Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ESpf5Dk1
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/beaming
youtube.com/watch?v=PdHX6WAfG9A&t=16m50s
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Vernal_Carpentry_Court
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We're only on page 7 you baka.

Is the harbinger the ONLY tier 3 class with no daily abilities at all?

Why does the harbinger have a Charisma-based SLA (Magic Aura, allows save) on an Intelligence-based class?

> Why does the harbinger have a Charisma-based SLA (Magic Aura, allows save) on an Intelligence-based class?

Because it's a goddamn filler ability and I couldn't be assed to make an exception to the normal SLA rules.

Next question.

So, I created some homebrew, an archetype for the Brawler, but I want to get your opinions /pfg/. Mind taking a look?

pastebin.com/ESpf5Dk1

Is it too powerful? Too weak? Any other comments of note?

>I couldn't be assed to make an exception to the normal SLA rules.
But you did that anyway in Bloodforge.

Yeah. I said I couldn't be assed, not that it shouldn't be done. The SLAs in Bloodforge also had a vastly different role. Sorcerous Deception is quite literally there to fill in a line on the table because I was told "no dead levels". It's a ribbon.

Read the text.
There's no save unless they cast identify on it.

So a low save DC /only if they use a specific spell/ is a far cry from crippling it as an at-will ability.

Would a constant Undetectable Alignment work as a replacement ability in houserules, or in an archetype?

>Next question.

If I took the Beaming enchantment using Personalized Trick trait, could I potentially have 50(d8) orbs of searing light surrounding on my character?

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/beaming

I want to be a beamspamming mahou shoujo!

Why can't I hold all these maneuvers?

Quick gut check says Undetectable Alignment might be more useful but I honestly don't know. With how item-dependant humanoids in general are, giving a false impression of your shit is also pretty handy, so...

I guess? But don't take it as gospel.

Why not just make the Magic Aura Int-based?

Repostan from other thread

>or various dojos/sword styles are starkly different. Ie. having techniques or abilities specifically kept as clan secrets.

youtube.com/watch?v=PdHX6WAfG9A&t=16m50s

Two men of the Kogan style of swordsmanship are sent to kill the heirs of Funaki style swordsmanship, to determine who will become heir to the sword style and marry their sensei's daughter.

The Funaki style specializes in 'helmet splitting' (eg an extreme school bonus to sunder) so they cannot block their opponents otherwise their sword would be cut through.

Kogan style specializes in a swing that ends up gripping the sword with only the thumb and first two fingers which basically amounts to a small initiative / range boost.

Their respective masters fucking hate each other (having been ordered to duel before their lord once). The Kogan style won, chopping off the jaw of the Funaki sensei, however the lord was displeased and mutilated the Kogan sensei in some form, which has caused him to hate the funaki man.

Funaki has only warned his heir's "If a kogan man ever raises his sword above his shoulder, beware".

the manga of shigurui is much better than the show.

>Sexually Harassing the Casters Edition

Don't mind if I do.
Everyone ready for KonoSuba Victim Girls and Megumin as109 doujins?

Because they don't need it.
It usually gives no save.

Enemies having difficulty seeing through your Magic Auras is in no way fundamental to how the class works.

Just seems weird for it to be Cha-based (so basically, they make the save) if they think to use Identify.

>ribbon

>Edge Lord archetype trades it in for 2 bonus feats

Herp herp herp.

I recognize that manga. It was rather fun.

Holy shit, this is absolutely how you fluff power attack & improved sunder & greater sunder vs improved initiative & lunge & vital strike as school oriented feats.

A ribbon, but a useful ribbon.

Meanwhile, the feats it gives you
>Mixed Combat
Feat tax to even use one of your main disciplines properly
>Weapon Focus
Do you seriously think this is a huge benefit, when Edge Lord loses the ability to get half int to hit?

I'm not saying it's a perfectly even trade, but it doesn't raise any eyebrows.

How do I fluff something like Fear Eating Technique without making myself look like a creepy devil worshiper?

Gareth, would you be delving more into the Tuatha/Irish/Celtic myths for more Pathfinder material like new classes and what-not?

Once I get back into the swing of Lords of the Mists, yes. I...kinda hit a low point in my life right after starting that playtest and dropped the ball on it. I need to get the reworks in on Rose Enforcer and prod Bean Sidhe more...

Hey man, do what you need to do. No pressure!

We'll always be here to say inappropriate things to you!

Plz make feat that allows for dual wieldan of 'long' spear(6ft) and shortspear(4ft) for martial.

I want to be the diarmuid ua duibhe

But no really it was an actual style used sometimes for dueling and it was awesome. Attacks of opportunity hooooooooooooo

Blaster Armorist.

