I need powers for a forest knight

going to be having a guardian of an ancient forest fight the players but i can't think of any nature knight specific powers.

what would you suggest?

if it helps I've managed to come up with

- creating copies of himself out of roots and vines
- controlling branches/roots/vines to shoot from the ground

Read up The Green Knight.

As for specific powers, regrowth (limbs, pieces of armor, even head), grass growing where he walks (a nice visual effect), communication with animals (not control, they help him on their own), concealment (can appear and disappear on a whim)...

Entangle or some kind of a slow field - have the forest itself defend it's champion?

Mighty wood
Power of Antaeus

While in his forest, whenever he walks behind a tree and out of sight to the Party, he can emerge from behind any other tree.

What this guy said.

Appearing and disappearing on a whim, knowing everything what's going on in his forest, the nature helping him of its own free will, healing of self and others, stuff like that.

Depends of the powerlevel :
-instant Teleportation anywhere in the forest while in the forest
-hover above the ground while in the forest
-magical sword that don't cut branches and trees but pass through them
-Ent calling
-Friend with animals/can summon them, depending on your setting having a 1T bear on your side can be game changer..

I did the same.

The Green knight was a reoccurring enemy my party faced. He was actually a trail the Paladin needed to overcome.

He could

-Throw his sword and it return to him, or have the Sword fight on it's own
- Dissipate spells and block spells with his shield
- Every where he walked, plants and flowers bloomed
- His sword couldn't strike through anything living or made of wood.
-Had Advantage on people moving away from him, had disadvantage on those moving towards him
-Could speak to animals
-Owned a magical horse
-Could "Walk" through trees, vanishing in one and appearing in another
-could shapeshift into a Stag, Eagle or a Hound

Why didn't the Paladin just take off all his armor and grab a wooden sword to fight the Green Knight?

He did. Wooden shield too.

The whole party decided to try and whack him with sticks while running at him.

Yeah, he was still a high level dude in Plate armor with magic.

Even creepier, have him be able to travel piecemeal. Like a hand pops out of a tree to grab your leg while he's fighting you from the front.
Also, gotta cut parts off and burn them to kill them.

Your players seem nice.

Kudos to them.

Along with suggestions already made, perhaps shifting powers/power level depending on the season.
Like in autumn, he could blind his enemies with flurries of leaves, or stagger them with heavy winds.

I like this.

>Stag, Eagle or a Hound
I'd have thought a Bear would fit better than a hound...but I have shit taste in themes...
did he ever do the bow+arrow thing?

an aura of forest ease, people traveling through forests with him cover ground faster(3 days travel with him is like 4-5 days without). hunting is better around him, the animals less prone to spook at the snapping of twigs

That sword idea could be hella nasty. First time a PC tries to take cover, they get shanked through the tree.

Forest knight, you say?

What system?

The flower knight guards a specific glade or circle of standing stones. He is more powerful within the circle, and grows in power for each opponent in the circle with him (+X damage modifier for each PC inside of that area).

He has a bow, but carries no arrows. He can pick any flower from the ground and have it transform into an arrow in his hands. These arrows have low damage, but an absurdly high critical threat hit chance.

His armor has plants growing from the back of it. His cape is a waterfall of flower petals, and vines trail behind him each one twitching like a cats tail. Should he feel the need he can use them as if they were spiked whips, or lash forward with them like a furious attack of many spears.

His powers are as horrifying as they are strange. While standing in the faerie circle, he can point to a PC outside of the circle. The forest swallows that character, and moments later a flower blooms within the faerie circle and grows to tremendous size before blooming... revealing the vanished character within, covered in pollen and very much confused as to what just happened.

Thats right, if he is tired of your shit he will flowerport you directly in front of him and force you into a position where you are fighting him at his strongest.

Forgot my picture.

On a critical hit with his weapons, the target has to make a fort save or plants sprout from the wound and start growing into you, doing con/bleeding damage as they sap your strength.

Victims of the flower knight can be found arranged as a sort of garden, corpses still wearing their armor that are literally rooted in place, their bones serving as the twisted centerpeice of a standing tower of flowers.

- motherfucking thorns and barbs all over everything: his armour, his weapon, trees, vines
- entangling vines to grab onto his foes and hold them in place so he can stab the shit out of them with his wicked rad leafy sword
- sharp pointy branches that stick out and stab dudes in the fucking face
- POISON, POISON EVERYWHERE! everything is poisonous, enjoy your itchy fucking rashes in the middle of battle, motherfuckers
- calling on woodland creatures to hassle the party
- regeneration: regrow lost limbs and heal wounds super fast so the motherfucker never seems to go down
- gets super mad when he's set on fire: yeah sure he's on fire and it's hurting him, but now he's on fire and is still attacking you with his sword which is on fire and hugging you with his thorny arms which are also on fire

Is that straight out of Kingdom Death, or is some of that made up?

