Is there no setting as OP as 40k?

BattleTech can hold its own for a short time, but is quickly overwhelmed.

Epic D&D PCs can achieve parity with space marine captains and alpha-level psykers, but can never match the scale of 41st-millenium warfare.

Star Wars has the technology, but even the Sith lack the brutality of the Imperium of Man. (Same goes for Star Trek.)

Is there not one Veeky Forums setting that holds a candle to the insanely high 40k power levels?

(Anime has more luck, but Naruto certainly doesn't cut it!)

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-67751.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>but Naruto certainly doesn't cut it!)
Actually, uh... Naruto kind of fought on the moon and sliced it in half and stuff.

As for a Veeky Forums setting look at Scion or Exalted.

Perhaps the covenant from halo but only against weaker 40k characters like tau and IG

Touhou has some ridiculously fucking OP characters. Someone like Yuka or Yukari might be on par with, if not more powerful than the Emperor.

This is a spergy thread, and you should feel spergy

>weaker
>IG

Nice bait

Star Trek has magical technology. You say the word "tachyons", you can achieve anything with anything.

40k has shitloads of bullets? "mumble mumble tachyon bullet shields" Space Marines have shitloads of power amor? "mumble mumble tachyon power dissipator" Tyranids have infinite numbers? "mumble mumble tachyon anti-biological entropy field"

Marvel has tabletop games, and therefore has a Veeky Forums setting.
Marvel has characters that are canon that could wipe out multiple universes on a whim.

Then again, being able to lord the overpoweredness of a fictional character or setting over others is almost universally a sign of poor or lazy writing.

>Actually, uh... Naruto kind of fought on the moon and sliced it in half and stuff.
And? Planet-killers are a dime a dozen in 40k. You'll need more to impress me than an unbound daemonhost.

>As for a Veeky Forums setting look at Scion or Exalted.
Ah, didn't think of Exalted (it isn't my forte). Never heard of Scion before, though.

The Covvies regularly lost land battles to a force that was inferior to the Imperial Guard in every way (save leadership), even when the Spartans weren't around. And the Tau specialize in the exact weapons technology that Covenant shields are weak against...

Clearly you have never been cultured

We discussed this not long ago. Basically 40k is nothing compared to things like Total Annihilation or Supreme Commander due to von Neumann warfare.

>Ah, didn't think of Exalted (it isn't my forte). Never heard of Scion before, though.
Tl;dr, one Elder Exalt would utterly destroy the entirety of 40k. Chaos Gods included. And they're not even the strongest in Exalted.

And Scion makes Exalts look like pussies.

>Is there not one Veeky Forums setting that holds a candle to the insanely high 40k power levels?

The Culture
The Xeelee
This bastard son of a bitch, pic related

The homebrew setting I made in the 90s had people moving stars around to raise the property values.

Time Wizards or LOS MAGOS DEL TIEMPOOOOOOOOO

Do not
fuck with
the commander

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

40K falls flat in every aspect of large scale space combat.

I think PlanetSide can take on 40k. They are fighting wars where manpower is unlimited and a death just means respawning a bit later

A Time Wizard on a corgi.

The Culture

Minds ain't nothing to mess with

Also TA and SupCom

It takes a dedicated ForgeWorld decades or centuries to build a Titan depending on the class

It takes a competent Aeon commander with a decent base 5 minutes to make a Galactic Colossus experimental

So in closing: Don't fuck with post scarcity societies

The Federation is technologically superior to The Imperium, it is true; but they lack the guts to fight on the Imperium's terms.

Kirk and Picard would rather die than condemn a million innocents to death, whereas any Inquisitor worth his hat would kill billions without hesitation if duty demanded it.

Also...
>mumble mumble archeotech tachyon neutralizer...

Please proceed to internment camp B4 for immediate patterning citizen.

It's for your own good.

I'm gonna agree with this guy on The Culture. The whole point of The Culture was basically to see how far you could stretch the idea of advanced technology and then stretch it way more.

>IG
>Weak
The individual infantry units are a bit weaker than the Covie's, but they more than make up for it by being able to drown them in bodies. Also, fucking baneblades and titans.

Plastic Man could probably fuck him up, but Plastic Man is bullshit.

Is this some new meme I'm unaware of?