It's the Twin Thunder Stance from Piercing Thunder from the Path of War: Expanded book.

Lords of the Mists is focused more on celtic interpretation of fae like the Seelie Courts, right?

Any plans on extending your research to other fairies from other folklore like Russian, Japanese (Yossei, Zashiki Warashi), Chinese, African, Philippine, etc?

>According to Paizo Dhampir adult age is about 20
>'trained' age is about 10d6
are they just really stupid and learn slowly or something?

Only problem - it becomes inactive if I ever choose to use a different stance, which is shit.

>I want to be the diarmuid ua duibhe
Easy, just take -10 to HP

Twin Thunder Stance Zwei Sent.

It's how I'd Diarmuid.

IIRC they don't have a 'maximum age' or die of old age so they can probably just take their sweet fucking time doing anything.

They aren't, but Paizo are.

It's a pretty good stance for TWF. If you need to take another stance, just drop the shortspear. You can kick it back into your hands as a free action when you go back into TTS.

Slavic myth book when? I want my Rusalka.

PLUS 10d6, I add. And it says they're middle aged at 35 and venerable at 70. Do they just age to an old shit, then just live another 300 or so years?

Wouldn't it make sense for any race that matures in about the same amount of time as humans to have roughly the same amount of 'training' time? It's not as if elves can just sit around doing nothing for 100 years with nothing bad happening, considering all the spooky shit that happens on Golarion

Yeah, seems like a pretty glaring inconsistency

>Not rolling Scathach

>It's a pretty good stance for TWF. If you need to take another stance, just drop the shortspear. You can kick it back into your hands as a free action when you go back into TTS.

... you do have a point I guess. what type of check would you need for that?

>Wouldn't it make sense for any race that matures in about the same amount of time as humans to have roughly the same amount of 'training' time? It's not as if elves can just sit around doing nothing for 100 years with nothing bad happening, considering all the spooky shit that happens on Golarion

Basically just imagine how long it would take to get anything done if you decided to take 20 on *everything*. That's what it's like to be a dhampir during training.

Dropping a weapon is a free action. Retrieving a dropped weapon is a free action if you're in either a Tempest Gale or Piercing Thunder stance. No check, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't even provoke AoOs. Go Zwei Sent so you're encouraged to two-hand your longspear anyway.

That doesn't make sense though, so they just learn slower? What if they're trying to fit into human society, or are enrolled within a unit? Do they gain experience at a much lesser rate? It's silly unless you account for those things, and it isn't

>Sexually Harassing the Casters Edition
Here's some Lewd Clerics

>Slavic myth book when?
Koschei the Deathless would be an excellent BBEG

A bastion of iron will, the mere sight of the fear in your opponents eyes is enough to tell you that victory is, just, within reach.

>TFW my players are so shit, I actively don't want them to try and waifu any NPCs because it will be painful to roleplay

Someone save me.

>get jabbed through the chest
>large gaping wound you can see behind me through
>just closes up from the sight of enemies shitting their pants
I like it

>Koschei the Deathless runs into Baba Yaga

What happens /pfg/?

We know what happens. She tears out his mortality and turns him into a demon lord for shits and giggles.

Didn't Baba Yaga fuck him up several times with ease

>Koschei the Deathless would be an excellent BBEG
Not really. He's your archetypical lich. His phylactery is a needle, hidden in an egg, hidden in a bird, hidden in a hare, hidden in a ram, hidden in a chest, hidden on an island, hidden within his secret demiplane.

>they just learn slower?

No. Instead of doing something and saying 'good enough' (ie rolling) they go "I have all the time in the world, I'm going to make sure I get this perfect" and take 20 - on almost every action.

>What if they're trying to fit into human society, or are enrolled within a unit? Do they gain experience at a much lesser rate? It's silly unless you account for those things, and it isn't
>It's silly unless you account for those things, and it isn't

Welcome to D&D, enjoy their stay.

Races which don't provide their own HD *must have a class level* to 'be' - you may be a half-trained fighter, but you still have fighter 1. I certainly can't find any rules about 0th level characters, so lets just say it's the process of switching from commoner 1 to [class] 1

To make an abstraction the 'average age' is where they decide to become an adventurer.

enjoy your* stay.

Tired.

>Retrieving a dropped weapon is a free action if you're in either a Tempest Gale or Piercing Thunder stance.

Where the hell is that ruling at because I've never seen it.

Doesn't that seem a bit ugh stereotypical or something to have? I mean surely not all of them would be like that. And wouldn't the whole taking 20 thing not really make sense if, say it's an elf and they're in an area where they don't have time to muck about all day?
I can't fucking stand these inconsistencies. Just have all the fuckers train the same speed if they've the same intelligence and call it a day
And even then, a long lived race taking 20 on everything, wouldn't they be a better fighter or whatever, assuming equal-ish level, since they've trained a lot more? Or are the long lived races just shit at training?

