Horus Heresy General

The Night of The Beareversor Edition
Za Moon WRYYYYYYY Sub-Edition
On the old bread we talked about what got us to like our favorite legions, one user pointed out that the Horus Heresy series started out ten years ago, the Beareversor finally got art, an user got help for making a DG Libby who's fallen to Nurgle, we saw a post that about how a true Iron Warrior handles traitors, talk about the time when the Space Wolves had acceptable wolf levels happened, I lament the fact that Psi-Titans will never be a thing in the modern 40k, the horror of Taufags was discussed and how to be a not mindbogglingly horrible Taufag was also discussed and much more in the old thread Red Book Links: www2.zippyshare.com/v/s15Jqk1t/file.html
mega.nz/#!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Yes I'm aware that this summary isn't that great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gvAch1Xtxvg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-_9Idoycw
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZZ_KlyqWNI
youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1zSowOS4Wyg
youtube.com/watch?v=TarlykOCZvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=X_NYNuAdIv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dammit, it's so bad that it's good .-.

Is it unbearable?

On a setting with Sigismund, the Nemean Reaver and Scoria, to defeat those monsters we had to create monsters of our own.
Enter... the Bearversor!

May the Man Emperor have mercy on us all.

Veeky Forums would you pick traitor or loyalist IRL?
Assuming you had the enviable position of choosing, of course.

>Implying you are subject to circumstance
There's always a choice, brother. There always is.

Assuming I'm part of the Legion I play, then Traitor. What would come of the World Eaters when the galaxy is dominated? They aren't rulers, all they know is to fight and kill. A loyalist future isn't a very promising one.

Loyalist all day every day. I'll show the traitors that the gun is good, and that 40k Bangles are a long way.

We need to remember to add /hhg/ to the opening post.

Loyalty is it's own rewards.

And Moon drops. Moon drops are rewarding too.

Claimed for Blood Angels. For Sanguinius!

Sup Veeky Forums, I just finished my RG HQ collection, but I don't know how to name them.

Firstly, what did special names did the RG have for their Chapter-master tier commanders? Captains?

I also have a primus medicae, chaplain, librarian, praevian and vigilator, and am wondering if the RG had any titles for them.

Lastly, I'm making a Death Guard allied detachment and wondering if the DG have any specific titles for Captains.

Also, is "Aves Aietos" too retarded (in the vein of 40k wolves)? it literally means 'bird eagle'.

Loyalist. I'd rather fight for a fleeting utopian dream than fucking Erebus' shitty movement. A police state is better than no state.

To be fair Kyr had more freedom than pretty much everyone else to choose. Would have been a lot harder to remain loyalist and actually accomplish something if you were say serving on your primarch's flagship.

I'll remember that.

>what did special names did the RG have for their Chapter-master tier commanders? Captains?
Weren't they called Shadow Captains on 40k?

> I'm making a Death Guard allied detachment and wondering if the DG have any specific titles for Captains.
As for the Death Guard, they cared little for honorific, BUT you could give them names that would only fit them, depending on how you fluff them.

Except "Chem master", that's taken. But you could call them, I don't know, Reaper captains? Or Keepers of the Tally? (funny, I was asking for DG names last thread...)

As for Aves Aietos, yes, extremely, even for a son of Raven Raven of the Raven Guard. Maybe try some lesser known birds. I didn't know what a Shrike was until that dude, and maaan are Shrike hardcore tier.

Loyalist. I hate the idea of giving away my soul for a fleeting chance of power. If I could go Traitor and not be chaos tainted, I'd probably do it, but since there's no real way to do that, I'll stick with the side that won't corrupt my body and soul.

>Would have been a lot harder to remain loyalist and actually accomplish something if you were say serving on your primarch's flagship.
Some managed to remain loyal even under the primarch's bombardment.
As for actually accomplishing something, even if you are in the same fleet as other four traitor legions, if you dare you can win.

Ferrus Manus, the man with iron hands who's legion was called the Iron Hands. His name means Iron Hands.

I mean, isn't Garro (with Tarvitz help) the reason why Horus didn't rush Terra on the first place, giving the Imperium a chance to actually get some stuff pepared?

