/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

My Head or Yours! Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/g5rf6xtd1z38pfi/Osprey - ELI 074 - Privateers and Pirates 1730-1830.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1qh4fav0gkj4aow/Osprey - MAA 352 - The United States Army 1783-1811.pdf
ospreypublishing.com/the-wars-of-the-barbary-pirates-pb
ospreypublishing.com/the-wars-of-the-barbary-pirates-to-the-shores-of-tripoli-the-rise-of-the-us-navy-and-marines-ebook
ospreypublishing.com/american-light-and-medium-frigates-1794-1836
ospreypublishing.com/american-heavy-frigates-1794-1826
ospreypublishing.com/on-the-seven-seas
ospreypublishing.com/decatur-s-bold-and-daring-act-the-philadelphia-in-tripoli-1804
mediafire.com/download/9xxzdx9568ga3gj/A Fistful of TOWs 3 v01-20.pdf
mediafire.com/download/0gcmj43xvamp4fb/On the Seven Seas (Pirate Skirmish).pdf
mediafire.com/download/d1p5rrrn81z6b80/Osprey - NVA 079 - American Heavy Frigates 1794-1826.pdfhttp://www.mediafire.com/download/1v30k4m3yb5bb9j/Osprey - RAID 022 - Tripoli 1804.pdf
mediafire.com/download/bvw9p0w35o863up/Osprey - NVA 147 - American Light and Medium Frigates 1794-1836.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wwyc1bbgx1y6svq/Sharpe Practice v2.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-M1
mediafire.com/download/1v30k4m3yb5bb9j/Osprey - RAID 022 - Tripoli 1804.pdf
wargamevault.com/product/181483/Chevauchee-Medieval-skirmish-campaigns?src=slider_view
mediafire.com/download/wr55zn689ph9heq/Osprey - ELI 090 - Heroines Of The Soviet Union 1941-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/lrod61hon11jthq/German Armored Trains on the Russian Front 1941-44.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandra_Samusenko
mediafire.com/download/a50b144x0gd23bn/Women Warlords.pdf
mediafire.com/download/rl7kfgq12t2k3gk/Osprey - MAA 498 - The Spanish Civil War 1936-9 (2) Republican Forces.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=uqccaYkr0E8
youtube.com/watch?v=3MtoLr6EQY0
youtube.com/watch?v=cHcunREYzNY
youtube.com/watch?v=iihnfrk6fjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HON-9Z1Greo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!s9xTTDpQ!CasEjRETeqZsJ5LOzYrJdg
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Ronin
mediafire.com/download/m8xke04pc3hne2k/Ronin.pdf
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Germany Strikes!

26th April in Military History:

1478 – The Pazzi family attack Lorenzo de' Medici and kill his brother Giuliano during High Mass in the Duomo of Florence.
1607 - English colonists land at Cape Henry, Virginia.
1777 - Sibyl Ludington rides 40 miles to alert American forces to the approach of the British.
1802 - Napoleon signs a general amnesty allowing all but ~1000 of the most notorious émigrés of the French Revolution to return to France, as part of a reconciliary gesture with the factions of the Ancien Régime and to eventually consolidate his own rule.
1805 - A force of mercenaries and US Marines capture Derne in Libya during the first Barbary War.
1865 - Confederate general Joseph E. Johnston surrenders to William Sherman at the Bennet Place near Durham, NC.
1865 - Union cavalry troopers corner and shoot dead John Wilkes Booth in Virginia.
1937 - During the Spanish Civil War, Guernica is bombed by the Luftwaffe.
1943 - The Easter Riots break out in Uppsala, Sweden.
1944 - Georgios Papandreou becomes head of the Greek government-in-exile, based in Egypt.
1944 - Heinrich Kreipe is captured by Allied commandos in Crete.
1945 - The Wehrmacht initiates the Battle of Bautzen, Germany's last succesful tank offensive of WWII.
1945 - Captured Filipino and US troops held in Baguio City are liberated, they then help fight Japanese forces under General Tomoyuki Yamashita
1954 - The Geneva Conference begins in an effort to restore peace in Korea and Indochina
1960 - The April Revolution in South Korea forces Syngman Rhee to resign. He goes into exile in Hawaii.
1989 - Chinese newspaper People's Daily publishes an infamous editorial, inflaming the Tiananmen Square protests.
2005 - Syria withdraws the last of it's troops from Lebanon, ending a 29-year occupation.

