Warhammer 40k General

Breaking Cycles Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD'

>Bunch of Other 40k Stuff
mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!9UtFDbTb

mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!cdFiWILI

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskScienceDiscussion/comments/3c48o3/would_nonstop_rain_be_possible_and_if_so_what/
i.imgur.com/IU07s3m.jpg
i.imgur.com/QrzKmJI.jpg
i.imgur.com/LL3pqHr.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is fluffing my Space Marine's allied detachment of IG as chapter serfs fluffy?

Or is that just something that would never happen?

There are many, many circumstances with Astra Militarum partners with Astartes. IG is just a bunch of normal guys so sometimes they need a chapters support.

Does anyone have that excerpt where (I think it was some IG general/officers) was telling the DA Chaptermaster that he knew about the fallen in a hinty kind of way.

Yeah but I mean is it heresy for a chapter to use their serfs in battle?

It kind of bypasses the whole 1000 men in a chapter rule if they can have 10,000 chapter serfs acting as soldiers

Tell me about the most recent game you played 40k general.
What were the armies? What happened over the course of the game? Who won?
Did anything spectacular, awesome, ridiculous or just plain funny occur?

Nobs or meganobs?

Chapter Serfs keep battle barges running, polish boots and grow food, and are unlikely to be used for fighting amongst most chapters. that said, its your chapter, do what you want, they're just unlikely to be using many vehicles.

Abaddon puts the dread Sorting Hat of Chaos atop your head. What god's name does it cry out?

Oh I am done and didn't read the serfs part. Still on my morning cup of coffee.

I do not believe it works, the only "serfs" that go to combat are the Techmarine servitors as far as I know.

If you were a chaos legion maybe?

The Templar's use their chapter serfs as warriors iirc and I use my imps as a mix of guard as serfs in my head cannon.

you could have it so the chapter takes more serfs than usual and uses them soldiers, but some serfs are needed for all the menial but necessary tasks to keep a chapter running.

For a planet with extreme, but tolerable temperatures, (preferably towards cold) temperatures, would it be better:

-F - yellow-white star (slightly bigger than the sun, longer seasons, more moons).
-A planet with an unusual tilted axis or unusual elongated orbit?
-A geography that encourages more extreme climatology like larger oceans, bigger mountains etc?

Skitarii/IG versus Necrons. The Crons player was playing a CAD, was new, lost his monolith turn 2 from meltabomb vets, and got shot to shit, but went pretty well with his deceiver, his lychguard and lord. End game Skittles had more units alive, but all his tanks and most of his IG got wiped. There was only the C'tan and three lychguard/the lord left

Jesus H. Christ, the only true answer.

>What were the armies?

My Ravenwing Dark Angels v. His Ultramarines at 2500pts

>What happened over the course of the game?

We had the last Maelstrom Mission (contact lost?) where you start with 6 and go down. He scored 11 points turn one.

>Who won?

Final score was 16 to 5 my loss.

>Did anything spectacular, awesome, ridiculous or just plain funny occur?

We have faced each other many times but this was the first for this point value and he did a really good job of keeping my army jinking.

This was just a good normal pickup game nothing crazy unfortunately.

Never heard of a Chaos God by that name, guess he must be one of the Z-listers.

My local gw is running a tournament in the coming weeks and the only rule is that you're only going to be using the contents of the "get started" kits. I'm trying to decide between either the tau box or the necron box and am keen to hear what people think I should use.

Nurgle because I'm really pessimistic, miserable and I'd probably be willing to settle for a god that pretends to love me.

HoR killteam

200 points Orks vs 250 points emperors children, My boss nob carried the game hardcore, sweeping aside cultists and surviving a hail of noise marine fire like nobodies business, chopped them to bits too.

I completely forgot about two of my storm boys for the entire game that i hid behind various bits of cover and two of his chosen beat an entire squad of boys to death in melee. The boys charged too. (1 died form overwatch, 4+ to hit and 4+ to wound, made all of them)

Mission was hold and control/king of the hill. Fairly decisive victory for the orks(50% of the orks remaining including the boss nob vs 2 chosen and his leader)

I'm no astrophysicist, but why would a larger brighter star make colder temperatures? Wouldn't a tilt not really change anything because it's such a minute change in distance it wouldn't really matter? I'm also not sure about how geography changes climatology. I suppose it could be a planet with less volcanic activity? Look at fenris. They orbit a K-star which is orange/red so cooler in real life, though described as pale white in the lore. And has a very oval path of orbit. Valhalla got hit by a comet fucking it over. Just some ideas.

