whats your first move Veeky Forums
whats your strategy?

X center square like a boss

kill the foreigner and play a proper american game of tic-tac-toe

I activate my trap card

start in corner, try to flank around enemy

get priest to sing WOLOLO as to convert all his X's to O's

>Knots and Crosses

Where do you come from that your people have taken the English language and fucked it until it bleeds? The game is comprised of literally three things: The game board, which a bunch of shitty lines, one of these - X - which is a cross, and one of these - 0 - which isn't a knot at all. It'd be a pretty shitty one if it was, as it'd be looser than your mum's vagina. It's called a NOUGHT, because it looks like a FUCKING ZERO

Anyway, my strategy is always to go in the middle first. If you can't do that, one of the corners. It gives you the most options.

I'm not sure why this game ever became popular; if you go first you should win every single time.

>literally no sense

The only winning move is to not play.

Tic-tac-toe is an incredibly static game. Don't be fooled into thinking you have "more options" because you placed your starting piece in the middle. The possible number of plays either player can make are incredibly finite and as long as neither player is a complete retard, it's practically impossible to not force a draw.

It's actually pretty easy to convert tic-tac-toe to a 3d, or even 4d space, turning the game into something with a hint of actual strategy. Assuming, of course, you can get an opponent who can actually visualize the game space rather than treating each layer of your cut-up representation of 3d space as individual game boards. I bet you could make a pretty intuitive 3d/4d tic-tac-toe game with vr.

Only if your opponent is a retard. Or if you're playing on pic related where going first is actually a guaranteed win.

Hey tg, spot the guaranteed win strategy on expanded board. You might find this marginally more engaging than shitposting about trap cards.

There are two or three basic strategies to win depending on if you start first or second.
It still is static as fuck.

>Implying it ever ends in anything but a tie
Do you play against actual retards?

It maybe your move OP but i've already won!

I tie some knots to secure the crosses.

I used to be an expert at this game, but forgot all the secret strategies :(

put a triangle on the bottom row

>the secret strategies
It's a solved game. You can figure out the "strategies" with ease and always force a draw.

I'm going to guess middle right.

Couple test plays check out.

Castle!
>shitposting about trap cards.
oh come on, it's all in good fun, beside this thread is awfully dead for a Veeky Forums plays board games

Bottom line, the former corner.

If the opponent doesn't put a cross in the bottom line, you pick the second tile of the bottom line and win.

If he puts a cross in the first or last tile, then you pick again the second tile forcing him to cross out the fourth tile. By picking the center you win.

If he selects the second tile of the bottom line, you pick the center, forcing a move, and then the tile right of the center for the win.

Huh, whole two auto-win strategies.
Any more?

In America, its called Tic-tac-toe
In [Not America] its called Knots and Crosses

Not americans are foreigners to americans

Perfect sense

>knots
It's noughts. I fucking live in Texas and I know that. Get your shit together, OP.