Named Swords

I was thinking about named swords. My Wardancer gets a new pair of magical swords and I was told I'll have to name them. The DM has a knack for swords with a name.
I'm not that creative so I came up with Lightning and Thunder. Maybe you guys have another good idea?
Also named swords thread. Do your characters name their weapons? What's your favourite named weapon?
Pic related

I think the name of your sword says a lot about your character, so you should take that into account.

How do the swords look by the way?

I'd like to go with those classic warhammer woodelf swords. One like a broadsword the other one shorter.
You're right about the character aspect something water themed would fit better than lightning.
He likes to go fishing when he's not carving up ork scum

Pic related

Pillow Talk.

My favorite named weapon is definitely Ringil's sword from "A Land Fit For Heroes".

Its name is "I am Welcomed in the Home of Ravens and Other Scavengers in the Wake of Warriors, I am Friend to Carrion Crows and Wolves, I am Carry Me, and Kill with Me where the Road Ends, I am not the Honeyed Promise of Length of Life in Years to Come, I am the Iron Promise of Never Being a Slave".

The King killer

What about Monsoon and Tideweaver?

Try using adjectives. And overall theme

If I was using a Bdsm dark elf :

Vengeful Mistress
Swift Discipline

Shit works

Found the faggot.

My first named weapon was a shortsword my sneaky elf used to backstab people in 2nd ed d&d. It was named 'Arse-fucker'. I'm not proud of it.

Did you ever think to yourself "maybe I should stop typing" while writing that sword's name?

Jimmy and Bob
or
Slashy and Stabby

>He likes to go fishing when he's not carving up ork scum
Isn't it obvious? Bait

I really like those ideas. I'll give it a thought

OP, play the game and name your sword Chance.

I run really corny names through translators and then tweak them around. Though I suppose you could always just use the English too:

Song of the Evening
Dream of the Morning
Falling Snow
Like Tears in the Ocean
Swiftly, My Child
Solemnity
Grass and Leaves
Cresting Emotion
Realization

I would use badass sounding fish names for them, then.

Sadly, I know jack shit about fishes. Maybe shark for the big and piranha for the short, but I don't like it, too obvious. Maybe you know better options if you play a fisher.

Skipjack and Swallowtail

If he likes to go fishing, how about hook and line?

The first one just makes me think of eh steak and the second is a butterfly.

From a fallout game, the alternate BBEGs bumper sword, Trail of Tears.

Ironically, right?

Flounder and Minnow.

Pike and Swordfish?

Ripplesplitter and Tidechanger

Name them "Shiggy" and "Diggy"

Beater and Biter.

Sange and Yasha
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Swod and Nutha Swod.
That what happens, if you steal your swords from orcs....

Wait until you accomplish something to name the swords, right now they have no history, how can you name them without sounding like a gay?

Only sword I ever named was a simple unenchanted one that I called Vainglory as a reminder that too much pride can lead to lose of life.

Water twin sword names:
Scylla and Charybdis
Twin Leviathan
(your local god of the sea's) Wrath

I'm still trying to figure out what I would call a bow that scales in damage to the user's intelligence. It would have to be a fancy name by setting conventions, almost a title. The best I've come up with is the Rationale for Violence.

Ebb and Flow
Whelm and Undertow
Tide and Current

The Dumber. It dumbs a race by killing its intelligent members.

Nice song too.

seeing as you already have a horde of fish names, if you gave any tidbit of info about your character I think name suggestions would roll in.

Stroke of Genius
Prometheus
The Librarian
Eureka
etc.

Waka, you suave fuck.

I'm writing a book where the main character has two swords called Suze and Sugar, You can have them OP.

I like lighting and thunder BTW, they make sense. Thunder as the finishing blow that comes after quick, lightning light blade

Hell, Tolkien had Hammer and Cleaver as names for his blades, it doesn't have to be all THAT complicated.

Technically their names were Elvish words meaning "The Foe Hammer" and "The Goblin Cleaver", but yeah.

>I'm writing a book where the main character has two swords called Suze and Sugar

My character called his Eternity's End after slaying someone who claimed to be unkillable.

He'd later remark that calling yourself "The Immortal" was just asking for trouble.

Bait and tackle