Draw Thread: Snubbed Edition

Previous DO Post any art requests you have ITT. Keep in mind, the drawfriends are doing this for free, so do not be surprised or upset if they gloss over your post. Just be patient, and bump your request ONE time, every 24 hours after posting it.

DON'T be a jerk and immediately repost your request because you don't like the FREE art you received.

DO provide good, detailed references (pictures are better than verbal descriptions), so the artists know what you're looking for as best you can.

If you've recently had a request filled by a drawfriend, please be considerate of less fortunate anons and hold off on additional requests for a while.

Mind your manners, don't be rude to other people's requests, and remember to say thank you! And please, please, lurk before posting your request. It will save everyone some uncomfortable moments.

Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information drawfriends.

Books and Tutorials:

mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA

dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0

Figure Drawing:

quickposes.com/pages/random

Beginners Guide to Drawing:archive.is/GNIq1

The w/ic/i art guide:sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_C5hoFk9Co
gfxxtra.com/456/216895-tuts-premium-digital-painting-for-concept-art-with-matt-kohr.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Requesting my feral/feudal world sergeant for only war:

>Athletic build, dark blond hair, grey eyes, with the face, beard and hairdo of the ref
>gear: tattared carapace armor, a rather big chainsword and a laspistol
>he had a red cloak and tabard, but they burned in an explosion

If possible I'd like to see him pulling a Hamlet with the spiked skull of a mutant.

Here's some metal for the mood:
youtube.com/watch?v=t_C5hoFk9Co

Have fun and a good day

From last thread, on the off-chance that the drawfriend working on it was able to find the time to finish it up:

Requesting my female Death Knight (reflavored Oathbreaker) from an evil campaign that we're running. She wears form-fitting darkened steel plate-mail, the torso engraved with silver skeletal designs, while the pauldrons, arms and legs are fashioned after dragons (i.e. wings and whatnot). Her skin is really pale and her hair is platinum blond, hair styled so that most of it falls straight down her back, with two braids going from her temple around the back of her head into a coiled braid at the nape of her neck, with a hair pin holding it in place. She wears a tiara of black iron nails, and wields a black iron greatsword. Her mount is an undead Horse (the DM was very reasonable about allowing me to revamp Find Steed to include "undead" for her)

If anyone could put this guy riding a huge armored boar and with an orange/purple/red color scheme instead of the white/red/purple he has, it would be greatly appreciated.

Any pose is welcome.

Could anyone have a go at drawing a guy in an outfit like this but in olive green, with a light blue beret and a parachute on his back?

Migrating thread.
A picture of my grumpy old half-elf fighter in his pretty new getup. He is a 6'8 tall brute who stole the armor from a woman a head and a half shorter than him and a ranseur from an ancient statue because it looked pretty. The armor could be slightly modified, a little splayed out to fit his broad shoulders and some chain mail attached to it to cover a little more of the abdomen, but not all of it. The pose could be something along the lines of the reference, but could be holding the ranseur on his side, but again, up to you if you pick this up.

Thank you if you are picking this up

On another note: after how many weeks should i just give up on one request before i can come to the conclusion that all drawfriends are avoiding my request like the bubonic plague?

Eh. I'll repost my request if it isn't against the rules.

"I'm in a game of Age of Rebellion, but we're playing it from the other side. IE, we're playing Imps.

So I'm playing a TIE Fighter pilot and I was hoping if someone would be up to fulfilling this request.

What we have is a cocky twenty something corellian. He should be wearing the standard TIE Fighter Flight Suit (the image includes the closest I could find) minus the life support rig.

He has facial scarring (also in the picture!) that should pass through his left eye and leave it milky and blind.

Finally, he keeps his hair in a jelly roll style (also included) with the sides and back shaved down to skin.

He's basically a weird greaser japanese style high school delinquents, just... you know. As a TIE Fighter Pilot. Smokes black cigarettes and disregards just about anything and everything that's rules related outside of combat.

Anyway, I've included a file to show what the various parts are supposed to look like."

Next thread try rephrasing your request or redoing your reference pic to be more appealing. Make it stand out from the other requests.

OR here, saving WiPs as they come. Thanks for all of your hard work anons, I really did not expect this much of a response when I posted the request. I really don't mind the NSFW stuff being done and it appears many other anons do not mind/are actively encouraging it, but I do intend to hang around until the SFW piece is finished, for use in-game.

If the interest is present, I did make a reference image for her partner as well.

