Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/DuYiKfgJ
archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Thoughtful Wish-Maker
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vulnudaemons are killers, not possessors. If I find out one is masquerading as my child, my child has been dead for some time.

>What have I done?
I haven't killed it yet, evidently. They tend to go into hiding, so I'd rectify that posthaste.

Kek. What the fuck is dat loli?

Does an Evangelist's "Gift of Tongues" give you access to secret languages?

Technically if your child is a vulnudaemon, it means they were murdered by someone close to them and came back. So you've got multiple problems, unless it was you that killed them in the first place, in which case you might just get along fine.

I adapted a monster I found on the Paizo messageboards to be more threatening. Its my first time messing with monsters, so let me know what you think.

pastebin.com/DuYiKfgJ

The original creature was small and, due to its special ability, was capable of hitting much harder than normal when attacked.

Well that depends if my child became a vulnudaemon, or a vulnudaemon became my child.

In either case, I can't imagine getting along well. None of my characters have ever been on good political footing with Abbadon.

>you will never be a Copper dragon
>you will never make terrible puns to a Gold's face and see them actually smile
>you will never taunt a Blue until it kills you with lightning, only to exclaim that it was totally worth it when you get resurrected

Why would it?
Isn't the only secret language druidic?
Everything else can be gained through a linguistics rank.

What are some ways of circumventing an PC with unlimited attack of opportunity (Mythic Combat reflexes) and Stand Still?
Concealment and Teleportation have been my only trick so far.

hopefully you have something set up for resurrections

Because they'd probably take your shiny corpse as a decoration.

I've always wanted to play a dragon masquerading as an adventurer to break up the monotony, and to acquire treasureeee.

One of my players wants to use a bow like pic related to shoot spears at people. Is this a thing in pathfinder that's doable because I know that using a melee weapon from a size catagory larger is just a penalty but I just can't see bows doing the same thing because of draw length and height.

>Better CMD
>Withdraw
>Five foot step and produce obstacle (wall of stone)
>Any part of the 18 bajillion ways you can make some movement not provoke

Spring Attack.

I always thought it would be amusing to see two people with Mythic Combat Reflexes and without Improved Unarmed Strike fight unarmed.

As far as I can tell, each AOO would provoke, and would resolve itself in a single round when they beat each other till someone can't fight (or they choose to stop)

>a million punches and counter-punches thrown in the span of six seconds

Do you like potatoes?

why didn't you make a wizard /pfg/?

what's the point of even playing

What's that stance that lets you do a second counter every round? Was it Riven Hourglass?

Playing an OC campaign where there's an ancient language. Too dead to pick up by linguistics, but there are some who know it. Therefore, DM has decreed it as a Secret language. So I'm trying to check if the ability specifically allows Secret Languages.

Because I just can't, not after all the really fun shit they've lost since 3.5. No Elven Generalist, no Domain Wizard (which was technically compatible with Elven Generalist), no Abrupt Jaunt, no Uncanny Forethought, not even the really cool but kinda bad options that I loved like sudden metamagics, reserve feats, eidetic spellcaster, collegiate wizard, etc. It's all just gone. We don't even have Knowledge Devotion funsies in the paizo wasteland.

Smite and cleave, that thing is no child of mine.

Because I'm playing an oracle of Bokrug with Dreamed Secrets and Scribe Scroll to steal all the wizard's spells.

Checkmate atheists.

A Magus combining Bladed Dash, Greater Bladed Dash, or Dimension Door with Spell Combat. Well, technically anyone using one of those, but it works best for a Magus using Spell Combat.

Androffan somewhat acts as a secret language since you can only learn it through a trait or by being directly exposed to it, then taking a point in Linguistics.

I'm preparing to build a muscle wizard.
Starting at level 9.

Help me build this.
Starting stats are 18/12/14/18/14/10

That isn't how that works, it only provokes if the enemy is considered armed. If neither has Improved Unarmed Strike, then neither would provoke.