>It takes a competent Aeon commander with a decent base 5 minutes to make a Galactic Colossus experimental
Give any commander, any faction, 30 minutes unmolested from any attacks and they're poised to start shitting out fatboys, monekylords, collosi, and Ytholna by the dozen every half minute. Give them an hour, and their base is the size of a forge world and can produce experimentals as fast as a single factory can produce mech marines.

God help you if they can build Paragons.

No fuck off; UEF has a better aesthetic.

Cybran>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

>so much weaboo

>not knowing about dank memes

>tfw spending hours in singleplayer skirmish designing aesthetic blueprints for all the factions so that you could be somewhat fluff-friendly in MP with beautiful bases
>tfw glorious modular bases

UEF > Seraphim > Aeon > Cybran

Deal with it you edgy triangle nerd.

>He doesn't love FREEEDOM and sexy Russian accents

You don't know beauty until you have seen with your own eyes the surface of Core Prime. Its surface covered in metal domes that hum away with unimaginable processing power. The giant exhaust ports glowing cherry red carrying away the heat from deep inside the planet generated from the workings of Central Consciousness. Every feature dimensionally perfect down to the micronmeter, every "hill" and "valley" shaped in such a way to serve a purpose.

Dragonball Z

>New

>he doesn't love TRADITION and sexy Euro-Merican accents

Marvel Universe
Even when not counting things like Thanos, Galactus, Phoenix, and Silver Surfer, superheros OP. Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Dr. Doom, the Vision, Dr. Strange. Each of these people would be a major threat.

Total Annihilation and its babies.
There is no explanation for this. The standard infantry is like 20m tall, armor composed of a single molecule covering the hole thing and gives amazing protection, materialized out of thin air and can gain full army numbers in a couple hours

Dr. Who Daleks and Timelords would likely be devastating if a consistent power level could be managed. Time travel and manipulation, crazy weaponry, and tech that is pretty much straight magic. A single Tardis can be a major threat to an entire world.

Lovecraft Universe
If the Mi-Go or Eldar Things decided to go full on invasion most 40k forces are fucked. This is assuming they don't invoke Yog-Sothoth for magics.

>domes
Fucking dropped; everyone knows that polyhedra are superior.

>in a couple hours
30 minutes*

The PDF of whatever world a commander landed on wouldn't be able to muster its forces within 30 minutes (unless it landed in a hive), let alone the Imperium.

Don't get me wrong, I unironically enjoy Naruto. But even at the endgame level their power level still couldn't really compare to the sheer amount of shit that 40k can throw at them.

Could Jyuubi Jinchukkri Uchicha Madara take a couple hundred space marines? probably. could Uchicha Madara take the entire planet exploding? Even if he could, he can't exactly travel FTL anyway.

>Lovecraft Universe

That's kind of cheating because literally everyone is fucked in that universe. All you have to do is wait for Azathoth to wake up from his dream and the entirety of the Imperium, Eldar, Warp, Necrons, Tau, Tyranids and Orks would just immediately cease to exist.

It's actually both I think. Most surface features on Core Prime are polygonal except for Central Consciousness and this one other computer called I think "Strategic Cluster" which is probably responsibe for war.

>implying

Things actually are not that hopeless in Lovecraft. Sure azathoth can wake up at any moment but he might not wake up for billions of years. And when he does then poof, nothing.

Its a similar thing with 40k. If Khorne gets off his throne EVERYONE is dead. He could do it tomorrow, he could do it long after humanity is a distant memory

Nigger a space marine will die if stabbed with a bayonet. Yeah man real "overpowered"

>nobilis tho

He can take on a Space Marine.

His sworn nemesis can take on a Primarch.

I've always thought the whole Madara posting was just memery. I mean he was retardedly powerful but Kaguya would pretty much wreck him. And the protags managed to asspull their way past HER.

Also except for the commander and their ACU literally every other asset is built on site from native resources and is disposable. So even if the IoM gets an Exterminatus fleet in orbit as long as the commander gates out literally nothing of value is lost

You wouldn't even need to do that. Power Armor would be worse than useless against Phasers it just makes you a bigger target.

I wonder what kind of orbital and interstellar infrastructure a commander has access to; I mean, he could always just gate in (and leave engineers in charge on previous worlds), but that seems inefficient.

The universal answer to "setting x is so OP that nothing can beat them" is Mr. mxyzptlk and/or Q.

