Force of Will General Thread

So I've yet to see this posted up here yet but It's become quite a big card game as of the last few months. I've enjoyed playing it quite a bit. I've got a regional coming up and I wanted to see what all everyone is playing OTHER than Alice's World.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCtwx1OTVawyBv6OHQMoXBHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>posting worstbutt

I've been trying to get into it. What's the best way to start? Just buy some boosters, the intros or just order a bunch of singles?

So how does this game work? And how should I start?

Essentially, the best bet is to buy a Starter Deck for $15 online or a local shop. The starter decks are really good so far. Arla has the best one for the current meta. But to play in competitive you'll eventually have to buy singles. www.fowtavern.com has a lot of good decks.

Imagine Magic Meets Yugioh. You have two decks. One which holds your stones(Mana) and Your main deck which you draw from each turn. You have a Ruler who is essentially like a Commander in EDH Magic. It takes a bit to get used to, but it's worth looking into.

Are there more quality butts like these in this game? If there are, I might have to look into this.

Well, I try to get into every CCG I can, so I'll give it a shot.

I'll probably base my choice of starter deck on waifu, though.

So is an non-attribute Machine deck viable?

Right now, she has the best ass shown in the game. She is know as Booty Mage. We have something called Booty Cat too.

Are these dual-attribute/legendary stones going to fucktuple in price like the MTG equivalent did?

I honest build a deck around a character I liked as well and now everyone at my local shop hates me.

The next set that comes out in June literally has some of the most OP cards we've seen in this game so far that are machines. One which cannot be destroyed without literally summoning Hitler from his grave.

We're not sure yet. We do know that they might not get a reprint since certain things haven't got reprints. We also know that they will have a Standard Rotating League and a Legacy League, so there is a high chance.

So...yes?

Should I buy them up, then?

Essentially yes. But why not throw in some crazy cards with attributes when this exists.

I'd probably buy a playset of 4 if anything. They'll still go up in price with the legacy format coming out.

So this card costs 10 colourless to cast right? How big is 2000/2000? A 20/20 in Magic?

If anything, the card artwork is great.

>quality butts
>literally two enormous spherical domes
>no gravity, no indication of softness/firmness, just two monolithic spheres
You niggers never actually saw a butt in your entire life or what
Jesus fuck, that art reminds me of that retarded news story when doctor injected cement in his patient's ass to make it bigger.

Yes. It's essentially a 20/20 in magic.

We also get Seasonal and Holiday Promos.

To be fair Machines up until this point have been shit-tastic outside of Machina's one-shot-wonder super turn, which was tier 2 optimistically.

New machine stuff is cool and might bring Machine decks up to "actually playable" tier, but I'm not soiling my pantaloons in fear over it.

I play B/R religiously and have to win through at least two Arthurs in every local I go to, I can deal with Darksteel Colossus-lite.

So it's like Dark Steel Colossus, except with affinity for artifacts?

I can't see how this can go wrong.

It's roughly a 10/10 in magic terms. Starting life in FoW is 4000, and creatures are roughly 2x as big as their MTG equivalents.

Currently I'm running my Gill Lapis Control and I've enjoyed it a lot compared to playing anything in the Grimm Block. What's your Deck List if you don't mind posting it?

By which you mean 10/10.

I don't think it can go wrong but when a lot of our removal spells get rotated out in October, it could be a bit of a small problem. Though FoW seems to be prepared with something.

Yes, I hit 2 instead of 1 by accident.

The great thing about butts and breasts is that there is no singular right answer. They come in all shapes and sizes, due to an incredibly diverse interplay of muscle, fat, ligaments, and bones.

Some people do have "gravity-defying" breasts or cheeks because of them having more supporting ligaments and muscles. Add that to the license all illustrators have to exaggerate and stylize, and there's really nothing to complain about.

There are no wrong breasts. There are no wrong asses.
All is wonderful.

Awesome.

This has to be my favorite Promo so far.

Awww, she's adorable.

How does one get a promo like this? Is it just through the Will Power System or are they found in packs?