Unfortunately, unarmed strikes only provoke when you strike someone who is armed

Because I made an Arcanist

is right, you can't make AoOs with unarmed strikes without IUS. Maybe two guys with bows and those abilities that let you make AoOs with a bow.

>Cage Enemy (Ex)
>When this ability is active, any creature moving out of one of your threatened squares, even when making a 5-foot step or using a form of movement that doesn't usually provoke attacks of opportunity, provokes an attack of opportunity from you.
Yeah, forgot to mention this. And his bonus to attack is ridiculously high. Combine that with Cut from the Air, the only viable means of significant damage I can find is and ranged spell damage. He also has Teleport Tactian, which make bladed dash a bit nasty. And with Spell Cut on the horizon it isn't looking good...

Addendum
Bladed Dash is not a teleportation effect. TT doesn't work on it.

is it a bad idea to use planar binding to summon a efreeti for wishes?

Snake Style. Immediate action to make a Sense Motive check vs his AoO. You don't need more than one because you can only provoke an AoO from a specific action once, so if you avoid the first movement AoO he can't hit you again.

It breaks the system, but besides that no. Might as well blood money into a whale instead, it's safer.

>you can only provoke an AoO from a specific action once,
Gonna need source on that, not to doubt you. My player is a lawyer and will need the source. Combat rules on d20pfsrd aren't showing anything.

Found it
> Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn't count as more than one opportunity for that opponent. All these attacks are at your full normal attack bonus.

Yes. Efreeti are evil.

Well a specific trigger, isn't it? It was possible for an attack roll being attempted to provoke an AoO, and then an attack roll being successful to provoke another. In 3.5. Rule probably hasn't changed.

>If you have the Combat Reflexes feat, you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of opportunity you can make in a round. This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes two attacks of opportunity from you, you could make two separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different opportunity). Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn't count as more than one opportunity for that opponent. All these attacks are at your full normal attack bonus.

>This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity

>Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn't count as more than one opportunity for that opponent.

Core rulebook, page 180

Wrong post?

Threadly reminder that Paizo made it a trait and a DC 25 Sense Motive check to have all your efreeti-granted wishes be un-twistable.
>archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Thoughtful Wish-Maker
>You are well acquainted with the many ways words can be twisted. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Sense Motive checks. Furthermore, if you succeed at a DC 25 Sense Motive check prior to making any wish granted by an outsider, you become aware of your wish’s potential pitfalls. If you succeed at this check by 5 or more, you figure out how to word your wish in such a way that your words are not twisted.

Are there templates to add PoW initiating to monsters and pregenerated NPCs? Or ways as a GM to add just counters and things easily to prevent getting one shot by an alpha strike of maneuvers?

So I have been doing a lot of playing with PoW:E. So far I have done the following spanning a time from the play tests to current:

>lvl 18 void prophet zealot
>lvl 13-15 base zealot
>lvl 15 ravenlord
>lvl 5-10 ravenlord/witch gestalt
>lvl 5-10 base harbinger
>lvl 10-12 base mystic
>lvl 1-5 base harbinger
>lvl 3-8 gunsmoke mystic

I just have to say that on a whole I am not impressed with PoW:E. Particularly the design space it is attempting to occupy in relation with other DSP content. It does not address many of the issues that were inherent to PoW to begin with while exacerbating others.

I am unsure why PoW:E seems to well received on /pfg/. After doing test playing on both the player and GM side I have decided to continue allowing PoW but disallow PoW:E for now.

Honestly putting out more content while the issues of Primal Fury, Broken Blade, Steel Serpent, and Black Seraph still exist to me feels like a poor decision and a poor showing from the DSP folks.

What issues are you running into?
Why did you choose these levels?
Are the issues with maneuvers themselves or the classes?

Initiators as NPCs is a dangerous prospect. They are far more deadly in combat than your average NPC with class levels with far more answers to what PCs attempt to throw at them.