April 27 2016 marks 211 years since the beginning of the Battle of Derne between American and Tripolitanian forces during the first Barbary War.

Between the 15th and 19th centuries, corsairs from the so-called Barbary States (independent Morocco the provinces of Tripoli, Algiers and Tunis, nominally under Ottoman control but largely autonomous) engaged in widespread raiding and slave trading in the Mediterranean. Before the United States' formal independence from Great Britain, US shipping in the region was protected by France. However following the treaty of Paris, this French protection expired and American vessels began to suffer the predations of the corsairs. Spain advised the US to deal with the Barbary States by paying tribute to avoid further attacks. Thomas Jefferson, then US Minister to France, sent envoys to Morocco and Algeria to attempt to purchase treaties and free captured sailors. Morocco was the first Barbary State to sign a treaty with the US on 23 June 1786, however negotiations with Algeria and the other states were less fruitful and piracy against American ships resumed in 1785.

Letters and testimony from captured sailors describes their captivity as akin to slavery, although this had a few marked differences from the slavery practiced in Europe and America at the time. Barbary captives were able to obtain wealth and own property, as well as achieve high status as in the case of James Leander Cathcart who became and adviser to the bey of Algeria. Even so, the majority of captives were doomed to a life of hard labour in pestilent, vermin-ridden conditions. Jefferson now argued that paying tribute would only encourage more attacks. Although John Adams agreed with Jefferson, he believed that the US would have to continue to pay until an adequate navy could be built.

On Jefferson's inauguration in 1801, congress passed naval legislation providing for six frigates (the original six of the US Navy) explicitly for use in the event of war with Barbary to "protect our commerce and chastise their insolence—by sinking, burning or destroying their ships and vessels wherever you shall find them". Shortly after, the Pasha of Tripoli issued a demand for $225,000 from the new administration. Finally given the opportunity to stand up to the corsairs, Jefferson refused to pay. As a result Tripoli declared war on 10 May 1801 by cutting down the flagstaff in front of the US consulate. Notably, Algeria and Tunis did not follow suit and declare war themselves.

For the next several years, war raged in the Mediterranean. In October of 1803 corsairs captured the USS Philadelphia, anchoring it in Tripoli harbour and turning its guns on the Americans. The following year Lt. Stephen Decatur led a famous raid aboard the USS Intrepid, storming the Philadelphia and burning her in an act described as 'the most bold and daring act of the age' by none other than Horatio Nelson. However the United States struggled to win a decisive, conclusive victory. A series of courageous but unsuccesful attacks on Tripoli failed to make much headway and led to the deaths of many sailors. The turning point would come at Derne.

In 1804, former US consul to Tunis, William Eaton was sent to offer the United States' support to Hamet Karamanli, rightful heir to the Tripolitanian throne, which had been usurped by his brother Yussif. Eaton met with the pretender in Egypt and Karamanli proposed to help reinstate him on the throne, the exile agreed to his plan.

The new US naval commander in the Mediterranean, Commodore Samuel Barron, offered Eaton three ships; USS Nautilus, Hornet and Argus under the command of Isaac Hull, as support. Eaton also received a small detachment of 8 US Marines under First Lieutenant Presley O'Bannon. With the help of Karamanli, they recruited about 400 mainly Greek and Arab mercenaries. On March 6 of 1805, Eaton (having designated himself general), led his force on a 600 mile trek across the deserts of Egypt and Libya; Their target was the port city of Derne, capital of the province of Cyrenaica. During the 50-day trek, tensions grew between the christian Greeks and muslim Arabs in the force and several small mutinies threatened the expedition. However by the time they crossed into Libya, Eaton had quelled the rebellions. In April they finally reached Bomba, a port city some miles up the coast from Derne and where Hull's naval support was waiting for them.