The temperature would be the same within the habitable zone. However, seasons last longer or shorter accordingly to the distance from the star, the orbit path and tidal forces.

Unrelated to that anons post but what would it take to make a planet with almost non-stop rain and thunder storms? I'm guessing lots of water and being placed a little closer to the sun than earth.

1.5k five player game, Chaos Marines, AdMech and Daemons vs Tyrandis and Knights (me). It was meant to be a 6 player game, but one dude unexpectedly bailed, so we had to make due.
Luckily both the 'nid guy and me had brought more minis along; another two knights and a vindicare on my side, another few assloads of gaunts, a tervigon and some zoans for the 'nids.
The goal was to gather as many tokens strewn about the middle of the table as possible and carry them back into the deployment zone.
The most spectacular thing was probably when my Baron got knocked down to 1HP turn one, only to regrow all five missing HP over the course of the battle, never suffering another wound during this.
The funniest thing was probably the 'nid guy basically installing a shuttle service for tokens with two squads of raveners. Also, the vindicare missed every single shot, which takes some doing.
Good times, all in all.

I guess I would say a combination of sun type and orbit path (like fenris) then, probably makes the biggest differences.

reddit.com/r/AskScienceDiscussion/comments/3c48o3/would_nonstop_rain_be_possible_and_if_so_what/

>inb4 reddit

Here are some new rumors. A New SM Flyer

SPACE MARINE STORMHAWK INTERCEPTOR

A multi-part plastic kit that makes the brand new Stormhawk Interceptor – a deadly heavily armed and armoured Space marine fighter, designed to hunt and kill other flyers. This kit can alternatively also be assembled as a Stormtalon Gunship

This product is a must for all fans of the Space Wolves and customers will want to buy more than one box to build bigger units or several units

And a new Ork Flyer

A multi-part plastic kit that makes the brand new Wazbom Blastajet – a deadly, gun heavy, Ork flying fortress. The kit can also be assembled as either a Dakkajet, a Burna-bommer or a Blitza-bommer.

From the looks of it, I am betting the Ork flyer is what the hint in WD was referencing. Like a Mek Gun with wings. I am thinking the Space Wolves reference is a mistake and it is for C:SM.

There's more ultraviolet light and stronger solar winds though.

my guess is that it'll look like this conversion.

Bullshit.
Both the stormtalon and the ork flyer is barely five years old, no way they'll be replaced already. And the rest of the text is fucking awkwardly written *and* doesn't make much sense.

My guess is that it is an add-on sprue for each of those kits, not an outright replacement. Hence why the original kits can still be made.

did you happen to build a bunch of storm of talons or dakkajets recently?

Not that user(actually the rumor spreader) but I just finished my two Stormtalons for my Raptor Wing, so if this is a superior kit in every way, I will be pretty pissed. I might still end up getting one and run three flyers instead of the Raptor Wing. If it is something available to Blood Angels, I will be less pissed. I will probably pick one up for them if that is the case.

If the Ork jet is really good, perhaps it will help make Orks a little less awful. And bringing the guys up from the bottom is always a good thing.

Actually yes, I did. I needed a second one for the Stormwing formation.

Sw podspam and wolfspam with token thunderwolves vs Orkurion.

Ghazzys deathstar tore the thunderwolves to utter shreds, then spent the rest of the gane waddling about failing charges while the podmarines and wolfpacks tore every other Ork unit to shreds.

Ended 4/2 to the marine player with orks only scoring furtst blood and kingslayer, every other objective was far away or near inpossible to achieve.

Like the Knight Warden kit is just an additional sprue? Huh, yeah, I could see that. Good point.

>Also, the vindicare missed every single shot, which takes some doing.

you know he gets a 2+ to hit then a 4+ if we misses. Maybe he failed to wound with his Shield breaker or penetrator wounds. But Unless he dies turn 2 there is no way he is missing every shot.

Pretty exactly like that. The issue is, if it is ultimately much cooler than the original the way Warden kit is to the Paladin kit (seriously, Fucking Gatling guns FTW!), I will be upset. There is potential for it to use the Talon as a base and add on nicely or be able to swap out parts easy enough. My guess is the nosegun, weapon pods, and wings are what is going to be replaced.