I know. Fierro (Ferrus) means Iron, Mano (Manus) means hand. I always need to stop myself from saying "Fierro Mano". The struggle is huge when you speak a latin-derived language. Srsly GW, wtf?

GW isn't creative but it can sink in. One of my dudes' last name meant Rising Star, was called the Rising Star, and lead a warband called the Stars of Chaos. But that was before I scrapped that whole idea.

I name my guys after Finnish metal songs.

Please, Veeky Forums, are any of the Death Guard HH books good? I finished FotI but from there it gets confusing

Loyalist through and through.

And yet all of that is explained, in setting, with legitimate reasons.

Sounds like a music band. You say it "meant rising star". What was his actual name? Ortu?
If you wanted stars and chaos, why not giving him a star name, like idk, Betelgeuse the Marked, warlord of the Eightfold Star?

Oh well, time to find a more obscure bird.

Would Leuco Aietos pass? Lit 'White Eagle'

If every legion got another special rite of war, what is something you would want? Personally I would like something exemplifying the EC's perfection in warfare (while Maru Skara is their perfection of speed and tactics). Something kind of like
>Palatine Blades, Seekers, and Phoenix Guard can be taken as troops in addition to their normal slot
>All Heavy Weapons Squad with Lascannons gets precision shots (Sunkillers)
>All Palatine Blade Squads get fleet
>All Phoenix Guards get furious charge
>All Seekers get stealth
>Every character gains Preferred Enemy (Characters) the first round of any challenge

>Palatine Blades, Seekers, and Phoenix Guard are your mandatory troops
>Every time you lose a challenge the unit the character was part of suffers -3 leadership instead of -1
>Every time one of your units is destroyed your opponent gains a victory point
>Cannot take legiones astartes or blackshields as allies

So your army ends up being elite (base troops at least are all WS or BS 5) and you get widespread access to good special rules, and you preform even better in challenges. On the other hand if you lose challenges (which you have to issue and accept) your unit is practically guaranteed to lose the combat and your very small units give your opponents victory points. Seems perfect for the EC, a legion focused on being the best evar and getting butthurt as hell when they get upstaged.

You really can't just follow the Death Guard as they break off into many different fleets, enacting the Dark Compliance and hunting down Shattered Legion forces. The next time the Death Guard (assuming you mean not Garro) show up is in Scars, followed by the wonderful short story Daemonology, then Path of Heaven.

Now I'm curious.
And so are the other Legions then. I would change the Word Bearers' name because World Bearers sounds cooler to me.
Just the last name.

Rautaketju by Turmion Kätilöt.

Translates to "iron chain", it's one of my Warsmiths.

Ultimately, the name is up to you man (I thought Eagle was Aquila (Águila)). You could deviate from the literal translation if you want to, but I like "Leuco". White because white-skinned RG, and it could pass for a regular name to the unknowing. Nice.

My guy's last name is Stigende Stjerne.

Very conveniently affecting most of your previous list's models huh :^) It's allright, a man can dream.
>Expensive HSS gain PS
>Phoexins Guards gain FC
>Very expensive compulsory squads
>VPs on death
>When losing a duel, the officer pretty much flagellates himself
Maaan, what's the RoW's name? Balls to the wall? It's EC Perfectionists squared! I wouldn't even dare sneezing before those guys.

now I just need to figure out titles. 80% of the time there won't be any other HQ's besides him and Nex, so I don't care as much about my others.

What titles did the RG use? Jump Pack Chapter master and Terminator captain for context. The 40k chapter master is 'Lord of Shadows', but that is probably post-HH, as corax is The Shadowed Lord'.

>RG
Strike Captains, Shadow Captains, Shade-Lords in the case of terran XIX

Why not Beaversor?

That is an acceptable spelling. I sort of want to make a model of one now. Where can I find bear skull bits from?

Death Guard - "Terrors of the Old Night"

Effects
>Destroyers become Troops, all their attacks gain Poison(4+), and can take a Land Raider Phobos as a DT.
>Tactical Support squads equipped with flamers loses the "Support squad" rule.
>Death Guard characters can take Phosphex bombs for 10 pts
>Twin-Linked Chem-flamers and Twin-linked chem-Heavy flamers gain +1 Strenght besides all other rules.
>All units with LA(DG) gain Move through cover

Limitations
>Compulsory squads limited to Destroyers and Flamer-equipped Tactical Support squads.
>All flamers in the detachment must be equipped with Chem munitions.
>Can't use models with psyker powers
>Must include a Siege Breaker consul, or models with the Art of Destruction special rule.