On the morning of April 26, Eaton wrote to the governor of Derne Mustafa Bey, asking for safe passage and supply. Mustafa reportedly replied 'My head or yours!'. Following the refusal, Hull's ships opened fire, bombarding the batteries at Derne's coastal fort for an hour. Meanwhile Eatons split his forces into two groups; Karamanli would lead his largely Arab party southwest to cut the road to Tripoli, then attack Derne's left flank and storming the weakly defended governor's palace. Eaton would lead the remaining mercenaries and the marines against the harbor fortress. Eaton also had the support of a cannon brought ashore from Argus, though at one point the careless crew left the ramrod in the tube and fired it downrange. The defenses at the fort proved stronger than expected and Eaton's group was momentarily stalled, however this meant the defenses elsewhere were weakened and Karamanli's group were able to ride into the city unopposed.

Good work user

As Eaton saw his mercenaries become hesitant under enemy fire, he decided a charge was the only way to regain the initiative. Leading from the front, he was wounded in the wrist by a musketball. From the bay, Hull saw the progress being made and ordered his batteries to cease fire to allow the advance to continue. With Eaton wounded, O'Bannon continued the charge and took the fort, raising the US flag for the first time on the East of the Atlantic. Meanwhile, Karamanli's forces seized the governor's palace and secured the western city. Many defenders from the fortress ran into Karamanli's force whilst fleeing through the town. By 4:00 pm the entire city had fallen. The Pasha had not been idle, however. Yussif knew of the attack and sent reinforcements to Derne. By the time they arrived the city had already fallen and Eaton was fortifying his position whilst Karamanli took up residence in the governor's palace. On May 13 the Pasha's army attacked and drove Karamanli's Arabs back, almost recaptuing the palace. Argus and the batteries captured from the fort opened fire and drove the attackers back, by nightfall both sides were back in their original positions. The Pasha's army made several minor attempts to retake the city over the following weeks but were unsuccesful.

Eaton now planned to march across the desert again and take Tripoli, but unknown to him his success had provided key leverage for American negotiators. With an attack on Tripoli looming and the prospect of being deposed by his brother, Yusuf Pasha signed a treaty on June 10 ending the war.

Eaton was furious, according to the treaty the US would still pay $60,000 to release sailors. Eaton felt that his victory could have been used to free all prisoners without ransom. In addition Hamet Karamanli was abandoned by the US and never took his rightful throne, an act that Eaton saw as a black mark on American honour. Eaton's complaints sadly went unheard.

The Battle of Derne features many aspects keenly looked for by wargamers; an exotic setting, colourful uniforms, what-if potential (what if the treaty wasn't signed and Eaton had pushed on to Tripoli?) and a certain degree of swashbuckling adventure.

The nature of the fighting lends itself to skirmish games and small actions due to the relatively small number of men involved.

Sharp Practice (recently in it's new edition!), Song of Drums and Shakos and similar smaller Napoleonic systems could be used to recreate Eaton and O'Bannon's assault on the fortress, or Karamanli's capture and defence of the palace. Earlier-period rulesets such as Gloire, Flashing Steel or Legends of the High Seas could also be used with a little tweaking.

Sadly there doesn't seem to be much in the way of relevant Ospreys for this one, but here's a couple that might be useful.

mediafire.com/download/g5rf6xtd1z38pfi/Osprey - ELI 074 - Privateers and Pirates 1730-1830.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1qh4fav0gkj4aow/Osprey - MAA 352 - The United States Army 1783-1811.pdf

Thanks m8. Took up more posts than I'd have liked due to the damn character limit busting my balls.

On second look, seems like there are Osprey books on the subject (including wargame rules) but we just don't happen to have them.

ospreypublishing.com/the-wars-of-the-barbary-pirates-pb
ospreypublishing.com/the-wars-of-the-barbary-pirates-to-the-shores-of-tripoli-the-rise-of-the-us-navy-and-marines-ebook
ospreypublishing.com/american-light-and-medium-frigates-1794-1836
ospreypublishing.com/american-heavy-frigates-1794-1826
ospreypublishing.com/on-the-seven-seas
ospreypublishing.com/decatur-s-bold-and-daring-act-the-philadelphia-in-tripoli-1804

bmp

Ill see about uploading some of those after work
Thanks for the effort user

For those fellows out there that play 6mm ancients, what is your favourite ruleset? Also if you want or have they time please tell me why.

Hello everybody.

