Warhammer 40k General

\Ŧ/ Legio Astorum \Ŧ/ edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Deathwatch-Overkill-EN
games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Chaos-Space-Marines-Possessed
games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Dark-Eldar-Scourges
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dark-Eldar-Razorwing-Flock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Demiurg Next Christmas.

Orks
that is all

Star Phantoms claim this thread for the Emperor!

Dark Eldar what gives?

This gives me 2 boners

only 1 post from the Emperors warriors? This thread must be purged.

I saw the tau in the pictures and now my boner is gone

Chiken is not 40K
pls remove chiken

I'm looking for a third army that I can very very slowly grow over time. What's the most fun army to paint when taking a break from painting marines?

its part of 40k Veeky Forums general.

What is the best way to make Genestealer Cult armies? I was thinking of an Imp Guard army that focuses on tanks, then take the Broodlord's Hunting Pack a few times for lots of genestealers. If that needs more point capturing I was thinking of running Skytyrant Swarm a few times for flyrant spam and gargoyles to jump on points.

Legio Titanicus

Forced meme is no part general.
pls remove.

Fuck off.
Both you and the dedicated pro-chickenfags are cancer which keeps shitting up the general.
The chicken has been there for months without causing any problems, and we've even switched between an edit with and witout the chicken routinely.
You're causing problems just to cause problems.
Stop that you flaming fucking faggot.

I say that they are part of 40K.

one of the regular 40k armies though, that I can use in regular games.

Don't engage him.
Just tell him to shut up and stop listening to him after that. He's only fishing for (you)s

I would just get
>games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Deathwatch-Overkill-EN
with a mixture of regular guardsmen and other tyrannizes

Ah, but the chicken repels trolls, in that regard he is most welcome.

whatever the hell you wan't. I could play and enjoy every 40k army.

is imperial guard good ?

err.. excuse me is Astra Militarum good?

so you like painting every army equally?

This thread is being patrolled by the Warp Runners

Tyranids. Duh.

Wrong pic.

Thanks, that actually looks really good (and pretty cheap).

Those are some crazy underpriced units they have there. If there were any ways to take them except the formation the Faithful Strong would be broken. 2 Las Cannons, 2 grenade launchers and 2 autocannons with 16 models for 110 points.

Considering what happened in previous threads or 40K generals in tehe general, he is doing a bad job at it.

Proof?

I'd suggest Tyranids. They're a horde army, so you can easily buy small boxes and steadily paint individual gaunts until you've got an entire swarm going.

They're also organic, which might be a nice change of pace from marines.

sounds good. I thought they might be fun to paint.

nah you paint them all different to make them look badass. all the miniatures look good when theyre done well.

What's every faction's positive and negative 'End Game'?

that's a lot to type out nigga.

Good: Everyone dies, thus freeing several thousands of trillions of sentient souls from the warp by killing it.
Bad: Everyone doesn't die, hell continues to be real and awaits us all.

Imperium is easy

Good: Everyone else is dead, mankind rules the galaxy and ascends into a new era of psychic master race
Bad: Anything other than that

Orks
Good: In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium there is only war
Bad: Galactic Peace

I play Black Templars, they have a simple goal.

cleanse the universe of all heresy, or die trying. Templars have no home planet, they spend their entires lives on crusades looking for heresy to purge.

According to ze lore, the Orks purpose of existence is to conquer the galaxy. Mork and Gork are ad at the Orks for forgetting about all of that.

god I love Black Templars

Playing killteams orks and rout tests at LD7 are fucking brutal. Is it better to have more boys so that i(hopefully) stay above 50% or is it better to have a bunch of hardboyz and hope they survive?

Am I the only one who thinks that Gork and Mork are basically the same as Khorne?

Me and my buds tossed the Rout rules, dumb as fuck rule desu

Dark Imperium ending : Abaddon casts down the Emperor and takes his place as the Dark Emperor. He denies the Chaos Gods victory and builds his Dark Imperium from the ashes of the old Imperium. The Age of Darkness and Tyranny begins.

Daemon Imperium : The Emperor is destroyed and Abaddon's treachery is punished. All humanity is transformed into living warp portals that vomit the warp in the galaxy. All Time, space, and life are destroyed. Only Chaos and the laughter of thirsting gods remain.