PoW is not designed to fight PCs, it's designed to fight monsters.

Basically PoW creates a new form of rocket tag during play. If you use a competent PoW character against a party at least one of them is going to die.

>I've always wanted to play a dragon masquerading as an adventurer to break up the monotony, and to acquire treasureeee.

Silver dragons canonically do this by assuming the forms of adorable young silver-haired squires, courtiers or apprentices.

You've cleverly avoided stating what those actual problems are.

Giving a counter or two to enemies, especially lieutenants and such, helps make them more hardy. The template could be as simple as "the creature now has access to any two counters from the following list of disciplines, based on their type" (animals get primal fury and chimera soul, outsiders get silver crane and black seraph, etc.)

That's a SUPER rough idea off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that guy isn't asking for enemies to have full initiating.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Eh, Black Seraph has at most 4-5 outlier maneuvers that need to be fixed, but works fine otherwise.

Please post Osirion girls, I need some references for my players.

>What issues are you running into?
Several, some of the ones I most find damaging is the increased use of skill checks in combat for various purposes. It ignores the ability for skills to be optimized to a far greater degree than in combat numbers, attack rolls, caster/manifestor/initiator levels, AC, CMD, and more.

Another is because of the limited design space of maneuvers on a whole there is not a low of stepping on one another's toes for abilities. This causes near carbon copies of the same abilities over different disciplines. Because of the fact an initiator can only ready a single copy of the same maneuver this was meant to limit them and validate their recovery mechanic. Now with carbon copies existing it is relatively trivial to simply ready two or more nearly identical effects and thus not require your recovery mechanic for anything but protracted encounters.

As well I am not particularly enjoying the zealot's or mystic's class feature philosophies. Many of them are easily abusable, and while there is supposed to be an inherent social contract to not abuse such things we all know people will do it anyway.

>What issues are you running into?
They were for different games. The levels were chosen depending on who was GMing and what they were running. Those are the characters I remember and do not include PoW NPCs I created that did not appear for more than one session. I could recount what game each fell into but I do not think that is important.

>Are the issues with maneuvers themselves or the classes?
A bit of both.

>You've cleverly avoided stating what those actual problems are.
I give more specifics here I can give more as well, particularly about the mystic for examining of individual class features.

As for the growing pains in limited design space shattered mirror is one of the worse offenders.

I agree. It is the least of evils out of the list I gave.

Stop giving them damage boosts, dumbass.

This is another problem I have with PoW as a whole. When you create PoW NPCs that are built similarly to PCs (heroic NPCs, we all have them in adventures). The efficient deadliness of PoW characters is shown off.

PoW in my mind has always been about efficiency for in combat utility. They are extremely good at it, and in fact better than casters outside of edge cases with system abuse or long preparation (simulacrum armies, armies of the damned, "I'm gonna laugh at you from my demi plane" sort of stuff).

This is to a greater extent than base martial, obviously, but for single target deadliness as a cost it also beats most casters. This is because largely PoW requires a much lower ceiling for optimization. A PoW character is good from the get go because all choices are designed to be relatively equal (there are exceptions, but we won't talk about those).

I can see however that this low optimization ceiling is a design choice on DSP's part.

Exactly
When I used ToB back in 3.5 I gave a frost giant 3 levels of warblade as a boss for a level 10 party. An optimized elan kineticist psion challenged him to single combat with the aid of her fighter cohort. At the end of the duel she had 2 HP and 3 pp left after facing a CR 12 or so threat.

So only a handful of maneuvers and a stance or two seem like they'd be worth +1 to CR

Full initiating from a template would be way too excessive.

That's a pretty neat idea basing discipline on creature type.

>Skill replacements maneuvers are bad
Yeah, I'll agree
>Limited design space of maneuvers
Maneuvers do a ton of things, picking samey ones are on you.
>Not enjoying Zealot/Mystic
Please specify
>Issues running into
Please specify
>issues with maneuvers or classes
PLEASE
SPECIFY

That's just a longbow.