I didn't know whether also add "buy rad grenades for 10pts" or not. They kinda overlap.

>Jump Pack Chapter Master
Sadly "Chooser of the Slain" is doubly taken by Corax and the Dark Fury sgt.
>Terminator Captain
Like the Deliverers? Master of the Deliverers, then.

I was thinking the same thing actually, except with destroyers/grave wardens as troops, but I really can't come up with a list of abilities that doesn't step on the toes of what we already have

Honestly I kind of feel like the Reapings "Dark arsenal" and Creeping Deaths "Toxic Munitions" should have been switched, or get some other cool unique wargear, like all characters being able to buy phosphex bombs

Honestly though, as much as I love the Reaping, I'm not a huge fan of the RoW that unlock special wargear, special rules/certain guys being troops are fine, but I feel it ties that legion too much to that particular formation to get their unique weapons

The thing I always ask myself is, why shouldn't the DG be able to bring rad grenades into a zone mortalis strike force, it always struck me as odd that they locked them into the reaping, same as with the IW Hail of Fire from the HoO

Word Bearers - Heralds of a New Age

Effects
>Ashen Circle becomes the compulsory troops and can be joined by Independent Characters with the LA(WB) special rule. They will also only scatter 1D6"
>Word Bearer characters can take Rad grenades for +15pts
>Models with access to plasma pistols can buy instead a hand flamer for +5 pts.

Limitations
>Must include a Siege Breaker Consul.
>Can't include models with the Daemon rule or Burning lore, or with Tainted Weapons. Word Bearer psykers can't use Daemonology powers.
>Word bearers are too busy destroying all records of the enemy! An allied detachment using this RoW becomes can't score.

I want viable destroyers. Sue me.
youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE

>Honestly I kind of feel like the Reapings "Dark arsenal" and Creeping Deaths "Toxic Munitions" should have been switched, or get some other cool unique wargear, like all characters being able to buy phosphex bombs
>I feel it ties that legion too much to that particular formation to get their unique weapons
>The thing I always ask myself is, why shouldn't the DG be able to bring rad grenades into a zone mortalis strike force, it always struck me as odd that they locked them into the reaping
Give us raaaaaaaaaaaaaad!
>same as with the IW Hail of Fire from the HoO
Hail of fire is kinda dissapointing, but at least it lets you "use up" your troops. I was going to propose an IW RoW that lets you shoot at enemies engaged in combat with your troops (and can bring allied Levy squads), but that's kinda close to what The Ironfire is.

Loyalist WB, nice.

Loyalist WB, the counter part to the traitor UM! They played a key role at the Xzogs Compliance in the Early Crusade (the complete opposite of the Betrayal at Calth)

Good eye! They do look like those things in the back of That settles it, Xana and Scoria, the progenitors of Daemon engines. Besides him and Red Talon man, what other powerhouse characters has FW made up for the heresy?
Holy shit, my profile name has always been XANAdu. Scoria leave me alone!

Whats the unlikliest to betray legion after UM?

Bloof angels maybe, but I can see them going full on bleh, vampire mode.

Fists are probably the least likely to betray.

Dorn cracked down on lodges and wanted his legion to be a united and cohesive unit.

That said, a few guys stuck out in the back water or serving with horus away from daddy could easily rebel but it just seems unlikely from them.

Traitor Salamanders. But Xiaphas Jurr did start a cult, so it could still happen.

Imperial Fists

Imperial Fists - Last Men Standing

>Heavy Support squads are troops, 2 must be taken
>Heavy Support squads can buy an ammo dump or barb wire plus tank trap sections. Ammo dumps must be placed within 6'' of the squad that bought it, barb wire/tank traps within 12''
>The army must have a fortification, if it has an escape hatch then infantry coming from reserves may deploy through it as if it was a table edge.

Bangles, Sallies, and Fists as everyone has said.

At last, a defensive Imperial Fist rite. Give this man a power pillow.

