Undead Civ #3

>Back again with another installment of vampire civ! We continue the adventures of Count Marius Le Vieux. Here are the previous Threads:
> suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46883160/ #1
> suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46901397/ #2

The nights have been cooler than normal. But the flurries of snow at night are quickly melted in the morning; most of the thralls resort to wearing warm kitted sweaters most nights. While you survey the landscape from one of your most complete towers, laborers begin the work of lugging heavy scientific equipment to the top floor; each thrall knowing that it will be his life if he drops anything. An elevator runs through the center, as to load carts full of cadavers to the laboratory but hasn’t been completed yet. Bartholomew has done a fantastic job on the décor, gruesome gargoyles over look the grounds, while stone murals depict gory battle scenes from days gone by. All of the rooms of the castle are empty, without the trace of furniture. This makes any sound echo loudly down halls.

Your fallen foe, The Arrow, has been put under a spell to preserve his corpse from decay. Though you have had fun hanging his body from his tendons like a pig. But even this cannot dissuade your lingering worry about who sent this hunter to your doorstep, and so soon after you had awakened. None of the villagers could have known, and they suspect you less of your true nature after saving Maria.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NaXlfkSZs4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have struck up a correspondence with Maria, sending letters in fine stationary and receiving letters in return; some laced with perfume of lilac. You have found that she is a well read mortal, and not simply a wallflower; though you knew this after seeing her dispatch The Arrow. You will wait for the right moment before you present the choice of unlife, but for now, you’ll try to accumulate more power and influence over the town. You think that it might be easier to simply begin making more thralls, ghouls, and lesser vampires to take the town. But you also enjoy mingling mortals, and perhaps you can rule in such a way that is beneficial to the mortals(Many elders are slain, in large part, thanks to their cruelty).

>(Main choices)
A. Try to improve Castle.
B. Try to improve Weapons and Armor.
C. Try to improve technology.
D. Try to improve magic.
E. Hunt for blood
F. Your Suggestion
G. Search area

Population: 1 Elder vampire(armed with a sword and pistol), 4 human thralls(armed with swords and bows), 4 human women(Armed with daggers), 8 human children, one skeleton(armed with a sword and bow). (Temporary: Bartholomew and his team of builders)

Blood: Full.
Resources: Dead bodies form the town graves. Small farm on the castle grounds.
Technology: None
Weapons/Armor: Dagger
Magic: Mind control, transform into Man-bat, Nightmares, soul binding.
Architecture: Halfway-built gothic castle
Defenses: High stone walls, semi-dug mote.
Government: None.

Hey new guy!

F. Can we somehow start making money? We will need money to finance our unholy empire. Maybe start having the thralls pull their own weight.

>D
Lets try summoning Skeletons again. We've had some time to regain some of our power, and I think our boney friend is lonely

Bump for the people who expected me at 12pm cst. I started the thread a bit early.

Supporting

Got any suggestion on how they do that?

Seconding.

As a bonus, we can use them as tireless miners. Start exporting tin, copper, silver, whatever we can dig out of the mountains.

Hmm, wait instead of that, let's research alchemy or start making our lands fertile and suitable for farming.

One way for income could be us hunting animals at night. Then dropping off the hide to worked on. Less drain on the human workers and more blood for us.

Than could be nice to give people fertilizers.

Who said it wasn't? It must be good soil if there is a whole town living near by. Also, its getting colder, maybe winter is coming (braces for GOT jokes)

If we send the skeletons out to mine, we can study alchemy to boost the value of the minerals. It would be better to have some humans do the fieldwork since we don't want our presence to be too obvious.

We could make the soil even richer, though. Crops maturing at a fraction of the time, resistant to pests, and produce just generally being bigger and healthier.

Rolled 4 (1d7)

This. We'll need metal for weapons as well.

