Werewolves have gotten boring

Werewolves have gotten boring.
How do we make werewolves more interesting?

Each and every one of them is a loli.

Werewolves are always shamanistic animals, until the full moon arises, and they become humans - going to nearby villages and impregnating the females so that they can create more lycans.

Every time they transform, their sanity erodes a little bit more, and there's a risk of them being stuck in that shape permanently.

Switch over to wereboars

Werewolf women have shaved/waxed legs even in wolf form.

This was illustrated in a webcomic called "Theri There," but the website is down.

Depends on the setting.

By going back to basics. By reminding ourselves that being a Werewolf is supposed to be a CURSE not a SUPERPOWER.

Literally only this

What happens when a human female werewolf breeds with a human male weretiger?

You get a wigger.

Watch Brotherhood of the Wolf (the movie that Bloodborne took most of its inspiration from), and then make werewolves cute ōkamimimi with fluffy lupine ears and tails.

The opposite of this. Movie werewolves are cursed, but in folklore werewolves were generally wicked sorcerors who used magic to transform into a wolf and indulge their cannibalistic urges.

I had no idea Bloodborne ended with "surprise, it was a lion in armor all along!"

>make werewolves great again

Return the things that made it a curse
>involuntary transformation
>no control in wolf-mode, just violent rampage
>no memory of what happens in wolf-mode
>murder and eat people you love in wolf-mode
>wake up in a pile of leaves, bones, and entrails, possibly in jail
>get killed by monster hunters
>if word gets out of your affliction, then you get lynched while in normal form

>Oh satan, I beseech thee, make me better at eating people, for though now I am well capable of doing so, in the form of a wolf I would do so much better

What about WereBoers?

Shut up stupid.

>Werewolves have gotten boring.
To you.
>How do we make werewolves interesting.
Subjective answer. You're welcome.
What do you find interesting? Do that.

Werewolves are universally women. The women are constantly pregnant with their wolf form, growing from nothing to full term over the course of the month. At the full moon, the wolf-beast rapidly finishes it's growth and tears it's way from itself/it's mother. The wolf must then eat enough to afford the growth of the woman inside of it, and then she tears her way back out at first light.

It took inspiration in armor, but that's about it.

Most of it comes from Lovecraft. At least in the second half.

Bloodborne took visual inspiration from it, but that's about as deep as the inspiration actually gets there.
However, apparently the next Witcher DLC is taking heavy inspirations from Brotherhood of the Wolf, which of course most reviewers told that by CDProjekt had no idea what that was.

What happens when a human female werewolf mates with a wolf male werehuman?

Turn them into Wherewolves.

They're regular wolves, but you constantly forget where they are.

This is now a possible origin for the Queen in Red and her Huntsmen from a previous thread.

They are the Huntsmen. The court of the Queen in Red.

They are seldom seen directly.

They are rare. Very rare. They is in fact only one place they can be found when they aren't out hunting and that is in the dark forest in an old longhouse half sunk into the earth. The roof is turf and the windows are small and high. It is warm inside because of the fire in the center. There is usually something cooking over the fire. The flames don't seem to illuminate as much as they should and its hard to see the walls.

Tall shapes move in those shadows. Its hard to make them out. You get an impression of something tall and athletic and the eyes reflect the ligh of the fire like those of a beast would. They follow you at all times. There are many eyes in in the dark.

The queen sits at the other end of the hall to the door with the fire between you. She is tall and slender with well toned musculature. Her face is sharply featured and her green eyes are not so much cruel as uncaring. Her hair is red but sometimes silver. Her only clothing is an old cloak the colour of freshly spilled blood and a simple silver pin.

You never see them about in the world. Not properly. Nothing but quick glimpses and only those rarely.

You can buy their services sometimes if you want someone or something dead.

The bodies get torn apart and the bones have gnaw marks on them.

The price for their services is often strange. They have no need for coin but sometimes ask for stories, maps, all your memories before the age of 4, the colour of your hair, a nice meal or someone to fix the roof. Sometimes they don't ask for a price at all.

I would play around with the duality aspect.

Man vs. Savage Nature.

In their human form the werewolf struggles with the duality they possess. Either give into the savage animal within that desires to run on pure, basic instinct, or find a way to control the beast within and maintain a shred of humanity.

The strength of the were creature would be based on how much control the human gives their werewolf side. Giving full control makes the werewolf an alpha among others. Trying to limit or control the beast inside makes the werewolf a beta among the pack.

