Thoughts so far? Some notable fluff things include:

Thoughts so far? Some notable fluff things include:
>All but 1 Imperial Fist dying
>Ork deathstars
>Warbosses the size of Knights
>Nobs the size of Dreadnoughts
>Orks having ambassadors
>Black Templars, Fists Exemplars, Excoriators, Iron Knights, Crimson Fists, and reunifying
>Fighting over Terra
>Eldar raid on the Imperial Palace and Custodes actually doing something
>Mechanicum secretly creating some kind of hybrid Ork-Necron monstrosity
>Black Templars and Iron Warriors coming to an uneasy alliance when they're both attacked by Orks while fighting each other.
>The origins of the Deathwatch

And supposedly...

Vulkan is gonna come back to lead an attack on the Ork "homeworld"

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1784960675/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461784000&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=i am slaughter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What?

Not the OP, but I think he's referring to:

A.) In one of the earlier books, it talks about how the Mechanicum is conducting secret tests in the Noctis Labyrinth on Mars

B.) In the latest book, a Vanus temple assassin discovers 10,000 Ork corpses inside this facility on Mars as part of the same secret research project

>>Eldar raid on the Imperial Palace and Custodes actually doing something

Are there any fight scenes between Eldar and Custodes? I could only imagine that shit would be cash.

There is but it's getting a lot of Mon-Keigh mad, as like 8 Harlequins kill a decent amount of Custodes before they're wiped out. They make it as far as the Eternity Gate.

big threAD on it the other day. custodes got btfo causing major eldar gloating and imperial asspain in the thread

Viewed through a monitor. Has yet to be seen in person. Although yes, the average boyz are much larger than normal.

I dunno man, I could almost see that, considering the Custodes biggest weakness is that they aren't good at group tactics.

I could only imagine how desperate that would be.

It's produced one of my favorite reaction images.

Just read it. The series overall has been pretty damn good. Hell, the Abnett book is the worst of the bunch, if only because it didn't have much to work with.

>Outnumbered Eldar still beating filthy Mon'keigh

Surprise surprise.

2nd book Predator Prey is the worst, nothing happens

The Emperor Expects by Thorpe is easily the best by far

Latest book at least has like 5 Chapter Masters taking on a mega armored Nob that's described to be as big as a dread.

How many pages are these books? They look fucking huge

Ah, so you're one of those "the plot isn't moving!" people. Why don't you go start some fights with the, "We only see the big names and never see normal life int he Imperium!" folks. Never seem to get you two in the same thread at the same time. Besides, it's not like the series as a whole hasn't had plenty of both.

They're short. I believe the physical books are ~200 pages, but I don't have any of them myself. Real quick reading but a new one does come out every month.

Well, they do handicap themselves by fighting almost naked.

Each is barely 200 pages, they're basically pamphlets.

Could have easily had the same amount of plot for 4-5 books

It's official......Black Library has lost it's goddamn mind.

While we're on the subject of books. I finally read Salvation's Reach, the latest book in the Gaunt series. What do you guys think of it?

It's an okay story but I can't help but notice how formulaic the Gaunt books are.

So is the next Eisenhorn vs Ravenor book ever coming out?

Pariah was three fucking years ago.

I thought the iron warriors and black templars coming together was from another book series OP? Am I wrong?

it's coming...in 2017

I read it after briefly looking through that thread and it didn't seem to me that the custodes really did get btfo'd, or at least certainly not to the extent that I had been expecting.

A Warboss of the Attack Moon.

And the biggest Warboss the Emperor faced was twice his height. Bigger than a dread but not Knight big.

Nope. A dreadnaught BT is insanely following his old friend from the pre-heresy days, who is now an Iron Warriors warsmith. The two are trapped on a planet filled with orks, and are forced to fight together in order to deny the xenos victory. Funny thing at least, the Iron Warrior warsmith is disgusted because the BT has fallen deep into Emperor Worship.

Calling it now The Beast is a Snotling.

He's gonna be the last brain boy.

That is awesome

Well he really is going to be a Snotling then.

He's a pretty hilarious character. Apparently if dreadnoughts don't go into hibernation they go insane, and he refuses to go to sleep. As a result his Castellan constantly has to try and temper him

>Harlequins mission, as assigned to them by Eldrad, is to mind-link with the Emperor and warn him about Chaos

This makes zero sense.

