MTG lore: THE FLAKE PLOT THICKENS Edtion

PREVIOUSLY ON THE FLAKE THREAD:

Some flakes posted a kink sheet. MOAR ZIX AND SYMON. Reposts reposts and more reposts. Some new flakes happened. There was all kinds of shiiiiiit.

And we got some HARDCORE writefaggotry going on. Instead of describing them all, I'm just going to link the first post of each story. I recommend reading them. There were actually some really good ones this time around.

Zix and Will The Messenger Del Iosha, Nishal, and The Messenger Gaia/CeluĂȘl and Rala Symon and Zix Ivander Selenra and DIOmedes And that's about it. Let me know if I missed anything. Also, I think I'm going to make a repository of everyone's character stories over the next few days, so send me all of the stuff you've written so far and link OP in all of your writefag posts from now on.

LET THE STORM CONTINUE

Previous thread:

Ginger is RED,
Inzhu is BLUE,
Chillbrass is a liability,
You should think so too.

>Who is your favorite flake? Why?

>Who is the most Marry Sue flake? Why?

>Who is the most Magical Realm flake? Why?

>Who's the shitiest flake? Why?

>Who's the most bangable flake? Why? Who are the runnerups?

Is this troll?

No, walker hunters are a problem.

Are Ginger and Inzhu walker hunters?

>Who is your favorite flake? Why?
The messenger, myr flake is adorable. Shame he's dangerous.

>Who is the most Marry Sue flake? Why?
They're all sues. they're flakes.

>Who is the most Magical Realm flake? Why?
Vanya, because monster girl.
>Who's the shitiest flake? Why?

>Who's the most bangable flake? Why? Who are the runnerups?
Gaia, hot coma wife. Followed by Astera, Xaniphe and Cala. I love colorful bitches.

No, Chillblast though man.

>They're all sues. they're flakes.
But who's the most sue, tho?

Who is shittiest?

Deka, because she is cute as fuck

William because lol travel back in time

Cala because corruption is my fetish.

Makayel because lol phyrexia

Deka because CUTE
Dyna
Astera
Ginger
Acervus
Ygraine (hot skitty on wailord action)

Redid DIOMEDES, working on a new card.

>Deka because CUTE
Am I the only one who thinks Deka looks like a boy? Like, I'm about 70% certain that character art is supposed to be a boy.

>Deka because CUTE
>Dyna
>Astera
>Ginger
>Acervus
>Ygraine (hot skitty on wailord action)

>Not Gaia, the forever bangable coma wife

What are you, gay?

STILL CUTE
DOES DIOMEDES GO AROUND PICKING FIGHTS AND CALLING PEOPLE FUCKBOYS?

RIGHT BEFORE STABBING THEM WITH A SPEAR. THE SPEAR ISN'T HIS PENIS

IS IT HIS FINGER?

CARD AVAILABLE, WORRIED IT MIGHT BE BROKEN BUT FUCK AREN'T WE ALL?

Broken as FUUUUUUUCK

You can coast on that +2 alone.

Swap the +2 and -3 and ditch annihilator

I'm working on a card for Iohannes.

Also, the OP image really needs updating, it's missing like, a dozen new flakes.

New flake.

Yeah I need a away to pump him up to becoming an unstoppable warrior. How about a +1 to do 2 or 3 damage, make his ult a 7 cost, and his - a -4?

Full pic of flake.

Hm, I feel like I need some measure of board wipe to make him a win condition. He's supposed to be the 'perfect' warrior who doesn't do anything but use his magic to buff himself basically.

Yeah, Annihilator is an Eldrazi thing.

Reminder that your walker a shit.

Posting a few flakes that weren't added.

I'll get around coloring it... maybe tomorrow.

IT'S HIS SPEAR

Then +3, DIOMEDES DEALS DAMAGE TO TARGET FUCKBOY EQUAL TO HIS LOYALTY
-2 DIOCESES DEALS DAMAGE TO EACH FUCKBOY EQUAL TO HIS LOYALTY
-1 DIOMEDES COMES DOWN THERE AND IS READY TO PUNCH SOME FUCKBOYS IN THE THROAT UNTIL END IF TURN, HIS PT IS EQUAL TO HIS LOYALTY.

