What is humanity?

What is humanity?
How would you define it?

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LueVmefY_Kg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>A miserable collection of piles of secrets

Definition should exclude anyone who would do that to a dog. Poor little bastard.

Behold, a featherless bipedal with flat nails!

What do you mean, a person's humanity, or the species collectively known as Humanity?

A parasite that enjoys violently attacking itself as much as it like attacking the host

A person's humanity. Otherwise I woulda used the word mankind.

Why, it's our connection to the Lord Soul of Manus.

Homo sapiens. If we're being really picky, Homo sapiens sapiens.

Depends on the setting.

In settings like Vampire the Masquerade?

In that case humanity is the ability to rise above base desires and impulses. To help the group as a whole or to just be able to plan more than a few weeks ahead of time.

So a person without humanity would act on impulse only?

Das rayciss.

A person without humanity is primarily motivated by base desires, not necessarily without impulse control, though I would say that someone who lacks all impulse control is little better than an animal.

How is it racist? I said nothing of race. Perhaps you are the racist for immediately jumping to the conclusion that I was referring to a specific race of people.

I though humanity was about acting noble and decently constantly?

This form looks like a vaggo.
Or is this so deep like souls look like vaginas because they are born through t?

ow the edge

psst
Niggers

Exactly like that pic

So edgy it counts as AP1.

When someone's "acting human", they're being empathic. When someone's "not acting human", they're not being empathic. That's all there is to it, really.

Speciesism, not racism.

To be unable to reproduce with nonhumans.

Just kidding. I'd say humanity is a collection of mental abilities no one thing we've found or created is capable of, like empathy, complex humor and object permanence.

If you were Skyping something that could see you but you couldn't see back, you showed it an object that went offscreen and then back on, and they asked if you have two of that thing, would you consider them being human as slightly less likely? I mean, in a world where we know being sapient and inhuman is possible.

Describe a human without humanity.

An elf.

Is that a real dog?

What's wrong with his eyes?

A vampire

The ability to develop a complex language.

zombie

A combination of things that separate us from other animals, most notably sapience.

A hollow.

Picrelated sums up "humanity as in WoD" pretty well.

A lot of Dark Souls shit is very freudian in nature.
youtube.com/watch?v=LueVmefY_Kg

A dead guy.

Jeffrey Dahmer, Carla Tucker, Donald Trump, Adolf Hitler, Hiroyuki.

For now the answers seem to indicate that humanity is a soul.

user.

Philosophically, biologically, or psychologically?
Biologically we're homo-sapiens, defined by advance tool use, an up-right posture, and a relatively remarkable intellect.
Psychologically humanity is defined mostly by it's ability to not only self-identify, but also it's ability to contemplate that self.
Philosophically it's the latter of the prior, that ability to ask ourselves what we are and wonder why we are that most philosophers would probably accredit to being the most 'human,' thing about humans.

So, if I had to take a stab at it I'd say humanity is defined by the ability to actualize both it's self and it's sense of self.

>ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Bald monkey

At least when you put peanut butter on the roofs of their mouths they're being tormented by tastiness.

In MY setting, most would probably describe them as the industrious and reverant peoples of the middle lands. And the word "slutty" would probably be used.

For their propention to fuck everything they don't kill or eat?

Yeah. They aren't actually slutty, but they're the only peoples who regularly mate with others outside their culture. Historically, they did it because they had to to survive, and thousands of years later, this has turned into myths, legends and idioms and such which paint them as slutty.

That actually sounds fun.

Nigger

>le old guy with a cigar.jpeg
It's just an vague ghost/aura shape.

Animal =/= human without humanity.

A sapient, sentient individual with nothing even remotely close to empathy. Callous and cruel in their disregard for anyone else. Their eyes without light. Soulless.

So gingers.

So basically democrats?

I just fuckin said gingers.

I don't see how it contradicts me.

Different user here, but if you had said, "Don't you mean democrats?" instead, that would make more sense. By your word choice you're being the contradictory one.

elf-dwarf mix

A very smart animal that is evolved so well that it now is entierly independent from evolution and they make their own terms.

I can't believe I watched that entire video

not
>a collection of miserable piles of secrets
user are you even trying
come on now

Thid video gets so much wrong. The shape of humanity sprites in Dark Souls 1 is meant to resemble the silhouette of a person. That enemy in Dark Souls 2 has a distended gut resulting from starvation and sickness, not a pregnant belly. At least it got the part about the "birth" imagery in the scene with the first flame in the opening cutscene of DS1, but that one was quite clearly intentional. There is definitely sexual imagery in the Souls games, but that video makes a lot of false assumptions.

I'd say the most heavily Freudian souls game would actually be Bloodborne, by far.

A newborn child.

Veeky Forums.

a /pol/ack

OP

(You)

>Tfw you're a fucking white male

What's wrong with being a white male?

>pause
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

every extraterrestial species that developed complex language could be considered human in this case

White men were the first (only?) demographic to end slavery and then went on to invent the best technology and cure most disease. This makes every other race (and women) shit themselves in rage because it makes them all look useless.

The only relevant definition is the genetic one.

Ha, that's why.