I still love my Stormtalons and getting another would be fine, especially if a formation comes out that includes two Stormtalons and a Stormhawk. Then sign me up!

Who's going to be fucked over the most by the big upcoming faq drop?

i.imgur.com/IU07s3m.jpg
i.imgur.com/QrzKmJI.jpg
Yup, add-on kit to the Stormtalon. Triple barrel Lascannon for a nosegun and the Assault cannons are now on the wings. The missile pods were also moved further back. I can't tell if the Black Stormhawks are Death Company (it kinda looks like they have red Blood Angels logos on the wings), but if so, I want some. I don't particularly care for the cockpit, but whatever. It looks pretty awesome. It is an upgunned Stormtalon. What isn't there to like?

i.imgur.com/LL3pqHr.jpg

New Ork jet is new.

It's not a triple barreled lascanno, it's an autocannon like the ones on the anti-air rhino.

Yes, I know that, and yes, he missed four times in a row, which had the entire table in stitches by the fourth shooting phase.
In the fifth he had been put out of his misery, so I thankfully didn't need to roll for him anymore.

so the tau is what the imperium was with the emperor but not racist?

Dayum son, now that's aerodynamic!

Wow, that's fucking hideous. Also, ANOTHER Space Marine flier? Really shows what GW's priorities are.

>Shellcasings electing from Mega-Blasta on the wing
DA MAD MEK DOEZ IT AGAIN!

Well, what do you know? I stand corrected, it's not bullshit. Didn't expect that.
Can't really comment on the ork thing, but the new SM flyer looks pretty okay. TL assault cannon and stormcannon should give it some decent punch, but it'll be hard-pressed to compete with the stormtalon's Skyhammer. That's no fault of the kit, but rather the issue that gunships and air superiority fighters in 40k have roughly the same rules.

It still has the skyhammer under the wings

Wait, disregard that, I suck cocks. It apparently has the missile launchers next to the engines.
Pretty sure those are Black Templar craft, going by the iconography.

haha that old ass warbuggy got new art for its shitty ass self before it got a new model

damn looks good. I'll definitely be getting them on looks alone. Too bad I just bought a xiphon.

>Zzap gun
Disgusting, but for two flying kustom kannons and a force field I'd pay 140 points for it easy.

>Even in the artwork that buggie looks ancient and out of place

NEW BUGGY WHEN?

If the Tau can see infrared and ultraviolet part of the spectrum with their naked eyes, shouldn't they have night-fighting vision by default without fancy equipment?

Will it get a pass if I play it as a proxy for that FW SM flyer that came out not so long ago ? I like the model more for my DG army.

The rules will probably suck for this one as the orks are not allowed to have good stuff since 6th ed

If the Dark Mechanicum and Traitor Astartes don't give a shit about tech-heresy, shouldn't they have more options and new vehicles than loyalists? Where are my Rhino's with Leman Russ turrets welded on top with a Daemon Engine powering the whole thing? Where are by Defilers with more than one main gun?

>Not making your buggies with pieces of trukks

Ya git need to hire a propa mekk

NPC factions don't innovate, silly.

Alright, quick question, I've been looking at pics of Space Marine colors, and noticing that company colors, markings, and squad markings were different in a bunch of cases.

With pic related, he's a Devastator of the 9th company because of the blue stripe on his right knee, and the inverted v on his shoulder, correct?

If the Space Marines can produce deadly spit, shouldn't they have the Poison(4+) special rule in melee?
If psykers can sunder a planet with their mind, shouldn't they have a strength D Apocalyptic Megablast power?
If Orks are made for fighting and winning, shouldn't they have a non-shit codex?

Yes, but much more likely to explode in pieces.

Hey Veeky Forums, what special snowflake chapters do you have?

I want to buy a ton of the laurel reefs from the command squad kit and other greenery to put on their armour and make an ultramarine successor themed around nature, basically druid marines.

I never understood the point of poisonous saliva. It's not like a Space Marine is going to be without a helmet for a long period of time. I say it's the most worthless of all the new extra organs.

>If Chaos are supposed to be the main antagonists why do they fail in everything and suck shit on the tabletop?