Does Dorn have other aquilas? We established that he has a ceremonial, sleep, and a work Aquila.
>The eagle has landed, on my head! This is Dorn by the way, I'm wearing my thinking Aquila.
Kek.

Dorn has his Aquilas, Kurze his flayed stuff and Fulgrim his art collection, but what do the other Primarchs have?

Papa Sang was into art but I suspect he uses molted feathers for pillows to hand out. Perturabo probably plays Dwarf Fortress or makes relic grade gear to calm his nerves. Ferrus and Big V also forge weapons and armor. Lorgar writes books, Alohapharius surfs, Magnus reads, El'Johnson writes poetry but I can't think of the others.

Probably is excessive but the point is to illustrate how the EC are so obsessed with perfection. Think of it like the battle against the crystal aliens mentioned in book 1. The EC are tasked with holding an unimportant world that presumably won't see any action but they nonetheless spent their time garrisoned on the planet studying maps and preparing plans for if they were attacked. When they actually were attacked they had pre-planned positions to fall back to, firing lanes, and ambush points and uttlerly rekt the xenos until their ships turned their guns on the EC giving the Imperial Army ships the opportunity to wipe out the xenos fleet.

So your formation has been preparing for this battle for a long time, they hand picked the best marines for this mission, they drilled and studied maps for it and they launched their attack or whatever. However since the EC spent so much effort getting the best marines for the mission they obviously aren't numerous (you are spending at minimum like 20ish points per model for the vast majority of your army) and since the EC get butthurt when they look bad you will hand over victory points for having units wiped out (which won't be hard with the majority of your units being just ten guys in power armour) and have your units almost certainly lose combat if they lose a challenge.

I actually based a bit of it on Alpha Legion, with them handing over a victory point for suffering higher losses and their headhunter leviathal rite of war.

What slot/detatchment will a Knight take if I use it along with a regular Legion army?

Sorry, can't access rulebook right now.

>Mortarion has an entire room filled with china teacups, and another one filled with all kind of tea-making herbs.
>All tea-flavors are poisonous
>He has a cabinet with his special tea-mix
>The key ingredient: Phosphex.

And the DG being Britbongs just keeps happening, not that I'm complaining.

I loved the battle vs the crystal aliens! I think they even counted the time they were going to spend on each position and such.

>What slot/detatchment will a Knight take if I use it along with a regular Legion army?

Ally, you would need a minimum of two knights (HQ and Troops).

Everyone is a little british, not much of a surprise given this is a british-made gaem.
Lots of stuff is from either Albia or recruited worldwide (Albion is GB, sorry Albany).
Iron Hands, Death Guard and someone else I don't remember were Albian, while the IW and WE were recruited worldwide.
And the Dark Angels are modeled after the Knights of Camelot (the Lion is asleep like Arthur).
And then there's the Crimson Fists hispanic marines! Olé!
Srsly Alexis Pollux looks nothing like the Crimson Fists, his fist-mounted combi-weapon is the only thing supporting his nickname "The Crimson Fist".
And it's painted fucking yellow.

Yep. Actually reminded me of when I used to play zombie escape maps on CSS. Everyone was so well versed on the maps that it was commonly understood how long you should hold each position and where you should stand to not get left behind or killed.

The Iron Warriors were basically Gun Runners and Khârn's Russian. Also the other Albians were the Night Lords.
>Srsly Alexis Pollux looks nothing like the Crimson Fists, his fist-mounted combi-weapon is the only thing supporting his nickname "The Crimson Fist".
>And it's painted fucking yellow
Maybe he hasn't painted it red yet.

>And then there's the Crimson Fists hispanic marines! Olé!
They were Dorn's least favorites. He went through all the trouble building that wall and instead of using it as defensive cover they just climbed right over it like it wasn't even there. And after Perturabo paid to make it no less.

I meant this. Kharn speaking with a russian accent doesn't just mean that the whole legion was russian.
Those are mexicans. Crimson Fists are Spanish.

Loyalist, no question. Even if the traitors had won, that would still create a future where daemons raping your soul is an everyday occurrence, something I would not want to be part of the cause of.

>Not sticking to your guns and taking as many traitors with you as possible

Spineless traitor tolerator

Bangels. The new lore we have for them says that they were batshit fanatics for the Imperial Truth, and we even have a RoW detailing how they would rather go down kicking and screaming dragging traitors with them to oblivion than betray, even when they thought their legion was destroyed.