Short lived races are better at learning new things, Drastically better when you factor in gnomish and human ingenuity.

Longer Lived races tend to be OCD to the point where they have to learn things in a particular step by step manner to get anywhere, and more often then not, all they learn is the steps to do the thing instead of the reasoning behind the steps.

Special note at the beginning of longtext for each of those disciplines.

PoWE pg 128 and 157

What if they're raised by humans though?
And to get back to the start of this, why do sources say their adulthood is at different ages? I see one at 20, the other at 110

Ignoring injuries by the sheer power of not giving a fuck, The fact that this causes your opponents to shit their pants is a side effect.

Campaign based on darkest dungeon how and when?

You got a fucking town. Get some fucking adventurers and go crawl in the fucking depths full of fuck. If somehow you don't die, go back to town, heal, level up, and dig fucking deeper.

>Different ages
Because Paizo is retarded and retconned them, and missed a bunch of shit. They changed it from the original starting age, without changing the training times, so they have human-like age categories, but much larger starting ages.

Now with fucking images

Elves grow at a slightly slower rate than humans, but aren't considered "adults" until around a century. The concept of adulthood is a cultural thing.

Keep in mind the Baldur's Gate protagonist is in his early 20s regardless of his race.

D&D 4e with a sanity rule. Perhaps with a stripped-down version of 13th Age's movement rules.

So I don't have the book "Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Hordes" Anyone with it: I am looking for an image of the Warcat, and would be very happy if I could see what it looked like for a reference point, even a Cellphone-Camera Pic of the book would do.

Thank you for your time.

I imagine it'll get boring quickly

sound like Emerald Spire

This thing..?

Hey, /pfg/, there's another campaign on the horizon. It's a Rise of the Runelords campaign, and it's one of those Pathfinder Society-rules kinds of campaigns at that. I'm not here for build advice, though-- I'm pretty settled with the mechanics and all that. Half-elf Bramble Brewer/Chirurgeon Alchemist, not the best of builds, but I'm happy enough to be playing support.

Problem is, I've been having trouble deciding on a name. I'd like it to be evocative of her craft and race, something easy to remember, and perhaps something that also rolls off the tongue well (or has a nickname version that does the same).

With a focus on flora and healing, I'm thinking something like an herb or spice? I can imagine an elven parent would name their child something plant-like, like Mint or Jasmine. Rose is a little too common for my taste. It's nothing crucial or urgent, but I thought a couple of you would want to weigh in on the decision. Any suggestions?

Lavender?

Calandrinia?

That'd be it, thank you very much, kind user

Kudzu

>Cinnamon
>Hazel
>Pepper
>Paprika
>Anise
>Ginger
>Sage
>Juniper
>Lavender
>Maple
>Marjoram
>Rosemary
>Piri
>Saffron
Personally I would say go for Hazel, Saffron, or Anise.

Sequoia

Adding onto because elven names get complicated so it seemed fitting.

Kudzu (translation: "Arrowroot") Pueraria, of the House Fabaceae, and the Faboideae family. And yes, you have to say the whole thing when your elven dad is around or he'll get insulted.

>Half-Elf
>Raised by Elves
>Will be nearly dead before recognized as an adult
>Not being raised by superior humans.
Never trust an elf to raise your children remember you were just a passing fling to them.

One thing I'm trying to work out is why NPC's don't gain XP for skill challenges. Think about it; if the DM grants a small amount of XP for non combat encounters, why shouldn't the NPC's get it from day to day life?

One option I've thought about is that anyone gains XP up to level 3, but beyond that point the rate is infinitesimal unless you have a small amount of a divine spark (the PC's), or are being trained (soldiers, etc). One of the villains in my setting thus has it as his endgame to bestow this divine spark upon everyone in the world - this would lead to anarchy as people have their natural limits unlocked and have less of a need for protection by the government. They also are more able to challenge the individuals enforcing the law.

Thoughts? I'm trying to come up with ideas for villains who have aims that will help people in some ways, but ultimately lead to arguably negative consequences.

Simply put, they sort of already do that. It's the main reason why there are NPCs above first level in the first place. It's just that, because the campaign spotlight isn't on them like it is on the PCs, their level is determined by whatever the GM thinks is appropriate given their real-world experience, instead of by how much XP they've mechanically gained. That's why Commoner is a class, with class levels, instead of an entry in the bestiary.

Old farmers who have been working on their craft all their lives aren't supposed to be level 1.

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Vernal_Carpentry_Court

Can somebody elucidate what the fuck kind of holiday this is? It goes on for 15 whole days? What the is a carpentry court, and why does Andoran care? Why is the spring part important enough to merit mention in the holiday's name?

