Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/J3Nv182k

Walking Dead is cool edition

Flesh, tasty flesh, raw flesh, dead flesh, all will be consumed.

Is that Zombies? Ogres? Ghoulkins? Or tyranid. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fr/maps/@51.5182695,-0.131761,3a,75y,51h,75.17t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sLE7l5CKI-qwAAAQn7yoEsg!2e0!3e2!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en
baddice.co.uk/generals-handbo...ames-workshop/
mega.nz/#!vhphTLKR!zl3-mhYkZBSC3Dh6qNgOC3oNiQAEUXxMpShBMefrECI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for President Kroak and Kroakcare

Have you ( Or anyone else rather) had any experience playing with them homebrew 'nid rules? They seem bretty neato and fighting "cosmic terrors" doesn't sound so far fetch in the realms of Daddy Swigmar

Second for Mannfred did nothing wrong.

That's actually a neat idea.

I've been messing around with ideas for making a Stormcast Stormhost and I've decided to try my hand at making a Stormhost based on the Heavy Metal genre for the fun and hell of it. I mean, there is a realm of Metal after all.
Problem is it's currently late where I am so I'm truthfully lacking in imagination right now. So I'm asking you guys to share any thoughts/ideas that your willing to share on the subject and matter. I might even try my hand at using the new creation tables to see if I can roll up anything intresting.

I'd say use the tables to figure it out first. See if it produces anything good. I don't think asking the general is a good idea as not a lot of fa/tg/uys are into Sigmarines (honestly if you like them, that is swaggin for you).

I don't think Mannfred ever once did something right though. His saving grace is the fact Konrad dragged the class average down so low that even Thanquol and Be'lakor look good by comparison.

Aside from some range modifications that I heard it needs, the rules for the AoS nids I heard were pretty neato and somewhat terrifying to play against. I may try this shit out with a m8 and see how it plays out on the pool choice sys.

>I don't think asking the general is a good idea as not a lot of fa/tg/uys are into Sigmarines
True, though honestly I do like asking the generals for help since theres often some great advice and ideas offered when anons are in a more creative mood.
I just don't want to rely on the tables stright away, I'd like to try to set up the idea from the ground up if I'm able, ya know?
Anyways, thanks none the less for the advice user.

"Details starting to come out in UK (national manager's meeting Monday).
4 classifications, not based on keywords - In essence characters, troops, warmachines and monsters.
Each category is min/maxed relative to the others.
Core rules unchanged.
Get down your local GW, looks like managers have been briefed on what the plans are and are allowed to discuss."
-derkkaderkka

britbongs get in here

Wartorn and weathered sigmarines instead of pristine

battle damage

I'd just go for chaos conversions though, not sure what you are envisioning.

Although some of the early art for sigmarines is very 70/80s rock/metal face burning electric guitar solo fantasy...

>I don't think Mannfred ever once did something right though.

He tried to save Tarus Bullheart because he genuinely liked the guy because he was the only guy who truly believed in him and trusted him.

Mannfred's journey to becoming an anti-hero begins

>Wartorn and weathered sigmarines instead of pristine, battle damage
That would be pretty cool looking, and a few conversions might do the trick.
>not sure what you are envisioning.
>Although some of the early art for sigmarines is very 70/80s rock/metal face burning electric guitar solo fantasy.
I guess choosing a single genre to focus on might help. Power and Black metal come to mind, but how fun/crazy do you think a Glam Metal stormhost would be and if it's possible?
I can already picture the conversions to add wild and crazy hair...

I think glam metal is a good description but usually gets pulled off through complete art peices where the environement and enemies also fit the theme, hard to make usual sigmarine models more that than they already are. I'd go for black metal personally, but maybe try some test color schemes?

Either way the feel sjould be pretty epic and dramatic, I think that new exalted spear dude is very fitting but chaos/barbarian style. Mini dioramas come to mind.. but the biggest challenge with doing it with sigmarines will be working around fairly static poses..

ideally you could have a unit that each has a pose that when all on the table kinda looks like they are all in the same diorama.. I dunno.

Yeah that stuff is very pose oriented to get the feel I think.. overly dramatic extreme force or resolute.. hard with static units.. without alot of work.

That said if you are up to the task it would look very unique and striking with well converted sigmarines - all in very individual or narrative poses when players would be used to troops that all look similar.

there is an exception for formation tho, for example you can field neferata blood court by itself apparently. (doing this is heavily comped)

Where can we get more info??

Local GW, like the Tottenham Court Road one, they all got briefed, you can ask questions there if you are a regular you'll have much more info than me tho.

this one : google.fr/maps/@51.5182695,-0.131761,3a,75y,51h,75.17t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sLE7l5CKI-qwAAAQn7yoEsg!2e0!3e2!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

I wish all available info was just online, would be alot easier for a global fanbase to get into.