>The original request, for reference:
Requesting a young, scrappy paladiness armed with a decorative and elegant longsword and mobility-friendly light armor. Not looking for a rogueish armor set, rather something a military scout may wear. Her black hair is styled as a bob cut with slicked back bangs (there was a good example a few threads back, but I lost it).

She cleverly uses her barely exposed feminine assets and her quick attacks to overcome her opponents, and wears a rough leather toolbelt around her waist with various bottles and pouches on it containing bombs, artifacts, salves, etc.

Again, cannot thank you fine folks enough, there has been some really cool work done so far. And possibly a smut piece written..? Anyone tracking on that?

requesting Exava getting spooked by resident evil

So what you are saying is that i should tell them to draw tits on it or have tits in the reference picture itself?

Migrating my request: I'd like to request a group of viking elves on a huge, flying viking warship. That is all.

Since the other thread's going to go down soon, I'm bringing over my request of an Egyptian dwarf throwing javelins from the back of a golden chariot pulled by a clockwork horse. Thank you if anybody picks this up, I'm picturing the dude having khal drogo-style makeup.

That's not what I said or implied at all. Just reorganize your reference, clean it up a little. Shit son, it's a drawthread don't get all pouty because you get passed over. We covered this near the end of last thread with some other mopey user. You just have to catch the right artist's attention.

requesting a picture of sasha grey as a dnd-style monk, lotsa bandages, wrist-wraps, hand-wraps etc in her clothing. Though I'd actually prefer it if the image looked... well not conservative per se, but just not inherently sexual.

Not that I mind if somebody draws it that way, it's just I'd still be looking for one I could use as character art at the table.

Honestly though? This isn't even for magical realm purposes, she just has a weird looking face and for some reason it's just how I keep imagining this monk. Plus I want to see if anybody at my table recognises her.

It was meant to be a joke nor i am even lightly dissatisfied, just wondering out loud (or wondering and typing it down).

Porting over from dead thread: I request an image of several ogre gods posing at a feasting table (posing towards the viewer, as if somebody just came in), Jojo's bizarre adventure style. The ogres are as follow: There is Togg - god of mirth and dancing. His elven wife (godess of fertility and nature), Mac, their son, god of songs and language, and Olgruff Pork-belly, the father god, and god of eating, like, a lot. There is another god, of alcohol and honey, and one more, god of artistry and tattoos.

Thank you.

Pic related is a reference image for the ogres. Also the only one of this pantheon not posing would be the elven wife, she'd probably just be stood off to the side laughing at the whole thing.

If anybody wants to, it would probably work even better as a two-panel thing, where they're all eating, but some look up and notice the people who just came in, the next one they're all posing over dramatically.

I don't know which is my favorite so far

Looking for someone to redraw this cute little mook enemy for a quest i'm running off-site.

Their description basically reads "Imagine someone took a jellyfish and gave it power to move on land, and then tried to turn it into a penguin but gave up 1/3 of the way through."

Short story of my lunar oracle aasimar who led the kingdom of Fallcrest, established the Wardens to police the area, summoned stag-archons to aid the farm and forest folk offering a year of her service for each year of theirs, materially or in her afterlife.

She was slain fending off the patriarch of the owl-bears, the original misbegotten arcane creation when it crit three times in a row, and tore her in twain. Despite her mythic resilience it was for naught.

In the ensuing confusion her companions managed to kill the owl bear, and a state funeral was held. Off screen. Because the other players couldn't be bothered to role play it. (The one player anyway, who sort of dominated role playing after my characters death and told the others what to do)

Que creation of a half-giant barbarian whose goal was to grow mighty enough to challenge Gorum in single combat, defeating his champions along the way.

First combat of the new character he gets magic jarred by a mythic wisp and kills the entire party because they all failed their perception checks to see he had been magic-jarred.

Turns out the DM mismanaged that combat pretty bad, in terms of how soul jar works and how our perception checks ought to have gone but we didnt figure that out until later and the TPK put the end to a year long campaign.

Re-requesting, as I had done so last night but the thread died shortly after.

Just looking for a woaded up aasimar riding a celestial dire tiger into combat.

I would love an evil looking woman with a giant curved sword dressed similarly to pic related- but in bikiniplate and wielding a sword made of bone. For maximum autism-rage, she can have magical runes of protection etched into her skin.

I may be tired. Said giant curved sword is made of bone, obviously.

Requesting a 14th century knight.

1-2-3) Wears a bascinet sugarloaf helm with a very thin slit for vision and bands across the front of it for protection from cuts or thrusts to the eyes. However like in (2), there are breathes in the bottom left quadrant of the faceplate. As in (3) he wears one of those head-dresses tied to the top of the helm. The draping fabric is colored bright yellow, not red. Also, the helmet itself is painted black.

