Or feel sadness (or even depression)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZwKp-Immf4
youtube.com/watch?v=H2eUtouwCl8
youtube.com/watch?v=VlW4jYvYRNE
sociopathworld.com/2009/01/do-sociopaths-love.html
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine#Betcher.27s_Gland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, but they deal with that like they deal with everything else.

Yes.

An Eldar Archon broke down in tears and anguish after he lot his daughteru to the Necrons.

i'm sure its theoretically possible, just unlikely
its definitely possible for dark eldar players though ;-;

I'd say yes- but their grieving process overshadows the sadness and anger with rampant indulgent behaviour.

Really?
Source on this, please.

Sure, so long as they revel in the overindulgence of the emotion why not? like emos, or Lord Byron, or whoever writes operas

"Mistress Baeda’s Gift"

>or Lord Byron
You receive a mighty kek from me, user

Anthropocentric emotions in aliens are disgusting. Aliens should have their own psychological mechanism evolved over millions of years.

Yes. The Dark Eldar feel the entire range of emotions. Just because GW and 40K only focus on the negative, sadistic side of them doesn't mean they don't feel love, sadness, longing and hope at times. They're still living creatures.

I know there are passages in the codices and such that talk about how Dark Eldar are all, to a letter, sociopathic, cruel and backstabbing, but to live for thousands of years stewing in nothing but that fear and hatred is impossible. I know it's 40K so it's all grimdark, all the time and attempting to put any emotion or "humanity" into the mix is pointless but I don't like the idea that Commorite society is literally always murder, all the time, with no room for anything but scheming and pain. Sure that's their MAIN thing, but that's not the ONLY thing.

I like my Dark Eldar to be a little more diverse in their personalities. They're dark artists and monstrous slavers, sure, but that doesn't mean they're ALWAYS like that.

Hmmm, how would two dark eldars express love to each other?

In a variety of ways, like humans, but with more intensity. The Eldar feel emotions to a much higher degree than humans, so odds are you'd have a wide range of relationships. In some book or something it says the Eldar have to contribute genetic material several times during the mating process, so Eldar couples have to stick around for a least a little while.

I just like my Dark Eldar to experience a wider range of emotions. It helps to stabilize Commorite society a bit, giving the people there actual reasons to live aside from killing each other all the time.

the ultimate taboo.
holding hands.

Sure. The DE actually nourish their souls with all strong emotion, not just pain. It just happens that negative emotion is the easiest to get a huge amount of quickly. They're still biologically the same as other Eldar outside of some atrophy of their psychic powers and good night vision (but who knows if those are even genetic).

Probably the same way any other intelligent species that does the whole pair-bonding thing would.

The unreliability of Dark Eldar is part of why the Trueborn are highly regarded; carrying a baby to term isn't as easy in relatively lawless Commorragh as it might be in other parts of the universe - DE are fiercely individualistic, and you're going to be looking like an easy target to Hellion muggers while wandering around pregnant. Either your partner is really devoted to you, or you're a member of a kabal or other organization that looks out for you.

In conclusion tfw no Dark Eldar gf

Love is a weakness to them. They might feel it to a special someone but they will always try to hide it and suppress it.

In , only when the Archon lost his daughter did he realize that how much he truly loved her.

>How long he lay there, Malwrack had no way of telling. His shadow field was clear, so any danger was apparently past. Slowly he sat up. While he waited for his vision to stop swimming, he registered a pile of flaming wreckage, a half-dozen bodies clad in purple armour and the silent entrance to the tomb. Presumably, the necrons within were under no instructions to pursue invaders out here into the desert. He looked around for Sawor, but didn’t see her. He called her name, but there was no response from anyone. He called again, louder. Still no reply. With a twinge of panic, he limped to the bulk of the downed Raider.

>He found her beneath one of the running boards, literally folded in half. Jagged pieces of the transport protruded from her in several places, the most gruesome of which exited through her gaping mouth. He made a mewling sound and dropped down to her side. He inhaled desperately, but there was nothing there. Her life essence, her soul, had dissipated. She was dead beyond any haemonculus’s resuscitational skill.

>‘Get up,’ he said.

>He stood once more and looked down at her shattered form.

>‘Get up,’ he repeated. ‘I order you to get up.’

>Malwrack realised with a start that he was powerless. No beating, no threat, no command would make her live again. This was not the way it was supposed to have happened, his kabal gutted, his successor gone. He activated the portal back to Commorragh, and strode purposefully through the gate, oblivious to the fact that as he did so, he was crying.