Bullshit, Eldrad's just trolling the Imp's/Clowns. Either that or he's gone senile. Because I think Eldrad would know that that message is to little to late..... oh OH Didn't Eldrad warn the Big E during the crusade about how dangerous chaos was, and that he should stop focusing on Xenos so much?
What if this was just Eldrad trying to say 'I told you so'?

The message was that the Orks are not the real threat. The Orks Waaagh! will pass and we will help you with it. Please focus on Chaos. Don't forget about Chaos plox.

Why give it to the Emperor then? It's not like he can communicate to anyone.

What book is this?

Nobody else is gonna listen.

>the Orks are not the real threat
I'm pretty sure the emperor and everyone else that matters has already played dawn of war and knows that ork invasions are always just a cover for something sinister.

Throneworld, the latest one

Then whats the point?
Eldrad" I'z GOtS Ta Warn Te Mon'Keigh ABoutKAOS AGIIN"
AIde "But sir not one of them will listen to your warnings. And I think they already know considering the great enemy almost destroyed them."
Eldrad "NOOOOOooOOOOO sEnDZ te Mssage to te Empragh, coz DEy Muzt Be waaghned daT KaOZ Iz te Biggah Threat, Dey NeeD Ta StOp Fightan te Orksesesezes!!!!!!"
Aide "But sir the Emperor of Mankind is pretty much dead and won't be able to communicate with anyon...."
Eldrad "DON'T KARE SENZ IN TE KLOWNNS"!!!!

Gaunt's ghosts went to shit after goreon.

Thanks friend

The book actually gives us a rare glimpse into what the Emperor is actually up to these last 10,000 years:

>The hall on the far side of the portal was of lifeless stone, part-panelled in wood killed a thousand light years away and brought in slow-drying agony across the stars. This world was as dead as its ruler. The stink of humanity lay thick upon it, the statues near the ceiling coated in dust, the shed skin cells of people five hundred cycles gone. The psychic effect was a hideous weight, thousands of years of human suffering pressing in on Lhaerial’s sensitive mind, and that was the least of it. Crushing the sensation of the dead of the Earth was the titanic presence of the Corpse Emperor. Such power made Lhaerial’s mind reel, and for a moment her contempt for the creatures of Terra wavered. The mind of the Emperor was a mountain in the surging madness of the Othersea, blinding in its brilliance. The Great Powers circled this place like razorshark waiting out the death throes of a void-whale. That terrible presence held them back, and all His little servants were ignorant of it

No shit sherlock. Everyone who's read a frigging codex knows that's what the emperors been doing. What did you think he was doing, twiddling his thumbs? Going for the world record of 'Bottles on the wall'?

Lhareal joined minds with the monumental force that remained of the corpse emperor's.
"88 billion bottles of beer on the wall 88 billion bottles of beer take one down pass them around 87billion 999 million 999thousand 999 bottles of beer on the wall"
"ummm hello"
"Fuck off before I lose my place you pointy eared git."
"But I have an important message for you Mon'keigh."
"sigh" "fine what is it"
"You must warn you're people to beware the forces of chaos."
".................................... Eldrad put you up to this didn't he?"

>"88 billion bottles of beer on the wall 88 billion bottles of beer take one down pass them around 87billion 999 million 999thousand 999 bottles of beer on the wall"
Just imagine Christopher lee sing that. Truly the most ascended being in the galaxy.

Alright
>Ork deathstars
Cool
Cool, no surprises
Again no Surprises.
>Orks having ambassadors
........Why?
>Black Templars, Fists Exemplars, Excoriators, Iron Knights, Crimson Fists, and reunifying.
.....Alright makes sense
>Fighting over Terra
......okay...
>Eldar raid on the Imperial Palace and Custodes actually doing something
......alright
Not really surprising.
>Black Templars and Iron Warriors coming to an uneasy alliance when they're both attacked by Orks while fighting each other.
Okay that kind of is.
Interesting.

My question is if the Orks have a Deffstar over Terra. Why don't they use it? Why bother sending down Ambassadorks when you can just blow the frigging planet up? Why bother sending down Ambassadorks down in the first place?

Thats a great image Laurie, can i save it?