Looking for Sharp practice second edition.

Thank you very much.

Didn't notice this in the Napoleonic or Horse & Musket folders.

I know it's only tangentially related, but are there any historical war games for PC that actually attempt to represent real historical conditions the way that tabletop wargames often do?

Basically, I want to get into them, but it'll be quite a while before I have anyone to play with, so I thought it might be cool to play something on my computer in the meantime.

That's because we didn't have a copy until now! Thanks user.

school me on the attraction of blackpowder era games.

I'm into WW2, sci-fi and not fantasy. Why Napo amongst others?

Spiffy fucking uniforms and ranges on table more closely resembling something in scale?
I'm a navalfag so I'm mostly just speculating

Awesome uniforms, fascinating history and a great deal of complicated tactical nuance.

Yeah it's a budget board, I'm destitute so I bought $2 plastic tablecloths from Kmart and cut up a doormat from Dollar King and some 97c black sandpaper and called it a board. Thankfully my opponent had some buildings.

Does anyone have A Fistful of TOWs? Forgive me if it is somewhere and I can't see it

>A Fistful of TOWs
In the Moderns/Games folder

mediafire.com/download/9xxzdx9568ga3gj/A Fistful of TOWs 3 v01-20.pdf

That doormat idea is bloody brilliant.

Am sold, will be getting myself a print copy.

That big middle doormat was moved from a pretty much unused side of the board to the middle after the farmhouse was destroyed by a Russian Howitzer (with a squad of 8 German Grenadiers still inside).

Fuck. Is that battle being fought on planet namek??

the balls are inert

Does the By Fire and Sword folder only have the main rulebook?

And does anyone have a scan of Napoleon at War?

Surprised you haven't come across it before.

>there are weeaboo manchildren in my /hwg/

>>there are weeaboo manchildren in my /hwg/
noig ebbytig uboud wad was torkig aboud

He propably thinks that dragonball is weeaboo.

>He goes into exile in Hawaii.
oh the horror

tempted. will look into scales.

Those of you who play armies comprised of professional soldiers, how do you decide whether to dress your soldiers in dress or field uniform?

Obviously field uniforms are more realistic, but your armies spend most of the time on the shelf anyway and dress uniforms look nicer.

I don't think that makes me a weeaboo. Pretty sure dragonball was a part of anyones childhood born in the 80s

In any case i was just having a joke about your fluro-green board. Just a joke man... Chill. No harm intended. These threads have gotten less peaceful lately

A pretty weird question, but as my Google-fu failed me...does anyone know a 28mm figure of Alan Turing?

it's just joshing. though DBZ is alien to me. Must be a 70s kid thing. Happy with my transforming robots and Evel Knievel stunt bike toy.

Black powder had a wonderful triangle going on with the infantry, cavalry and artillery. Games on featureless tables are no fun, but with some terrain and two somewhat intelligent generals, you get wonderful maneuvering. That maneuvering is more free in the Napoleonic wars and afterwards than in the earlier part of the black powder era, meaning that advance planning is perhaps more of a necessary skill for a general.

>Evel Knievel stunt bike

Oh man, and that Rin-Tin-Tin that could hold stuff in his mouth, and slide down the cable.

I'd doubt there was a specific Turing figure (although you never know these days with all the little indie designers doing weird stuff), but I'm sure it would be easy to find an appropriate mini. There is a huge range of early/mid 20thC civilians you could choose from; perhaps even something from a Pulp/Gangster/Call of Cthulhu line would suit.

Will check, thanks. Hopefully I'll get a diploma this year, and I want to make a figure of Turing with a little diorama to my professor I'm doing my thesis with. I'm writing about cryptography and make a program that can do two different algorithms, so I thought a miniature of him would be a neat thank you gift.

I think I should buy some of those Bad Squiddo Russian women. I don't have any FiveCore WW2 russkies.

Any suggestions for additional add-ons, a light vehicle or something?

>light vehicle
a BA-10 or a GAZ-67?
maybe a T-70 or BT-7?

Fuck those look nice

How do you find a blog for wargames that you like?

