Who do you hate? (race)

Who do you hate the most? Why does that race rustle your jimmies?

>mfw someone tries to be a edgy tiefling unironically

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2Rxoz13Bthc?t=1m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kender or any similarly written chaotic stupid kleptomaniac races.

This.

That and [animal name]-folk.

But Kender are top of the hate heap.

Anything that's just a Japanese animu insert race just for the sake of letting everyone else in the group know that you're really into naruto or whatever the fuck.

I'm fine with Japanese themed races but I'm sick to death of hearing about foxgirls and cat eared daemon-nymphs.

Orcs. Especially din do nuffin, thinly veiled nigger stereotype orcs.

Elves.

I don't care how "different" they are in your setting, i will always try to murder any knife-ear mary sue i see, PC or NPC. Elf genocide is the only logical consequence to a setting with elves.

"I'm going to be a [Demon, or otherwise by-nature Evil Race conceived for evil] but he/she is a [Whatever represents purity and good in the setting]"

>tfw Tiefling Paladin
>tfw Shadowling cleric of light
>tfw Vampire cleric of sun

Personally I hate dwarves, for the sole reason that the group I have played with for the last few months has such a massive boner for dwarves that it became bloody annoying.
>GM goes on to explain AGAIN how dwarves are totally the best at everything and all other races suck in comparison
>Most other PC's co-operate with the dwarf wank because they too have a boner for the dwarves.
>All other races are essentially ignored, played for laughs, or are the bad guys.
>Even the tiefling player, a race that is rarer than unicorns in this setting, gets no attention beyond jokes about her tail.

Remind me to never invite you into on of my games ;)

I may dislike some but it never goes so far that I would hate a fictional race instead of their creator.

>Elf genocide is the only logical consequence to a setting with elves.
How so? It seems like the worst thing they do to anyone in a lot of settings is just be kind of arrogant and not care about other peoples' problems much.

buttblasted elf-lover detected.

fuck you. Elves ARE -THAT- BAD.

It's a meme.

Don't reply to virt for your own sanity

They are arrogant primitive tribal shits who think they're better than race that can do more in 100 years than other races in millenia.
They need to be taught a lesson. A lesson they will never live through.

DEUS VULT!

>mfw humans

In Order:

>Kender
See >Tieflings
Hurrdurr, look how dark and edgy I am.

>Aaasimar
Hurdurr, look how noblebright and Sueshit I am.

>Half Elves
I'm not even sure why I hate these. I don't hate humans. I don't hate elves (when they're not LOTR sues or Humans +1). Yet every time I see a player play a half elf, their characters end up being the most colossal faggots. Half-elves spend more time whining and crying than the typical animu protagonist.

>Kitsune
If you couldn't tell from the previous entry, anime-inspired shit sucks. Although... extend this to all the furry races honestly. Unless it's Elder Scrolls and you're playing an Argonian. Argonians are pretty awesome.

>Any all-female race
Almost always played by faggots who need an excuse to legitimize their fap-fodder. I have nothing against female characters. I don't even believe they can't be played by male players. But male players who specifically pick an all-female race are almost never doing it for the purposes of playing a character well.

>Drow/Dark Elves
See Tieflings. Also how come there aren't Dark Humans or Dark Dwarves?

>Gnomes/Halflings
I don't hate either one individually, but together they seem sorta too similar'ish.

You're one of those guys who plays the same character in every game, regardless of setting, right? Gotta kill them elves. D&D or Shadowrun, it makes no difference, gotta kill 'em all!

>Vampire Cleric of the Sun.

We already went over this a while ago, they worship it as the Great Destroyer.

>Dark Dwarves?
Duergar.

No, i am not like elf-lovers.
But all my characters share one trait.
If an elf is near them, it should be removed, in most painful and humiliating way possible.

Dwarfs bore me.

>Being Wood Elf ranger
>Just chilling in the woods with my Dire Boar friend
>A bearded overweight guy appears out of the blue calling me a mary sue
>Guess I won't have to hunt deers for the next week

But fetchlings and duregar exist

>implying i won't just shoot you and your faggot swine
KILL THE ELF
BULLDOZE THE FOREST
SALT THE EARTH
FUCK YOU HIPPIE PANSIES

Committing genocide on a people just for being a bit smug seems somewhat extreme.

Don't try to understand the logic of the elf-haters for it makes no sense. No matter how much a given creator attempts to portray his elves as different from the stereotype the hater will refuse to see beyond "kill all pointy ears!".