The Prodigal Son : Be'lakor possesses Abaddon and steals his victory at the last moment. He uses the power of an entire galaxy sacrificed to ascend himself to godhood. He challenges the Chaos Gods and one by one he casts them from their thrones. Be'lakor would stand alone as the One True God of Chaos/Warp. The multiverse will tremble as the Shadow God begins preparation for his next masterplan.

Ending C is best ending

I personally think Gork and Mork are actually the Old One scientists who made the Krork, and have been altered by Ork belief to fit their own world view.

That being said, my brother and I have argued about whether Khorne was originally made by the Krork's violence. The four original species fit the four gods pretty well, Nurgle for Necrons, Tzentch for Old Ones, Slaneesh for Eldar and Khorne for Orks.

We at Games Workshop are pleased to Announce all Renegades sets have sold out!!
We are excited to share our newest product with you.

Introducing the new Guilliman Class Dive Bomber for the Adeptus Astartes. This airborne aggressors is equipped with 2 knight buster missiles and a twin link punisher cannon

The knight buster Missile remain airborne for one turn and has AV 13 and 2 HP with an automatic jink save of 4+ The knight buster missile's heat seeking capability is primitive coupled with its slow travel speed means it can pierce the ballistic ion shielding of a knight but can only target superheavy vehicles .

Can I work for GW now?

Yep. Just you.

basically but not as evil.

Khorne wants to destroy the universe and have blood sacrificed in his honour.

Gork and Mork are just eternal gods of war.

>Khorne wants you to kill because he likes it
>gorkamorka wants you to kill because he likes it

>DIRE PROPHECIES

>At the end of the 41st Millennium, it isn’t just the Imperium in turmoil. The Eldar race is on the brink of destruction, prompting alliances between them and their dark kin to ensure survival. The Tau Empire, so keen on conquest, finds itself assailed by Orks and Tyranids while simultaneously waging war against the Imperium. But what of the Necrons? While other races fight for survival, they remain suspiciously quiet. For now…

-From ''A Galaxy in Flames'' WD article by Matt Ward)

In the 40K End Times, the Necrons (all of them) have gone silent as the grave.

Necrons conformed to have no End Game.

What's they're initiative?

Still looking for some feedback on this Nurgle-aligned Crimson Slaughter list, any input would be appreciated (for casual games, nothing competitive)

Brethren of the Dark Covenant (852pts)
··Chaos Space Marines [6x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Mark of Nurgle, Meltagun, 6x Take CCW]
····Aspiring Champion [Boltgun, Melta Bombs]
····Chaos Rhino [Dozer Blade]

··Chaos Space Marines [6x Chaos Marine with Boltgun, Mark of Nurgle, Meltagun, 6x Take CCW]

··Dark Apostle [Mark of Nurgle, Power Maul]

··Possessed [Mark of Nurgle, 4x Possessed, Possessed Champion]

The Ravagers (398pts)
··Chosen [5x Chosen with Boltgun, CCW and Boltpistol, Mark of Nurgle, Plasma Gun, 4x Replace boltgun w/ Plasma gun]
····Chaos Rhino [Havoc Launcher, Dozer Blade]
····Chosen Champion [Boltgun, Combi-plasma]

··Possessed [Mark of Nurgle, 4x Possessed, Possessed Champion]

Anyone have some suggestions for some non OOP GW models that would fit these rules?

For some perspective the official models were basically face huggers with webbing between the legs. I was thinking bats but none they sell fit on 28mm bases or look good.

I'm just getting into warhammer 40k and I've read up on the Tau codex so I know I can only field 1 Iridium Suit in an Army, but could I use the chest model for multiple suits because it looks cool anyways?

Would people complain about this even if I make it very clear that the suits are not using the Iridium, but I have them like that because it looks cooler?

My plan would be for multiple XV8's with the heavier looking armor

>Dark Eldar

Positive Ends
CWE all die creating ynnead, harlequins team up with cegorach to fight alongside ynnead + DE to kill slaanesh.
Without slaanesh all dead Eldar souls consumed by slaanesh are able to reincarnate.

Neutral Ends
Anything that doesn't destroy real space for example abbadon creating dark imperium which wouldn't affect DE in any meaningful way.

Negative Ends
Anything that means no more slave raids for example Chaos Gods win, or Necron win.
Khaine's gate is breached letting slaanesh inside a major webway artery, and it isn't closed in time to stop the rappening.
Lady Malys is so angsty at Vect that she destroys all of Commoragh to get to him.