Cuz orks want slaves, and there isn't really any GOOD scrapping to be had on Terra.

>Fanatical loyalists and Chaos marine alliance
>last survivor of a chapter

this is just like the shitty fan fiction I used to read at B&C

He didn't mention that Vulkan, Emperor and Eldrad were on good terms according to these books. Enjoy your stay.

>Orks want slaves.
Do Grots not exist or something?
>there isn't really any GOOD scrapping to be had on Terra
Oh. I see.

are you honestly surprised after the HH books

As a massive Eldar and Custodes fanboy, this makes me feel conflicted.

>orks want slaves
Orks want to fight. The harder and tougher the enemy - the more rewarding it feels after you club it down. Blowing up the planet yields no fight. Explosion is awesome, yea, but you just killed a whole faction of cool mooks that you enjoyed to fight with.

They had plenty of grots

Some of it involves Orks just wanting to be cunts and kill humies slow. In the book it is mentioned that they grind groups of humies up like star wars episode 4 garbage compactor. Seriously that happens.

I find that the Abnett's writing is becoming increasingly predictable to the point that I see all of the deaths and disasters coming pages, even chapters in advance. He also has a really irritating habit of putting the climactic battle in the last 5% of the book with little to no followup other than thatsitfolksbuymynextbookkthnxbai. It really leaves you hanging and doesn't offer any closure whatsoever. By the time the next book rolls around the story is already months or even years ahead and the previous story beats are mentioned only in passing, if at all.

Yeah I know about that but which book is it from?

The last one, Throneworld

The thing with Abnett is that I'm not sure whether he's just burnt out on writing these things (his good books are almost all from a period when he was allowed to write almost whatever he wanted, now there's more an obligation to do specific sequels rather than new content) or whether the Black Library editors have gotten even worse over the years. His comics are pretty all over the place too - Kingdom's not bad, but Sinister Dexter should have been allowed to end ages ago and it really shows.

Thanks user, I'm almost done the emperor expects so I guess I'll get there soon lol

It's shit like this that makes people say BL isn't canon

Just finished reading throneworld.
Poor Long Shanks they did not deserved their end.

to be fair he didn't warn the emps but fulgrim who got butthurt

This, the Eldar had the element of surprise, armour piercing weapons, super speed and gravity belt while the custodes have been sitting about not fighting for a thousand years.

I almost feel bad for the last Eldar though, locked away never to return, also it's pretty telling that the Eldar fear the Emperor more even than Slaanesh.

LINKS
INKS
NKS
KS
S
WHERE
HERE
ERE
RE
E

When do these books take place?

>Vangorich eyeing the eldar harlequin.

I think Dan Abnett has read LCB at some point.

Also it would seem that the Beheading is now going to be justified with the ecclesiarch worshiping orks and the Fabricator General planning to run.

>1,500 years have passed since the end of the Horus Heresy

IoM seemingly got a big too comfortable since they never thought about Terra getting assaulted because CSM had limped to heal their wounds to EoT

At least it's done so in an entertaining way

Agree, need some links here

Reminds me of how Mitchel will write the same book over and over if allowed to

They also panicked like stupid animals making the ambassidork look mahestic by comparison

I thought that was interesting, the greatest threat to space marines ended up being an outbreak of peace.

Oh shit this is gold

Dumb nigger, Terra is the most grievously overpopulated hive world ever. It is guarded by the most outlandish and balls out weaponry ever. Good Scrapping indeed.

I somehow doubt Terra is the most populated.
And the Sol system is the most protected part of the galaxy. But in 41k. This is set in like 32k when the Imperium was at peace. Nobody expected any kind of conflict, except for smaller skirmishes with Orks at the fringes, small Chaos warbands raiding around the Eye of Terror and the ocassional Eldar fuckery on less important worlds.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1784960675/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461784000&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=i am slaughter

could just be trying to figure out more about ork biology

Or feeding them to the Dragon. The thing eats lifeforce (or whatever), orks breed nice and quickly without too much mess and there's very little chance of them escaping onto the rest of Mars because of all the other predators.

How do you guys function? Remember the scene in the first novel where the Admech scientist gets an Ork chainsaw to work by putting near a dead Ork?