@Jipin not keywords as such, split into leaders, battle line units, behemoths and warmachines (may not be correct names or finalised) 1/2

@GWHull

then the way to build your army says you can have min/max of each depending on size 2/2

Fucking report in britbongs

This scenario dictates you can have a maximum of 0 (zero) details for this game.

Cosmic horror actually..

Yo dawgs, why is the Neferata Blood Court everywhere on the tables ?

Each time i walk in my Club, at least 1 guy is using it. It's not strong so what's the appeal ?

mmm.. All flyers formations? yes not strong but quite mobile, you can focus on half your enemy force on turn 1, which means that on most board, he will need at least 2 turns to get the rest of it's army there.

Basically the surprise factor of an all flying force. You use 100% of your formation against 25% to 50% of his, you don't need much overall power when it's concentrated into your opponents ass.
By the time the rest of his army got there you already killed the other half.
Fast forces were good in 8th and are now better since there's much more terrain.

It also use all the badass models of the death alliance so...

Does anyone have a download for "Fist of Gork, fist of Mork"?

Various podcasts (baddice, facehammer, heelanhammer) have info on the upcoming matched play system, but I can't listen to them where I am now. Has anyone listened to these by any chance, and would be kind enough to type up a few highlights?

Bad Dice Podcast episode 131 - The Generals Handbook - Our experiences visiting Games Workshop.

In this episode I team up with Dan and Wayne from Heelanhammer and Russ from Facehammer podcast to talk about the scenes play testing at Games Workshop we were invited to take part in.

The episode is 30mins long and I have never been so happy about one of my podcast releases.

baddice.co.uk/generals-handbo...ames-workshop/

The Generals Handbook is an awesome new release from games workshop that includes 3 new ways to play Age of Sigmar including Open, Narrative and Matched play.

Open play is pretty much Age of Sigmar as we know it now, Narrative is story driven along the line of the realm gate wars books and the 3rd version is Matched play which includes a FULL POINTS SYSTEM for all Warscrolls in the Age of Sigmar.

Ben Curry (Bad Dice Podcast), Dan Heelan (Heelanhammer), Wayne Kemp and Russ Veal (Facehammer) were invited into games workshop to, and i quote, "Help make it great"

This episode is our experiences on this fantastic weekend and a first look at what is coming in the Generals Handbook.

In the show, in addition to talking about the fantastic time we had meeting Jervis Johnson and other members of the studio, and getting to play stet some of the ideas and scenarios in the book and we also release more information about the contents of the book.

* First thing, its a book and will be release in the summer. *
* There are 5 new campaigns including path to glory,
* 22 new battle plans from small games all the way up to epic battles between the games biggest characters. *
* 6 new 'Pitched Battle' scenarios
* Multi-player and team play and of course,
* full points values for every Warscroll in Age of Sigmar.

Listen to the full episode for more information

Check it out at baddice.co.uk

I want to believe

Listening to it now.

Book: 'Generals Handbook'
5 campaigns, 22 battleplans, 6 pitched battles, multi-player, teamplay + Warscroll points

Mobi only.

mega.nz/#!vhphTLKR!zl3-mhYkZBSC3Dh6qNgOC3oNiQAEUXxMpShBMefrECI

Generals handbook summer release all three modes Matched play, narrative and open
22 battle plans including different size games - small warbands to large with massive heroes end times levels
Rules for multiplayer and team games
Points for every warscroll and battalion in AoS
6 pitched battles
160+ pages

Open is the same

Narrative is campaign
5 campaign systems one includes a matched play spin
Play thru a story arc, build army up
Path to glory
Matched
2k pts range 2-2.5 hour battle + different point sizes and levels of battle

>Points for every warscroll and battalion in AoS
I'm disappointed, if they won't update the point monthly via pdf or app. :(

Their soc media said app would be updated as well as other free options likely the pdfs.

every single book has been digitalized those past 3 year and you think point costs wont ?

Those notes are just from the heelan hammer podcast, says later podcasts might talk about more.
That seems to be all info in current podcast.
Also they mentioned they met up for the playtesting about a month ago (at time of recording) if that gives you an idea of their publication timeframe.

Thanks for taking the time the type this stuff up dude.

Was hoping for the audiobook, but thanks a lot, better than nothing.

KROAKS NOT EVEN FROM AZYR!! HES A DAMN FOREIGNER!!!!

i want to see kroaks birth certificate damnit

I really hope they don't impose a core tax

Wait, it's going to be a released book? Matched Play rules won't be free??

And if it's a book release then that means they have been planning it for a while and this is not a knee-jerk reaction

Fuck I have too much shit to paint

>6 ripperdactyls
>6 terradons
>3 kroxigor
>astrolith bearer
>kroak
>30 saurus guard
>troglodon
>19 saurus warriors
>8 saurus knights
>starpriest
>8 chameleon skinks

I imagine the rules will be free, but the scenarios and battleplans and what not will only be in the book.