Another colorless Eldrazi walker oh boy

But I don't have a walker.

You're right, but I dont know how to differentiate him from Gideon. He's not a leader of grand armies, he's hercules who slayed the nemean lion or beowulf who ripped Grendel apart with his bare hands. He's a force of nature like Nico or Ugin.

Or normal speak
Deal damage to up to one target creature equal to his loyalty
Deal damage to each creature you don't control equal to his loyalty.
DIOMEDES becomes a creature with PT equal to his loyalty until end of turn. He has double strike and indestructible

She's not an Eldrazi though. Just mutated before she was turned.

I know it's either going to be broken as all fuck or woefully underpowered, but I'm not sure which.

Of course King Of The Skeletons has graveyard shenanigans.

His +1 is madness for his cost. His 0 is poorly worded; you probably wanted "Draw 3 cards, then discard 2" or something to that effect. His ult could be more flashy, like "Return all creatures from all graveyards to the battlefield under your control" (like liliana, but make it different I guess)

Shit, make him a 5/10 with Indestructible, Haste, Double Strike.

Fair enough. I also realize I forgot to give him a starting loyalty.

What if his +1 just returned a target creature to the graveyard? I was thinking of the "all creatures from all graveyards" deal for his ult, but then he'd basically just be Liliana.

+1 is too good and worded poorly
0 is outside of the color pie
ult is eh

Forgot his loyalty. Make the +1 conditional or something, but I'm not too upset about an o ring. Your zero looks fine. Your ult is decent, it'll be a climb to get that far assuming 4 loyalty.

+1: Exile target non-black, non-artifact creature.

0: Draw three cards, then discard two cards.

-8: Return all Horror, Zombie, Skeleton, Vampire, and Spirit creatures from all graveyards to the battlefield under your control.

His 0 feels pretty black to me, could use some white though. Also he has a pretty specific cost which can make him more aggressively costed

So
+1 Target creature is sacrificed by its controller
0: Each player draws three cards, then reveals their hand, you choose two nonland cards from each hand and players discard those cards (sorry for the clunkiness)
-8: Return any number of creatures with a total converted mana cost of 8 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Alright, here's a revised version. So his 0 lets him defensively send cards to his own graveyard, his +1 lets him boost the other graveyards, then his ult pulls all typical creatures for his control.

I would appreciate some feedback anyway, since I am new to this thing.

His 0 is a strictly worse compulsive research.

It would help if I attached the image.

I feel like he could do with some more white stuff though.

I decided to redo some on Balbus's shit, still pretty crappy but oh well. I decided to keep him as mono-white because in my opinion, most of the blue spells are only done because of his brother

HA IM AN IDIOT lol

What the fuck does RETURN target creature to the graveyard mean? You are supposed to keep track which creatures were played from graveyard for this effect?

Neat, maybe her and Anna can be amnesia buddies eventually.

...it occurs to me that "Destroy target creature" would be a WAY more succinct way of phrasing it.

Well I guess yes if she manages to get Murdock to listen to her without running away. You can give it a shot if you are one of those who write stories about 'flakes.

+1: Target player sacrifices target creature.

-3: Search your library for a white creature card with converted mana cost 6 or less and put it onto the battlefield.

-8: Return all white and black creature cards from all graveyards to play. They all gain flying and become an Angel in addition to their other types.

Do this.

And now I'm seeing all of the typos. sigh. I should read through things first.

Making things into angels is interesting, but feels really against character. Although it would make him killing other undead way more into him "redeeming" them.

SYMON X ANNA WHEN?

Then spirits.

Shit, the more I think about this, the more I like it. Benevolent king gets brought back by his dying advisor and given his spark. Immediately begins a crusade to redeem all undead.

Currently writing a story where they interact.

Will we see it in this thread?

Maybe, going to play EDH in a bit.
Here's the start of a new snowflake.