On a potentially good note Vect is teaming up with Urien to create a doomsday bunker where DE could survive these apocalypses, and of course he has placed all his rivals in positions to be the first to die when the apocalypses start.

>games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Chaos-Space-Marines-Possessed

>games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Dark-Eldar-Scourges

I doubt anyone would have a problem, so long as you signified the use of actual Iridium armor in another way.

I also think it might be difficult to get a large number of those, but using them for a more elite small team is more feasible.

>Would people complain about this even if I make it very clear that the suits are not using the Iridium, but I have them like that because it looks cooler?

What are conversions

What are proxies

What are "Shut the fuck up you wysiwyg anal fucktard"

What is "Tau are bad and you should feel bad"

Any thoughts on this list?

+++ 1500pts +++

+ HQ (130pts) +
Chaos Lord (130pts) [Bike, Burning Brand of Skalanthrax, Close Combat Weapon, Mark of Slaanesh, Power Armour, Warlord]

+ Troops (800pts) +
Noise Marines (275pts) [Chaos Rhino, 8x Extra CCW, Icon of Excess, 8x Noise Marines, 8x Replace Boltgun w/ Sonic Blaster]
····Noise Champion [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Doom Siren]

Noise Marines (275pts) [Chaos Rhino, 8x Extra CCW, Icon of Excess, 8x Noise Marines, 8x Replace Boltgun w/ Sonic Blaster]
····Noise Champion [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Doom Siren]

Noise Marines (125pts) [4x Noise Marines, Replace Boltgun w/ Blastmaster]
····Noise Champion [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon]

Noise Marines (125pts) [4x Noise Marines, Replace Boltgun w/ Blastmaster]
····Noise Champion [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon]

+ Fast Attack (115pts) +
Raptors (115pts) [2x Meltagun, 4x Raptor]
····Raptor Champion [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon]

++ Black Legion Sorcerer Cabal Formation (455pts) ++

+ HQ (455pts) +
Sorcerer (110pts) [Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Veterans of the Long War]
····Force Weapon [Force Stave]

Sorcerer (110pts) [Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Veterans of the Long War]

Sorcerer (125pts) [Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Spell familiar, Veterans of the Long War]

As long as it's easy to understand who is the actual HQ no one should give you any problem.

> Eldar
Good: They Go Extinct
Bad: They Go Extinct
> Imperium
Good: Conquer the Universe so that all humans can live in peace for all eternity and become the Ubermensch
Bad: Literally anything else
> Tau
Good: Conquer the Universe so that all tau can live in peace for all eternity.
Bad: Get noticed by Senpai(Imperium)
> Tyranids
OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM
> Orks
They've already won.
> Necrons
> Dark Eldar
What the fuck is an End-Game? Please follow me down this suspicious dark staircase into what I totally swear isn't a torture dungeon
> Chaos
Good: Abaddon finally dies, Chaos fucks off to the maelstrom to go fight with itself for all eternity
Bad: Abaddon somehow lives to enact another 9,000,000 black crusades.

Okay thanks this helps a lot, cheers

Because fuck it, flyers weren't already immortal enough, right?

Off the top of my head, Necrons (due to earlier leaks using their flyers as examples of attack craft) just lost their only anti-air unit. Probably won't be the only army hit.

>Good: Conquer the Universe so that all tau can live in peace for all eternity.

>What the fuck is an End-Game? Please sign down at the bottom of this suspicious dark contract that totally swear isn't an indefinite servitude

FTFY*

flyers are hard to kill but ineffectual for their point cost. The Bomber class and dogfight phase allow them greater impact on the game on the ground but also make them easier to counter.

TL;DR You are probably gonna need to buy a flyer, sorry about that

This isn't a bad thing per-say, it just means that bombers and strafing run planes can't shoot down other planes and "maybe" that fighter planes can only fire at other planes.

>Tl;dr Things on the ground with skyfire prob will keep skyfire

So, everybody will get their own interceptor? What about fighter-bombers?

That seems like a really dumb change. What's the point of the fucking gunner grots on the Ork bombers? They're modelled in a similar way to actual planes, and those sorts of turret mounted guns were only for killing enemy planes and defending the bomber!

Hell, the Sunshark is a Bomber, and it has a pair of Interceptor drones also specifically designed to attack enemy flyers with Skyfire.