>characters, troops, warmachines and monsters. Each category is min/maxed relative to the others.
It indeed implies a core tax, but also assumes what were once special choices and rares as core (as long as it's not monsters or warmachines)

It does not necessarily imply a core tax. It could be like SCGT where the troops are cheaper but not required.

Someone mentioned gw managers can give info about it, they had the impression it was less like unlocks and closer to force org, what the difference is between the two I have no idea.

Release slated for around 22/23 july, around 15gbp

From what I am going to guess your core may be very wide range of anything that is a unit without the keywords war machine, or monster and has a minimum of 5+

That's just my guess because that would clearly keep the starting boxes valid.

>Each category is min/maxed relative to the others.
Are we reading this part differently perhaps?
I see that each category has a minimum and a maximum number of slots based on the others (stuff like 1 monsters each 2 troops, or 1 character per troop and so on)

"leaders, battle line units, behemoths and warmachines"

yeah sounds like a good guess. and so then they go points to differentiate elite inf and base inf?

base inf typically has bonuses at bigger sizes, but like you said min unit size is pretty telling. They could just organise by min unit sizes alone (for most units) into unit catagories and it is pretty clear of their relative power level.

Yeah as long as it doesn't all hinge on forcing core, could clarify a bit how force org would come into that different to unlock/tax.

lots of possible force orgs to choose and you can avoid or minimise core choices maybe..

I'm reading it as the point values are "min/maxed" like they are optimized. Your interpretation is valid, too.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Or if you go into gw and talk to a manger report back info .... aparrantly beefeater managers have looked through the draft docs.

>53 posts
>no shitposting yet

I guess the 10am shitposter isn't awake yet

That doesn't help though if you are in the US, and on the Midwest or worse yet west, then you have 2.5 hours to wait, to 5.5 hours to wait before you can learn anything.

Thats right, so hoping uk players will give info but not much so far.

Won't be able to check in with my local manager until Saturday. If there's anything new to report by that point I'll pass it on.

Awesome thanks!

I don't get what's so bad about core units, why don't you want to field an actual concise looking army? Troops are the cornerstone of any force

Anyone trying to run all monsters or some fluff element should be playing non-points anyway

There's nothing wrong with troops but being forced to take them feels bad and restricts army building

Troops should be played because they are useful, not because you are required to use them.

>why don't you want to field an actual concise looking army

The problem is, user like me wanna field a fantasy force instead of medieval army, up to personal taste. However, a concise looking army is cool too, just not flexible?

I run base troops when I want to, having to isn't as fun.

I have different ideas for forces I want to represent on the table. Sometimes base troops don't come into that theme. Dwarves, I like ironbreakers but not warriors not because of power - warriors are strong now. Is that base troop enough for you? I don't powergame at all, it also is not that entertaining. I find the dice punish players enough already.

We warned you.

also a mass of required random troops is the opposite of concise.

Not every army needs to have tarpit units. The entire Ogor force is full of small elite units and it's a blast to play.

It also appeals to people that don't want to paint 500 rats only to have them die in a single round.

There are also numerous Batallions that support the idea of fewer, larger models, like the Thunderquake Starhost for Seraphon that wants you to field only Stegadons, Bastiladons, Kroxigor, a Troglodon, and Salamanders/Razordon.

But an army without it's troops is just a bunch of cherrypicked shit, again may as well just play without any points restrictions if you want to be a Waac guy

Having points yet not having at least some mandatory core doesn't add up, it's like suggesting not having a general.

Finally your last argument is total bullshit, every force has useful core troops. their nature as often massed infantry alone gives them certain tactical roles to fill and typically picking the right one for your army is a game in itself

Skeletons V Grave guard is an interesting discussion in itself. As is Stormvermin V Plague monks. Anyone who dismisses troops is being willfully ignorant

no one has dismissed troops, what are talking about? there are tons of examples in history and legend where massively important conflicts are resolved by the few vs the many.

enjoy your warriors vs warriors vanilla special, let me know who wins the coin toss in 8 hrs.

>Having points yet not having at least some mandatory core doesn't add up, it's like suggesting not having a general.

These two concepts are not necessarily tied together.

It's like building a deck in Hearthstone - you look for synergies between cards and build around them. Sometimes you take some big game-ending cards but an entire deck full of them probably won't work.
Or maybe it will work, and that's fun in it's own way too.

The point is that players should WANT to bring troops, but not be FORCED to bring troops.

>enjoy your warriors vs warriors vanilla special, let me know who wins the coin toss in 8 hrs.

There we go. Typical asspained reply to the thought of playing a real army in this game.

