Have you ever been kicked out of a group?

Have you ever been kicked out of a group?
Justly or unjustly, what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chick_Tracts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I ended up being jettisoned from an entire gaming circle over a clusterfuck of a relationship and various things, but there are a few key episodes which led to me being kicked from a specific group.

It started in a game I was running, where I told a player that, no, I don't follow the rules of the game as explicitly written, because I'm the GM. The rules are guidelines at best, and I will modify them freely if I think it makes the game experience better. I was not being a dick about it, just having stuff PCs did not work or any such stuff. I just added a few extra abilities to some generic, mook enemies to make them more interesting to fight. And said player, who was my romantic partner at the time, utterly flipped his shit.

He was also running a game I played in, and I was astonished in the next session when he said that he couldn't trust me not to break the rules as a player. Because I was willing to twist them as a GM. Thus, he was going to pay extremely close attention to me and watch my every move for cheating. By this point, I was pretty sure he'd boot my ass if I made a single mistake, so I got bored, said 'fuck it' and left. The relationship collapsed shortly afterwards, and I ended up completely abandoning a community I'd been part of for a few years by that point. So that was fun.

why did you say it was fun?
it sounds like it wasn't...

Dry British sarcasm. It's a coping thing. I know it rarely comes off well online, but it's easier to deadpan mock something than actually think about it or let the emotions affect you.

I have not been kicked out of a group. Since I'm the DM, 9 out of 10 times, I end up dropping the group because they suck.

I have specifically kicked out one player, though.

I have never been kicked or dropped from a group.
I have seen several players ejected before in my play experience.

Can't get kicked out of something that doesn't exist.

I haven't, and I've even tried a few times. Although one time there was a case where either the group fell apart or they kept playing and didn't tell me, but that was one of the groups where I was trying to get them to drop me so I didn't care. They've also invited me to new games since, so I'm guessing that game fell apart. They're all friends so it's hard to say no to playing with them but their games just fucking suck so bad. I never tried to get kicked out by doing stuff in game, I just pretended to have too busy of a schedule to play so that they would choose to play without me. If only it ever worked.

I cucked the DM, also got my best friend kicked out too but we started a new group with blackjack and hookers

I got thrown out for playing a crazed zealot of god too well, GM said I was the best guy in the group but everybody else was worried I was off my rockers. I AM but that's besides the point.

Haha, poofter!

I don't know what game you were playing specifically but I play pathfinder and what you did was kinda the point of a DM or at least the way I learned. You change things to make the game a better experience whether it's changing a role or modifying an enemy or even completely disregarding a written rule if the game will play better that way

>we started a new group with blackjack and hookers
Leave out the blackjack and you'll be in business.

Never been kicked, but I'm a forever DM and never wanted to branch out to more people. Combination of severe burn out and anxiety.

Haven't been kicked out myself, but as DM have had to kick out a total of four players over the years. Three of them for constantly making irredeemable edgelord PCs, and one for intentionally shitting up the game to protest.

Two of the former have since reformed and been invited back to other campaigns, while the other two still have attitude problems so I doubt they will ever be tolerable.

I must admit though that I didn't exactly handle the aforementioned situations perfectly myself, our group has a big problem with giving and receiving criticism so these problems tend to escalate until they become insurmountable.

i willingly left the group because I got sick of D&D/PF because they wanted to do sessions daily

I joined in a pirate game on Roll20 once. This was around the time the PF book with the Occult classes came out. At some point in the conversation, I mentioned interest in the occult, since that's what I'm interested in. The DM pressed the question, saying he'd NEVER allow Occult classes in his game. I corrected him, saying I wasn't mentioning the Occult classes, but the Occult in general, as I'm interested in Paganism. He then kicked me from the group, as he was "A devout Christian who didn't feel comfortable having a pagan in his game".

[s] I still have yet to quench my thirst for a pirate game [/s]

lmao he sounds like a rare find on roll20 desu

Wait a 'devout Christian' was running a fucking pirate game? I.. What?

It has all sorts. I'm in a Castles and Crusades game with a bunch of fucking druids and wiccans.