>‘She’s gone!’ he cried from a place so dark, it made Baeda gasp. Malwrack could see now that Sawor had been no mere hierarch. She had been his sounding board, his strong-arm, his partner in all things. She had been his most prized possession, and he had loved her. He would never be complete again, and thus, there was no point in his life continuing. Sobbing, he waited only for a volley of splinter fire or a killing blow from Baeda to end it all.

They're literally space elves, you dweeb

Female DE in love are yanderes, no exception

I consider this optimal

>dat greentext
That was...well...touching.

I wonder if there are any deldar kabals that aim to survive mostly or totally on their love or brotherhood with for each other...

>They might feel it to a special someone but they will always try to hide it and suppress it.
>The face when no tsundere dark eldar gf

Yandere or not, I'm sure they would like some soft approach.

>it says the Eldar have to contribute genetic material several times during the mating process
>Female DE in love are yanderes, no exception

I can see it. After a drug fuelled one night stand you find yourself awake chained up naked in a sex dungeon with your flame
>"Darling the most wonderful thing has happened." She said rubbing her stomach "I'm with your child."
>"Oh errrm, that's okay I know a haemonculus, he can fix..."
>"NO NO NO that won't do darling. Our child must be a trueborn!"
>She walks to corner of a room where there's a machine covered by under a cloak
>"But I understand, you're a kabalite. Got raids to attend to and all that responsibility. I have a solution."
>She pulls of the cover to unveil a penis milking machine with a glass container that must be several cubic meter in capacity. She flips a switch and you feel your cock being enveloped by vigorous sucking machinery while an electrified probe intrude your anus from behind, forcibly milking your prostate from with in.
>"Enjoy darling, I'll let you go just as soon as you fill up the collector with your seed."

the fuck man this is a blue board

eldar work by that old folk idea of how babies are made, where you basically gotta keep fucking to make the baby during pregnancy.

i don't know how that idea would've started IRL, but it reminds me of the idea of how when meat rots it becomes flies.

youtube.com/watch?v=UZwKp-Immf4
youtube.com/watch?v=H2eUtouwCl8

10/10 post user, new headcanon for how a DE relationship works

The problem with this is that it assumes one party is a idiotic passive victim, whereas if this is love in the throes of passion they're going to be yandere for each other but absolutely unable to express it and thus show weakness. Weakness is the enemy on Commorragh, and any Dark Eldar who lets themselves get caught in that situation is terribly unattractive.

This is a goldmine. Thank you.

youtube.com/watch?v=VlW4jYvYRNE

yea, i imagine that's how it'd be. only that relathionship would last anywhere from a cheap fling, to a few centuries.

Yes, but not quite in the same way as humans do. Aside from eldar feeling all emotions far mor strongly than humans, DE are extremely selfish and possessive so their idea of love is more about wanting to own the object of their love. The closest equivalent to a declaration of love among the DE literally translates to "I willingly submit myself to you".

sociopathworld.com/2009/01/do-sociopaths-love.html was a rather flowery description that fits reasonably closely with how DE love works in my mind.

they might also have a super jealous/possessive relationship where they both view each other as their property due to how devoted they are.

DE woman owns her husband
DE man owns his wife
the sex would be insanely set up around making the other feel better

yea, that article also matches up with my one ex perfectly.

Hardcore BDSM. Only without and safe and sane part. And even the consent is kinda dubious. . .

Yandere is more from the lack of understanding or feeling love, more for nids or if straight up crazy, chaos.

DEldar are either yandere or cuddly bubbly under closed doors.

Perfect

Yes, though they wouldn't show such weakness to their rivals.

Any true DEldar is a champion of bedroom endurance. Cumming before your partner does is a sign of weakness after all.

Something I saw in an archived thread that made me laugh a bit and that I'd wana answer: To answer this from that, yeah. Mo Mo would make an ideal Felinid, the type Guardsmen would be chill with, IF you're okay with her voice and her "KIIIIIITTTY Quirkiness".

Nope, Celeste would not be Tau, for she's the type of alien humanoid that looks alot like a human with similar biology, plus she does not have a big forehead that looks like its made of rubber. And her forehead does not have a vagina slit and I doubt she's a left leaning commie-hippie-liberal fish woman.

And for all we know, Venus the "Love Goddess" from Huniepop is actually Slaanesh in disguise and that she decides to go easy on the Huniepop-player character. And Kyu is a pretty looking Slaanesh Deamonette.

Actually yes, think about it. In a society where domination and sabotage are the norm, what could feel more transgressive and perverse than genuine gentle affection? Hell, there's even an element of risk because your partner is a deldar after all, and now they know how much they mean to you

Or a third possibility: Your partner was so badass she could keep up with all the thieving, fighting, drugs and politics while heavily pregnant. Signifying the child really should not be messed with.