These people are the equivalent of the jealous teenage edgelord who looks at the rich kids and thinks "fuck those guys, with their shiny teeth, and their clean clothes, and their personal hygene, and their education"
Because elves represent something fundamentally different, and in most ways, better than them, and so they lash out and attempt to destroy it.
It also probably has something to do with their repressed sexuality. They can't handle the fact that elf men often appear effeminate and are totally comfortable with that, because the elves are not trying to present a front of heterosexuality in order to cover up repressed homosexuality.

In short, elf-haters are fat, ugly neck-beard, closeted homosexuals who hate elves for being better than them.

>all furry races are terrible
>except my favorite one they're darlings and can do no wrong
tbqh you sound like shit fampai-lama

You wouldn't distinguish an hiker from an hippie. I guess they both start with "hi" so it could be a little hard anyway.

Nah, I was just paying reference to how typical race conversations on ES General threads go. That comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

>just for being a bit smug
>implying that's the only one of their shitty traits

>hurr durr i spout a bunch of bullshit and that makes me right
You're as smug as elves. please remove yourself from genepool as fast as possible.

Also in every setting all elves exhibit the same shitty traits, no matter how much author paints them a different color. They may not be the same, but they're THE same fundamentally.

>buttblasted elf-lover detected.
No, you just detected someone who doesn wasn't want an asshole in his group who kills other player because he doesn't like an established race.
You must be pretty deslusional if you think people tolerate this behaviour.

Of course not in the open. But covertly doing this is easy as fuck.

What other traits do elves have that mean that, by your reckoning, they deserve to die?

The why don't you also hate orcs or any kind of barbarian type?

I can feel your repressed homosexuality through the screen. Let it go, and embrace your gay side. Learn to love the elf and you'll find you'll be a much happier faggot.

I start to collect posts like this. When I got enough I will make a nice collage of them, which will end this discussion once and for all.

are you an earth elemental

Orcs are cool. They at least get where they are by their own strength, and not by author fiat.
Smug faggoty twiggers who think they're best than anyone, think of others as animals and are usually the cause of everything what's wrong with the setting, all while blaming it on other races.
On top of that they're always used as an example of author's "perfect society", that is, where they aren't straight-up author mouthpiece. Sometimes they're "noble and compassionate souls who are horribly oppressed" (i.e. Dragon Age), and are pity sues. The one thing stays the same - we're told they're better than us. And it's always unfounded.

>Sometimes they're "noble and compassionate souls who are horribly oppressed" (i.e. Dragon Age), and are pity sues
What other setting does this?

I'm not terribly fond of any of the standard fantasy fare. Dwarves (albeit awesome), elves, halflings, and the like, could easily be replaced by humans of different civilizations and locales.
Ultimately, I don't think they bring much to the table beyond a different height and lifespan. The former can be replaced by being a midget. The latter would realistically make one's elders so fuckin' OP that they wouldn't be playable. (Seriously, a human can learn a fuckton in just 5 years. Imagine having a few hundred and still being in your early 20's.)

>But what about muh cultural dynamics of racism and shit?
One word: niggers.
>But I like my pointy ears!
How does having pointy ears actually affect your character and how he relates to the world and its challenges? Nothing. Being Filipino would probably yield similar results.
>But what if I want my civilization to be crazy and live underground?
Nobody is stopping you. Humans have done it before.
>But what about my statblocks?
Aside from infravision/ultravision and implications thereof, you can get your stats elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, Veeky Forums. I'm not opposed to strange fantasy races. I'm actually quite fond of the genuine weirdness that comes from meeting a civilization of lobster-men or undead dinosaurs that have taken to literature.
I just feel like there's something I'm not getting about the standard fare. What do they add that couldn't be replaced with Scottish miners, immortal Frenchmen, or English midgets?

Witcher.
Dragon age (you dumb fuck).

>how come there aren't Dark Humans

Because that's a steep drop-off into the rabbit hole of MYFAROG-style racism.

>how come there aren't Dark Humans or Dark Dwarves
They are called black people and Duergar respectively.

I think the main problem with elves in many settings is that they have no real downsides. They're strong, and beautiful, and gifted with magic, and live in harmony with nature, and still somehow have the most advanced society, and live 3,000+ years, ect...

Elves are fine if the setting picks what it wants them to be and then builds around just that. If you want elves to live long and be super good at magic, fine, but they can't also be strong, and agile, and have the best weapons/armor, ect. If you want elves to be woodland savages who are one with nature, then they can't also be magical geniuses. Like... pick what elves are supposed to be instead of them being EVERYTHING.

>he thinks warcraft orcs are supposed to be niggers and not super metal badass germanic barbarians

But black people are not the smarter meaner humans with a bunch of innate magical abilities. White people are the drow of humanity.