The rules are written on paper, not in stone. They are meant to be altered as the GM sees fit. You did the right thing.

Excellent. You sound like a great person to be around. Honest too!

I got fired as a GM when I was first learning because I made an edgy DMPC Gary Stu to the max and didn't understand what was wrong. Fast forward a zillion years later I now GM again, and use said Gary(now a much better NPC) as a recurring villain in every game that my current players actually enjoy beating the shit out of every time we start a new campaign.

No, because most of my fellow players are american and apparently just telling it like it is they are passive agressive about it and expect me to leave.

I had sex with one of the players from our group. When I returned from college, said player and the GM were dating.

GM detected an awkwardness from the player, who mentioned our intimacy. Was kicked the next day because "It's for the best. I gotta maintain the integrity of the group."

I was being an edgy faggot who wouldn't play nice with the rest of the team the first time my friends and I tried a TTRPG together in high school. I was booted after session 4 and I probably deserved it. The game in question immediately imploded because despite my faggotry I was the one organizing everything on a weekly basis.

A couple of them started up a new group later and invited me back, lesson learned. I now actually have too many groups asking me to play and I've had 2 separate DMs tell me I'm one of the best team players they've ever had and one of the better roleplayers. It was probably a good thing in the long run because I learned from it.

Chaotic neutral, not even once.

American.

They don't know what 'devout' or 'Christian' mean.

I'm just so fucking confused.

>Remaining members of barbershop quartet harshes disgraced tenor in song.

I was forced to leave a group because another player was much better at roleplaying than I am (specifically, I have trouble finding the exact words my character, who is not me, would say), and he felt he wasn't being "rewarded" enough for his "effort" in PC-to-PC dialogue. As though it were a job or a contest!
Our characters all had the same total stats and were scheduled to get plot-relevant upgrades over the course of 5 to 10 sessions, so there's no innocent way to interpret that. He wanted special treatment proportional to word count.
Apparently the GM was on my side and tried to defend me in private chat, but it came down to an ultimatum, and this was the only way to keep the game going.
I'm still a bit discouraged about roleplaying and haven't looked for a new group since then. I hope you're happy.

I'm confused too. Do you think Christians cannot play the parts of fictional sinners or nonchristians?

If they are a 'devout Christian' I'm surprised they are playing in the first place.

Grow up.

Why? I've been told that I am a "super devout" Catholic (I just go to mass every Sunday and go to confession on occasion), but I still enjoy role playing.

There was a big thing in the 80s where a bunch of fundamentalist christian groups (mostly in the US I would add) were trying to get D&D banned as "satanic" and unholy and other such words saying it encouraged devil worship and evil acts and wiccanism and it was a cult and yada yada yada

If you haven't noticed, Veeky Forums tends to hold grudges, don't worry about it man

My mom is fairly young and still buys the Focus on the Family rhetoric, I can't have a conversation with her anymore without contemplating my immortal soul

Never. We've had people quit or drop out, but never had to boot.

I was permanent GM once and I got really bored of it and stopped organizing shit. After about two months everyone in the group left and started a new one without telling me. I don't think I was necessarily in the right because I didn't actually played my role but nobody offered to pick up being gm until they left.

It doesn't come up a lot in my house. Mom's side is Protestant, Dad's is various flavours of atheist/agnostic. I'm an atheist but also a history student so I know more about Catholicism that most other people I know, even if I mostly know the history and not the beliefs or doctrine.

As I said don't worry about it, here's a link that sums up Veeky Forumss total knowledge on the issue
>1d4chan.org/wiki/Chick_Tracts

Most people don't understand the diversity of belief within any given faith and so you got lumped in with this kind stuff

>be me
>be devout Christian
>be dm'ing game on Roll20
>awesome game about pirates, with subtle hints of Christian themes, don't know if players are catching them
>new player joins the crew
>like, one session in mentions Occult, the new classes that have been released
>mention offhandedly that I wouldn't allow them in the campaign
>player looks extremely butt hurt
>player corrects me, he's talking about actual occult, Wicca, etc, etc
>casually laugh, say that's weird and not my personal tastes
>player flips the table, scream REEEEEEEEEE and storms out of the house

The game is still running pretty smoothly without him.