Enjoy your 5 Nagashes :^)

and points is a value not tied to composition, composition is an additional restriction or factor.

points are an arbitrary value that gives an idea of what value every unit has regardless of its type.

three of the 4 "troops" you listed are elite inf.

try not jumping to conclusions.

you ask whats the point of a force without core...

what is the point of asking a question without listening, considering and instead dismissing the answer?

Please don't bother to reply.

oh good morning shitposter, didn't realise it was you.

>Le anyone who disagrees is a shitposter meme

70 posts in this is feeling kinda late buddy

You obviously haven't seen core troops vs core troops lately.

What's new over at /v/?

Is it 10am already? Shitposter-san is right on time

Think people are getting a little het up a little too early. The rumours so far say the categories will be
>Heroes
>Monsters
>War machines
>Everything else
It doesn't seem like there'll be a "core" tax, more like an "everything else" tax. Don't want to paint high elf spearmen? Take white lions, or shadow warriors, or dragon princes, or lothern skycutters, or... As long as you've got some stuff in the army which isn't a hero, monster or warmachine, you'll be fine.

(The lothern skycutter is not a war machine. I checked.)

It could be pretty well done, if wanting to be hopeful.

Going with the indicators of min unit sizes and summoning values, they already have an idea of what they consider to be around the same level. Hopefully it won't be restrictive but rather "this is worth that". I guess they sound like they're using a force org approach... yeah it is all speculation based on what little info is trickling out.. would be great if some managers were online giving info to players or something.

remove sigmarines

Yeah. Heroes play really well in AoS at the moment.. hopefully won't be too restrictive. I mean points should help most players drop force org if needed anyway.

What about normal 5 wound heroes? i feel they can get sniped down too easily. i wish they could Look out sir or just hide among certain friendly units

Yeah they can get sniped out, which I've found keeps them pretty in line with most units. In combat positioning helps but for sniping I guess it's up to some fast cav or something to take the heat off your heroes.. see that kinda thinking to build an army is pretty good, especially with the idea of bring more than you deploy/ deploy what you will use.

Hopefully that gets preserved somewhat with their matched system.

You can surround heroes with your own units to block line of sight and melee attacks.

In many of my games I use the Shadowstrike Batallion to have Ripperdactyls and Chameleon Skinks appear on the first turn and kill the enemy general.
To counter this strategy, lately my opponents have been surrounding his key targets with troops so I can't shoot them or get into melee with a swooping attack.

To counter their counter strategy I am summoning Salamanders within firing range to make an opening for those Ripperdactyls and Chams.

AOS is a surprisingly deep game.

Yeah for sure. Deployment is actually interesting.

Currently playing an Archaon (old one) list with multiple heroes. I do not want to see hero restrictions come back.

>yfw matched play doesn't allow unique named units like Archaon, Kroak, and Nagash

>matched play doesn't allow unique named units

Really? Any source?

That wouldn't bother me. These big silly expensive named heroes cause more trouble than they are worth

Or they cost a crap ton of points so a 5 Nagash list has your opponent filling his entire zone with troops, most of which will reach you on turn 1 and start slaughtering shit as long as he has no named characters.

is there seriously no rule saying 'no you can't use more than one naggy you retard'?

They specifically FAQd that you could do it

Unless it says otherwise you can field any number of a unit

Nagash does not say otherwise.

You can and if its like Morathi, they replaced all Sorceress on Dark Pegasus with her so Nagash may be the fill in for something else.

Still unknown to public how named characters are handled in matched play, I'm curious about all the now generic ones that get no-named in the book releases and no list of them anywhere.

Considering a Ironjaws/Fyreslayers mercenary force
Thinks it's pretty apparent what the new orcs play like, but what do the beardy fuckers actually play like?

> upload didn't work kek

Yeah, but it's stil allows endless Lord of Change summonspam.

Possibly because if you go to the Collected Tomb Kings war scrolls, where I'm betting you will find his original entry, it will say in the back (just like in Dark Elves) these units did not receive their own war scroll, use this on instead.

I'm betting you will see another hero choice that says use Nagash's scroll.

That's entirely possible but Nagash is a big unique character in the AOS world, like Archaon and Sigmar and Gordrakk.

If they weren't planning on his model being unique then they should have named it along the lines of "Avatar of Nagash" or "Shard of Nagash".

It really makes no sense that you can field multiple Nagash models.

What if he was Nagash from an alternate timeline?

Avvy of Naggy seems like a fair replacement if the gods don't have any involvement in the ground wars (such as sigmar handing over the OG warhammer to some fuck instead of smacking some face himself)
Is it actually stated wether or not th new gods like sigmar, malarion, tyrion etc are actually physical beings, or warp entities?

If someone has the money for endless Lords of Change then you have other problems. Plus they have a 4 and 21 chance to actually cast that spell if I'm doing the math right. I'd rather not worry about that endless spam.