>>Who is your favorite flake? Why?
One of the following, in no particular order: Zix, Selenra, Gaia, or The Messenger. So far, they have the best stories imo. And the Messenger is just adorable.
>>Who is the most Marry Sue flake? Why?
Used to be Vronak. Now it's Vronak-user's new flake. Dude doesn't understand domain.
>>Who is the most Magical Realm flake? Why?
Fffffffff I have no idea
>>Who's the shitiest flake? Why?
Maybe Unit IV or Vronak-user's new flake. Both are lore-shattering.
>>Who's the most bangable flake? Why? Who are the runnerups?
This is a tough one. Hmmmm.....
I think Ima default to Gaia, followed VERY closely by Selenra. It's hard to say know to such a glorious COCK though.

>People like my devil-flake
Well, I'm not sure whether or not this makes me feel awkward.

Re-posting my most recent two flakes.

Alright, another shot at the Iohannes card, based on feedback.

I feel like -10 is enough to justify his ult being so powerful. So you can choose to play defensively and use his -3 to keep pulling things from graveyard, or go for broke with the -10 and get EVERYTHING back extra-spicy.

Again with your wording.

+1: Destroy target creature.

Also... -8: is justifiable due to it only being white and black creatures.

People waifu cute stuff, news at 11.

Same feedback as last time I commented. She's particularly black with her self-interest and she conveys it in a very unique way - she's paranoid and constantly looking over her shoulder rather than being an asshole. I'm finding some difficulty seeing the red in her attitude there. Where's the emotion that drives her, aside from fear?

SUMMON[ADORABLE BRETHREN]=5: EXECUTE_

Still trying to think something to writefag about The Messenger. Perhaps another scenario from its perspective in "myrcode" or a scene from the eyes of an observer of the growing army.

repostin' Nishal and Iosha, because I'll probably write another thing tonight at some point. Thinkin of basing it on Ravnica; anyone interested in adding their flake?

She really wants to go get her memories back, and possibly go back to her homeplane as well, that's what leads her actually and it seems like a pretty red thing to me. Other than that it is just that well, red magic was the first one she learned anyway, from the yamabushi in Sokenzan.

Dipterius is Ravincan, if you wanna include him.

Izari here.

I might have some time to do some writefagging tonight at work. Anyone want tinder anything in particular?

Dunno but I would love if anyone was to take Murdock around for a little writefaggotry.

What's wrong with Cromat-chan?

Del's Ravnican, if you want him.

Reposting from last thread. Decided she didn't need any work, might make another tonight.

Does anyone have the template?

His reasoning for being black and blue is that he uses counterspells and some black cards.

Colors are literally just different schools of magic though. It's not like you need a specific range of emotions to wield an axe instead of a sword. A real mage has no reason to not use every single school/color of magic.

There's more to it than that.

Spells are reflections of personality. It's unclear whether utilizing a type of mana makes you a certain way or you can't utilize different colours if it doesn't fit who you are though.

Maybe if you're a bad mage. Strong mages like Ugin can overcome color. Intellect trumps 'reflections of personality.'

Certain kinds of spells resonate more naturally with different people. This is because spells and much broader concepts can all be related to mana colors. While it's possible for planeswalkers to use spells from outside of their natural inclinations, it is infinitely more likely that their card colors will match the kind of person that they are, and that their spells are a reflection of that.

SO. CUTE.

I don't know why everyone is saying Deka is the cute when you have THIS LITTLE FUCK RIGHT HERE.

I like these two. I look forward to watching their side of the story evolve.

Ye

Cromat-chan here. Just because someone uses certain cards means that is all their personality is described by those cards and only those cards.

It doesn't mean that they are limited to only those spells. You have to realize, that the color and the spells a person is proficient with doesn't mean their personality is similar to everyone else whom uses those spells.

Perfect example is Jace. He is a master at wiping minds. And he doesn't like to do it, but he can. He's a pretty swell person. Yet, mind wiping is one of the most horrible things in the lore's society.