I made a joke about the military. That's all it took. The GM is a fiercely patriotic Murican and took it as a personal insult, gave the group an ultimatum and kicked me out, followed by two others who realised anything they said could put him into a triggered rage.

What was it

Something about laziness. It was a couple years ago, so I can't remember exactly.

He might be a poof, but you're an enormous faggot.

5 to 10 sessions is waaaay too long. Meaningful progress should happen every 3 sessions, at least.

That's a weak effort even by the low standards of reverse greentext storying.

Yanks are touchy about that kind of thing. In a vidya clan I made a joke on teamspeak about British tanks having to worry more about Yank airstrikes than the Iraqis did, and a couple of them flipped their shit over that. Nothing they could do those, so I just wallowed in their arse-agony until they got tired out.

Not from a group, but I did get banned from MTGSalvation multiple times, the last one being permanent.

What's the point without story time?

US friendly-fire jokes are so plentiful you could trigger the entire population twice over.

Salvation guy here.

First time was for saying that someone needed to see a shrink for implying that me proxying cards was hurting his self esteem.

Second was for calling someone a permavirgin. He totally was so lmao @ his life

Honestly though, fuck that site. The discussions I've seen about how "Jace is a bad character" are enough to make any actual writer pull their hair out

Flips the table and storms out of the house on a Roll20 game???

I think its just difference in humor. Yanks don't seem to make fun of themselves as much.

Never seen a player kicked out for ingame antics but one guy got booted for an amazing racist/moon lizard rant on facebook

I left a group because everyone there werent really fun to be around
was extra hard because they had been my only friends for a few years but it was for the best
now i look for GURPS games on roll20 and game finder its not going well

It was his own table.

I hope his laptop is alright.

Not kicked out but I have been in a group that went through what could be called a schism. That Guy drama happened, half of us got fed up with it and called him on it the other half called us ass holes, we split off, got new players to fill the gaps and all lived happily ever after.

Jace is a bad character tho'

I expressed displeasure that what I had been told would be dnd set in the modern world had quickly turned into a furry rpg with 5 year old sex goddesses and magical realms everywhere.

I was informed I was no longer welcome after I left immediately after aforementioned lolis.

I've heard two of the former group members are in jail for cp, now, so I'm not exactly upset.

>PC has a ability which does X
>GM says "no it doesn't work"

Truly annoying. You are trash, faggot.

It is a very low-tier bait, that only worked once back in the 1960s--I mean, late '00s.

Stop triggering me you commie terrorists I'll call the cops on you I swear to Jeb!

Got suspicious about some claims the group admin made about his life,skipped 2 grades kind of thing, and prodded him a little bit. Got defensive, and had me kicked in the end, official reason being that i was annoying him. Well to be honest i was too blunt and aggressive in prodding what he said, so it was my fault

I've never been kicked.. but I've kicked a few. No terribly interesting stories among those. More interesting is the player who quit because of me... well... in his opinion, anyway.

Fading Suns, both playing nobles from competing houses. I had a conversation with him, with the GM present, about us competing within the game. He seemed cool with it so off it went.

Unfortunately, his idea of competing was to be a big, righteous asshole who made baseless accusations that were easy to disprove. Mine was to be an insidious asshole who planted seeds here and there until I was ready to spring my move... and when it happened, he was completely overcome... and he quit and walked out in the middle of the session. The GM looked at me with his mouth agape and neither of us could believe that, after the discussion and both of us agreeing to a friendly competition, that he'd react like that.

Game got better. Haven't missed him since.

I once had to kick my best friend out a game we'd been playing for three some odd years at that point.

The guy was (and still is) a genuinely nice guy... most of the time. He cracks funny jokes when appropriate, didn't hog the spotlight, and played nicely with the NPCs ad the storyline. He was the perfect player from a storyline perspective. Any plot hook no matter how contrived, he would grab that thing by the gills and not let go until you had run it to its completion at which point he would happily gloat over the defeated villain and move on to gobble up the next plot thread.