Hey guys

You think it is time to exercise your necromancy again. You feel naked without the hoards of the undead at your side, it would only be a matter of time before who ever sent The Arrow after you to hire more mercenaries. You go to the newly created crypts, where you have stored the bodies the Mayor has sent you, and begin your work. You take a couple of thralls with you, so that you can drink their blood as fuel for magic, so you wont be tired. You start with the collection of skeletons, as flesh and blood zombies are a bit more complex a creature to make. Red currents of energy reach out to the human ivory, like puppets. 30 Skeletons hope to life, their funeral cloths hanging on them loosely. You are please that this has not drained you completely, but take a sip from one of the thralls anyways. Again you turn to another pile of skeletons, this time from a mass grave; a lose assortment of bones all piled together. As you send out another torrent of red magic, you feel a great pull from the magic; once again you fear that you may have taken on too much. But thankfully the spell ends as a hulking form emerges from the pile. It was enormous! Towering over you, it is at least 10 feet in height. Cobbled together, it creaks and moans with the humanoid form of two legs and two arms.

Population: 1 Elder vampire(armed with a sword and pistol), 4 human thralls(armed with swords and bows), 4 human women(Armed with daggers), 8 human children, 30 skeletons (armed with a sword and bow), One bone golem. (Temporary: Bartholomew and his team of builders)

Blood: Hungry!
Resources: Dead bodies form the town graves. Small farm on the castle grounds.
Technology: None
Weapons/Armor: Dagger
Magic: Mind control, transform into Man-bat, Nightmares, soul binding.
Architecture: Halfway-built gothic castle
Defenses: High stone walls, semi-dug mote.
Government: None.

>A Present for you guys! Hope you like your new friend!

>(Main choices)
A. Try to improve Castle.
D. Try to improve magic.
E. Hunt for blood
F. Your Suggestion
G. Search area

Addendum, the bone golem stands 20ft high.

>A. Try to improve Castle.
Finish it off.

Yes! Ok, immediately put the regular skeletons to work, and Gigantor can stay and guard the castle (He's a bit too scary to have roaming around the country side. He'd raise suspicion)

Search the area for a suitable mine to mass produce weapons and armor. We're going to need a lot of them, and buying them is for plebs.

We can use the skeletons as workers.

Gigantor should guard the catacombs for the time being

I guess we start work on a mine. Probably look for a safe place and set the undead up for mining.

I agree with having the big one guard. Save him for the moments his hugeness will shine.

Yep, seconded

>G.
Locate suitable areas for mining operations. Perhaps consult some of our thralls to see if they know anything.

If we can also establish a mining camp, that'd be great. Have the ores processed on the spot, as well as having a secure perimeter to hide the skellingtons.

Votes are in, writing.

Alternately we could form a skeletal band

Happy with this new flex of your returning power, you send the skeletons with some of the tools at your castle and command them to find a mine… but they don’t seem to really understand the task. Aggravated, you tell your Thrall double to accompany them to establish a mine. Though this will take away from your most useful thrall, you know that the job will be done. You instruct him to inform the skeletons to only return with ore at night, so the towns folk are none the wiser. (This will take some time before you receive anything.)

As your new workers set off to mine. You receive a message from one of the other thralls that the workers from the village have seen strange things during the day, a white lady dressed in a billowing dress has been spotted near the walls of the castle. Some have reported that she will ask where her baby is, and vanish when ever they come close to her.

“The workers are scared to continue their labor, and since they are not thralls themselves. They can leave if they don’t feel safe, the village has always been quite superstitious” You think for a moment, this may have something to do with the recently unearthed graves that the mayor has sent to you. Restless spirits taking vengeance on the living for desecrating their corpses.

>What will you do?

>(Main choices)
>A. Try to improve Castle. (Locked, the workers wont continue construction)
D. Try to improve magic.
E. Hunt for blood
F. Your Suggestion
G. Search area

lol you could make a living as the carnival of the dead.

>Confront this spirit
D. Try to improve magic.
Voodoo

Confront her, spend some time planning out what magic would be useful

We could easily just eat her soul

Eat her Soul.

thats not a bad idea op... we could start a good PR campaign for the undead. show them that we mean no harm. (That is of course, after we establish ourselves.)

>See if we cant convince her to join us, an ambassador for the spirits might be the perfect thing for us!

Try to engage her. Learn who she is and what "baby" she's talking about. See about recruiting her.

>C.
Agricultural alchemy. Improve soil and crops.