While going full Alpha gives the werewolf access to strength, agility, and enhanced senses. They don't have the access to the human's intelligence or logic.

Betas can think and figure problems out but don't have to the enchanced strength or hyper senses of the alphas.

>Most of it comes from Lovecraft. At least in the second half.
It's weird because it's Gothic Lovecraft, which usually lie in the opposite direction of one another.
Lovecraftian Horror is usually about how alien things and the unknown disturb us and cause us fear.
Gothic Horror is about how the monster is too much like us for comfort, and represents some of our more base failings as a species.

While Yharnam definitely has a shitload of weird Lovecraftian shit going on, most of the divulged information and info in-game points to ultimately human beings being 100% responsible for every awful thing happening in the city and the Great Ones are more like accidental facilitators at best which explains why almost all are non-hostile at first.

>human beings being 100% responsible for every awful thing happening in the city

How does that track?

He said MORE interesting, adding fap-bait doesn't automatically make anything better.

underrated post

Werewolves are actually hyper-intelligent but prone to fits of rage when transformed. If left to their own devices, a werewolf can produce a lot of useful technology for their local community.

Werebeasts, not limited to just wolves

So the original idea was not a curse but evil people seeking to empower their evil further, makes them make more sense as villains and not tragic victims

The saddest ones are the ones who come clean if they discover it themselves before the town, offering to be lynched by the town for their crimes

Giger? Is that you?

What about those who manage the whole split personality merge?

Unknowingly, the person who kills them inherits the curse.

>ctl+f CofD, WtF, Forsaken, nWoD
>no results
It's like nobody finds playing as magic werewolves who fight demons from animist hell, other werewolves and people possessed by swarms of animal spirits interesting any more

>foppish steampunk werewolves covered in gears

TOO SUBTLE!

I love this

>Gothic Horror is about how the monster is too much like us for comfort, and represents some of our more base failings as a species.
Tbh that's the point of werewolves right there, representing the part of us that causes problems without considering the consequences.
It's like the old saying, "you've got a penis and a brain, and only enough blood to use one at a time" it's not literally true but it is very close to the truth. There's a prefrontal cortex (your human brain) that uses logic and reason to rationally consider the consequences of your actions and whether you'll achieve your long term goals. However, you also have a Limbic system (chimp brain) that ignores the consequences and just wants instant gratification, it's the part of your brain that tells you to sleep in bed longer and makes you miss an important appointment, it gets you in pointless arguments where you achieve nothing by trying to win, it makes you cheat on your spouse in an incredibly obvious way.
Afterwards you're often genuinely confused about why you thought that such an idea was sensible in the first place, or how you keep fucking up with the same mistakes repeatedly.
It's because your limbic system, the werewolf, wakes up and it'll ruin your life if you don't control it.

No we dont

Dunno why, never really thought werewolves were very interesting. Kinda liked them in Underworld, but that's it really.

Get back to your containment thread with your Chronicles of Social Justice.

Whooooosh

What if instead it was like an STD and could spread the curse by sex?

why

Werewolves overcompensate and more fully embrace their civilized human side. Werewolf society having lots of unspoken and codified rules, committees and a tricameral legislature, a king, president, and prime minister.

South Africa. There Boers

Too doubles 4u

That's actually a really neat idea. The real curse of being a Werewolf is having to deal with the red tape it requires to do anything.

Bloodborne didn't take any inspiration from that shitfest, it took inspiration from 18th/19th century fashion in general.

Tricorn =/= Bloodborne

does desu work again now?

So Worgen, basically.

>Every time they transform, their sanity erodes a little bit more, and there's a risk of them being stuck in that shape permanently.
That's pretty good to be honest. Depending on the ruleset of course.

My suggestion, every time they transform, their sanity erodes a little more, and there's a risk of them going insane :Lovecraft:

How have werewolves gotten boring? They're barely the focus of any fiction anymore and literally every story they are the focus of does shit completely different.

user's probably upset they've been getting so much screen time. Twilight, Lost Girl, Bitten, Being Human, etc.

There are hundreds of beasties in the MM. If werebeasts don't appeal to you, don't use them. If werebeast plot hooks don't interest you, don't follow them.

how about if the werewolf curse only effected wild wolves, every fullmoon affected wolves absorb the soul of a deceased human & then transform into that human.
The human will appear as they did when they were the same age as the wolf (once you convert dog years to human years) & they retain all of their knowledge & memories they had when they died.

if there are a lot of cursed wolves then the people of the nearby villages could probably use this as an excuse for a festival & party with the deceased every full moon

metal af

>Frazetta

The GOAT. Oiled up Vallejofags can get fucked by the master of fantasy composition.