>2
Awesome.

Yeah, I sorta realized how bad "Dark Humans" sounded immediately after hitting the "post" button. Shame there's no editing option on Veeky Forums (unless I'm seriously too newfag to know about it).

There is a delete button, but I've never had it work before.

>not author fiat
>literal green Jesus Thrall

Blow it out your wigger ass, you pencil dicked nobody.

>They at least get where they are by their own strength, and not by author fiat.
What you say is rubbish.
They get as far as the the author says.

Gnomes, halflings, pixies, etc. Basically any race that exists to be cute and/or short.

I think you'd like the elves of the iron kingdoms, they only live into there mid 100's, are a race on the decline after they accidentally killed 3/4 of there pantheon, and they're genocidal maniacs with giant robots.

"The dwarfs" books by Markus Heitz.
Arguable the elves in Disciples II

>"The dwarfs" books by Markus Heitz.
I don't remember anything about these elves except that they lived in the woods and had an evil counterpart. Too long ago.

it's a thinly veiled "kill all whiteys" thing

just like orcs x nignoggs

trust me, fantasy is just a mirror for modern extremists at times.

and drow are fucking best elves...

think about that.

>Germanic

You're delusional.

So what describes those of us who play a different race every game?

Kappa race best race.

>being a kappa
>not being a tsuchinoko

I'm also voting for Kender.

I mean, there's always that player looking for in-character reasons to be a fagmaster to the rest of the group. And that probably can't be helped. But the Kender essentially put out a welcome mat for That Guy.

>argonians
>not khajit
>hating on the only race that estabilished a city on the fucking moon

>Who do you hate the most? Why does that race rustle your jimmies?
Blacks
Because they fucking ruined Houston (even more so than it already was) and refused to leave after Katrina was over

Gnomes. Dwarves.

Nuff said.

>hating based Dorfs
Faggot.

Humans.

Read this thread and tell me I'm not justified.

>>undertale
Choke on three billion cocks.

>Dwarves
Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I hate Dwarves as a whole, just that they are the most fucking predictable race I have ever fucking seen. "Depends on the setting" is something that does not apply to dwarves, because they're almost the same copy-paste shit, and every time a player chooses a dwarf it's the exact same gruff hard-drinking viking stereotype. This is all personal bias mind you, but that's what this thread is all about, isn't it?
>Gnomes
A That Guy race that is just a shitty mish-mash of other races' features lazily stuffed into a small ADHD package. I don't think anyone would give a fuck if gnomes up and disappeared from tabletop games.
>Humans
Boring as fuck, and played by people who are equally boring or (in the case of D&D 2e and farther) by people who are only interested in picking something because mechanically powerful. Bonus points for a cringeworthy dose of HFY
>Kender
Goes without saying

Hey Thrall is obviously Moses not Jesus. i have proof.
youtu.be/2Rxoz13Bthc?t=1m43s

>Kender
>quirky comedy Gnomes
>all female race or stupid sexual dimorphism
mainly because it's so incredibly lazy worldbuilding
>elemental template + race
I'm a fire person, all my stuff is fire themed, my ancestors fucked a fire
>golems, warforged, robots etc.
Having no needs beyond maybe energy makes such engaging roleplay
>-taurs of any kind
playing as the L-shaped tetris block just looks so stupid
>changelings
I can't commit to a character, so I'll be all the characters!

No drow allowed for pcs in any game i run.

Kender might get a slap but id let ya play it afterwards.

Any character without a family or with sexual trauma backstory is disallowed.

Kitsune, where weaboo and furry faggotry collide

None. Race is not the end-all be-all of a character. I have seen edgy humans and I have seen well-played tieflings. I have seen innovative drow and I have seen stereotypical dwarves. I accept all races because race is only a single component of a character, and the character is what matters, not any one component of it.

Delete button takes at least a minute to work.
This is so everyone can see what a fool you are while you frantically try and delete your stupid, stupid post.

>Also how come there aren't Dark Humans or Dark Dwarves?

Morlocks and duergar.

>Also how come there aren't Dark Humans or Dark Dwarves?
Duergar have already been mentioned, but there are also Dark Folk which are dark humans.

>inb4 niggers

i have more of a problem with the mindset of the people i played with who rolled those races than the actual races themselves

elves/half elves
>"i want to play a fantasy races because I think humans are boring...but i still want to look human"

non standard races
>"HEY EVERYONE LOOK HOW UNIQUE I AM!"

>But Kender are top of the hate heap.

This.

