Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Thursday Night First Captian Smackdown Edition
What's your dudes' names? Sub-Edition
Last time on the Horus Heresy General there was not as many bear puns as I expected and I tried my hand at writefaggotry about the Bearversor, we were asked which side we would pick, we talked about titles for marines and the names of our dudes and how we name them a little, there was discussion on how we'd make new Rites of War, an user asked about which legions were unlikely to betray, there was talk on what some of the Primarchs had since Dorn has his aquilas, music was posted for theme songs for the legions, and more in the old thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albia,_Iowa
lmgtfy.com/?q=leman russ model wip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Alexis Polux was a badass. He wasn't the strongest or toughest - in his initiation it's pretty clear he was weaker than his brother - and he wasn't some alpharius-level mastermind. He wasn't an incredibly skilled duellist. He wasn't even supposed to be in command, and had uncertainties about the best path forward.

But, when the chips were seriously down, he did the job that was in front of him, and he did it damn well.

>and he wasn't some alpharius-level mastermind
I don't know about that, fists were outnumbered 3:1 or something at Phall and they would've won if the message hadn't gotten through

The art is good but there is too many characters with western Aryan features.

Is there any characters with middle eastern or African features done in this style? Ahriman is Iranian, right? Is there art of him without a helmet?

Khan is Ming the Merciless. And his men have very Asian helmets.

That's because most of the legions recruited from future Britain, along with wherever else they recruited from on Terra

>Ahriman is Iranian, right? Is there art of him without a helmet
Yes but no. We'll have to wait and see what happens when his art happens.

In novel "Ahriman : Unchanged", Arhiman and his biological brother hail from something called Achmadian empire (or something like that) on Terra.

It sounded very middle eastern.

Nigga please, they all recruited from Albania.

Because if you're looking for recruits that will go out of there way to genocide a galaxy just for being different, you want Albanians. They also fortify harder than Dorn.

>implying the emperor would let non-whites into his legions
good joke

He and his brother were from modern Iran.
The IWs and IHs didn't.

Wait I was wrong. The Hands did recruit Albanians, but they did also recruit Texans and Italians.

>and Italians
Why?

>He wasn't the strongest or toughest
He was a big guy, even Marine standards.
inb4 Perturabo was a hothead.

Because the Emperor was curious on how it would turn out.

the fire rises, brother

There are no Italians on the internet.

Why does he wear the mask?

that's just like your opinion man.

Why are we treating this like it's definitive? Some of these are such massive stretches. And Albion has ALWAYS referred to Britain.
That's Serbians and Croatians. The Albanians are usually the ones getting genocided

>Why are we treating this like it's definitive?
Because you lack the requisite autism to make your own chart and continually post it until it becomes accepted.

>That's Serbians and Croatians. The Albanians are usually the ones getting genocided
The first part is true, but I'll contend the second, the Shqips have some fight in them, they just never got the chance throughout history.
Post- Serbs and Croats probably got recruited into Night Lords and World Eaters.

>The Hands did recruit Albanians
They recruited from Albion, read: Britain you retard. Someone really needs to edit out that fucking Albanian flag.

Dude it's neither Britain or Albania. There isn't enough population or geographical area in either of those to support the many supposed forces within old Albia.

It's obviously Australia.

>isn't enough population or geographical area

30k Terra is a hive world, and there are no seas. So there's both the population and the geographical area.

For you

Imperial Fists, pride of the Legion list. Two big Fearless cc blobs lead by soggy and the Chaplain with apothecaries. Terminators ds close to the nearest threat. Shooty tac squad sits at thr back protecting the rapiers and dread. Templars fuck shit up. Designed for use as a Scouring Black Templars force. Lots of black and yellow, with mixed marks of armour. Criticism please guys.
2500pts - Pride of the Legion
HQ 360pts
Sigismund 230pts

Chaplain, Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Thunder Hammer 130pts

Troops 1815pts
Tactical Squad, Combi-Weapon, Melta Bombs 265pts

Tactical Squad, Artificer Armour, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, CCWs 275pts

Tactical Squad, Artificer Armour, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, CCWs 275pts

Cataphractii Terminator Squad, x3 Chain Fist, Teleporter Transponder 220pts

Templar Brethren, Rhino, Combat Shield, 340pts

Elites 325pts
Apothecary, Augury Scanner. Apothecary, Power Sword. Apothecary, Power Sword 160pts
Rapier Battery, x3 Laser Destroyer 165pts

Heavy Support 220pts
Deredeo, Aiolos Launcher 220pts

My points are off. There should be an extra Terminator Squad and the total for Troops is 1595. I may find some points for extra Chainfists and votes.