Ruler: Gill Lapis
Main:
4x Illusory Demonic Globe
3x Witch of the Night
4x Dark Faria
3x Lillith
3x Lucifer
4x Thunder
4x Call of Primogenitor
4x Space-Time Collapse
4x Burn to Cinders
4x Flame of Outer World
2x Pitch Black Moon
1x Robe of Fire Rat

Sideboard:
3x Deathscythe
3x Barrier of Shadows
2x Robe of Fire Rat
2x Schrodinger's Cat
2x Awakening at the End
2x Mephistopheles, the Abyssal Tyrant
Dark Alice

Stones:
4x Scorched Bales
3x Moon Shade
2x Black Moon's Memoria
1x Little Red the Pure Stone

I take first most of the time at my locals, though it should be noted that my deck is tuned fairly specifically for my local meta, your mileage may vary, though I don't feel like it's too abnormal since we've got our share of mostly competent people who aren't afraid to netdeck.

Fun fact, my record for number of times casting Lucifer in a game is 8, against a R/R Naya control deck.

Usually I buy mine online. But they are distributed to stores or at events. They're fairly cheap. $5 when they first come out and usually end up around the $3 margin a few months after.

I'll look into that tonight, thanks.

What is the current meta like and do the elements have enforced attributes like the colors in Magic do or is it more just aesthetic?

3x Cheshire
2x Lucifer
2x Valentina, Puppet Monarch
1x Arthur Pendragon
1x Rapid Decay
3x Thunder
2x Space-Time Collapse
1x Barrier of Shadows
4x Flame of Outer World
3x Space-Time Anomaly
2x Stoning to Death
2x Voice of the False God
2x Dream of Juliet
2x Sign to the Future
1x Pitch Black Moon
4x Artemis, the God’s Bow
1x Laevateinn, the Demon Sword
2x Interdimensional Vessel, Apollo
2x Illusory Demonic Globe, The Earth
Stone Deck
4x Ruler’s Memoria
4x Magic Stone of Moon Shade
1x Grusbalesta, the Sealing Stone
1x Magic Stone of Dark Depths

This is what I'm smashing with right now. It's

Essentially the current meta is circling around 2 Rulers called Yggdrasil and Reflect/Refrain. You can have any colors you want as long as you can produce the mana like in Magic.

Should I just buy this to start?

It has some really good cards in it for the up coming set in June. It's a nice set to play with and I enjoyed it personally. I'd say go for it if you're looking to make a machine deck in the future.

Great, thanks.

No problem.

I'm going to my first tourney today. I have no idea what my meta is.

I disagree. It's all really hit or miss. Some are good. Some are just bad.

I've gotten addicted to this fucking game. Shoot me and end my misery...

I've enjoy most of the art work for it other than one Promo which is this one.

I would but then I couldn't chase it.

It would've looked a lot more natural if it was just a bit smaller.

Right now it looks like one of thse Tumblr OC things, where they draw their favorite part twice the size of the rest of the body.

tl;dr - it's shit

What I meant is like in Magic most mechanics are tied primarily to one color. Like green has the most creatures with trample, red has the most burn spells, blue has the most to do with drawing cards, etc.

That's really all just you saying "I don't like big butts." With an "any art I don't like is tumblr" thrown in.

At least if you had said deviantart I could have almost taken you semi-seriously.

Ahhh I get ya now. Essentially it's like that for certain things. Red is burn. Blue has a lot of draw power. Green has life gain. But there are quite a number of things that change it up in each set. Red usually stays the same though.

Did I forget to mention Mats?

Mats are great. I'm enjoying the Kagura magical girl one.

I love the Shion mat for Hong Kong's Tournaments.

Pulled this full art yesterday. It's my first one.

The golem isn't the card people should care about, its the beast. If you use the new machina ruler and somehow have all four of his terrible memoria on board, your J-activate nets you: a marybelle, two machinas, and a clockwork soldier. The machinas search a beast and a march, beast drops for free, march plays for free. Thats enough for game if literally everything is perfect.

That said, the old machina is definitely better than the new one unless some card or game mechanic that puts memorias into play for free comes out.

I like big butts (and i cannot lie).
I like them when they're proportioned to the rest of the body.

Hey they're literally bring affinity to this game. Wonder if we're going to see an arcbound ravager. Its almost like mirridon standard.

I'm actually running one of those in my current deck.

(Different user.)
Different strokes for different folks man. I know a few girls with natural proportions greater or equal to that and I think they're hot as hell. One in particular was really into tennis and her ass was just like the OP pic, but with bigger breasts by maybe a cup? The card really isn't anything bad seeing as its not intended to be photo realistic to real life.

