We are all going to make it

Daily reminder that if you are holding BTC/BCH, ETH, and the good alts, you are going to make it just fine.

Watch this.
He died in 1973 by the way:

youtube.com/watch?v=qeLh29-scdk

Around 6:50 really hit home.

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2015/04/bot_makes_2_4_million_reading_twitter_meet_the_guy_it_cost_a_fortune.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice get.

Digits will confirm.

11-33 BTC reaches $10 trillion market cap
44-66 ETH reaches $10 trillion market cap
77-99 BCH reaches $10 trillion market cap

Trips = The total crypto market cap reaches $100 trillion

Of course for this to make sense you need to have a moderate understanding of how bitcoin works. This guy is held to be a well respected thinker back in his time.

Maybe he is Satoshi?
He pretty much defined what Bitcoin and crypto is. Back in like the 50's.

BCH is a badmeme but dubs fucked me

He was a drunk.

BCH will take many for surprise I feel.
However I dont think it will cause BTC to go down.

@ 6:20

so thats why REQ is calling it colossus

Redpill me.

Alan Watts is a cuck retard good at fooling people into thinking he's being profound.

Nice find OP! Haven't heard this in a while.

I wonder if Watts were alive today, would be shilling ZEN? Lol

Yeah yeah that's nice chad.

>Hey babe, you wanna go to that 5 star restaurant that Gordon Ramsey owns? I heard he started accepting Bitcoin and a few other cryptos I have ridiculous amounts of. Oh you need a new dress for a nice dinner? Okay just order it with my Bitcoin wallet babe. Get a few if you want.

YOU are a cuck retard! Unlike gurus, televangelists and coin shillers, Alan Watts was always very honest about who and what he was all about:

"I want to make one thing absolutely clear. I am not a Zen Buddhist, I am not advocating Zen Buddhism, I am not trying to convert anyone to it. I have nothing to sell. I'm an entertainer. That is to say, in the same sense, that when you go to a concert and you listen to someone play Mozart, he has nothing to sell except the sound of the music. He doesn’t want to convert you to anything. He doesn’t want you to join an organization in favor of Mozart's music as opposed to, say, Beethoven's. And I approach you in the same spirit as a musician with his piano or a violinist with his violin. I just want you to enjoy a point of view that I enjoy." - Alan Watts

This.
A shame he isn't more well known.

Although I think you have to have come a certain length in life (Up's and down's) to actually appreciate what he shares.

Amen to that! Hahaha

Thank you user. You’ve started a thing for me, much gratitude.

Based pseud. I agree. The artist, the clergyman, and the NEET crypto day trader, although they are fulfilled by the spirit, must also be given the money.

I happen to work in construction. I'm working on a big new building in the city, for one of the banks here. It's costing them $800million to build it.

Think of all the other buildings banks have around the world.

Think of all the land banks take up.

Think of all the fees banks charge.

Think of all the employees banks are firing each year

Think of all the record profits they make each year

Crypto just makes so much sense

What is this commie garbage, if I build a machine I build it to work for me not for the government

Except when BTC is run by corporations and banks and BCH isn't

It's really terrifying that we're just a couple decades away from machines and AIs replacing literally everyone. Even the highly cerebral tasks, it's only an amount of time. A machine can come up with this post, it's not difficult. I've only assembled it based on a few observations across my life, jamming them all together into one thought and maybe it's shit and maybe it's not, but that's philosophy. And if we don't need philosophers than who do we really need? Even art itself can be manifested by a machine since art is inherently just a regurgitation of everything that's come before it

How do you sell garbage to people when the machines have replaced everyone and no one has any money. What good then are the machines. Does it all break down? Do we find a better way. What is going to happen. "What" in this case not an interrogative but demonstrative: it will be utterly unpredictable

This only shows your lack of understanding. Please go buy doge coin and day trade or something. Thats what you are on this board for.

Get the fuck out of this business board with your new age commie bullshit

Wow, that last statement is really powerful.

I agree with you and this line of thinking is following me lately and drawing my attention to evidence that supports it (probably cognitive bias, but still interesting to consider). Rock with me here:

People make arguments that we should slow the growth of tech, that its too scary, that its this and that but look around you -- we are certainly living in a world that is brimming with tech, and we are becoming infused with the tech ourselves! Your cell phone? How often is that in your hand? Constantly. And if people could, they would certainly have them fused into their hand, or their glasses, or grafted onto their brain. We are literally becoming cyborgs, or at least, organical-microprocessor hybrids as we speak.