>F. Your Suggestion
Try talking to her and see if we could just say her child is all grown up and has a job or something. Restless spirits are probably prone to snapping. So I'm not sure if we can be diplomatic or not.

yes hello i am here

And?

I second this.

hello i am here

Hello Here.
I am user.

But that's just my opinion.

Leaving the vote up for a bit, driving back home. I'll have a post ready when I get there.

Keep your opinions to yourself fag.

That's just like your opinion, faggot.

And yours!

Back and writing the new post.

You tell the thrall that you will deal with this yourself, as mortals can do little in the face of these kinds of spirits; and that you expect work to continue as normal. Ghost are particularly difficult to find, as you cannot use your normal predatory senses to find them. You resort to using crude mortal occultism to find her, using Ouija boards and other such trinkets. After a few days, you manage to find this white lady. Roaming the graveyard, and passing through gravestones as if they where made of the same material she was. She turns her head like an owl, so that her head now faces her back.

“Have you seen my baby?....I seemed to have misplaced him. He’s a healthy size boy about three months old. I’m dreadfully worried for him.”

“My dear, you seem a bit confused, your child has lived beyond your care, and is no doubt a man. You on the other hand are a lost spirit, trapped on this mortal plane. I can help you if you wish for it.” In truth, ghost unnerve you, you have no soul; but the thought of a soul being twisted like this is a bit creepy.

“I want my baby! TAKE ME TO MY BABY!” Her jaw lowers, like that of a snake eating an egg. And rushes toward you. You dodge out of the way just in time, not entirely sure what would happen if she caught you; but you figure it cant be good.

>Attempt to calm her down?
>She was given a chance for a peaceful rest, you will now clam her soul for your power.

>Attempt to calm her down?
Maybe try a bit more occultism to scry for her son.

+1

We should just eat her soul. If every one of these ghost needs to be persuaded to join us and deal with their unfinished business, then they are more useful to us as a magic source for more undead soldiers. What can they really do other than go through walls?

Your no fun. But you make a good point, still in think we should try and convince her to join us. She could be a useful spy.

Invisible sentries. Espionage. The sort.

This

Supporting because is neat.

>>Attempt to calm her down?
We are a 'man' of honeyed words. This will be a great test of our skill.

Ghost wife confirmed?

But we're planning on getting Maria. Besides, how would we be fug a ghost? We're meat undead and she's spirit dead.

Nah, ghost mistress

Who says we can't have both?

And we'll find a way.

Star-crossed lovers from two different planes of existence. Doomed from the start. I like it. But seriously, Maria is the otp of this quest.

Eat the soul. Eat it.

EAT THE SOUL

EAT IT WHOLE

IN YOUR MOUTH IT WILL ROLL

FRY IT UP AND PUT IT IN A BOWL

USE IT FOR FUEL LIKE ELDRITCH COAL

HER AGGRESSION WILL COST HER A TERRIBLE TOLL

EAT THAT SOUL

EAT IT WHOLE

Supporting. Sometimes you need someone who really understands you.

In this case what it's like to be one of the undead.

Calm your tits, user.

Notice how he isn't actually user, but a namefag, like the retard he is

Ummm. GTFO guys. We've been accepting names in this quest since day one.

Stop being a party pooper.

He not being a party pooper you lawful good fag.

“Madam please! There is no need for these hostilities” she makes another swoop towards you. This time she ectoplasmic form touches your arm, and you feel an extreme amount of pain. This ghostly essence begins to be absorbed by you, but you feel less control over your body. She is trying to possess you! Desperately you pull up magical wards against such attacks, but as a soulless being you have more difficulty than if she had attacked a mortal.

“Please! If you spare me, I shall help you find your child! I swear it! I have too many plans to accomplish before I go to hell!” the ghostly woman looks at you, still trying to control you body as her own

“Do you swear to help me? Life drinker?”

“I swear it on all the princes of hades. I promise that I shall find you son. As long as you assist me in my goals along with me, you would be bound in my service for as long as I walk this earth.” The ghost ponders this for a moment, each second another loss in the battle to stay in control. And then…

“I accept these terms. I shall bind myself to you lord of night, in exchange you return my son to me. And if you fail, or break our agreement, I will personally see to it that you will meet those princes of hades myself!” She stops her attack, and her features return to normal… floating above the dense graveyard grass….