Whose idea was this? This is terrible. Now not only are dedicated Fighters better at taking out enemy air units, but Bombers and Attack Flyers can hardly defend themselves at all.

ey thanks for the links, but I was thinking more little beasties rather than full sized models to represent the toughness 2 better.

I found what I was looking for though, razorwings are perfect for the whole "latching onto some poor guys face and clawing at it" thing.
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dark-Eldar-Razorwing-Flock

sleep snug, smug

They also listed the Stormraven as an attack flyer, so Blood Angels have no access to Skyfire either.

The right definition for Sunshark Bomber is "fighter-bomber".

I'm assuming they mean that only Fighter will be given Skyfire automatically just for being Flyers. Still seems very dumb though.

I had the most fun painting Nurgle Daemons, and Knights.

Holy shit youre right, the stormraven was poor anti air before because if it didnt get to shoot first it was fodder but now they LITERALLY have no skyfire

The Warp Runners fought throughout the Great Crusade and still retain a number of Titans blessed by the Emperor of Mankind himself. Later, the Legion fought throughout the darkest days of the Horus Heresy, and participated in numerous engagements including the Battle of Tallarn. Legend has it that a battlegroup of Legio Astorum Titans was present at the defence of the Emperor's Palace during the Battle of Terra and ever since those dark days of the Great Betrayal, the Warp Runners have continued to faithfully serve the Emperor and His Imperium.

Jesus Christ, the only reason I even take flyers is to get access to Skyfire on units that don't have to snap fire at ground targets.

Maybe, except on the leaks we already have it was listed as an example of the new Bomber Category.

If anything it got off lucky though, since it's two Interceptor drones can still fight flyers for it.

It still makes the rest of its wargear dumb though. No reason to take missiles to defend itself or use the networked markerlight to aim at enemy flyers.

It just feels really off when a Flyer that has guns that are clearly designed for taking on other air units can't use them at all.

Man, my Scythes just got ruined. Welp, I am off to sell my Necrons...

why do I get the feeling this just buffs Eldar.

What is really stupid is that the new rule doesn't effect FMCs, who are better than aircraft now anyway. Those Flyrants just get better and better.

Welp, guess flyers just got added to the list with Psykers of units too much of a complicating nuisance to bother ever using.

Is the Razorshark Strike Fighter in the list? Technically Strike Fighters are interdictor bombers, I think.

I'll buy your Scythes and any immortals you have for 10$ per Scythe and 20$ per 20 Immortals.

Maybe the New Dogfight rules won't take effect until the "8th edition" update, hopefully we get a new interceptor model for everyone in that time.

Yeah, I'd have to agree, that seems most likely the case.

>being a space wolf
>neither flier is going to be fighter
>we won't get new flier
Fuck you GW.

Probably. Crimson Hunters are definitely Fighters, which means there's a lot less enemy aircraft to threaten them now.

The Wraith flyer is probably going to be listed as an Attack Flyer, since it's better for blowing up ground vehicles, but this doesn't affect it at all since it already had Blasts and couldn't shoot flyers anyway.

Maybe it might nerf some of the Forgeworld Bombers, but I don't know their loadout well

Meh, almost no one used fighters in our store anyway.

Hope is the first step on the road of disappointment brother.

They didn't list it, but it's either going to be a Fighter (because it's in the name) or a Attack Flyer, because it's good at attacking ground targets, but isn't quite a bomber.

I think they'll go with what it's intended role is though and make it a Fighter in order to further differentiate it from the Sunshark, because currently both of them are very similar in function.

Is there a pic of the list?

Eh, you never know. They might give that new interceptor to all the chapters for more sales.

They better do that, just look at the blood angels.

Here There were a couple other leaks in the previous thread as well, but we got a handful of examples of each type of unit in each category.

Sunshark was specifically called out as a Bomber.

I'm now worried what this means for Guard though, as I don't think they have any dedicated fighter craft.

You have Hydras

>Be Admech
>Either have zero anti-air in list, or take 125 point model that's dead points if the opponent takes no flyers

Flyers are a cancer on the game and should never have stopped being fast skimmers.

A-At least my Black Templars get all the new toys even when they're basically ignored and forgotten.

I'd probably trade places with one of you BA or wolves players if it just meant their own codex really.

It does say Bombers have extra firepower in the form of turrets, which it's just vaguely possible might have the Skyfire special rule.

>Literally ever putting dead points in a TAC list to deal with 1 in 10 armies