No, it's a greatbow.

It's a 2d6 instead of 1d8.

What's the best feat/maneuver for a fear based zwei sentinel?

>Maneuvers do a ton of things, picking samey ones are on you.
For this I say that there exists a social contract that one will not abuse the system. However a system that is abusable is not excused because of this contract. The same reason I condemn pathfinder's system for casters as being poorly constructed. In it lies an abusable system.

>Please specify
The zealot's recovery mechanic being moved to a move action means that he may create a three action per round benefit. His buffing, depending on his mission and conviction choices puts him easily ahead of a bard in terms of in combat buffing. This is before boosts/strikes that also buff, which a zealot is built to do.

Using martial traditions he can easily gain a ranged maneuver set, and thus effectively eliminate the one weakness he had, being forced to stand in one place to keep zeal up. Even then that is not entirely required because enduring zeal exists.

What I am saying bothers me about a zealot is that their in combat defensive utility and buffing not only outstrips anything written by Paizo, but also outstrips DSP's own work, outpacing the warder easily.

For Mystic my biggest gripe is the randomization of maneuvers. I do not believe that DSP's suggestion is sufficient to justify it.

>PLEASE
>SPECIFY
For mystic I believe their have a layer of complexity that adds nothing to play except slowing it, for zealot I believe they have too much in combat support so as to outstrip other class's both DSP and paizo.

Firing a Greatbow without support imparts a –4 penalty on the attack rolls, and the wielder is knocked prone.

As a move action a Greatbow can be anchored; providing support.

Hows that?

Tbh I wish PoW hadn't tried to be a damage source. Conditional damage ("if you throw enemy into other enemy, gain X damage") is fine but "you attack and deal way more damage" is a waste of paper, turns people off of the system and isn't even what people like about it. Martials are already good at damage, what the system is for is adding vertatility, variety and FUN.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin

Okay, am I crazy, or is there really nothing in Paladin explicitly saying "you have to worship a lawful good diety"?

There's the stipulation that you have to be lawful good, but I don't see anywhere where it says you have to serve a lawful good god. Hell, I don't even see anything that says you'd have to be within one step of the god you serve.

All this time I just sort of assumed you had to serve a god that's at least one step from LG, but taking a closer look at the class, it doesn't ever seem like it's actually required.

Could I technically be a Paladin of Pharasma or even a chaotic god like Cayden?

Entire purpose of strikes though was to deal damage and remain mobile
Sort of like how the caster can move and still be effective with standard actions

Lawful Good is the worst alignment there is, Chaotic Good is better.

Go home JJ

Eat shit buddy

I think there is a rule that states you can only have your main god 1 step from your alignment, or there was in 3.5 So you could be a paladin for a NG, LG, or LN god.

paladin is not cleric and has as much connection to the deity you worship as fighter or rogue

I am baffled that people are still struggling with this concept and believe that paladins are just clerics who are limited to LG

Is giving my Cavalier The Demon Mother's Mask so that he can start a clutch with his dinosaur mount magical realm stuff?

Except for Full Attack+ maneuvers which I personally never use and think should go the way of the dodo Strikes ABSOUTELY need to be "attack + a boatload of dice" or they'll get completely obsoleted by full attacks, as usual.

Like said, they're there to keep you mobile.

If you have to ask, it is.

>Is giving my Cavalier The Demon Mother's Mask so that he can start a clutch with his dinosaur mount magical realm stuff?

Kinda.

chaotic anything is trash

>Skill replacement maneuvers are bad
No, they're not.

>B-b-b-b-but Lawful can't be edgy

It most definitely is.

More importantly, how or why did that come up?

You can claim to worship whatever god you fucking want, but you're still LG and not receiving any actual benefits from said god.

