Red Flags

>Uses anime character art in a non-anime game
>References Kingdom Heart
>Is playing a lesbian

I think the last one actually irritates me the most.

>Red flags
>GM spergs out about your character art
>GM thinks your character is like some vidya he once played
>GM only allows straight characters

The others I can kind of understand but what's wrong with lesbian?

>red flags
>GM exists
>Character exists
>your character has a binary sexuality

A guy trying to hit on women while pretending to be a woman is pretty awkward, I've sat through it and it's just plain unfun.

I've only got the boring:
>wants to play CE Rogue
>specifies alignment in a system without alignment

I actually know a lot of lesbians so I'd be fine with them playing lesbians in-game. But is CE Rogue is playing a lesbian he can go find another game. Yes, that's happened before.

A male character trying to hit on imaginary women is cringy as fuck too. So are guys hitting on guys, guys hitting on shemales, and whatever other combination of genders you can think of. A character being lesbian doesn't change the fact that treating the game like a /d/-level hunt for pootang is awful for everyone involved.

>Red flags for GM
>Gets worked up over anime avatars when his game isn't grimdark
>Then proceeds to complain that grimdark is shit

>Not being the grimdark PC who is actually friendly as fuck
>Not wanting to meet the anime portrait PC's family for tea

>Player takes a character straight out of a anime
>Player often giggles at his phone and shows "funny" pictures to people in the middle of play
>Gets annoyed when it's his turn to do things
>Takes three to five minutes on his turn based solely because we have to explain rules to him once, then two different explanations on how he cannot use half-baked system hacks to win the encounter.
>Gets salty when we play MTG after/before a session

>Bans a race
>ask why
>Lol, I don't like it!

Your anti-gnome bias is dumb

Worst one was during a demo build of my homebrew a beta tester wanted to respec from generic class to specialized class. Normally I'm OK with this, only he wanted to do massive skills redistribute, putting all his hand to hand and gun skills into magic. Normally I'd be ok with the clas modofier tag, but the respec killed it.

As an added bonus, I sorta enforce character contiuity for the sake of lols on the screwballs amd as an emergency check on the rest of the guys, and That Guy wanted his chain-smoking womanizing not-ninja to suddemly turn into a Cleric who smiled, meditated, and forsook hookers for bibles while never holding a gun. Now, if he wanted to do a St. Nocholas, patron saint of pimps and pirates deal, sure. But character 180? No.

Good thing he left a few sessions later, or O think it would have gotten worse.

>Gm does every roll behind screen.
>Gm invokes rule 0 when things don't go their way
>Gm calls hostile npcs his children (this happened)

Found That Guy

I basically assume all of my characters are bisexual at this point.

Nobody gives a shit, and if anybody wants to start a romance subplot then it's easier.

>But is CE Rogue is playing a lesbian he can go find another game
>CE Rogue playing a lesbian
What's it like having a literally evil thief and backstabber at your table?

Bump him?

Uncomfortable desu

>thinking that your character's sexual preference needs to ever come to light
>not being a gloriously righteous ascetic wandering paladin providing religious services and the occasional smiting as he wanders the realm under a moniker that all of his faith use to make them seem to be the same travelling stranger
>thinking your disgusting carnal desires fit into this anywhere

Stop being shit.

Let me avail you guys of the latest character I rejected from my game, just his physical description.

>Armitar Hesianen is a short, middle aged man, with a paunch that hangs a bit over his belt buckle despite all of his efforts to keep it in check. His shoulders and forearms are still quite muscular from his more active early life, though some signs of age are present there too, it's not as defined as it once was. He usually wears long, loose grey robes, since his five foot long penis makes pants impractical. Usually, he cinches his robe with his dick instead of a soft rope like most of his order, wrapping it around his waist and sticking the tip in his ear. He prefers sandals and otherwise bare feet, but occasionally the swelling in his ankles compels him to more protective footwear.

How do you stick the tip of your penis in your ear and not have it fall out when you move around?

It's not like there's an interlock in your ear for penis.

I don't know, and I didn't want to expose myself to this person's thought processes to gain more insight into the subject.

That would've been cool if he was just a paunchy middle aged dude with a normal sized penis who acted like Frank from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. But why the penis? Did you ask? I would reject that too but I sure as fuck would want to know what compelled someone to make a fat dumpy man with a horsecock for a social game.

Everything was perfectly fine until the five foot schlong showed up, fuck.

>"I'm going to play the party healer! Don't make me mad now!"

Seriously, fuck off. Every time someone says the "don't make me mad, I'm a healer!" It almost always means that the person sucks ass in general (and never heals anyway)

I had a (male) player who invariably made a lesbian mechanic in every non-fantasy game. There was never even anything sexual about the character other than the fact that he liked pointing out that the character was a lesbian. They never hit on female NPCs or did anything to show the character's sexuality.