4-5) He wears early-mid era 14th century knightly armor consisting of all the armor in pic (4). However he also wears an additional covering of splinted plate arms like in pic (5). Both the leather of his coat of plates and splinted armor is black.

6) Instead of full plate gauntlets, he wears "wisby gauntlets", made of leather with small riveted plates.

7) Wields a simple bastard sword like pictured. Possibly held in a two-handed stance with the tip of the sword impaled in the ground held at the hip.

Also, he doesn't wear a surcoat of other items of heraldry over his armor. Everything is black besides the helmet head-dress.

rerequesting this catfolk ranger from the previous thread:
skulking pose from picture one, while holding a crossbow like in picture 2. Wearing armor like in picture 3, and hair like in picture 4. Picture 5 is general facial coloring and picture 6 is for ear size, shape and relative position on head.

It's for a family member's first ever RP character.

re-posting from the previos thread would like to request an image of my d&d character, he is a 3'8" 18 year old forest gnome with dark brown hair and brown eyes. he is a chef wearing a chefs outfit similar to the image uploaded.

Here is a WIP mister user. Let me know what you think.

borderline lewd request, but /d/ is shit and i dont even want it to be nude.
So please hear me out.
A two headed naga (herm but clothed in fancy silver clothing), teal scales. One head is halfway swallowing down some unlucky adventurer while the other is looking on with disdain and disgust saying "I was going to fuck that..."

So I'll get this good by doing multiple studies?

Drawfriend, you there? Going through a tough spot recently, so any non-bad news would be nice (even if it's just "had no time to work on it but am still alive")

Finalized pencils, I think I will ink it, but just in case I screw it up royally, you will at least have this.

Look my friend, you have to be patient with these things. Don't be pushy.

Yeah, I know, sorry. I'm letting IRL bullshit bleed over, and that's not fair to the drawfriend who is graciously taking this on for free. I'll try to be patient.

Migrating with my rough rider mount request:

It's a big, sturdy and majestic hog-lion thing with a fabulous mane and a pair of straight goring tusks. It has a thick hide of dark grey colour that turns lighter towards the mane.

Bonus points for drawing it with a saddle on its' shoulders and heavy carapace barding.

Thanks fort reading

>"I want a picture and I want it now."
>"Why didn't I get my picture yet!?"
>"This board is shit so I'm gonna request it on other board."
I haven't seen anyone this entitled on /d/ since Backlogfag.

In my defense, I did apologize immediately when it was pointed out that I was being a dick ().

Who are you?
The "two headed naga" user I'm talking about?

Nah, I'm the one who was "why didn't I get my picture yet" here and assumed you were talking about me.

Could I get the guy on the left drawn with the colors on the right? As far as colors are concerned, I'd like if his helmet was the funky pink and his jacket the neon blue or have that funky camo pattern. Also, if he could be armed with a shotgun or lascarbine, that'd be awesome. He's meant for 40k, so adding an aquilla/skull or two would be appreciated. Thanks

I'd love for someone to draw my commissar.
he'd be holding dog tags, gazing at them solemnly. he'd be young, but with a grey beard from stress.
if possible, could you include his ornate chainsword?

Here's the inks, still have a picture of the pencils if you want it too. Apologies if it comes out sideways, mobile is being goofy.

>On another note: after how many weeks should i just give up on one request before i can come to the conclusion that all drawfriends are avoiding my request like the bubonic plague?
Never give up, never surrender.
I once did a request just because the user had been patiently posting for over a month.
I had been avoiding it because I don't dig 40k, but I do dig underdogs.
Right now I'm just lurking.

>OPs pic looks really close to one of my characters

i hope the OR doesn't mind me taking it.

Okay, I'm on it. Just for the record, I'm not usually writing smut, so don't expect anything exceptional.
Now, if you could just post some of the details about her story so that I can fluff my writings a bit?

can i get a Goblin alchemist and/ or artificer?

Not him but he posted it in the last thread I'll go dig it up

Found it

>Charlotte was raised as the daughter of a governor of a good sized countryside city. She was disinterested with politics and government, but was interested in the stories of gods, warriors, and myths. Time not spent at the church where she trained for a paladinship was spent at the Kennels, where a small division of soldiers were beginning to train guard dogs. OOC I'm former military security forces, and always loved working with our K9 units.

>One of the dog handlers, a mid-grade enlisted woman, always caught her eye, so Charlotte volunteered her free time to helping train the dogs in order to be around her more. Her name was Julia, with wavy almost white long hair that she often pulled into an elaborate braid. They grew quite close over time, until a day that her secret love was deployed to the border to help suppress a growing conflict.