Entangling walking opponents with roots, flying ones with vines?
Some kind of bark skin to enhance his defenses/act as a sudden shield?

It's straight out of Kingdom Death.

On topic, he can pseudo teleport people around within his sphere of influence (a fairy ring) and attack/defend with plants.

high level? wearing a tree like armor effectively becoming an Ent on command.

Man, I might need to get this game, it sounds brutal and amazing.

Though I may just steal a lot of these ideas.

Could also work in some kind of decay/composting power

Its all from kingdom death. The only creative license taken is with the bow. The Flower Knight never uses a bow, but the survivors can use resources gathered from fighting him to make one of the best bows in the game, and you can craft flowers into special arrows too.

This just gives the Flower Knight access to that same gear.

In KDM, if you use one of the special flower arrows and miss on your attack, the arrow actually turns back into a flower patch in a random space adjacent to the monster. That's right, you can shoot arrows that if they hit the ground immediately turn into a rose bush.

Plant people, Plant people. Talk like men, tastes like salad. Plant people.

i think there was kind of a Lich for male Elfes who want to be eternal guardians of the forest or something like that (funny part is that females can become Nymphs or Dryads).
I think they are called Baelnorn's but i dont know where to find the template.

OP here just woke up, surprised this didnt die, thanks guys.

Im loving these ideas, i would have never thought of Flowerporting or Critical flowers, you're awesome dude

Anima beyond fantasy is the system

Neat art, though kind of odd that the "clothes" on it are just skin.

Nah, their amour is just grown aswell

yeah the sylvari are pretty cool, they're a playable race in guild wars. i add them to my settings always now. adds a little flavor to the game.

Something like, that since is armor is made out of living wood/plants, everytime he gets hitten, he heals himself, and/or gains more HP and/ir defense. Cause, his armor regrows, and gets bigger....

-control over basic instincts; essentially emotion control. Can be very minor, like creeping dread to all out frenzy or placid calm in the face of danger.

-communication with living beings; knowing the language, and possibly culture, of any living being. Includes animals, plants and any mortal language. Possibly a vector for emotion control. May not be able to understand all languages right away but has the capacity to learn them very rapidly.
>because of this he has many allies and servants among beasts and birds

-incredible navigation; he can read the winds and earth to gain exact knowledge of where he is and what is around him. By taking time to perform this technique he can sense the movements and weight of living beings around him. He always knows the fastest route from point A to point B and always knows when and how the weather will change.

-knowledge of drugs, medicine and poison. Knowledge of which seemingly mundane plants, minerals and animal parts can be combined to create potent concoctions.
>A hallucinogenic poison applied to a sword and to arrows. Besides the usual perception warping effects it also creates a great weakness against emotion control.
>A special paste that can re-attach limbs.
>A vapour that, when inhaled, allows one to see the spirit world. Possibly a necessary component for speaking with plants.
>A liquor that increases strength and gives the ability to sense smells like a bloodhound.
>A mineral salve that repairs dents and cracks in his weapons and armour and makes them immune to the damages of the elements
>Mushrooms that burst on heavy impact. They can be filled with chocking gas or more hallucinogens

-he can see in the dark and moves silently even while in full armour.

Despite his abilities:
-His body is bent and gnarled which causes him to move slowly.
-It has been a while since he fought men. Despite his skill with a sword, he has gotten rusty

Swirling the wind into such extreme speed that it can cut the players (maybe like user said and add leaves)

OP here, thanks for keeping with this.
gonna post another idea that merges with some of these

The knight gets a bonus for each person he is next to. and with flower porting he intentionally drags in the mages who can't fight as easily close range.

ill help keep this going because it seems some people also have (or want to have) forest knights of their own, keep them powers coming

I'm in it because I'm sculpting some foresty shit and I want pictures of green nature knights.

Phase through trees etc then make sure they fight him in an overgrown area.

>You go to swing you sword at him and he just steps backs backwards through a tree to put 4ft of oak inn the way of your blade
>Perfect stealth as he strolls through dense bushes without the slightest disturbance

Stag for a mount?

Yer darn tootin' he's got a stag for a mount.

>Read up The Green Knight.

His only power was unkillability.

Don't worry, no cavalry could make it through a forest this overgrown
>Phase charge

>growth of plants
>control of plants, for grappling or difficult terrain
>shifting and movement of plants, such as grass on the armor giving a distortion or weaving effect
>vision or remotely watching through the leaves of trees
>speaking to plants, to hear what has passed nearby
>collecting fresh water, growing fresh fruit from plants
>tree-step, or short range teleport through living trees
>full concealment in undergrowth

he eat spinachi and get super strong.