This is more or less true. But, also depends on the character. Most mages use particular colors and spells because they are proficient with them. But, they can dabble in other colors or spells either by whim or by result of their emotional state.

For most mages, they can learn damn near anything. They just specialize in certain colors or spell types. Look at how often Planeswalkers change colors in the lore.

This is subjective to the mage.

Colors are subjective. It's the spell types they choose to use that a person is typically attracted to using. But, not all users of the same spells act or think the same. U/B experimental necromancers, U/B mind wipe wizards, and U/B assassins/rogues don't all think the same. Nor do any of the individuals of those group all think the same as their piers.

>He's a pretty swell person
You were doing good before saying this, you know.

Hiding an interplanar ship on a plane with no hiding place was, Nishal learned, actually pretty easy. Mostly because with all the airships flying around they didn't actually need to hide it anywhere. Iosha brought the ship in to tether to a walkway on the side of a great tower, many other airships with unique colours and designs already roped to its sides. "Alright," she said, as soon as she was sure they were correctly moored. "We took a little more damage from that dragon than I'm strictly comfortable with, and I still haven't managed to clear all the sand out of the aether-compressors or the etherium transmitters. It looks like I'm gonna need at least one of each of these," she said, absentmindedly handing him a note. "And probably some help. There's bound to be some Izzet fellows around here; make sure you get the ones that look like they probably know something about ships." With that she climbed back aboard; within seconds Nishal could hear her clanking about through everything inside. "An' make sure you find something to eat! Ravnica's got all sorts of good stuff around, it won't be hard!" He chuckled as he walked into the building. He wasn't sure he would know the first thing about anything on this list. It looked more and more like he would need to find someone to help ensure he wasn't being robbed blind, or at the very least find a vendor who he could scare into honest trade.
An hour later he entered into one of the many markets of Ravnica's streets, taking in the sights and sounds. All around him members of various guilds were milling about, shopping for food and clothes or simply laughing with members of other guilds. He smiled as he seen someone, a Gruul guildmember if their fur clothes and matted hair was anything to go by, began juggling as an Orzhovi member laughed so hard he nearly fell over. He watched for a few moments before continuing on his journey to locate the items they needed to fix up (cont'd)

>interplanar ship

Top kek, into the Vronak pile it goes.

Cool work so far, writeanon, but keep in mind that Del isn't actually a member of the Izzet, since that seems to be the road you're going.

Though, in all honesty, he'll probably just help whoever if they just ask.

their vessel. He approached one stall, seeing that it was filled with all sorts of artifacts in various states of repair. "Hello," he said, getting the attention of the bored-looking shopkeeper. "I am looking for the items on this list, and was hoping that you would have some of them." He handed Iosha's instructions over to the girl, watching as her eyebrows quickly went higher and higher.
"Listen mister, I don't know what you're looking to do with most of this but you can't just get this in Bane Alley." She handed the paper back to him, staring at him intently. "This is the kind of stuff you need to go to the League for, and even then I don't know if you'd be able to find it." Nishal made a sound of understanding. He knew little of the Izzet league. "I might know someone who can get you some stuff from them," she ventured when she caught on to his feeling. "Name's Veldren; looks a little funny, but if I stuck the two of you beside each other you'd look just fine. He's a member of the League, not too high up but definitely able to get at least a few of these things."
The smile came back to Nishral's face. "I would like to meet this Veldren. Is he near here?"
"Well, I'm not getting a lot of business right now. I'll just bring you to him, he usually hangs out a few districts from here. C'mon, I know a shortcut." She said, closing up the blinds around her wares. She muttered a quick enchantment before turning away to lead him, and he silently threw his own safeguard over the stall as they walked away.

Though there was less sun than he would have liked, the vendor's shortcuts seemed to save them some time. Though Nishral had no idea how long it would have taken him, it would have definitely been far longer than it did with guidance. "He's usually right in there," she said, pointing him to a small shop sandwiched between two larger buildings. He entered and was amazed at the sight that greeted him: (cont'd)
you missed the last story, didn't you?

And with lore rape like that I'm glad I did