>If the Space Marines can produce deadly spit, shouldn't they have the Poison(4+) special rule in melee?
It's not poison, it's acid, and they wouldn't bother to use it in combat when they have knives and swords. Guardsmen, as human, have the ability to urinate but that doesn't mean they have the ability to widdle all over orks in combat other than beating them senseless because >I2

The whole point is that it's acid so if the marine gets captured and stripped he can spit on his cuffs and melt them and escape.

It was probably one of those things where Emps went: "Well, I still got some room in the throat, might as well toss something in there."

Should have put a sonic attack organ like the one Eidolon got. Much more usefull imo

Holy shit that's ugly.

and I'm one of the few guys that love the Stormtalon. But this... good grief.

Are you kidding ? That's the best looking SM flyer with the Xiphon

Eh, it's okay, I think. The cute stormpotato looks better, true, but it reminds me a little of the Tempest Landspeeder, so it gets a pass.

Xiphon is cool, how can you put them on the same level?

Because both look like actual aircrafts ? Every other SM flyer looks like a brick with wings.

The biggest popular list that relies on deliberately misreading ambiguous rules at the moment is the orks with the scouting transports, so probably them.

GW could let it slide for the sake of fun, since it is fun and not really all that powerful, but I can't imagine them doing that for orks. Tau maybe. or marines.

Not a big fan of the armored cockpit, but with the regular stromtalon canopy this might look pretty decent.

I must also say that this is nowhere near as nice as the Xiphon.

The price point will make or break this.
Expect it be it way overpriced though 200pts

Imagine if GW came out and said scouting transports is a legit thing that armies can use to get an advantage.

I suppose the eldar would still outdo orks though, right?

>and I'm one of the few guys that love the Stormtalon

>Chaos can add any arbitrary gun to any vehicle but anything beyond what's detailed in that specific vehicles option list gains the gets hot special rule. Weapons that already have the gets hot special rule which are added this way get hot on a 1 or 2 instead of only on a 1.

What can I say, I have a soft spot for the "futuristic helicopters with no single main rotor" thingy

You can scout transports already ya dingus.

>Cram as many Reaper autocannons on each Rhino as possible
>Chaos Technical spam
I'd play it.

You could chop of three quarters of the eldar 'dex and eldar would still outdo orks. So, yeah.
>mek gun
>two mega-blastaz
>kustom force field
>tl big shoota
I'd be surprised if it doesn't cost around 280, to be frank.

Welp. there goes my tax returns.

Only question is whether to buy just 1 to have a 3 wing or take 3 so i can field an air armada...

Speaking of, will that mek flier get faq'd into the formation I wonder.

When does the faq get released?

Well, the 1000 only applies to the amount of marines you have. The Imperium wouldn't have a problem crushing a regiment of humans, but 10000 space marines would be something of an issue if they turned to Chaos.

good spot didn´t realize thos were 2 megablastaz was also pretty sure that would be a small zzzapweapon. Don´t get me wrong I would be overjoyed to get a good or even "strong" flyer im just cautious.

The entirw cockpit piece is completely different. I bet you could swap it out for the original cockpit without issue. The nosegun might create an issue if it has a different mount. I am in the same boat, I like the original cockpit better.

I think there should be an upgrade for Guardsmen where you can have your regiment use lots of beans in meals so your guys get wicked farts and a 6+ cover save in the open

Are you the guy who was refused games because your Nurglites shat themselves?

So, does the Omophagea actually gives you knowledge stored from the brains you eat, or does it work like the Kroot's reading DNA?

>rotary autocannon
>missiles
>assault cannons
>maybe some heavy bolters there
oh lawdy

Those are just some sensors, not heavy bolters.
Thank god.

But. Its very likely that this book will add some extra rules for flyers. Which is nice, they were a bit neclected in this edition of FMCs and deathstars.

Don't forget the Astral Claws' embedded auxilia... They only got called out because he shirked his gene-seed tithe.

Another question, would all companies use the stripe on the knee in their respective company colors, or are there different markings per company as well?

I doubt it has HBs as well. The Stormtalon gunpods will probably be able to use all the options the Stormtalon can. So HBs, LCs, SML, and TML. Fucker is loaded to the teeth though. I can't wait to get one to go with my two Stormtalons.

So how is the zzap kannon gonna work if there's no crew to zap? Pretty sure it's going to die from Gets Hot before anyone actually shoots it down.
And with how the picture looks, it's probably a flier hunter, so no strafing run and no access to flyboss like the dakkajets.

Pretty sure the nosegun is the stalker's icarus autocannon.