The problem was everything else. The guy could not, would not, refused to learn the rules of the game. This was 4e D&D and in those three years we reached low paragon levels and every single time the party leveled up he needed personal one on one coaching on how to level up again. We tried pointing him to the chart. We tried explaining it carefully. It never worked. If you just let him run off and do his own thing he would goof it up somehow. Sometimes it was to his benefit but just as often it was to his detriment so we just had to deal with that. More than that he never got the hang of 4e powers or, despite the fact that he was playing a rogue, the idea of sneak attacks. Mechanically he was a useless drag on the party and was famous for getting the party in troubles that they would then have to fight there way out.

(cont)

Then came the skeleton cave.

The party was hunting his evil wizard whose secret lair was inside of an unassuming cave. After the PCs had fought their way past the umber hulks popping out of the walls of the natural cavern they discovered a secret entrance to the wizard's lair and some cages popped down from the ceiling to trap them while skeleton archers appeard to shoot at the caged players while a few with good reflex defenses had managed to not get trapped and tried to save the others. During the fight this guy's character got incapped (as he often did) and had to be stabilized by the party ranger (as he often did) played by my then girlfriend. Now, for several weeks leading up to this point he had suggested to me that he believed the ranger's character was attracted to him. The ranger was a female eladrin Roy Greenhilt knockoff, but what this guy didn't know was that the ranger's player had decided said character was gay and possibly had hots for the party's tiefling cleric, but none of that is important. All you need to know is my girlfriend was rezzing his character and he wanted her character to fall in love with his. Oh, did I forget to mention he was really bad at distinguishing between in-character actions and out-of-character ones?

(cont)

After the fight he basically opened his heart to her character, insinuating that she must love him because she kept healing him. I don't recall exactly what she said back to him as it was many years ago but it was more than a flat rejection. She broke his fragile little heart in game and then stomped on the pieces and started going off out of character on how he was a useless piece of shit that never added any value to the party and was constantly about to get them killed. Something in this triggered the guy and he had his character attempt to attack her character with no IC provocation. At this point the session ground to a halt and I'm having to mediate between my girlfriend and my best friend. I get her to back off of him but he's in full crusade mode now, there's no going back, and he accuses me right there in the middle of the group of playing favorites with the other player because she's my girlfriend and conspiring against him.

Now, I know too many DM's GF stories and I worked hard to make sure that nothing approaching favoritism appeared in my games. If anything, in my quest to be fair, I probably targeted her more than the rest of the group, and thank the stars she never blamed me for it. I think having the monsters constantly put the smackdown on her whenever given the slightest chance was exciting for her or something. So the realization hits me that this just isn't going to work out. It's not the first OOC fight he's picked with other party members and I decided I wasn't going to have him questioning my fairness right there in the middle of the game like that, so I asked him to leave. He threw a fit and nearly flipped the table on the way out but he did go, and after a few minutes of sulking outside and confirming that we weren't going to let him back in I think it finally sunk in.

(cont)

The game is still going by the way. The girl who was my girlfriend still plays in it, but we broke up amicably years ago. My current GF also plays in the game now and good fun is had by all. I still try to keep ties with the guy I kicked and he's told me on numerous occassions that he'd like to play again. I just try to remind him that I don't have anything against him but he's not a good match for that group.

I was never kicked out of a group, but I did leave a group willingly. It just wasn't working out. I've always had a sort of policy where I try and take things atleast a little seriously, get into the RP and feel the character, you know?

They didn't, to put it simply.

The GM allowed ridiculous things. "Oh, this is my level five character from another game, he's an iron golem with a canon for an arm. That's cool, right?" "This is my character from my last game, he has a hat you can reach into and pull out random stuff based on a d20 roll. Oh look, a one! A murderous T-Rex comes out! How fun is that?" "My character is a super powerful succubus who charms people just by being seen by them, no saves, she doesn't get class levels, but she can look like anything she wants to." "My character is his character's sister and uses all the same rules, but her hair is red instead of purple."

My character? A level one monk. Carried a staff. Enjoyed ending conflicts peacefully. We encountered a group of prooobably bandits, who were polite enough. I talked them out of bothering us, and they left. As they were walking away "I roll to shoot one in the back!"