Lawful represents the businessman that sold the world to Wall Street. Lawful represents the boring, hateful white man that lives out in the boondocks of North Carolina, fearing anything that isn't exactly like them. Lawful represents boring mom and dad who won't let you go out with friends and experience life on Friday nights.

What is Chaotic? Chaotic is adventure, it's the youth that refuse to bend before tyranny. It is the spunk that keeps the world spinning. Chaos is progress, it is the grand adventure in those beautiful thing we call life.

So don't you EVER try to suggest Chaotic is trash, Chaos is everything you want to be in life, Lawful is the little death that brings about total oblivion.

Or they could have just been "use your full attack" instead of adding on bunches of dice.

Don't even listen to that guy, user. He's probably the same fag who was crying about martials getting nice things from Fool's Errand, despite casters having the same options for nearly a decade now.

(you)

Then they're 100% better than full attacking, and that was never the point. Maneuvers are to allow mobility and give some neat utility. NOT to make every initiator into pouncing murderbeasts.

Why do you think they're good?

Except that is also true. Primal Fury pisses damage.

>devoting oneself to Axis or the Maelstrom
>not serving the interests of Abbadon

>Lawful represents boring mom and dad who won't let you go out with friends and experience life on Friday nights.

JJ at least put on a trip when posting

I'll have to do it in a fade to black then. It came up because I want to play the half-geniekin half T-Rex deformed offspring of my current character.
It would also help tie into the wierd 'are they actually fucking or not?' thing he's got going on with her.

>Abbadon
Yeah, you tell 'em, we-

Wait a second, these aren't the four horsemen I asked for...

Primal Fury is also on the block to get some pretty significant nerfs.

Remember that when DSP was but a wee babe and a total of like three dudes, they were doing the best with what they could. It's hard to say they were anywhere near as experienced at building shit that doesn't have loopholes everywhere as they are now. They likely tossed in some shit based on ToB maneuvers and called it day.

I love Errant and both Freedom/Pirate Boss, but they've come a LONG way since PoW first released. What PoW is SUPPOSED to be and what is actually is are two different things.

That's one of my complaints. They release new content while not fixing their broken content. They are far more concerned with trying out their "big new thing" and not with making their current things work.

Kek. This post is gold

Don't you have homework to do?

Except they're working on errata right now. You are literally flailing your arms and crying that they're not working on fixing shit WHILE THEY'RE FIXING SHIT.

And beyond that, 3pp companies can't afford to rest on their laurels. Gareth and Elric have both expressed how the company needs to keep printing books or DSP goes belly up. Then we don't get fucking anything.

Honestly, everything you've complained about so far seems super unimportant. Holy shit, the defensive support character is actually good at defending and supporting his group? STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.

Really, it was when you were complaining about the Mystic that I started disregarding your opinions entirely. It's like you never even heard of the Crusader!

SUCH A LUST

FOR REVENGE

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Except they're working on errata right now. You are literally flailing your arms and crying that they're not working on fixing shit WHILE THEY'RE FIXING SHIT.
They have been claiming this for now over a year. It has been "on their back burner" since late 2014.

>It's like you never even heard of the Crusader!
Hearing of something and liking their mechanics are two entirely different things.

>Honestly, everything you've complained about so far seems super unimportant. Holy shit, the defensive support character is actually good at defending and supporting his group?
Being good at something is not what I dislike. Being better at it than anyone else in the game by a relatively wide margin is what I dislike.

Honestly why are you mad? You seem to be the one who is getting your panties in a twist over this.

My party used a Vulnudaemon to lure a bunch of those underdark humanoids into a mass sacrifice to unleash the Jabberwock and the rest of it's compatriots. She was cool.

RIP little dude you tried your best against that Kraken.

>What is Chaotic? Chaotic is adventure, it's the youth that refuse to bend before tyranny. It is the spunk that keeps the world spinning. Chaos is progress, it is the grand adventure in those beautiful thing we call life.

Jesus fucking Christ this reads like a butthurt 15 year old in the 90s.