I mean, I could imagine situations that could leave onto people having five foot long penis. Like say you're a warlock and you made a pact with fiend, one of the side effect is that your penis starts to mutate, and if you try to chop it off it just grows back in even more crazy ways. Maybe after cutting his fiend penis a few times it grew back five foot long and he thought "close enough, I'm not risking any more crazy shit".

>What's it like having a literally evil thief and backstabber at your table?

It's why we didn't invite him to our subsequent RPG sessions. And he was also the kind of guy who wasn't having fun unless everyone else wasn't, which included in RPG games, videogames, and MtG.

And his GF was a cheater (relationship wise) and pathological liar who popped LSD tablets casually, was an attentionwhore, and abused the self-esteem of our vulnerable friends. Well, at least he got the Crohn's disease to balance out the karma equation.

>be GM, make a set of rules governing character creation
>player ignores them or tries to (poorly) circumvent them
>be GM, set down standards for characters to mesh in to the setting
>player ignores them
That's really it, as a GM.
>be player, have a question about how X rule works
>GM gives me an answer
>Next week, GM ignores answer they gave me or changes it all together

>(and never heals anyway)

Stop making him mad

The answer is, of course, to intensify the bullying.

Who says anyone does?

Fuck gnomes, they're just shittier Halflings, which are just shittier Dwarves. Just play a midget with schizophrenia if you want to play a gnome.

Especially since it's kind of tucked in the middle and he doesn't draw too much attention to it, just kind of casually references it in a tone that suggests this is normal.

Bet you anything his would be player wanted to slip it past an inattentive GM, and then suddenly burst out that his character has a giant penis monster.

The current iteration of this red flag amounts to casting Sanctuary and then explaining to the group that she can't do anything but stand thete or else the spell will be broken. Druid manages all the healing in and out of combat while also CCing and damaging/setting traps with summoned animals.

Enjoy your death.

>someone expects every cleric to be a healer

Because 95% of the time, the character's sexuality has no relevance to the game, contributes nothing to characterisation or character development, is often based entirely on crude stereotypes or muh yuri animu and in general is mentioned only to tickle the player in question's dick.

I'm not saying the concept of a lesbian character is inherently bad, because it doesn't usually make an enormous difference unless That Guy brings it up every time they encounter something vaguely female and if the GM and the player have skin thicker than a couple of microns and/or any decent amount of RP skill (ideally both), you can actually explore meaningful plotlines stemming from societal perception of rejection of their orientation (setting dependent, ofc). Hell, even a straight up romance subplot is fine if you're comfortable with it and can make it about RP and character development instead of scissoring and going "doushio".

Tldr; it's in the same boat as child and (to an extent) demand female characters: nothing inherently wrong with them, but so thoroughly ruined by That Guys that many GMs will refuse to deal with them, and not entirely without reason.

Just means they're new more often than not.

>Is playing a lesbian

Get triggered, nigger.

It's just not c/u/te when a neckbeards plays one.

And where the fuck did that "demand" come from? I hate mobile keyboards.

Find better players senpai.
Also the power of JRPGs and rolled relationships leading to a zombie loli harem.

>mentions having written short stories/fanfiction
>players directly basing their characters on someone from a movie/tv show
immediately DQ'd

And to continue that theme
>setting has something very similar to a video game/movie (spell/item/city/class)
>player uses the videogame/movie name instead of the setting name
Deus Ex fags are the worst about that
>augments
fuuuuck

>Uses anime character art in a non-anime game
>caring what style your players character art is in
>being upset about anime on a Tibetan firefighter forum

>loli AND haremshit

I've got cancer now. At least it sounds like you're playing the appropriate system for that sort of stuff though.

>nechronica with lesbians

VERY much unsure if want.

The biggest weeaboo cancer and you can't do anything to stop us.

>specifies alignment in a system without alignment
I wouldn't care much... Except when the proclaimed alignment is CN or any evil spectrum.

>Not wanting a cute zombie loli to spill her guts for you
Missing out on the dream senpai, and the clean up.

>tfw creepy weeaboo /u/fags pedos probably play more RPGs than the majority of Veeky Forums
LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH

>The JRPG general had 60+ members and a decent player GM ratio unlike the worthless gamefinder threads

Well of course that's the case, they actually care about games unlike the rest of Veeky Forums that is busy wanking over ebin nat20s and arguing over 3.PF things that will never matter because they'll never play games.

I might in part also be the JRPG are really easy to pick up and run.

>wanking over ebin nat20s

I haven't seen this in a while because I haven't seen a proper storytime in a while. Feels bad.

Well, that's because they're designed for one-shots more than long campaigns, isn't it?

Some can do long campaigns and have interesting systems just for that like ryuutama.