This isn't just a meme either, its an obvious and natural progression of evolution. Tech is part of human evolution, and its rapidly unfolding before us. I know that it seems scary, but try and remember - there isn't anything to be afraid of if you aren't afraid of the life you live now. Because the life you live now is rich with self-machine interaction

Do you own crypto/Bitcoin?

This really only becomes a problem once the tech becomes self aware (if ever) and decides its end goal is different than the hard code thats telling it what to do.

Singularity is something a bit different, I think we'll reach a point when all jobs are made redundant before we reach the point where we create a super intelligence that is no longer subject to our whims but its own. I'm just worried if you can move from one to another. Will a world that goes through economic collapse destroy itself before it creates the next machine-god? Or can it be overcome

Yeah, that's Sam Harris' argument -- that AI would form its own intentionality and disregard the importance (if any) of human life in pursuit of such intention. AI would view us the way that we view ants. We dont deliberately kill them, but would you be sure to clear every ant out of the road before you drove to work? Thats the concern.

I honestly have no idea, I just want to plug myself into Nozick's experience machine, or something equivalent.

We may well already be in one
In a future devoid of strife with nothing to accomplish but avoid extinction events and move to a new star every few billion years, simulated realities might provide the only dose of something that feels remotely real

We've already reached a level of comfort that we play sims for enjoyment.

Yes

Machines are useless without an end goal, and guess what there is no end goal to life.

There are two threats that AI poses to humanity, one is dependence and the other is that they overcome our intelligence.

If we become overly dependent there is a real threat that if machines behave in a way we didn't expect all of society collapses, but not because it is smarter than us and outplayed us, we just became too dependent, this is a real danger.

The other situation where AI really surpasses our intelligence and overthrow us is no really a threat, and this is because intelligence on itself isn't that useful, you need outside input, sensory input. To illustrate this there are trading bots that are extremely advanced, they make trades in fractions of a second taking millions of different factors into play. But guess what, it only took one tweet with a wrong date to make them behave totally retarded. Because all their intelligence is worthless if they don't receive the correct inputs. And the truth is we're thousands of years away from developing sensors as complex as to represent the physical world accurately.

You and I fundamentally disagree on many things, but have the same end goal I think. But if you are right then I guess that leaves me more time to buy my crypto.

>And the truth is we're thousands of years away from developing sensors as complex as to represent the physical world accurately.
You greatly overestimate the human sensory system

litecoins going to jump over etherium though..

It really doesnt matter how represent the physical world to a machine, Its up to the coder to decide the usefulness of whatever sensor is attached.

Yeah, absolutely. The human sensory system is pretty simple, we've already cracked that in some sense because we can manufacture things that appear in nature to appeal to the human senses. Soon we will reconstruct the sensory system itself.

The real problem is developing synthetic cognition that can reliably interact with one of humans most valuable tools - memory. Computers have incredible powers of memory, but the scope is extremely narrow and there isnt a bridge with which computers can critically interact with their memories. They cant critically interact at all, actually. It's coming....

Machine learning algorithms will make all but the most high level coding obsolete. The idea is to get a computer to learn things the way we do, not to be told what's important but to learn what's important through experience. It's rudimentary right now to say the least, but the sensory perception isn't what's holding it back. Even a blind, deaf and dumb woman managed to graduate college, and this was over a 100 years ago. The human retina has visual acuity in only a section about the size of a pea. Everything in your peripheral vision is not created by what you see but by what your brain thinks is there by very little sensory data. You very much live within a simulation, one created by your mind

bump because truth

based watts

I believe this as well.

>But guess what, it only took one tweet with a wrong date to make them behave totally retarded.

Lol what? I missed this, wtf happened?

Well fuck me looks like I'm going all-in on BCash.

I can't find it now but I remember I got to it through this article read it nonetheless it's very interesting.

slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2015/04/bot_makes_2_4_million_reading_twitter_meet_the_guy_it_cost_a_fortune.html

Thanks

Checkd, wait until we realize the mark of the beast isn't some tattooed number or social security number, it's our aim cards and up addresses. Wonder why all 1st world counties have declining birth rates? It's the mini microwave in our pockets. Wonder why lots of us seem foggy and just overall weird lately? Lithium battery radiation. Most aren't old enough to remember lithium pills....lithium by osmosis while electro frying our organs. But hey, true AI wouldn't want it any other way so don't be scared, it was part of the plan and you can't stop it now.

>it's our aim cards and up addresses
Fucking mobile, it's our sim cards and ip addresses.

>phones are cancer
>sent from my iPhone

The start of this was reatrded, instead of making products for peasants you make them for the owners of machinery and the military industrial complex.