>this is what neoreactionaries want as rulers

>nobody ever elects a fat out of touch guy who was born into money

good thing you didn't chose a super annoying color or anything

>not listening anime openings while you paint your 6mm austrian army

>Not listening to the Girls und Panzer OST while painting your 15mm WW2 tanks.

user please that is the most basic stuff

It's actually not that bad IRL.

Buried away in the folders are On The Seven Seas (in Horse and Musket) and the Heavy Frigates one (in the Naval folder), and I've added the Light Frigates and the Raid one just now. Never been a fan of the Essential Histories, they're basically just the information found in other relevant books compiled but without the art.

mediafire.com/download/0gcmj43xvamp4fb/On the Seven Seas (Pirate Skirmish).pdf
mediafire.com/download/d1p5rrrn81z6b80/Osprey - NVA 079 - American Heavy Frigates 1794-1826.pdfhttp://www.mediafire.com/download/1v30k4m3yb5bb9j/Osprey - RAID 022 - Tripoli 1804.pdf
mediafire.com/download/bvw9p0w35o863up/Osprey - NVA 147 - American Light and Medium Frigates 1794-1836.pdf

Unfortunately they've never done anything for the Barbary Corsairs, a group who have been neglected a lot in military history.

Sharp Practice added to folders: mediafire.com/download/wwyc1bbgx1y6svq/Sharpe Practice v2.pdf

It has the main rules and Deluge broken up into several pdfs

Those really are some excellent minis. Fantasy project #476: build a Chain of Command unit solely out of these.

>Any suggestions for additional add-ons, a light vehicle or something?

Get them a GAZ-M1 staff car so they can roll in style

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-M1

As simple as googling (your prefered game/period)+wargaming+blog and poring through the results. Doing an image search helps too; trying running some of your keywords through that and see where it leads you.

reposting the Raid link because I stuffed it

mediafire.com/download/1v30k4m3yb5bb9j/Osprey - RAID 022 - Tripoli 1804.pdf

Good work, mediafire user.

Also congrats to Chevauchee user, it's now available on WGV

wargamevault.com/product/181483/Chevauchee-Medieval-skirmish-campaigns?src=slider_view

They look alright. The rest of the DiceBagLady stuff looks absolute dogshit though.

>tfw she makes Aethelflaed figures and Aethelflaed is my historical waifu

>Aethelflaed
I know her from that Angus MacBride 'Women Warlords' book

>tfw your woman won't let you name your daughter Aethelflaed

what would you recomand as a good starting system for napoleonics ? in 28 mm. without a ton of figures needed. Blucher or Sharp Practice 2 ?

That wouldn't really work for Blucher, which lends itself to 10mm and smaller and a lot of dudes.

Sharp Practice works if you want large skirmishes, not pitched battles. For that you probably want to look at something like Black Powder.

Depends on what you want, really.

>Sharp Practice 2
Wait, they made a second edition???

Dude

Just recently came out. See

Holy fuck, how did I not see that? I fucking love sharp Practice but the rules were a fucking mess, I am so fucking excited!

Someone have the PDF of the napolenic skirmish game from two hour wargames?

snipers look really nice, but the faces on most of the regular female soldiers look horrible. I still might get a bunch of them, just to spice up my troops a little.

Were there even mixed units in the red army? Or were women limited to non-combat-duty?
I know there were female sniper squads, but regular infantry too?

BA-64 looks awesome and you can get the tamiya kit in 1:48 for like 10€

Hey guys. I know, there is /k/ and Veeky Forums but these places tend to be full of trolling and annoying people so i want to ask my question in here first.

Can you recommend me a source of information about german armored trains?

I quickly checked the osprey books in the OP but didn't found anything.

I kinda want to build one, for no particular game, just for my shelf and need some infos but its kinda hard to find anything more than very basic infos about that topic.

To make it a little /hwg/-related, is there a ruleset that covers trains?

/k/ is fine. Veeky Forums is a fucking shithole.

>Women served particularly as medics, nurses, communication personnel, political officers, as well - in small numbers - as machine gunners and tank drivers.

mediafire.com/download/wr55zn689ph9heq/Osprey - ELI 090 - Heroines Of The Soviet Union 1941-45.pdf

Given how liquid the front could be in Russia I am sure there were many occasions when female personnel had no choice but to grab helmet and rifle and join the fighting.