My character left the party and went off adventuring alone, and I left the group. It was just two different playing styles that did NOT mesh, so I got out before anything could actually go wrong, you know?

I've never been kicked out of a group, but I did get blacklisted from one. Long story short..
>running an urban horror campaign
>include demons as enemy of the week
>two players drop the game because God does not approve
>group falls apart
>leave game I was playing with them because I'm pissed and can't play with them anymore
>GM freaks out
>starts badmouthing me behind my back to anyone who will listen
>tells GM in a campaign I want to join that it's her or me
>don't get to play the game
It's like being back in junior high sometimes.

That image is ridiculous, girls don't bully each other.
It's just another neckbeard fantasy.

I have been kicked out, yeah.
>party of three always shat on my dedication to a goddess in the setting
> the party thought it was a good idea to loot a shrine of her
>Gave them a warning
>lolnope
>Rolls were by my side
>two are dead , last one was gravely injured
>she was also the GM gf who was way too obsessed with her character.
>with little resistance, i took her to the altar and gutted her wide upon as a sacrifice/apology for the goddess.
>GM kicked my out, group eventually dissolved within weeks

it was a shitty group t b h

>x is some 10 step loophole that gives the level 3 bard infinite dc 50 check or sleep arrows.
Not that poster, but this is what I rolled with to a game to test the DM and he said it didn't fly and I was perfectly happy with that.

You're an idiot.

>i took her to the altar and gutted her wide upon as a sacrifice/apology for the goddess
See, I was with you right up until this point. This is where you lost my sympathy.

>that it's her or me
>her
>back in junior high
What the fuck did you expect? Women never stop being in junior high.
Where I used to work women acting like it's junior high literally got people killed.

well, they should have stopped being assholes in the first place m8

So, in game, two players characters had a baby. We were on a ship, and they had the baby along to keep it safe from a war that was going on in the continent we'd left.

My character was an imbecile with ridiculous luck, and he rped (and was expected to rp as such) to, among other things, taking orders literally to insane extremes.

While at sea, we were beset by pirates. My character was good with a cannon, so naturally he starts a firing. The husband and party leader tells him to fire all available cannonballs, and when those run out, use anything that will fit in the barrel.

The more demented among you may see where this is going.

During the naval battle, my loony runs out of cannonballs. Then spare chain, harpoons, etc.
He runs around looking for spare ammo while the husband leads and tries to steer and the wife acts as a medic.

He finds the baby.

After nearly being strangled and escorted to the door by the exasperated GM, I ask one last question:

"Did I hit?"

He looked at me for a few seconds, then announced while the pirate captain would eventually physically recover from my final shot, he would never recover mentally.

Then he shut the door in my face.

tl;dr, two of my fellow players had a baby in game, and I got kicked out for firing it out of a cannon at a pirate ship.

Mien fucking sides

I want you to know, I'm babysitting my two year old nephew. It just took me nearly an hour to get him to stop fussing and go to sleep. And now he's awake because I laughed so hard.

Got kicked out of a group for taking to long to type out my actions, being bad at banter, and having no clue how medieval social classes are expected to act (See: being bad at banter).

Because I had almost no good input to the game outside combat situations, I wasn't really having fun since more then half the game's time was spent role-playing.

The GM asked me to leave group after I was late one day and they found out they were having much more fun without me. It sucked all around, but it was totally justified.

Never been kicked, but had to kick a guy once when I was newer at GMing. I was running a short game on roll20 for some new players in our larger group, basically where the party was a squad of Enclave troops in Fallout, clearing out a Vault. Little ol' naive newbie GM me figured "oh, this is a tactical/military game, I can just assign some roles and let the players customize the characters a little, they'll probably stick to typical military-ish characters and it'll all be fine."

4 out of 6 players handed in sheets that were fine. The squad medic was only slightly suspect at first glance, because he'd picked a trait about being able to see ghosts or some shit that was in the fucking rulebook for some reason, and I figured fine, I can handle that, worst comes to worst I just don't give him any ghosts to see. The squad leader character, on the other hand...