>but there is too many characters with western features
Not really.

You're all wrong. The legions obviously recruited from the one true Albia, a 3k people Iowa town which will become a mighty hive city in the future :^)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albia,_Iowa

Good point and good eyes!

>28,150 years
>Old
Oh, you Americans.

Do you guys name your Praetors' weapons? I want to name my Dangle Praetor's Infernus Pistol Love Potion #9.

Sort of

Thread theme:
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

>dangle
>infernus pistol

wat

Seems kinda squishy to me. Those apothecaries won't always be able to save you

>Just one inferno pistol
>Not take a praetor with dual inferno pistols and two moritats with dual inferno pistols and sticking them in a destroyer squad with more inferno pistols.
Unit could probably oneshot a reaver titan with all the melta they would put out.

Yes!
>Praetor's paragon blade (mace)
"Please Reconsider"
>Librarian's scythe
"Virulence"
>And my artillery battery responsible for 3 warlord kills
"The One You Don't Hear", "Tinnitus", and "A Mortar Named Slickback"

What's wrong with that now?
Because Praetor Lafayette is a man who wants to swing a sword and use an Infernus Pistol that isn't happening. Hopefully it won't end up like Love Potion #6-8.
I like A Mortar Named Slickback.

WE

My Alpha Legion Praetor wields the Sword of Sorrows, a potent blade of obviously human manufacture but of unknown and darkly rumored provenance.

My Dark Angels Praetor wields Sableclaw a masterfully crafted sword taken as a trophy during the conquest of Terra. It's also completely not related to a land speeder in any manner at all whatsoever.

MECHANICUM RIP AND TEAR CYBORGS WHEN!?

MECHA-BEARVERSOR!

Ursarax
Ursa is latin for bear :^)

Holy shit I love that helmet, it's so 80s

So I was reading a passage on 1D4chan that says the World Eaters may have been coloured white and blue to help avoid friendly fire during all that rage, what with white and blue being somewhat calming colours. Is this supported by any lore? It's an interesting idea I think.

Would a Deathshroud heavy list with no transports be better in Tartaros or Cataphractii armor? They will have artillery support

Well, blue & white are indeed calming colors. Never seen it on the fluff, but it would make sense. Kinda. Sorta

75 power armoured bodies and 10 terminators is squishy?

>Calming colours
I like this idea.
>World Eater stormbirds are arranged with bad feng shui for assaults, to enrage the marines. The interiors are rearranged into a serene feng shui design to relax them from their crazed state after the battle.

CLEAVE AND SMITE FOR THE MACHINE GOD!

You should list unit sizes on your lists.

Dangle = Dark Angel and DA praetors cannot take infernus pistols. I assume you meant Bangle though.

Dblood Angels. The D is silent.

>World Eater stormbirds are arranged with bad feng shui for assaults, to enrage the marines. The interiors are rearranged into a serene feng shui design to relax them from their crazed state after the battle.

This is now cannon.

Well I guess Love Potion #9's a hand flamer now.

Aren't those BA only too? Maybe use a Volkite Serpenta.

Raven Guard players/Alpha Legion players masquerading as XIXth Legion players, what are your favourite loadouts for Mor Deythan?

Cataphract I would guess. I imagine you plan to use them as an anchor so they would have more benefit from being sturdy.

Without playing either Legion I can safely say they are only worth their points with combi-flamers. And even then some would argue.

If it's more about cool factor, decide for yourself.

Nigga hand flamers are Bangles only too did you even read the rules

Combi-plasma, Mor Deythan are basically better seekers, so definitely worth taking the plasmas on them

My praetors thunder hammer is slap and his paragon blade is tickle. Together they form slap and tickle. I am not a mature person.