That lore about contributing genetic material several times is flimsy at best, and seems rather odd for a race that was literally designed, not evolved.

Maybe it's designed for the possibility of multiple fathers all contributing genetic material?

Which still seems rather complex, and since the Eldar seem to have similar ideas about monogamy as humans, they probably don't have multiple husbands.

Dark eldar absolutely can feel despair, anguish, and suffering.

It's speculation of an imperial researcher (a really mad one) who was examining the corpse of an exodite Eldar.

Why do people take it seriously? It's from the same guy who said Eldar don't have body fat.

Because its no more insane than a lot of other 40k stuff that doesn't even have the excuse of being an in-universe document. To take just one example off the top of my head, volcano cannons being made from crystalised heretics that were thrown into a volcano.

I hate the new omniscient narrator fluff

I think they feel all those things, all the time

All their external edgyness is nothing but a smoke screen to cover the fact that they're still rectally rumbled over the Fall of their race

Can Space Marines cry?

Yes

No, their tear-ducts have been replaced with the acid-spewing Fuckspiggle organ.

So... they sob acid?
That is so goddamn metal

Do guardsmen think about home and family?

No, that's part of their salivatory glands.

Elves are weird.

No, they're too busy trying to die for the Emperor.

I need a source.

>not getting the joke

"Crystallized heretics that were thrown into a volcano" good god that is some awful lore

>I need a source.

Here you go!

>40k has gotten so over the top they don't realize there is a joke

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine#Betcher.27s_Gland

The Betcher's Gland has been part of Space Marine fluff for a long time. If the punchline was something else, it really went over my head.

Tear-ducts getting replaced with an acid-spewing fuckspiggle organ seemed like a pretty obvious joke to me. Namely that they get so many organs for so many vaguely useless things to replace or add on to normal bodily functions. They should just piss greek fire at this point.

And stay out you degenerate knife ears

That blog spiel is weird, and I question the validity. It screams edgy.

I consider myself extremely empathetic. To the point where I'm affected by emotions like they were being put through an amplifier. I cry frequently from media. I'm a sap.

Yet I've been accused in relationships by people I suspect of having been sociopaths of lacking empathy. I get really obsessive in relationships because I get mildly parasitic and clingy. I fall into needing the other person to survive. Because where I can stand alone, that capability retards when I'm actively involved with another person. I become dependent.

And if things crumble that leads into monstrous grudges and thoughts of tormenting them in horrible ways out of desperation to subdue the pain of loss.

The mind is fucked up.

>My mind is fucked up.
FTFY

I love that his hat is a faggot.

It's become such a tired go-to accusation. You can't be remotely independent, or self-directed, or unaccommodating to the mold someone else wants to put you in, without that word "sociopath" thrown in your teeth.

Hah.

When camping and someone has to go search for firewood, it's fun to call it faggot hunting.

Some people like to put others in little boxes. It helps them organize their view of the world.
Funnily, it exists at every level. I've seen dumb people and respected psychatrists do that.

If I can point at the constant enemy, it feels like everyone these days is trying to put everything in boxes - even themselves. Tumblrites put themselves in box after box after box with thousands of labels. It just gets annoying.

That's different, IMO. It comes for a desire of identity. Western societies in particular have fewer rules and rites, and as a result everyone has to find its own path. Labelling yourself creates identity, and give you the sentiment of belonging to a group of peers. After all, things like "what am I", what am I doing here" or "what is my purpose" are pretty big questions, and you're gonna search for answers if society doesn't give you a satisfying answer.
It can be more or less marked depending on your involvment (the weight you give to that group/activity compared to your being as a whole), but we do the same here.
>What does Veeky Forums thinks of X
>user
>fa/tg/uy
>neckbeard

Putting people in boxes is less of a need and more of a convenient (and lazy) way to see the world.

I'm sorry, I'm really only familiar with Guard fluff or the over all setting story, not the specifics of marines.

Why doesn't he just take her body to the Haemonculus and regenerate her?

Haven't read the story (does anyone have a link to the full thing?), but traditionally the Haemonculi can only reincarnate someone within a day of death or so.

Part of why the DE so much into lightning raids.

>He hasnt read 15 hours

Because clearly that would ruin the twist, she wasn't killed by necrons, but by PLOT.

The story was written before the Dark Eldar got their big fluff reboot in 5th edition. Back then, while the Haemonculi were capable of some extreme surgical feats, they couldn't bring someone back from the dead. Once you were gone, you were gone.