The player's first words describing and summarizing the character were "gay dom Enclave captain". The guy had been a little weird in chat up until then, but didn't really pass the shitposting threshold set by the other group members, so warning flags didn't go up. Also being a new GM, I was extraordinarily hesitant to cramp a player's style; I figured if he could have fun with that, then that was what was important. Thus, I let it slide.

As the session began, the squad leader took almost no time being as flamboyant, incompetent, and flirty as possible, going on about getting smashed off-duty and shit like that. The other players are trying to ignore this guy and get on with the dinky little one-shot scenario, and I'm trying to only respond to the "on-topic" stuff he says in an attempt to like /maybe/ give this guy a fucking hint, but lo and behold, squad medic's player decides his character is a pacifist or something, and talks back incessantly to the squad leader, eggs him on with the borderline ERP shit, etc.

I put up with it for three whole sessions before schoolwork relieved me of time and energy to run it

>be dm'ing game on Roll20
>player flips table, screams REEEeEe and storms out of house
>Roll20
>house

yes, I kept mission sessions due to timezone differences and not being awake in time due to exhaustion.

Killed the gm pc twice in another, the same gm pc.

Gm of another kicked me out for "being too autistic" because I wanted to do my own rolls for character gen, another member who was good friends of gm says he does that alot, because he's railroady as fuck and thinks my kind of people will threaten his story. pic related is mfw

Sounds like you should have mediated better. No one should be calling other people a 'useless piece of shit' out of character. It doesn't really matter if you tried hard to make sure you didn't give your SO special attention in game if you're going to take his/her side during the times he/she clearly goes way out of line out of it. Doesn't seem like a scenario where one player would have to get kicked and never return, either, but I don't have all the details, obviously.

In summary, your story paints you as a bad GM.

No, I'm not a cunt/autistic.

90% of these tabletop drama stories could be solved by just not being a little bitch and telling someone what you think straight up

"GM for hire" here. If you smell or are simply a massive tool - there are the doors. Since I can be picky thanks to my "job", I don't have to endure people that ruin the gameplay for everyone else.

nah, user was completely in the right. Unless the goddess wasn't one who'd be down with sacrifices.

If players are gonna fuck with your character, fuck with theirs. Obviously was a shitty group if they kept on giving your character's diety shit and tried to loot a shrine to her

missing sessions*

>Be in high school.
>See ad for game being run by guy
>Guy's brother had bullied my brother for years, didn't like his family.
>Join his game
>Play nice, but.... just...talk...extremely....slowly
>Think Treebeard in the LOTR movies, then go to about half of that speed.
>Would take 15 minutes to have a conversation with an NPC.
>Of course, played a bard so I could maximize the amount of time I spent talking.
>Eventually get thrown out.

I have to say, I deserved it. I'm less of a shit these days.

fucking kek
how long did you get to ruin their game?

>People finding it funny when someone disrupts or outright breaks the game
This is officially That Guy thread now

I lasted 2 and a half sessions, each a couple of hours.

No, never. Maybe because I'm not a cunt. Seriously, most of those drama stories put here could be solved by not being a cunt to each other and just few of them were justified by anything else

I had to kick two people out of the group.

One was a girl that seemed completely uninterested in actually playing and would rather talk to the other girl about make up for hours on end, completely distracting her and intruding on the session.

The other was a friend - was - who I'd been playing with for a while. He got together with the serious rp girl and after that spent more time flirting with her in character than actually playing a game, and then went out of his way to be an abrasive jerk to everyone else in-character and out-of-character in an effort to, I don't know, impress her or something. He never made an effort to learn the rules, his characters were always a little on the randumb side, and he just flat out made no effort to interact with the other characters, not even bothering to pronounce their names correctly and instead giving them all insulting nicknames.

It got bad enough it ruined the little friendship we'd had and earned him nothing but ill-will from the others, including a messy break up with the girl. He was being that guy, ruining everyone else's fun in a weird effort of posturing over his then girlfriend.

As the GM I made the decision to uninvite the make up girl, she clearly didn't want to be there and she took it fine, but the other players voted unanimously in giving the guy the boot.

Of course then the group more or less imploded when the remaining girl spent most of her time bitching about her ex (I really don't care how bad he was at sex, it's not something anyone wanted to know) and another guy used this as an excuse to try and hook up with her (it failed, hard).