Combi-Flamers every single time, no excuses.

> Be Mor Deythan
> Have a Rhino and 5 Combi-Flamers

> Infiltrate 18" away
> Scout 12"
> Go first because Decapitation Strike or Recon are literally every army you'll ever play
> Drive 6"
> Disembark 6"
You are now inside the enemy
> Literally
> Place 5 Shrending Flamer templates wherever you want, from any direction, at the enemies most clustered point
> All for 205pts

Fun fact; a unit of 5, assuming 5 hits per model, will kill ~10 MEQs. I'd also consider 5 hits to be a low estimate, and remind that a lot of those wounds are AP2 for Terminating.

Can someone reccommend a good 30k channel on youtube?

The Mwg segments for 30k are pretty decent, but they tend to use the same units over and over with pretty much the same results, and the posts are infrequent (if you subscribe and i am wrong, then i apologize)

I watched the 2240k australia for a while, but they tend to go over the rails sometimes, which is cool to me, but they it often derails. hard.

still, thanks if you read this and have a tip.

mwg is shit for 30k, none of them know the rules, or bother to learn them even when they get called out on that shit

Glorious.

Ash Barker over at guerilla miniature games has great stuff. He falls into the same unit thing somewhat however. He did just start a 3 game campaign, and the second game is my favorite battle report period, for what it's worth

>will kill ~10 MEQs
>Spend 205 points
>To kill 100 points worth of models
Even with rending you aren't killing that many more, especially since FnP is a thing.

So tg, how would you run a scene/ encounter were the PC are tortured and interogated? How would I make them care that its happening.

No it's Britain just some dumbshit Slavs have made it an Internet meme that it's Albania - or it's because they don't understand English or anything expect their vodka nigger grunting

sorry guys i meant to put that in something else

pain gauntlet

Pretty sure you're in the wrong thread there friendo.

oops

Hey you

sure is, i'll make sure to check it out next time i wanna look at something when i commute.

thanks!

so it's like their 40k but worse?

dunno, but i might be a sperg when i rage at the fact that a dude shoved 8 pieces of T5 3W 4A into a dark eldar raider without caring that they are very bulky. It affected the outcome, hence my spergyness.

any other channeöls worth checking out?

Torture them for real

when Sanguinus

time

Why are they only BA? Aren't the Dark Angels the ones who test the new stuff out?

I don't know about a pure 30k channel. Geeks40kchannel has some 30k vids.

Make them read the Horus Heresy series.
After Leman gets his. The WIP for it has been seen.

Requesting a drawfag get to work on this.

I don't like mwg that much anymore; after they closed the shop they push quantity, not quality.
First I was excited about 30k but their armies are repetetive and I am missing the banter and the fun. And there are waay to much talk videos. Also every dude working there looks and sounds like the king of nerds (in a bad way). I don't like it. They should visit the barber and throw away the nerdy T-shirts. Liek nao.
And this talking about the vault.... moan.

No, Dark Angels are the one who never gave the old stuff back.

Well now I'll just go with Volkite Serpenta.

Hand flamers and inferno pistols aren't new tech being tested

>tfw in the far future Albania is suddenly relevant

Where?

Soeaking of the Dark Angels I'm surprised they aren't using the Martian death rays in 40k. Will FW explain about that in a future book, or do the Angels not want to risk the death rays getting lost or destroyed?

FUCK THE FURRIES, BISHIE ANGELS NAO

lmgtfy.com/?q=leman russ model wip

'Ere you go.
Patience, Brother. Forge World gave us the gift of the gun so we may purify the galaxy, but Papa Sang may take some time to make.

>Aren't the Dark Angels the ones who test the new stuff out?
no, the DA are the ones who hoarded old shit

BA are the ones who tested out new shit

>russ and magnus will get models before dorn and alphy

Its like im stuck on the pain glove.

guessing they are having issues making dorn into an interesting mini

Painting a Knight in clean, glossy white armor plates. No idea what accent color to use to break up the wall of white, except stealing the menoth scheme. any ideas?