>Not content waiting in a castle on word from the frontlines, Charlotte stole away during the night, donning an old set of armor that Julia had given to her for their sparring sessions, along with the beautiful sword that Julia had saved up her monthly military pay for over a year to commission as a gift to Charlotte.

>Charlotte has sworn an Oath of Devotion and after being blessed on her quest, set out to the border area to find her true love.

Now OR said last thread that he made a ref for julia but never posted it so I don't know exactly what she is supposed to look like

Reposting my request for an ebon spider arachne. Entry mentions they have a bony black exoskeleton, fangs dripping with poison and hellish red eyes with a glow; other than that feel free to improvise.

Thank you very much. I already started writing a bit, but since it's not going to fit her character, I'm going to have to change what I've written so far..
Recap:
Young noble lady stuck in her tower because her father wants to protect her from the outside world that took his wife. Since he is occupied and doesn't have enough time to see his daughter, he asks for someone to paint his daughter so that he can always look at her.
Numerous painters arrive, but he shoos them off for fear of them shagging his daughter, but a fair lady insists on drawing the towergirl. Seeing no harm in letting a lady do that, the count allows it. Thus, the story begins and a relationship slowly forms between the painter and the daughter, and it escalates to sleeping together and drawing portraits of her naked, while finishing the commisioned piece on time.

I know, me either. goblinvomit's is the only finished one, so it's hard to tell, really.

Oh my. Okay, I'll be here through the day hanging out. I see that user got you what you needed on my behalf.

>Julia's reference image
Here it is, it's basically just a mashup. Armor (left), hair/face (middle, but she wears no hat), her loyal dog Graham with a utility vest (middle bottom), and she uses a bigass lance as a weapon (any from right pic).

The rule for bumping... does that mean referring back to our request only once a day?

Does a new thread over rule that?

I've never requested art in a draw thread before and I don't wanna be rude.

If you have a request in the dead thread, bring it over to this one whenever you want, but it resets your wait timer to 24 hours from the time of reposting.

Sounds lovely.

OR of this whole mess here, and while on the one hand Julia was never a painter, we could chalk it up to your whole piece being a recurring dream of Charlotte's? I like your idea so far and hate to change it.

I don't suppose the lovely drawfriend who was working on my Night Elf blacksmith request is still around?

Bump from last thread

Hi, I'd like to request a piece with two Inquisitors walking and talking.

On the left of my reference picture, we have a male Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos. He would dressed similar to in the picture(minus the damage) with short cropped black hair and would be talking animatedly about the staff(again in ref) that he's holding in front of him. He is completely oblivious of his companions anger.

On the right, we have a female Witch Hunter of the Ordo Hereticus. Again she should be dressed similar to ref, with long red hair, idly holding a plasma pistol and glaring at her companion with a mix of mistrust and anger.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hey guys, I've got a new character I'm playing and I was hoping to get some art done for her. She's a classic mailman sorcerer, aka lots of shooting blasts and fireballs and rays etc. I'm pulling lots of inspiration from Samus Aran, and encouragement from the GM. She's a bounty hunter from a big city, tracking down a missing fugitive, where she runs into the current party.

She is in a leather outfit, but enough of it covers and shrouds her body that you can only really see part of her face, similar to pic related. I added some pics of Samus' suit drawn a few ways for reference and inspiration. Larger pauldrons can be added to match her classic look, but aren't required. I would only request that her right hand have a gauntlet inlaid with a magic gem (used as her arcane focus) which she uses to cast her spells from. I guess the arm's a bit closer to Ezreal than Samus, but it would be weird having a literal cannon strapped to her arm.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Eh to be honest, I was going to do two versions.
One with the painter(still don't know if it's going to be a lady or a crossdressing dude) and one according to "canon".

Does he really have that same tattoo on forehead? Noticed his ears are cut too.

Already have. I won't bump it, but I'm requesting the greaser punk TIE Fighter Pilot.

Oh okay, I see. Well, from a strictly canonical standpoint she's obviously gay which is not illegal in this setting, just not widely accepted, especially being the only child of a nobleman, but if you want to do something different for the painter story, then I obviously can't/won't stop you.

Requesting this guy as a medieval bard with a hurdy gurdy. He doesn't have tattoos, but he's sat against some rubble looking quite sad as he plays a tune on his instrument. In front of him there's a small fire, in which he's burning the last of his drugs.

DESU, it's more that I already don't have a lot of experience, so I'd like to stick to what I know best. But don't worry, I'll do both version to the best of my abilities.