Well we know for certain that quantum gate is designed for large space crafts to rapidly traverse the galaxy. I've always assumed that the little quantum gates sized for ACU and those little portable teleporter things all hook up to the same system.

Logically when colonising a new system they would send a seed ship to build a big orbital quantum gate and hook it up to the existing network then the rest of the colonising stuff can come through via the new gate.

Actually, by relying on torpedoes and large-scale kinetic weapons at high speeds and extreme distances (at least in the fluff) 40K isn't all that far off the spectrum compared to most sci-fi settings that aren't hard sci-fi. It's still ridiculous, but most of the ridiculousness has some basis in reality.

Well, since the Commander can be casted in without a receiving gate, we can assume they have some method of remote teleportation. Assuming that they still need to be somewhat near a primary gate, however, this could also include the ability for short range jumps, allowing for limited FTL.

Basically:
>commander builds a ship loaded with massgens and a jump system
>builds a bunch of these ships
>sends them fucking everywhere
>they open up into a quantum gate at the edge of the system
>unending tides of units pour onto unsuspecting worlds below, the war machine fueled by the commander's first victim, a planet-turned stellar forge, molecular assembler, and zero-point energy generator all in one

>Nigger a space marine will die if stabbed with a bayonet.

If you stab it in the brain multiple times, and you first have to get close enough to them to do so and THEN get through the skull, all without the Space Marine just punching you through a wall and then literally ripping your head off your shoulders because they're superhumans.

One of the most dangerous things about Space Marines in the fluff is something they call Transhuman Dread. Basically, Space Marines move and fight way, way faster and harder than their biology would suggest just by looking at them. They can charge at like 30-something mph in full power armor, and they can still duck, bob, weave, and dodge their way through cover while moving at that rate, all while basically wearing a tank. Survivors who fought Space Marines said that the sight of them was terrifying because the human mind has an extremely hard time reconciling their incredible speed and agility with their size, mass, and strength.

Picture Usain Bolt sprinting at you dead-on, except Usain Bolt is the size of Shaq, is as proportionately ripped as The Rock, and is wearing a light tank. He's also hurdling obstacles you can barely climb over like he's not even there. Good luck getting that bayonet in there.

>Just as planned.

I kind of doubt a commander can be sent to a destination without an orbiting receiving gate. It's more likely the receiving gate cannot refuse incoming traffic.

As for orbit to ground, presumably ACUs have a special device (probably part of their recall mechanism) that allows them to teleport directy to the surfac without emerging in orbit. I would think the region around the quantum gate will be extremely heavily defended by space asset to prevent hostile warships from jumping in.

His battle fury taking him, the Khornate berserker cleaves through the pathetic servants of the Corpse Emperor. This hive world belongs to the Dark Gods now. The only thing that remains is to slaughter the last of the mewling peasants. This is the moment he relishes most, watching them as they despair before the blade of his axe tears them apart. The cultists are already preparing the rituals to bring this world into the warp, ensuring that a Daemon planet shall form.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" He screams at the top of his lungs.

"Oi, can you keep it down please?" The chaos marine stands still for a moment, unable to comprehend the completely disinterested tone of whoever was speaking.

"COME OUT, RAT! I WILL CLEAVE YOU IN TWO AND-"

"I said keep it down." The owner of the voice steps out from an adjacent building. Once again, the chaos space marine is at a loss for himself. An ordinary looking, bald man looks at him with complete apathy. Even more bizarre is his attire, styled in a manner that the chaos space marine has never seen on a hive world before.

"YOUR COURAGE AMUSES ME! BUT I AM A CHAMPION OF KHORNE HIMSELF!"

"Don't you ever get tired of shouting? You're going to hurt your throat if you keep doing that."

This strange hive worlder's complete lack of fear begins to make the marine irritated.

"ENOUGH!" He swings his axe, eager to be rid of this annoyance. His axe connects, and...

There was a sound at first. A sonic boom as something displaces the air so quickly that it caused a roar to echo through the whole area. Bits of scrap metal and gore rain down from the sky. The hive worlder stands there, one arm extended, completely unharmed. Only a couple of red stains on the ground indicate that the marine ever existed at all.

"Hopefully the weather gets better soon..." The hive worlder mumbles as he looks at the crackling, warp-infused skies above him.