Gnomes. I've never seen an interpretation of them that couldn't or wasn't handled better by another race. As well they're just not even that interesting or creative. Look at the other common short races, at least they are fairly visually distinct from the standard of humans. Dwarves are stockier and thicker and hairier, halflings are more childlike and softer/chubbier plus the big feet, goblins are green and have more exaggerated features. Gnomes though just look like literally scaled down humans with no different proportions.

So yeah, prefer goblins as clever tinkerers, halflings as the mischevious curious sort, and kobolds as meticulous schemers. Gnomes bring nothing to the table.

Races that are just humans with special abilities and maybe different color. Shit like Genasi or Chiss from Star Wars. Elves get a free pass because they actually are supposed to have physical differences.

Fucking Elves.

Lets take their boons in pathfinder:

>+2 dex, +2 int
>Elven Immunities (immunity to sleep, and +2 vs. Enchantments)
>+2 perception
>+2 on caster levels to overcome spell resistance, AND +2 spellcraft
>Proficient in: fuckload of weapons (not gonna list them all)
>Low light vision.
>Live forever

Now, lets look at their negatives:

>-2 con, averaging to -1 HP per level.

What the flying fuck. And before someone goes "thats what you get for playing pathfinder" They're JUST as bad in base DnD. They have ONE weakness that is basically unnoticeable past level 3, and a shit load of bonuses. There is no reason for them to have that many buffs, and just one, basically unnoticeable weakness

I hate dwarves, halflings, gnomes, and wood elves quite a bit in fantasy shit.

Fucking Gnomes. I can't wrap my head around what they're supposed to be that isn't already done by halflings other than being "tinkerers" which is the most bullshit racial quality in the world because it shoehorns them in to one single role.
Any time I run a game with gnomes in it I always just switch them to little men in red hats. At least that way there's something kind of unique about them.

Anything not undead or not striving to become undead. Absolutely disgusting.

Not a huge fan of gnomes or any race that is in the setting just to jack off to.

>What the flying fuck. And before someone goes "thats what you get for playing pathfinder" They're JUST as bad in base DnD. They have ONE weakness that is basically unnoticeable past level 3, and a shit load of bonuses. There is no reason for them to have that many buffs, and just one, basically unnoticeable weakness
However you come to realize that those bonuses don't stack up against the almighty bonus feat, bonus skill point, and floating +2 bonus to any stat you want that humans get, not to mention that humans almost always get the best favored class bonuses and the ability to poach racial features and feats from other races.

Elves are fine. Eladrin are dumb.

I mean, if you want to reflavor your elf, okay. But why say they're haughtier than elves, when they're elves?

Of course, the Japanese hate the Okinawans because they're not as Japanese as they are. Maybe that's the deal. We're all using Okinawans and their Tai Quan Do, and the xenophobic Japanese are busy guarding the secrets of their jiujitsu because we're stupid, slow, and ugly.

Yeah but that is literally what you get for playing Pathfinder.

Humans. Sorry you lazy fuck, you're in a fantastical world of fantasy and wonder yet you play a human. Why. Humans in all reality would have been fucked and buggered by things like ogres, orcs, and dragons. Actually I take that back, the DO get buggered by them consider most fucking races are half humans!

Demons, ogres, giants, orcs, elves, elementals, dragons, angels, everything fucks humans. Thats how they aren't wiped out, they're the universal sex slaves.

I personally like the idea of "high elves", but only if there are no standard elves.
The whole "high elf/wood elf" thing is supposed to take the two conflicting aspects of elves (super civilized and snobby vs tree hugging hippy folk) and make them into their own respective races. Having regular elves as well invalidates the distinction between the two.

4e elves were wood elves, not standard elves.

But Elves in Witcher are regularly portrayed as being as vicious, savage, and racist as their human counterparts.

Case in point in one of the short stories Geralt ends up dulling the hatred of one of the elves by pointing out how similar they act.

ALSO elves aren't some sort of noble, compassionate OG race. They're alien invaders (who massacred a previous race and stole their city) just like every other race in the Witcher world (with the exception of Gnomes and possibly dwarves).

At first I thought this was Craig getting around his ban, but then I realized it wasn't specifically elf women.
But I might be misremembering due to not really caring.

>I start to collect posts like this. When I got enough I will make a nice collage of them,
I support this endeavor.

>which will end this discussion once and for all.
This is either naive as hell or an intentional joke.
Fucking hilarious either way.

I play mostly orc or human. I hate those stupid elf hating cunts. Since most of the time those players seem to be dwarfs, I hate dwarves. I get that elves can be annoying, but the shit that comes out of you peoples mouths drives me insane.

The worst character I ever came up with was a Kappa....