Are there any Veeky Forums approved animu?

Are there any Veeky Forums approved animu?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qWiMYtNWsu4
1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_anime
kissanime.to/Anime/Kono-Subarashii-Sekai-ni-Shukufuku-wo
bato.to/comic/_/comics/kono-subarashii-sekai-ni-shukufuku-o-r13720
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

user there's a whole image macro for it

Multiple versions, just a quick giggly Google search away.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

Dungeon Meshi (although that's only a manga, so not sure if it counts.)

Any board approved shit is usually just the person with the least provocative opinions taking the time to make an infographic. They shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone, and your personal tastes should dictate what you watch.

That said. Spice and Wolf is great, and Holo is best girl.

Thanks user, this is great

I've seen 12 Kingdoms and I can confirm it is one of the greats. Fucking GOAT character development, at least the first arc.

Seirei No Moribito is pretty good too though it definitely has a slow start

Will check out the rest of those

You should check out Overlord. The main character is a lich.

Man, I wanted to love Claymore but the manga just goes on and on and motherfucking on.

How's the anime? I know it ends earlier than the manga but I'm not sure on what they change.

...S&W thread?

Man... there's alot of hot garbage on there mixed in with the good stuff.

Not on there but I also request The Legend of Arslan, older anime that got a new version as well as a new manga recently. Writing wise it's pretty standard but it's also an interesting low magic world (where.magic exists but it is holy shit horrifying), slavery is morally ambiguous, and there's a not!Xhao Yun that kicks lots of ass. Fitting they made a DW game out of it. shame it was mediocre at best.

Anyway purely because it's about the Persian fucking Empire I recommend Arslan.

Legend of the Shield Warrior is a pretty good manga/light novel.

Yeah well, no one said /a/ had taste

I honestly can't figure out where the idea of Lodoss War being good came from.

Pretty sure that image originated here.

If we are getting into manga, the only two I really follow anymore are Dungeon Meshi and Helck.

I got two anime that pretty much fits Veeky Forums

>Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia
What the GM wants to run in a M&M game

>One Punch Man
What the Players turned the game into.

She is gonna stab him
;_;

Veeky Forums has always stood in defiant opposition to good taste.

It does say Veeky Forums... but I've never seen it before must be damn old.

Should we purge?

Lodoss seems pretty mediocre to us but we need to remember that it was pretty much the first major anime of its kind. So it set the tropes and trends. Plus it literally is some bodies D&D campaign so it's as Veeky Forums as you can get

It's an older version, at least 2013 with maoa yuuya being 'new' in there

>Claymore
>Veeky Forums Wet Dream
Claymore is shit.

Shitty plots are Veeky Forums's wet dream

Claymore manga is finished now

Raki/Lucky was trained in swordsmanship by Eisly, both knew Priscilla was pure fucking evil - Raki asked to be converted into a half-youma and Eisley was like "not a fucking chance retard - the goal is for her to get involved in some stupid big fight - which is why she's sticking with you - and if you train for seven years you might be able to sneak a single blow in. because you don't have any youma power she won't be able to detect you, you won't kill her or anything like that, but you'll distract her - part of your training will involve making sure you can survive a single return hit and distract her *even longer* so that some other fucker can kill her". The ending took a long time to get to the 'good' bit, but after they summon theresa from the dead it gets pretty gud

youtube.com/watch?v=qWiMYtNWsu4

Can't argue with that.

Sounds like Veeky Forums in a nutshell.

The art is actually pretty good, and while the plot meanders all over the place it does eventually make sense and get a decent resolution.

That reminds me, I need to finish Rosario + Vampire now that it's also concluded.

>Konosuba
>I don't remember the whole fucking name

One of those "transported to another world that runs on RPG rules," except it's essentially the campaign of That Guys fucking around while the one guy who rolled shit stats is the only competent character of the group.

>GATE: Thus the JSDF Fought There

Semi Veeky Forums approved if all you care for is modern armies versus low magic not! Romans.
Pros: Tanks vs legionaires
Planes vs dragons
The magic of air superiority
World building on the fantasy side (manga/ln only)
Cons: JSDF/Japan wanking
Harem bullshit
Loli death goddess
Plot/logic holes
A lot of shit done in the manga well is done poorly in the anime
Cutesy art style
Instead of squad-based murdering you get big tits murdering shit and triggering people's autism
Did I mention the Japanese wankery?

Yeah, on second thought, GATE: blah blah blah is shit. Interesting concept, poor execution.

I've read the full thing. The final battle just takes up so much of the manga that it became more of a chore to read than anything else.

