Savage Rifts

So, any fa/tg/uys pitching in for the Savage Worlds Rifts Kickstarter? They have their hooks in me for a hundred bucks or so already, and will probably manage to squeeze more as more stretch goals come out. At that, it's still a low price, as far as I'm concerned. I've been waiting for a decent official rules set for Rifts for close to 25 years now.

Also, general Rifts thread, I suppose.

kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/rifts-for-savage-worlds

The new full-color art looks swank as fuck too.

Bumping with art.

Yeah man, backed the 85$ pack for the set of physical books.

Been waiting for this shit forever.

I'm in for the physical books and the poster map. They might wind up getting the limited edition hardcover upgrade from me too, depending on how my finances look in three weeks.

Pitching in? Hell no. I wouldn't trust Kevin & Co. to deliver a pizza.

I'll wait for it to come out in stores...which will probably be far earlier than the kickscam backers will get it. But that'll be 2020 by then anyway, and I'll probably be playing Cyberpunk 2077 instead.

But new color art is nice, true.

Jodi Black of Pinnacle has already promised that pdfs will be in the hands of backers by June, and reviewers are already getting advance copies of the player's guide.

Kevin Siembieda isn't working on the Kickstarter in any capacity other than advisory, and all of the final approvals for the KS-funded books are already in. He doesn't have any veto power at this point.

Don't care. Considering what happened with Robotech RPG Tactics, all kinds of things could go wrong. The SW KS is funded, I'll just wait and see how it turns out, and buy it in hardcopy when/if it gets good reviews. Or not. I've got 32 Pally books at home and these days I just wing it using my own semi-system.

>Pitching in? Hell no. I wouldn't trust Kevin & Co. to deliver a pizza.

Why not?

>Jodi Black of Pinnacle

Literally who?

No SW is ass and Rifts should have died in the 90's

Not that guy, but Palladium (run by Kevin) has the worst record in the history of any ever with making deadlines. I mean they have announced things 20 years ago that still aren't out. Their Robotech kickstarter was a fucking travesty too, glad I didn't back that.

CEO of Pinnacle, the people in charge of this kickstarter and incredibly reliable with their kickstarters.

I can't blame anyone for not backing anything tied to Palladium Books, but I have faith that Pinnacle won't fuck me.

I would love to try this out, but I've been burned too many times by Palladium Books. I'll wait for it to actually hit the shelves.

I intend to buy all the books. I love the RIFTS setting, got tired of the RIFTS system.

I know you've already made your decision, but it's Pinnacle, not Palladium, running the kickstarter. They have a good track record, and they say the books are more or less done so...

Again, Palladium has *nothing* to do with the Kickstarter at this point. All of the contractual stuff was locked down ages ago, and Siembieda has no ability to interfere at this point.

Preach it, brother. In this, we are as one.

glad they're going with the original deadboy armor. never liked the goofy punisher looking versions introduced in coalition war campaign.

Yeah I prefer the original stuff, however Dave Dormans smilin' jack SAMAS looked sick. Way better than the original picture of it.

Does anyone think this Tomorrow Legion idea will be any better than the Harpers in Forgotten Realms? Last I checked everybody hates organisations with supercool DM PCs running around handing out shit jobs to PCs.

I don't think a post-apoc world like Rifts needs it at all.

It's just a simple way to give PCs a thing to do, but I don't see why you couldn't easily ignore it.

I'll gleefully pirate it. I'd sooner have a family of Mexicans do the Hat Dance on my testicles than give that thieving liar Siembieda another cent of my money.

Here's hoping it ends up being decent, I'll confess to not knowing anything about the Savage Worlds system, but damn near anything is an improvement over the clusterfuck that is the original Rifts system.

Kevin probably already got his licensing money from Pinnacle.

I'm sure he gets a cut of the sales too. I don't care though; I love the Savage Worlds system and the Rifts setting. I'll happily pay money for it.

The Legion is really just a plot justification to have a bunch of heroes get together and do things to help people. I don't see anything wrong with a group like that in a setting, since it adds some thematic cohesion that might be lacking, especially in a kitchen sink setting like Rifts (or Forgotten Realms for that matter).

Savage Worlds is pretty fucking great. You can get the Test Drive rules for free on Pinnacle's website if you want to take a look at it before buying anything.

Are they fucking finally going to detail Chi-Town?

I'm glad the Headhunter made it in. My fav OCC.

The art dump has convinced me not to get it, doesn't look like my style. You guys have fun with it though.