Now, I've started the painter version so I'm gonna keep doing it until I finish it, but it might take some time anyway.
I'll continue tomorrow.

Original Requestor popping in to say go ahead on!

thread bump

also is shit gettin lewd tonight?

update

Badass, user. I wish I could learn to draw like that.

I am not the artist but I have been practicing. It's a learnable skill. Stop wishing and start drawing every day. There are so many resources and tutorials online to help you learn.

Reposting my request for a picture of my berserker barbarian who was boiled alive as a baby, raised by giants, and taught to make primitive stone weapons instead of superior steel weapons as a joke.

Specifically, I neant digitally. I can draw pen/paper just find, but when I try to use a tablet, my fingers turn into worms.

I've Reached my tether with this one. Can't render it in a way I'm happy with. This is how it shall stay, sorry the colour didn't work out.

What Said still applies word for word. I was frustrated immensely for ages learning to draw digitally. Endure the wiggly worms and practice till you get gud.

Looks absolutely stunning, drawanon. That hairstyle has been immensely popular in these threads as of late...

Are you hanging out for requests user? I've been waiting to see you ITT again.

Cool af, glad that dude got a delivery.

Wanted to experiment with some more dynamic posing. Who wants this to be their character?

Thank you. I've been faffing about with this piece for about 10 threads. I'm pretty sure I started the hair thing!

Damn, that's amazing as hell.

Updating my request from last thread: I would like the girl in pic related, as a holy mage, without the crown and with scrolls and spellbooks hanging from her belt. She would be wielding a holy weapon where one end is a circular design, and the other is a Dragon Age-style blade, similar to the reference in pic related.

Really cool, nice to see such a detailed delivery.

And is right, when I mentioned the haircut in my original request last week your work was my exact reference for it. It was exactly what I needed.

Going to bed soon, Might be scribbling again tomorrow. Depends on how I feel after work.

:D

I would love to have you do mine, if you only replaced the gun with a glowy gauntlet with a gem in the palm!

OR here, thank you very much! It's still a lot more than I was expecting, and all the expressions are an extra bonus. You put a lot of attention in your work, and it's really cool to see you practice through your deliveries.

Please get started on someone else's request before I get greedy and ask you change that semi to a revolver.

Could you make it a shadowrun elf? platinum blonde ponytail bound high on the back of the head, jeans, and a untucked dress shirt/sweatervest?. Probably scowling and gritting her teeth while shooting? She also has a datajack and a disguised left cyberarm but those are less important. Face and hair colour like pic related but a ponytail

I'd love it if you could thanks

He literally asked "who wants this to be their character," I'm not begging. Sorry if you've been waiting around for a while, but I'm not going to turn down a potential delivery if someone offers it to me.

bumping cause i'd like to see this

Not enough people see the fun inherent in using a lance as a weapon.

Honestly I started it and everything else on paper, if you learn layer masks rendering gets 37 times easier digitally.

Matt Kohr gives AMAZING tutorials on digital painting for concept art, I WISH I was that good now, but if I practice I might get kinda close.

gfxxtra.com/456/216895-tuts-premium-digital-painting-for-concept-art-with-matt-kohr.html

This really helped me out.

Could someone please draw the guy on the right but with a tower shield and coloured like the girl on the left.
That's fur around his shoulders, so colour that white/light brown please.
If you could make the armour quite light in colour (so it looks well maintained) that would be great.
I'd like the pteruges coloured black with light grey/silver studs.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, that's my bad. I didn't see that part of the artist's post.

Gonna try to redraw crossbow, clean, color and shade it tomorrow.

It's looking good, user.

OR here, kudos to ya Drawfriend. May your drawhands remain forever steady.

I think i have failed said challenge

Taking simple/unsettling requests, i guess.

Nah dude, that looks like about what I meant. If I were you, I'd ignore the "too many X" requests for a while and broaden your skills.

Draw a king, consumed by his desire for knowledge of and about the power of dragons.

Play Dark Souls 3 lately?

thank you user.

but i already drew consumed king oceiros

Well, yes, but there are other types of consumption, of course. I'm sure it can't match Ocelotte, and his father, of course, at least in spectacle, but a kingdom driven to ruin over a mad king's obsession can be unsettling.

But user, sometimes the monster that wears the skin of man is the most terrifying of all.

A huge grimoire with guts coming out of it.

Do you have any specific directions you want to work in getting better, user, so I could request in that direction? I like your stuff, and I steal a lot of it for my shameless eldritch ripoffs in campaigns.