I was mostly put off by how long the final encounter is. I think it's a full quarter of the manga just dealing with the various forms of the 'final boss' while random people over explain on background details that only vaguely mattered during the rest of the story. It felt like a slog.

She was crying user. She remembers.

>Loli death goddess
>Con

user, I am so against fan service shit but Rory Mercury was the best thing in the anime. Playing the edgiest goth lolita straight like that was FUN™

1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_anime

I just remember people bitching about her when this shit was big, so I put her under con.

Is it wrong that I actually like her anime design over her manga design?

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_anime
There's alot of hot garbage on there AND it's missing some of the BEST ones.

Click that edit button, then.

Oh man, MD Geist is on there.

Such a terrible set of movies. Jesus.

Always
Has the 10th anniversary sequel been translated yet?

>Dragonball Z on the List
>No Magi
>Big O (related to DnD? Fucking HOW?)
>No 12 Kingdoms
>Mauyuu (literally just a waifu fantasy with demons)
>No Reyearth

Wow.. that list is awful. AWFUL. Pretty sure it's the opinion of like one guy who has no idea what he's talking about. Considering it's a wiki, it probably is.

Record of Lodoss War

Every time this list is posted everybody whines like a little bitch and then does nothing to fix it. Clockwork responses from armchair generals.

Hey I fucking love MD Geist. It got me into anime when I was like 9 years old.

Doesn't mean it's not terrible.

>no Vampirehunter D Bloodlust for vampire/horror setting RPG's
>no Black Lagoon for modern day RPG's
>no Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for GURPS

Lodoss War is actually pretty boring, very predictable and insanely slow on delivering the story you already know.

Yeah, we just post lists or images that are far more up to date and not constantly being updated by 14 year old kids and their latest SUPER COOL BEST SHOW EVER fetish of the month.

We don't want the wiki's list to be right (it'll just get edited to crap again), we just don't want OP to get the idea that's it's accurate in any way.

Just like a game of D&D then.

Isn't that standard fare for anime?

>no mention of Dorohedoro

The story takes place in a world fucked up beyond saving and recognition, with mortal population living in constant fear of magicians - people with ability to manipulate weird black smoke. The plot follows the conflict of several factions with their own motives, with no clear villain in sight (at least until spoilers). It's equal parts dark, gory, surrealistic, humorous and heartwarming - it's a weird mix, but it works, and works very well.

It actually is based off of a D&D game the author was in.

Ill fuken fite u m8

Boku no pico

Wet dreams in context to chicks running around in skintight outfits does make sense.

user, OP said "Veeky Forums approved", not "D&D related".

There's only been one other list image posted at the start of the thread, and it's at least three years old now.

There's no difference between the wiki and the list, except that you can actually edit the wiki instead of complaining about it. But nobody ever does, and It's been years since I've seen a new recommendation image chart made, so... what you're saying is that you just like reposing old shit and whining about things other people but not creating anything of your own.

Yes. That is the joke he was making.

Yeah, read manga instead. Anime as a form of media is pretty much a filter that sucks up all the most generic mainstream lowest-denominator crap from manga and re-packages it for shills. There are a few exceptions that actually do something good with the media, but for the most part anime is about target audiences and cash grabs, not story or art.

Konosuba is both good, recent, and only 10 episodes.

some over lap, but here's another I found

And season 2 confirmed.

this.
vampire hunter D. is a high powered OWoD campaign
Black Lagoon is what happens when you make D20 Modern actually not suck for once
JJBA is clearly out and out a Classical GURPS campaign, no seriously, thats about the nutty those typically go, once people figure out how in the actual fuck the rules work. It's alot like Dorf Fortress, where the game is a pain until you finally get it, then its amazing.

Praise the sun.

i'm just mad that show missed the part in the LN where Kazuma actually runs around in a proper party for a single day and turns out to be 50 kinds of amazing.

They might be saving that for S2

I'm not too torn up that they didn't translate the chapter where Kazuma goes to solo grind a bit (and finds out that Aqua is an undead magnet), I'm kinda annoyed that they skipped over Wiz's first appearance, I'm really sad that they skipped 'The One day Kazuma was competent'.

Yes but Lodoss does it even slower, it's like you already know the cataclysmic ending, the main character, the villain etc etc. but it just drags on and on with side plots that try to make you care for the setting which doesn't really matter because it has almost no impact on the plot. Also desperately tries to make you feel for the side characters, which again doesn't matter because they will ultimately be nothing but useless support cast with little actual impact on the plot as per usual anime writing.

