Last stand thread! You guys still playing?

Last stand thread! You guys still playing?

No, not even adding the Necron overlord can raise that game from the dead.

Dawn of War 3 when?

I'm playing it again latelly, and I have no problems finding a match
But sure it doesn't have more than 1000 players

Nah, sadly there's a bit too much of a barrier to entry for me to get into it with random players, and I don't have any friends willing to learn the ropes with me.

The random players thing was awkward for me too at the start, but they are usually decent, and sometimes really nice

ya now that its distilled down to only having diehard fans who want to have fun.

Yeah, Last Stand's a fun game. There's nothing quite like killing a giant centipede, ripping its mandibles off, then grafting them to you army for poison bite powers.

>the dead.

DOW2 is 12 years old, Retribution is 5 years.

I've never waited more than 20 seconds for a game.

Bit of a weird statement desu.

For the longest time I just kept my dudes at 20 and never bothered with elite, now I'm going back and doing it.

Not for Eldar though... pointless class and even today I roll my damn eyes when one joins a group "muh support class" yeah i'd rather you just killed shit

So, which are your favourite builds?

Do you have to buy the Last Stand?

Yeah same here, I'm going for Elite with my favourite classes
And I've always thought the Eldar should have been an Autarch, either for damage dealing or tanking, like the Marine

Yup
You can buy the whole game, Dawn of war 2 Retribution (wich idk how much it is right now)

Or you can buy The last Stand Alone, and i know that's just 10€
But the Tau, and Necron Overlord are 10 more each
(Jeez I just realised how expensive is all this shit for a new player)

Once upon a time, I think she may have had a place and that was with the original heroes. like 12 damn years ago.

Where it was like a 33% chance you'd survive wave 10.

5% chance of surviving wave 16

but now, with Tau, Necron, Tyrant, it's not really needed and takes up a much required dps spot.

Just wait for the Steam Summer sale, this shit'll be at the usual 80% discount, dlc too

I'm painting a Tau army right now. I should re-download DoWII to keep in this Tau mood...

Well I got all the Dawn of War games in a Humble Bundle but it doesn't look like I got Last Stand.

If you got Dawn of war 2 Retribution you should have it

I've heard about the Tau Mod, but never seen it
Is any good?

I was talking Last Stand. Tau Commander.

Ahh ok lol

Farseer is still my favourite, but I think out of all the characters she is the one that suffers from power creep the most. The Captain needs to spend a whole accessory slot just to get a jetpack, and the plasma gun/jetpack combo is pretty common. Tau commanders get a jetpack for free, run faster, can't be knocked down AND can carry TWO plasma rifles. And that doesn't even count accessories, you can slap on an ATGM and a gun drone and a deployable battery for unlimited energy. The equipment is supposed to be hard tradeoffs between two things of roughly equal power, but that system clearly fell apart long ago when your "tradeoffs" are things that other classes get for free.

I think it's partly because the initial three heroes were designed with wave 16 in mind. You can't make your hero too awesome or you won't be able to defeat yourself.