How will the new changes to Flyers affect HH?

At the moment it would seem flyers lose their ability to switch between air and ground shooting and only fighter type flyers get to fire at aerial targets. Possibly only aerial targets (so only snap fire against ground targets). Something like the Xiphon might become a fighter type. Wonder how they're going to handle the likes of Lightning, which serves both an interceptor and strike fighter role. Maybe the Ground-tracking Auguries enables it to switch its role from fighter to attach fighter?

Honestly, GW probably will forget to give the 3 new stats to all of the FW flyers, as once again they have forgotten that FW exists.

Then, even if they do, it's going to be considered common courtesy to not use the dogfight phase, at least in HHG games.

My weak opportunistic human heart says Chaos.

Empy looks at me, explains his dream and I am Loyalist. I mean, come on, if he'd showed up now, I'd follow him to hell and back.

Doesn't mean FW won't end up giving them the roles. They did give their vehicles Hull points and switched structure points to hull points, didn't they? And made Russes Heavy instead of having the Behemoth rule. Why would they ignore flyer typing that other flyers will be getting? I even don't think the dogfight phase is what determines if flyers have skyfire or not. It's just for flyer on flyer action. A fighter would still be limited to an AA role and would probably suck in ground shooting.

Not really, they needed to pull off the dropsite massacre first and gather their forces before attacking Terra. Remember, the original traitor legions were only the Sons of Horus, World Eaters, Emperors Children and Death Guard. They could never take on Terra on their own.

The survivors of the Istvaan III virus bombing did delay a decent force of the traitors thought, and bought Terra some extra time to prep. The bombing was supposed to be a quick victory, which turned into a brutal prolonged cityfight. It wasn't all wasted for the traitors, since it allowed them to gain experience fighting other astartes, giving them an edge at the dropsite massacre.

There is also the short story Distant Echoes of Old Night and The Lion, the latter which features Thyphon.

The DG are also featured in Vengeful Spirit.

Just finished Path of Heaven. FUCK YOU to the spoileranon that said the Khan and Fulgrim threw down and the duel was disappointing. Fulgrim isn't even in the damn book.

That being said, Chris Wraight still knows what he's doing. Not his strongest showing, but still above the fold. The Sagyar Mazan had an AMAZING sendoff.

If are from the Saxona cluster :^)

Hey guys, is there a colour scheme preparation thing for SA like there is for most Spess Marines nowadays?

paint myself green, pretend to be an ork
if it fails - be loyal

The larger wolf skulls on SW might work.
>UM
>Unlikely to betray
user almost all of them betrayed, see: Imperium Secundus.

I'm talking about word of the treason getting out. The survivors and Angron added several weeks to Istvaan 3, but no one would even be aware that Horus was traitor had it not been because of the Eisenstein

Is it ever explained how Calleb Decima got off Isstvann III? 1d4chan Taghmata tactics has rules for him after he escaped Isstvaan II.

>user almost all of them betrayed, see: Imperium Secundus
When will this meme end?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
Sigismund's theme song yay or nay?

youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4

Nice. I always have this in my head when I imagine Siggy fighting traitors at the Siege m.youtube.com/watch?v=gvAch1Xtxvg m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-_9Idoycw not sure why.

You're right about that.

What would be good Death Guard themes?

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZZ_KlyqWNI

Something morbid and British.

Not sure, but there is only one theme song for the Thousand Sons.

youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ

youtube.com/watch?v=1zSowOS4Wyg

More British, but seems more Iron Warrior-y.

This is oddly specific. If not the TK at least Ahriman's

Well those were very dumb tactics, I don't quite grasp how they could work.
This one could be a paranoid Warsmith's song.
youtube.com/watch?v=TarlykOCZvQ

Not really.

That was the age of maneuver and grand strategy, grabbing superior ground for artillery and whatnot.

And you would see how "stupid" these tactics would be against medieval style enemies.

youtube.com/watch?v=X_NYNuAdIv0
Word Bearers

I take it this means a Dreadclaw Drop Pod can be a DT to my Red Butchers, right?

Did the DG recruit from what would be Britain? I don't remember that part of the fluff.