Bruh, do you even service studs?

some days we just get lucky on here.

>"mumble mumble the warp"

Stale pasta

>BattleTech can hold its own for a short time, but is quickly overwhelmed

Touhou and the Nasuverse come to mind, especially at the high levels of their power curve.

Battletech warships are pretty damn decent.
But they don't have a lot of them, and their ground troops tend to be relatively small in number and only deployed around key points on a planet.

Give the Hiigarans 10 minutes and an unattended warp-barge (With a functional gellar field to reverse engineer) and they'll crush 40k into paste.

Hell, give them 10 minutes and a fully decked out warp-ship that is firing on them and they'll still reverse engineer their own version of everything they need to survive in 40k. And then crush the entire setting into paste, one fleet at a time.

>implying mxyzptlk wouldn't get his ass handed to him by Mad Jim Jaspers

Seconding this.

This is why no one likes 40Kids.

That image, no, that whole post is pure distilled cancer.

are those some birb tiddies?

This thread reminds me of that giant fucking Exalted vs 40k shitstorm thread on the Giant in the Playground forums. I wonder if that's still up.

here
Looks like it got archived. giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-67751.html

We've been through this topic before. The answer is always Scrooge McDuck.

Warning: OT as fuck

Even if it's not a Veeky Forums setting, I always thought that the Borderlands setting is OP as W40k

Moonbeams, Digicostruct weapons, turrets, robots and vehicles in a few seconds, guns that shoot acid and swords who become smaller swords, sirens powers, vaults and vaults monster.

Is there a bad enough dude to take on the berserker packin man-and-a-half that defeated the forces of hell? Twice?

If we consider that most badass feat of Doomguy was to die (see: end of episode 1), go to hell, kill everyone there and come back. Then there are several others who have done basically same thing. Hero of Painkiller (don't remember his name) being one example.

A fair point. Should probably put Kratos on there too, but he's kind of a huge asshole who for everyone else's sake should've just stayed dead. Actually, that makes him fit into 40k quite well.

The Culture, Xeelee Sequence, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Supreme Commander, Eve Online, Ringworld.

Not enough character background exposition by the khornite.
8/10

Came here to post a ACU. But I see you were already doing that. Well done Veeky Forums

My fellow Cybro

On a single planet... without any form of deep space vessels.

The Last of the Metabarons would travel to Mars, bully doom marine, take his shotgun, travel to Terra and shove said shotgun up the Emperor's ass after killing every custodes.

>not accepting Cybran supremacy
>playing the tutorial race because they look vaguely american in their aesthetic
>having the worst super units

Stay weak, you unaltered scum.

>Not playing Vagyr
>not enjoying the best battle theme in all of the homeworld franchise

Griffith is probably primarch level, considering he can bend space and time

*AHEM*

What about seacats, especially Featherine? On a side note, Anshinin-san seems pretty OP too.

>>having the worst super units
Don't you dare say shut about my land-battleshipfu and giant fuck-off arty.

Strike Legion could chew up and spit out 40k.

It takes everything in it (and a few dozen other settings), and dials it up far beyond the valvrave threshold.

The Imperium's basic mook-tier unit are all space marine equivalent (stats all 1-ish) and their actual space marines are all Primarchs (stats all 4-ish).

The player characters have stats of 6-12. Underbarrel grenade launchers that can blow up planets. Infinite range energy weapons and infinite range aimhax. Battleship-killing relic laserblades.

The Empress is both awake and very active, and once retroactively erased a solar system. When her Horus Heresy happened, she crushed it.

Probably not too incorrect to consider it as being a "Golden Age of Humanity" version of 40k, in terms of bullshit.

Nobilis is kinda cheating. It's like going who wins in an arm wrestling contest, the physical manifestation of arm wrestling who has complete control over his domain or a toddler?

Also all hope is not lost in Lovecraft. Nobody knows what Yog-Sothoth is up to, and he is far more powerful than Azathoth.

>Guts can kill a space marine

Don't make me laugh.

>star wars has the tech but lacks brutality
>entire world bombarded from orbit and reduced to slag, dooming an entire species, because its inhabitants said they didn't support the Empire

u wot m8

I'm sorry, I can't hear you from the sound of my experimental artillery blowing your cyber ass to the stone age.