfw Sans is literally right behind you no matter where you go
>tfw your space food is actually a Baneblade with its guns trained on you

>tfw waiting with impatient abandon
>tfw making the terrible mistake of marathoning the ENTIRE SERIES movies included
>tfw despirately hoping a free for all perk that lets you make quips like a master [the original ben 10 had EVERYONE EVER making quips like seriously]
>tfw so many aliens with no name or even home planet but appear literally all the goddamn time
>tfw been hoping there's a "drawback" that lets me stay for pretty much the entire series
>tfw imagining in detail how I'd spend my time in that jump
>tfw agonizing over my build

End my suffering please my autism is reaching peak levels.

This is why I like "x wants you dead drawbacks" that straight up say "they will adapt to all your bullshit".

That's a fun interpretation, but people will HOWL if they even feel like you're suggesting that's how it should work.

Not that I'm aware of, but there are perks which lets you take a single trait from something an add it to another. Multiple perks too, so you could probably do something like take traits from metal and start slamming it into cloth. There's also perks from FF14 and Skullduggery Pleasant and stuff that lets you use magic on clothes to increase their durability even more. So plenty of workarounds.

...I'm not going to lie, that last one made me laugh hard.

> tfw Sans is literally right behind you no matter where you go
> You walk through one of the halls in the Ruins and Sans is there casually leaning against a wall
> "hey there kiddo."
> Jump out the fucking hole where the kid fell in, Sans is there at the entrance giving you a thumbs up
> "nice leap bro."
> Run off to the city, duck into a comic shop, Sans is there reading the SciFi
> "sup man?"
> Run outside, summon up your spaceship and fuck off to space, Sans is sitting next to you as your copilot
> "where we goin' dude?"
> The whole time
> He's just got that fucking grin

Thank you. A shame you don’t know more about Anarchy Reigns, maybe I can find a good let’s play or something. All the same, I guess it’s time to git CRAZY gud.

Oh. Well that's a little disappointing.
My plan was to make clothes out of spun metallic sunlight.
Not for any real use, I just like the idea of GROSSLY INCANDESCENT clothing.

Why are you here?

Why are you?

Because I enjoy jumps and don't whine and complain that things aren't the way they were in 2014 like fanboy.

Oh, well there's some plants in WoW that if spun into clothes, make it seem like it's made of fire or ice or sunlight.

Or you could just go to God of War SELF SHILLING ALERT and pick up the capstone boosted Forge of Souls. Then use the advice from earlier to take the traits of sunlight and slam it into clothes. Bam. Sunlight clothes.

You've got me thinking of that as a Looney Tunes skit, fuck you user.