>I quickly checked the osprey books in the OP but didn't found anything.

There is a pdf you might like in the References folder!

mediafire.com/download/lrod61hon11jthq/German Armored Trains on the Russian Front 1941-44.pdf

>To make it a little /hwg/-related, is there a ruleset that covers trains?
Doesn't Flames of War have train units? You might like to ask in their thread.

FoW does have armoured trains. For Germany and Poland at least.

Thanks. Thats a start. What book covers them? Basic rules?

>mediafire.com/download/lrod61hon11jthq/German Armored Trains on the Russian Front 1941-44.pdf

Thanks. Downloading it right away. Must have looked a little bit to quick.

>Must have looked a little bit to quick.
There is a ton of stuff in there fampai, it's easy to miss things. The References folder is usually a bit of a mixed bag, I try to throw more unusual topics in there.

> That lining

It only looks good on the tank that is blurred out due to depth of field. That's probably not a good thing.

That's mostly WW2 German military songs sang by Japanese girls, so doesn't count.

Right? ;_;

There is also the Katjusha song

youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ

I guess "mostly" covers that too.

I've never watched the show, but I used to listen to that when working a really shitty job a few years back, it helped me find the resolve to continue.

On the subject of Soviet tanker chicks: last thread we mentioned Joseph Beyrle, the American para who briefly served with the Red Army in 1945. It just so happened that, out of all the people he could have met, his first encounter was with the only female senior tank commander in the entire army, Aleksandra Samusenko.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandra_Samusenko

Polish is in the book Blitzkrieg and I think the German one is in Grey Wolf but I'm not entirely sure. Your best bet is to ask in the FoW thread.

What's this picture from?

For germany it is in grey wolf, in a security company it let you add some panzer 38t as tank acort, pretty fun shit for special scenarios

Women Warlords (Blandford, 1990), Tim Newark (Author), Angus McBride (Illustrator).

mediafire.com/download/a50b144x0gd23bn/Women Warlords.pdf

Congrats to wossname and ivan, now will osprey finally hire them to get one of the fivecore games in print?

Thank you. I needed that today.

>Samusenko received her Order of the Red Star when her tank crew defeated three German Tiger I tanks.
It's like she was born to harvest Wehraboo tears.

Any books (besides Homage to Catalonia; already read it) that talk a lot about the socialists, and especially the anarchists, in the Spanish Civil War? I'd also be interested in anything about military structure, weaponry available, etc., so that I can make a realistic army.

I'm trying to get into the hobby and this is the war/army I'm most interested in.

What was the name of that hardcore Sikh lady who was the first woman ever invited into the Guru's personal guard? You could name your spawn after her.

Well we do have this; not particularly detailed about the anarchists, but definitely a good starting point

mediafire.com/download/rl7kfgq12t2k3gk/Osprey - MAA 498 - The Spanish Civil War 1936-9 (2) Republican Forces.pdf

>not listening to legitimate WW2 songs played on old instruments, or recordings from the time
eh, I prefer less japanese girls in my WW2 than most

This is the kind of ww2-core you should be listening to:
youtube.com/watch?v=uqccaYkr0E8
youtube.com/watch?v=3MtoLr6EQY0
youtube.com/watch?v=cHcunREYzNY
youtube.com/watch?v=iihnfrk6fjQ
Or perhaps some music composed in besieged leningrad?
youtube.com/watch?v=HON-9Z1Greo

i think she's cute

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Initial response to the game has been overwhelmingly positive. Got more stuff in the pipeline, looking at getting something together on Sieges now.

>Sieges
oh god no I just bought another toy castle to tinker with, please don't tempt me.

It's gonna be something in a similar vein to the Fief campaign system. A core attrition mechanic for both attackers and defenders, influenced by the outcome of battles and random campaign events.

When the attrition score is high for the defender, battles will focus around storming walls and gatehouses, digging mines and blowing shit up.

If the attackers have high attrition, they'll be fighting off sallies, reduced to raiding supply trains and ambushing incoming reinforcements.

When one side has over a certain attrition score, the campaign is over.

The one design-related sticking point is a question of scale. Chevauchee is decidedly small scale, the polar opposite of pretty much everything relating to medieval siege warfare.