If Worgen were more like pic related, I might actually like them.

Multiorgan tumor that slowly "transforms" the body, slowly killing the victim. If the disease won't kill you (good luck with that), then you are still slowly changing into a mindless beast. A literal beast, meaning slightly oversized wolf.

This way you cut out all the "fun" bits of werewolf and leaves pure horror. Because it's a nasty curse that will ruin your life. Thus you are removing the standard magnet for all kinds of no-lifes that would love to play this - there is nothing to play now and no fun in it. It's a death ticket.

>Lion
It wasn't a lion in the film, user. Nice you've paid that little attention to miss the part when they say it was some strange creature from darkest parts of Africa and most definitely NOT a lion

How do you like your transformations, Veeky Forums?

American Werewolf in London painful, physical mutations? Or more folkloric ones, ritualistic transformations like the application of ointment and wolfskin?

>Unknowingly, the person who kills them inherits the curse.

I don't like it. If you want that person infected for the story, then you could just have him get bitten by the werewolf by accident.

This.

Had similar thing going in my homebrew. Basically lycantropy worked like a disease. Each full moon the patient was going all werewolf, but in the same time cancer was starting to eating away the body. Each time after full moon, some traces were remaining. More and more of them, while the beast form during the full moon was also getting less and less humanoid.
After certain point the patient in human form was deranged mess of randomly picked human and wolf bits, absolutely unable to function properly and on its own, while the werewolf form was in the end a massive wolf.
If the patient didn't die out of the body going through absurd changes (try to sustain a body with half of the organs that don't match) and for whatever reason didn't commit suicide, the final effect was a wolf twice the size and with intelligence of a really well-trained dog.
For good.

Personally I liked the way it was handled in Van Helsing, with the werewolf literally ripping its way through the human skin.

That movie was a fucking trainwreck, but it was the best kind of trainwreck.

>I-I was only pretending to be retarded!

>tfw I really enjoy this movie

The sets and art design were great fun, and the tie-in game had no right being as good as it was.

I just realized you're right, holy shit.

It's really one of my favorite movies. I wouldn't call it "good", but it seemed like everyone involved had so much fun making it that I can't hate it. Plus I'm a sucker for old-school gothic horror.

Transgender Werewolves

Go with Robert E. Howard werewolves.

Demons that used to posses wolves and turned them into monsters to fuck humans up, but then humans killed off those monster wolves so now the demons possess any suitable vessel, humans being most convenient.

Also if you kill the host while it's fully possessed the demon jumps to you because you're a worthier vessel.

Byrgenwerth, but especially the Churche, for mucking about with the blood of Gods/going Unit 731 on the Fishing Hamlet caused the spread of the Beast Plague (through cursed/tainted blood) and likely called the Great Ones to "Earth"

tl;dr Fear the Old Blood. For God's sake, Laurence, fear it

Werewolves are a myth. The reality is a lot worse.

Do enlighten us.

Were-centipedes.

Lycanthropes are smalltime compared to entomanthropes.

Image not for the squeemish.

>loli
>fap bait

Fucking pedophiles man.

no he said WereMoors

>46905144
Seconding this, also placing them in a low-fantasy setting like Conan where a magical giant wolf the size of a shetland pony that can't be killed by normal weapons is a horrifying and unstoppable creature that can only be killed by direct group action (insert picture of hundreds of peasants killing a dragon here) or a straight up HERO with a special sword or some shit.

Also, make them weak to something other than silver so your players don't metagame. Use the blood of hanged men or something like that, or "WolfsBane" but nobody knows what plant it is or where to find it. It's in the Werewolfs den, sleeping there is the only way for the sorcerer to change back for example.

More Were- forms, but stupider

WereSlime
WereMoth
WereOctopus
WerePidgeon
WereStoat
WereYak
WereWere

Start using other kind of wereanimals.

They're scared of vacuum cleaners and distracted by frisbees.