This counts as a Machine btw.

I wish that this game had some players where I live, since it seems interesting. I've seen the packages in stores, but never seen anyone buying them.

Is there a Standard rotation in this game?

Not super knowledgeable, but there is A rotation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Origins-this is legacy.
Valhalla-Valhalla set only. Similar to saying "MTG alpha cards only"
Grimm-Grimm set only. similar to "Ravnica only"
New Frontier-Newest two clusters (blocks). This is standard. Grimm Rotates out in September ...next year I believe? Maybe this year? Somebody more qualified than me should probably be answering.

September this year

Also they announced Wanderer which will be like Legacy. Everything from Grimm on words will be playable in it.

Yes, as said, there will be a Standard and Legacy format. Standard has a Rotation when a new Block comes out essentially.

I want to fuck Piruruk.

EDH when

People are working on a custom EDH style game mode for it as well.

Know that you've made someone feel incredibly stupid today, user.

Is there any good youtube channel for FOW yet?

I'd rather an Iona, but it's nice to see you again

How so?

youtube.com/channel/UCtwx1OTVawyBv6OHQMoXBHA

I haven't played since Bahamut fucked everything up and, from what I can tell, now Reflect is currently fucking everything up again.

I just want to play a nice control deck but I'm not interested in Reflect. Is the meta as rigid as it seems? Does my old Scheherazade deck stand anything of a chance? Is it better I just wait it out until Reflect fucks off the meta?
Are Six Sages usable yet?

How'd they eventually sort out Bahamut anyways? I heard in sort of vague terms that they just introduced some sort of counter to Laevateinn.

six sages is pretty gud. provides deck lists and games with commentary.

What's the best Ruler to run with a WR Knights of the Round deck, Blazer?

I've been playing Machina for two months and didn't realize that. Almost every game I've lost has been because I thought I didn't have five machines for march.

reflect is also good it doesn't fix your mana but it lets you filter or pump one of your guys each turn witch is great in the aggro matches

I still don't quite understand how Reflect works exactly.

Someone mentioned that you could play Force of Will online via Untap.in, but is there a gatherer tool, or some sort of card database to look at?

Can someone tell me what all is going out of rotation this September when the new stuff comes out?

Grimm cluster.

Is Vingolf part of that?

Yes. There should be another Vingolf-like set at some point near the rotation.

Well, there goes a lot of my useful magic stones.

So there's no easy to use card database for FoW and I have to dig through the Wiki?

There is going to be eternal formats. These Alpha-tier dual lands aren't going anywhere.

Honestly, I just use things like TCG player and flip through the cards and such.

Well I decided to flick through the wiki and look at a couple Rulers to learn subsets of the card that way and now I'm rather upset. Vlad Tepes is both a shitty card and extremely disappointing art-wise. Kill me now.

That's Vingolf in general.

That's because she's from Vingolf, a one-off set that was a tie-in product to a japanese mobile game or some shit, and isn't representative of the rest of the game.

>shitty card
I mean, she's consistently been tier 1.5 tournament viable, so you might just have brain problems.

Mainly want to play competitive, so losing those is going to hurt a bit till I can see what work a rounds will be in the new bits. Not sure how much it'll affect my Knights of the Round deck, but it can only end well.

What. To put in mtg terms she's an card that reads "2: this card deals 1 damage to target opponent, you gain 1 life"
Although, I guess she's also a 4/5 with conditional exile that kills a low cost creature on ETB. Is that really powerful in FoW?

>Although, I guess she's also a 4/5 with conditional exile that kills a low cost creature on ETB. Is that really powerful in FoW?
No, actually. Decks that win with her sometimes don't even have the black mana to flip her.

They just mana ramp their balls off and drain you to death.

That seems really weird to me. Huh. Thanks user

So how do Magic Stones work? Only 4 of the same name like with other cards or any number? If so, what's the difference between the "Magic Stone of Darkness" and "Darkness Magic Stone"?

>what's the difference between the "Magic Stone of Darkness" and "Darkness Magic Stone"?
There isn't one, they cleaned up the wording at some point but they're the same card.

>So how do Magic Stones work? Only 4 of the same name like with other cards or any number?
Yes, except for basic magic stones which aren't limited to 4.