Put 1 and 1 together. They are using these Ork bodies to power the Ork tech they they stole from the Orks. They are trying to figure out Ork teleport tech so that they can teleport Mars out of the Sol System.

>mechanus fucking around with the WAAGH.
this will end horribly

That's kind of expected though. A shocking twist in a 40k story would be "... and everything was fine!" [appalled gasps]

I think it could be hilarious if the message is something along the lines of "Horus will betray you" and is I fact several millenniums late.

biggest gripes:
>orks on the holy soil of terra, not instanly annihilated wtf
>a xeno ship in the holy solar imperium, not instanly annihilated wtf
>the freaking Black Templars, paragons of fanatism, helping the Iron Warriors

otherwise, mediocre-good, helps scratch teh wh40k itch.

the sector solar battle fleet was off doing fuck all on order of the high lords that's probably going to be a reason dragovich is going to kill them

My favorite part of the series is how Vangorich is getting closer and closer to murdering the High Lords.

God, they better put that "1000 Eversors vs the Custodes and Space Marines" battle on paper.

>the freaking Black Templars, paragons of fanatism, helping the Iron Warriors
the most annoying part is, despite the long and colorful history of animosity between the IV and the VII legions, I can understand a couple of guys overcoming the differences and finding enough common ground to be buddies in the pre-heresy era. Hell that's basically what happened to Dantioch and Polux.

But not one of the most holier-than-thou hardliners of the Templar brethren. The Fists' first company were crusade-happy fanatics even before the Heresy happened. It would make a million times more sense for one of the reasonable marines, like a Crimson Fist, to have a history with an Iron Warrior. But I guess then BL wouldn't be able to include a masturbatory debate about RELIJUN BAD!

Tis is true, but also half of battlefleet solar was destroyed at the port Sanctus battle

So they've done the Horus Heresy and now the events leading up to the Beheading.
Will the next series be about the Age of Apostasy?

I pray not. They'll make Vandire be the good guy, and forget to include the Sisters.

>Orks having ambassadors
>Vulkan is gonna come back to lead an attack on the Ork "homeworld"

It could be executive meddling, considering how much product placement there is in the most recent books. Whereas before he would just say "the ghosts board the armoured personnel carriers". Instead it's now "the ghosts board the TAUROX BRAND tm TAUROX ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER BUY ONE TODAY".

But it could also just be that he's burnt the fuck out and the editors are forcing him to cough up sequels like Salvatore is forever shackled to the boat anchor that is writing Drizzt. I enjoyed the stories a lot more when it was composed more of "battlefield shorts", we got to see a lot more situations and conflicts and it kept things fresh. When you boil the novels down he always hits very specific tropes:

- "the puppy": There is always some innocent thing or person that gets thrown under the bus for no reason other than to remind us that war is terrible and make us feel bad (in the author's imagination).

- "the cunt": There is always one evil bastard (or group of bastards) that supposedly on the friendly side, but who you just want to kick in the face until he dies because of the many times he goes "look at the nefarious shit I get up to, don't you hate me?" But it's an artificial hatred because the cunt will always survive for multiple plot lines and only then meet his comeuppance. Invariably taking one of the characters you actually care about to the grave with him.

- "the cast": There are really only a handful of characters you actually care about. Even if you WANT to care and empathize about these people it's impossible to do so when 90% of the soldiers in these books are introduced a mere half sentence before they're dead, and then never mentioned again. It makes you feel like the entire regiment is composed of 30 people and the rest are fodder for cheap shock value.

There are many MANY more, but these are the most annoying because of how artificial they feel.

>mechanus fucking around with the WAAGH.
This will end hilariously

Well we already know it ends with a dead fabricator general.

I don't get the end of Throneworld.

What did Koorland mean about a leap of faith, and looking out into the void etc.

Every other book ended on a cliffhanger, and it just kind of went all vague.

He's questioning going all Horus on Terra and taking it over. If anything, I'm curious as hell as to where the thing about the Ecclesiarch admiring orks is going.

Yeah, much as I would LOVE to see the Age of Apostacy in theory, I'd rather not risk it.

It's why I'm glad Ciaphas Cain seems to be done for real this time. Love the series, great run, but it really should have kept to #6 being the end. You could really tell Sandy Mitchell was straining with the last three.