I like the idea of making it more tragic, more of a curse than a superpower. Make it analagous to substance addiction. The sufferer can choose to become a werewolf whenever they want. Maybe they drink a potion, or use a magic spell, or just allow themselves to stare at the full moon. But almost every time they transform, it's by choice. And much like when under the influence of certain drugs, they retain some degree of self control, but it is hampered by an increasing bloodlust boiling away inside them. Eventually, they give in to their animalistic urges, mauling and raping in a feral rage. But with just enough of themselves left inside of them to sort of "rationalise" their actions in the heat of the moment. If someone were to ask the werewolf why he just murdered that innocent man and ate his entrails, he reply "because I was hungry". And of course, when the effect wears off and the sufferer transforms back into a human, they'll remember most of it, as if it was in a drunken haze, and that's when the guilt will set in. But try as they may, they just can't stop doing it. They'll become addicted to the rush, to the freedom of being powerful and wild and letting go of all their social and moral inhibitions. Now that's a curse.

For a setting I was working on, I made a new take on werewolves. The actual, true werewolves are not beasts, they are spirits. Humans cursed by nature spirits for pissing them off. Every full moon, the human would transform into the spirit of the wolf, which ended up being a mass of some element or piece of nature, the most common being air spirits, thus werewolves most common appearance are giant banks of fog with a wolf head and the occasional paw. These true werewolves have control of their mind, but are veered heavily towards beastly thoughts. The normal werewolf, big, hairy, fanged beasts, are actually lesser werewolves, created via a person ingesting some part of the true werewolf, and being cursed by lycanthropy. These lesser werewolves have no control of themselves, but will follow the command of the true werewolf.

Where wolf???

They shed everywhere.

In an old campaign setting
Lycanthropy was a curse, once that shows up in a tiny percentage of humans naturally. The kingdom has developed a way to detect lycanthropy in newborns and takes them away. They are then trained to control their abilities. Those that can't are painlessly executed. The ones who pass go on to become the royal guard of the King, his royal guard dogs.

Hell, most of the Great Ones don't seem to be harmful except by accident.
Rom actively concealed Yharnam from the maddening affects of the Hunter's Moon.
Mergo died stillborn and when asked to grant the School of Mensis eldritch knowledge they wanted it granted it, though being frail humans their brains immediately got fried.
Kos never seems to have done ANYTHING except die and have her child taken and dissected.

>loli
>short for lolicon
>japanese contraction of Lolita complex
>Lolita complex - sexual attraction to prepubecent girls who have sexualised behaviors
The term loli specifically refers to sexualised little girls you asshat.

I just want werewolf lore were it makes you go into heat desu

Also, I've yet to see attractive female werewolves

Liru

I mean she's cute but she's just an anime girl with some animal attributes, I want something that's a convincing wolf form that manages to be attractive without becoming grotesque, but no relying on furry tropes.

"Hey, there kid. Sorry, I had to take over your body real quick. I'm so hungry."

"What? What the heck? Where am I? Did that wolf just talk?"

"Oooh, yeah. Look, you're new to this, let me clue you in. I'm you... the other you... the beast, I guess you could say. I'm your Id, given form by the curse."

"Curse?"

"What, you think you're gonna get in a fight with a slightly-humanoid tiger and just walk away unscathed?"

"He took a chunk out of my arm!"

"Trust me, that's kinda unscathed kid. Anyways, look, we've got two ways we can work this. One: you treat me like a curse and a horrible burden and I'm gonna pop out every month or so on the full moon and eat everything not tied down, living or pre-cooked."

"Option two?"

"You pat me on the head, say good boy, and we become partners. I'll keep you safe, you keep me fed."

"So... constantly switch you in to let you eat?"

"Ooooor, give into the instinct! Eat what you want, run with the wind, grab that Carmella and show her what a werewolf can do in the sack!"

"But I'm dating Cindy."

"Alphas get all the girls, mate. Cindy AND Carmella. Think about it. Oh, and while you're thinking, you might want to think up a good alibi for this meal we're having."

"Why? What is it?"

"Your abusive step-dad."

"Oh."

ur a furry

no it's a transformation and mind break fetish sue me

You get were-chihuahuas that yelp like hyenas in combat.

fuck, I hate those things. So much. I don't get how they could drop the ball that hard.
>"Look, a good design."
>"too pretty, change it"
>"okay, how about this?"
>"what the actual fuck, blizzard? CHANGE IT BACK"
>"too late, we're shipping in a week"
>"FUUUUCK"

You see the ne Jungle Book yet? The animals look realistic as shit for being cgi and yet on top of that, they have very human faces that are expressive as hell

what I'm saying is Raksha is prime WILF

Animals with human eyes is just uncanny.