Several months pass, the snow finally deciding to fall and linger across the land. The ghost, who’s name is Judith, roams your crypts; keeping watch for any other lingering spirits of the dead. She promises to try and persuade any who are reasonable, and if they are unreasonable, she will assist in fighting them with your help to gain another soul for your magics. You are weary of being around her, you will make sure to keep good on her promise, not wanting to face her wrath again.

>How many thralls do you use to investigate the matter?

>(Main choices)
>A. Try to improve Castle. (Locked, the workers wont continue construction)
D. Try to improve magic.
E. Hunt for blood
F. Your Suggestion
G. Search area

>Sorry, forgot to format the choices.
>How many thralls do you use to investigate the matter?

Population: 1 Elder vampire(armed with a sword and pistol), 4 human thralls(armed with swords and bows), 4 human women(Armed with daggers), 8 human children, 30 skeletons (armed with a sword and bow), One bone golem. One ghost. (Temporary: Bartholomew and his team of builders)

>(Main choices)
>A. Try to improve Castle.
D. Try to improve magic.
E. Hunt for blood
F. Your Suggestion
G. Search area

(forgot to name myself before, but I'm the user super hyped about our factory quest)

C. It's about time we made our first transmutation with the Arrow.

We've been waiting long enough!

youtube.com/watch?v=NaXlfkSZs4E

Enlist the village again. She clearly lived there, so someone might know who she is, and therefore what happened to her son.

Meanwhile we should go on a blood hunt and visit Maria again afterwards. We're hungry, I believe.

>E. Hunt for blood
>G. Search area
There must be new blood somewhere.
Also, have you guys seen the sticky?

2 Thralls will be assigned to looking into the son.
D. Improve magic, try to improve divination, work closely with the ghost.

Btw, ask her to bring us to her corpse so we can use it to help scry for next of kin. Also get her to tell us any more details she can -when she died, who the husband was, where she lived, etc.

* I feel as if this name is fitting

Switching to this.

Seconded.

Only send the 2 weakest thrall investigate that matter, while they do that get to know the second best thrall.

>C. Improve your technology.
Try to make machine workers with the arrow as your brain bot Butler

Good to see you back! Im digging the music btw.

I shall name you Igor, cause you want to make monstrosities so much. Lab is being made, and will be finished soon.

2 Thralls.

F
Head into town and look into it our self as well. Also use this as a excuse to see Maria.

+1

Supporting, Have the mayor help if necessary. There has to be some town archives that could shed some light on Judith and her son.

Seconding this

Second.
But look into making war tech like crossbows and guns.

I realize the lab isn't complete yet, but I'll gladly also vote for this in advance as an automatic action upon completion.

Is she an old ghost? If so, they might be a problem if her body is dust by now. Still, voting for this.

>sticky
Wow that looks like it could be cool with the add-ons they have planed.

I feel like it might be worth finding a way to encourage impoverished farmers and artisans from elsewhere to come to the area. We'd increase our thrallforce and population, as well as limiting how much outside help we'd need to seek.

Though I want more thralls, I'm not sure if we can handle that many. We are connected to them.

Maybe we could magic up a way to handle more thralls.

Maybe condense and solidify a few souls into a crystal that can act as a node and lighten the stress we'd otherwise have to endure.

We probably could, but I suspect there are better things we could do with that much energy.

Oh you know it!

Better than three dozen thralls???

You make it sound like souls are hard to acquire.

This everyone?

We definitely need more ghost babes to make a coven out of,

I'll take 10,000 undead warriors over three dozen thralls any day. We'll need to be raising large numbers of minions later on and it'll take a lot of power.

They won't be eventually. One day we will have mortals carted to us by the hundred and absorb every one of their souls

Not a vote btw, just an idea.

I think.
The uhh, scrying shit won i believe

But who'll lead those undead warriors, you think? Us personally?

Lesser vampires. Our first thrall. More intelligent undead.

>Lesser vampires
Can betray us.
Our first thrall
Can't fight a war on two fronts.
>More intelligent undead
And in the meantime?