Lesson learned? Don't date fellow party members.

>Be me
>Find game on Roll20
>Contact DM to set things up, seems nice
>Gives two hour setting and specifics briefing over skype as we work out a character, hear a little bit about the other players but haven't met them yet
>Spend three days excitedly making notes to myself on how to play character
>DM introduces character to group with plot about them having been framed for murder and trying to clear their name
>Ride along with group, collect evidence to clear character, be very thankful in character
>Stay outside town while rest of party goes in because wanted for murder
>Rest of party unanimously decides to destroy evidence and try to collect bounty on me
>Don't metagame, but disagree
>Am told I'm metagaming for discussing something with the rest of the party I have no knowledge of
>Sit around in character failing perception checks while higher-leveled town guard sneak around behind me
>Shot in back of neck for autokill when I "make a threatening gesture" at sheriff protesting that I'm innocent
>Kicked out of roll20 room
>DM and other players block me
>Three hours and thirty minutes of my life gone learning people are sometimes weirdly shit
>Get on with my life

i know it's Veeky Forums and tabletop players aren't known for their charisma, but most of the "that guy" or "that gm" etc stories I see could also be solved by not being a little beta bitch.

stand up for yourself and if someone in the group is doing something that has no place in the game/group, tell them to fucking stop. It's that simple.

Being forever GM, I'm the one kicking out. Standard and universal reasons incluse:
- being a prick outside character - that's enough to get booted after first game, really
- if not playing Paranoia - trying to justify truly shitty actions against the rest of the players with "but that's what my character would do", which usually means "royally screw up everyone out of the blue"
- poor/lacking personal hygiene of the player
- continously being late and I'm not talking few minutes, but showing up after few hours or when the game is almost wrapped
- being more busy with your book/study/phone/whatever; and don't try sell me some "if you were good GM, that wouldn't happen" - it happens regardless of anything if someone simply is a cunt that wants to "multitask". Two warnings, third - doors.
- rule lawyering combined with powergaming gets tiresome very, very quick, especially when rest of the group is more focused on role-playing, but can still go; however the moment you start to persistently demand things regardless of the answer already given few times - doors.
- just being there, rolling the dice when asked by GM/rest of the group and not taking any particular part in the game aside sitting; now this is special, since it's not about being dick, but about simply not being fully present at the table, if this continues/player is not interested - politely asked to drop.

In short: Don't be a prick, or go find different group. I usually start with 6-7 people when organising new group and then ending up with 4 people of the core group, because I can handle such groups while I know for fucking sure half of them will drop. Call me That GM, but I'm still playing with 3 different groups at different days and nobody of them ever complained after initial sift

The fuck it has to do with my post? That's my entire fucking point. And I never understand the fucking excuse "B-but we are socially inept".
You are playing a motherfucking game with people you barely know and you try to pull "I have no social skills"?! What the fuck.

Talking solves most of the drama. For whatever reason people think that if they start with group that consists of Alice, Bob, Jimmy and Tyrone, they are fucking bound to each other and must just grudgingly take all the shit until it explodes, instead of solving their shit and then playing as Alice, Bob, Tyrone and Mark, since Jimmy was a dick and everyone explained that to him.

jesus settle down bud, I was just adding to what you were saying.

Way back when my family were members of our local Catholic Church the priest got word that my brother and I played D&D somehow (probably overheard is talking about it) and got concerned. So my mom (who was cool with out hobby because she actually raised us to know the difference between a pretend and real violence) got the idea to show him some of the books to put his mind at ease, he figured out pretty quick it was just a pretend game "like Lord of the Rings" with a lot of math (which he even admitted made it kind of educational) and even defended the hobby after that.

He was always a pretty chill dude though.

I've wanted to kick players on occasion but I've never actually done it for one of two reasons.
1) The thing that annoys me about them is not explicitly their fault and I don't want to be an asshole (i.e. there was one woman I wanted to kick because her terrible stutter made her damn-near impossible to understand, plus it really annoyed me)
2) They're old friends and I can't really say "you're not welcome anymore" to friends without losing them.