Also this

it should have happened literally right before the succubutt episode, cause then it would have explained a bit better why kazuma actually knew those adventurers you saw with him when he went into that parlor.
however we get more best undead girl and her far more capable sidekick shows up next season.
also scumzuma gets thrown in jail.
you can't go wrong.

If we're going to start bringing up insanely grimdark manga we should definitely mention BLAME! If you thought 40K dialed up the scale of everything to obscene levels you gotta check it out.

I thought the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime they have recently been doing is pretty well done. It looks great, for the most part never boring, doesn't feel like every other generic shounen anime ever made, the pacing seldom drags and the episodes are never padded out.

Jojo fucking invented modern Shonen, so of course it feels better.

Also Megumin is a treasure.

40k is originally over the top grimdark as a joke. Because kids don't get British humour they don't detect all the irony.

Also that the animated adaptions of Jojo are basically the manga translated to anime with near no loss in content.

the nice thing about all the parts of jojo is that its been amazingly well adapted and they arn;t screwing with the original script at all, as a jojofag, this pleases me immensely.

how much Kono Subarashi has been translated?
I've only been able to find sites translated in english up till the mansion

Needs another update:
Seven Deadly Sins.
Gods damn, but that's a fun little series.

Megumin is like the retarded love child of Veeky Forums and /a/

I love it

All of it.
kissanime.to/Anime/Kono-Subarashii-Sekai-ni-Shukufuku-wo

And here's the manga.
bato.to/comic/_/comics/kono-subarashii-sekai-ni-shukufuku-o-r13720

It didn't invent shonen, no, but it's one of the best executions of it, and it's creator is something of a celebrity so if he wants and anime he gets an anime.

You are awesome. Thanks.

skythewoodTL has been translating it as a whole under the term "fanfic" cause lolDMCA and that gets around that problem just fine.
their on volume 8 or so right now.

You're a retard and I just wanted to post this to tell you that.

this is if you wanted to go read the LN of it by the by.

Its out? I must find it

While the points you make aren't invalid, I loved the series. Watched it 5 times so far. The way I see it, it's like extreme triple fudge crackle brownie mudslide explosion ice cream vs plain ole chocolate ice cream. There's nothing wrong with chocolate, and some people prefer it that way.

It's a classic. It hasn't aged that well but it's there for a reason.

That's why I brought it up as the exception. It's an adaptation done right. Which almost never happens with any source material most of the time.

I wouldn't read the LN. It's... Yeah. I'm sure it was probably written well in it's native language but the translation is very stiff and awkward.

thats fair, i was just offering an alternative, also some people like reading that type of thing since its farther along then the manga.
its alot like why people reads ONE's version of One Punch Man instead of the murata version with far far better art, to find out what happens next.

>still no Vampirehunter D Bloodlust for vampire/horror setting RPG's
>still no Black Lagoon for modern day RPG's
>still no Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for GURPS

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Man I got sick of the russians being the author's pet faction and never finished Black Lagoon.

How did it even end?

I think the author is working at the same pace as the Berserk author. So I have no idea how that goes.

One piece. There was a good discussion about it in a thread. Look up One Piece on suptg if you want to read the reasoning in more depth. Basically Oda is the dm and has to put up with the bullshit antics of the PC's.

Jojo anime is very good yes and, unpopular opinion, I feel it conveys the wackiness better than print. IE, the anime is superior, at least for part 2 and the latter half of part 1. Some things are lost in part 3 simply because of how fucking long it is, and part 4 just started. Also goat music

I always wondered where the fuck he kept all that oil

I still like ripple more than stands, it could've been made even curayzer. But then the author couldn't have done highschool punchghosts.

One could argue that the wackiness from the authors trial and error artstyle has been lost, but it would also be unreasonable to turn all of those inconsistent panels into frames on a realistic schedule and budget.

That show is everything wrong with anime wrapped into a modern form. If the Nazis ever return to power, they will abduct millions of the population and force them to sit through it. If they seem to be enjoying themselves by episode five, that's the cue for forced sterilization.

Joseph is smarter than he lets on and a tricky bastard. He probably expected it to come in handy and he might have realised the potential of it while climbing the oil pillar.

I also liked the ripple better than the punchghosts. It was basically a retarded awesome version of Fist of the North Star. It would probably get old after a while, though. So I can understand why the stands helps keep things fresh. It's also a novel idea of psychic powers.

>BLAME!
>grimdark
It's dark, but I would't say grimdark.

>"I'M GUNNA MAKE HIM AN OFFER HE WON'T UNDERSTAND"

I have no idea why, but that fucking ruined me, I'm giggling like a blind retarded faggot in the mens changeroom.