Nevermind, the vernal part is to differentiate it from the autumnal one. Which just raises the question, "why are there TWO of these?"

Which just raises the question of why you would have two of these.

No, we can't really elucidate, because it's a single bullet point in the wildly-outdated Campaign Setting book. It's not in either of the actual Andoran books, so I'm guessing it doesn't really exist anymore.

If it did exist, though, I can pretty well guess it would be the day set aside for Andoran's lumber industry to negotiate with the oodles of local fey. Said lumber industry was converted into an LE antagonistic force later on, which is probably why they dropped the reference.

baba yaga can fuck anybody up
she is canonically stronger than some gods

Wat

He's not joking. Literally the only reason Baba Yaga isn't already a deity is because she didn't care enough to ignite her divine spark, or to deal with the worship that'd obviously follow.

What kind of weapon can I added to my Construct Mount? Can my Construct Horse reload a crossbow? a bow? a cannon??

May sound good in theory but horror and fear and stress just can't translate well, hell the actual game doesn't do good job of it either.

Then again I think it could kinda work if you run one of those old school tomb of horrors game a high death rate. Like players should have like 4 characters at a time because of high fast they die, get afflicted, and bad quirks.

But gods in pf are beyond stats

They are only beyond stats to dissuade people from building builds that can kill them.
One of the big problems with 3.5 deities was once they were stated people found ways to kill them reliably.

Well, correction, she can fuck up demigods.

The standard progression is that CR 25 is the highest attainable by mortals (level 20 with 10 mythic ranks), following which you have to transition to a CR 25+ unique outsider, which is demigod tier. CR 30 caps out the demigods, and those who have reached that level (like Nocticula, Pazuzu, and Cernunnos) are ready for full ascension and need only acquire a portfolio. That's confirmed as the path Aroden took, by the way.

But Baba Yaga said fuck all that, and after achieving CR as a human witch, just kept on accumulating powers and abilities without ever becoming an outsider. She adds Charisma to everything like a paladin/ghost hybrid, she has unstoppable regeneration powered by her artifact familiar hut, she's immune to fucking everything as an Ex ability...

And she's still human despite all that. The most type change she's gone through is acquiring mythic as a subtype, which makes her the only officially Mythic Human in existence (in the same sense that Tar-Baphon is a Mythic Lich, as opposed to Arazni being a lich with mythic ranks).

Yeah, this is why I feel they shouldn't have filled the Bestiary 4 with eldritch critters, and why Strange Aeons apparently being a combat heavy campaign irks me mightily.

You know that Kostchtchie is already a thing, right?

Yeah but at least most the big eldritch critters are beyond being able to be killed, sure you can 'kill it' but it doesn't actually kill it at most it puts it out of action for like a year, really similar to how the tarrassque is.

>class tiers
Oh god the Pathfinder community is like fractal autism, every time I look closer there's just more and more of it with no end in sight.

Fuck that's autistic

>Recognizing that this game is fundamentally broken and imbalanced is autistic

>playing tabletop games and posting on Veeky Forums is autistic

Can't argue with that

As per craft construct rules, you can equip crossbows, cannons, siege weapons, indirect fire weapons, and firearms to your construct mount.

But you're gonna have to spend several thousands of gold slapping the 'force ammunition' or 'endless ammunition' weapon enchantments to them because your constructs can't reload by themselves. (unless you upgraded them with additional arms.)

As for siege weapons, you can either dip into Siege Mage so you can reload them telekinetically. OR use your craft construct feat to build yourself a group of 2HD medium sized clockwork servants to serve as a cheap loading crew.

That's what I did.
I got myself a T-Rex construct with DM's permission
Slapped Ballistae, Cannons and upgraded the T-Rex's jaws to hurt like an absolute motherfucker (If you can Vital Strike with his Jaws, you can also Vital Strike with its Siege Weapons by the way - very recommended)
I bought a wagon, upgraded it, enchanted it with the Ironwood spell and armored it until it was a fucking tank, outfitted 2 mortars on the roof (one launched smoke to help with escaping, the other launched my bombs)
I also upgraded the wagon's interiors - it had a smithy, wizard's workshop, alchemists' lab, a tiny kitchen and still had room for a party of 5
Finally I built 4 mechanical servants to perform maintenance of the wagon, reloaded my mortars, reloaded the T-Rex's weapons, repaired mundane damaged objects, scouted enemy locations, acted as couriers and suicide bombers and generally just handy little minions.

So yes, I had a Metal Gear Rex pulling around an Artillery Tank manned by robots.

Think big, user.

REMEMBER LADS.

CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL BECAUSE SUITS ARE EVIL, YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO MAKE ME WEAR ONE, MOM!