Space Hulk Deathwing Gameplay Trailer

It's legs are OK. We must all gain brouzouf and make ready for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kub5vOaT0V8

It is true the Dark Angels have laid low their own Primarch, yet they are not the Traitors.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FxB7Xl2r3aY
youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU
youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3XeHpsis
youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>game based on TT IP isn't relevant to Veeky Forums

Get a load of this Jian heretic.

Focus Interactive are doing a pretty good job.

I wish the chapter was interchangeable, but I'm still super hype and happy I have a decent rig to run this at maximum pretty settings.

Fucking HAPPENING!

I am beyond hyp for this. As said, interchangeable chapters would be nice but I'm happy to let that slide in favour of good gameplay.

I was going to post it.

GET HYPE BOYS!

I really hope they up the RoF on the Assault cannon to more BRRRT and less Rat-tat-tat-tat.

Do I understand it correctly? You are playing as librarian? That's pretty stupid. I mean sergeant or just normal battle brother would make more sense.

If they put in tyranids with rocket launchers, I hope that means there will be orks or chaos forces too.
but it's not in the trailer, maybe as a dlc then or late in the game

No, it makes total sense. It's going to be exactly like E.Y.E but with a 40k skin, so they need you to be able to use a PSI force equivalent.

They should focus on genestealers first. I'm perfectly fine with adding orks, chaos and different chapters in DLCs

I see they failed to get rid of one of hte most annoying trends in FPS games and still have your gear obscuring a third of your already limited field of view.
Hope it turns out decent otherwise.

Since orks and chaos were never in a boxed space hulk, I wouldn't cross your fingers on that one.

I always felt that playing as terminatior should feel very unwieldly with lots of hud and general slugginess.

I agree with .
Every account of marines vetting into Termie armor is that it's a bit overwhelming at first, as the systems are MUCH better than standard power armor. Add the better auto-sensesand the shared views with the squadmates, it's understandable that the HUD woukd be a clusterfuck of infos.
And Termies are rarelt seen wirh thzir weapons down, I lean even their models and art depictions has them with their arms outstretched and weapons at the ready.

>pauldrons
>not obscuring everything

Do you even 40k?

youtube.com/watch?v=FxB7Xl2r3aY

space hulk games best games

Neither were genestealer cultists/hybrids.

What gameplay differences could there be for other chapters, if and when they become playable?

Blood Angels should support a "bumrush" strategy; they move fast as fuck, but only get melee weapons.

>Neither were genestealer cultists/hybrids.

There are genestealer cults to spice it a little.

You are in a tactical dreadnought armour. A UI less crammed than a mecha game would feel insulting.
Futhermore, I would include the option for squad cameras to see what they see, as shown in the lore.

No that's space wolves. I think the chapter deciptions in SH: A were pretty ok.

Ultramarines shooty
Blood Angels jack of all trades
Space Wolves choppy
Imperial Fists defensive
Salamanders flamers
Dark Angels best of them all

Crimson Fists DLC with Ork enemies.

As far as lore/TT goes, you've got a lot of those pretty wrong.

Ultramarines jack of all trades
Blood Angels choppy
Space Wolves close-quarters shooty/choppy
Dark Angels shooty

The rest are basically irrelevant.

>What gameplay differences could there be for other chapters
why would there need to be gameplay differences

Just swap the paint. Terminators don't need gimmicks to be cool.

>Ultramarines jack of all trades
Ultramarines prefer "tactical" aproach and it makes sense to stay away from genestealers

>Blood Angels choppy
They are protagonists of original SH tabletop where they had pretty standard loadout

>Space Wolves close-quarters shooty/choppy
Agree on that. In Ascension they had option to take both choppy weapon with storm bolter

>Dark Angels shooty
Deathwing Knights and general terminator superiority

Better than making different chapters for DLC they should add other factions. Didn't tau have something akin to terminator armor?

>why would there need to be gameplay differences
Because the chapter should matter a bit, rather than being a coat of paint.

why

Terminators are terminators. They never needed to include any special black rage or curse of the wulfen rules in Space Hulk before. Shit's fun without the gimmicks.

Variety, replay value, personal choice for the player, tactical options.
All of which are valid reasons.

But those are all already present in space hulk, without layering on additional bullshit.

Dark Angels are teleporty with help from biker madmen in the lore/TT.

>I am the newest of fags

I really like that flamer.

>with a story by Gav Thorpe

Fucking hell. Not many names irritate me more as a DA player than Gav Thorpe. Cypher is a close second.

I bet you also get the vapors over plasma weaponry and long for the days Greenwing tacs had to pass a ld check to not shoot their bolters at nearby AV14 units like autists, fag.

>actually wanting content to be withheld so you can pay for it later
How far we have fallen.

Classic flamer's pretty charming. I've always been more partial to assault cannons, though.

It's a funny design as a way to simplify the terminator sprue. Every termie had a stormbolter and the heavy flamer bit simply clipped on over one.

His lore is mostly what's terrible. His DA books are just the worst.

I must admit,I never got all the hate for Thorpe's books. Apart from the time travel badly explained stuffbat the end of the serie, I thought his books were pretty good.

I'm all ears if someone is willing to explain though.

Agreed! Interchangeable chapters would have been great, but I'll settle for Deathwing. I do like the tan color they have.

Perhaps they'll let you choose chapters outside if the campaign, if there are multiplayer gamemodes?

The time travel bullshit was just bullshit of the highest degree that shouldn't ever be allowed. I dislike everything about cypher, at this point he is a Mary Sue with motives that don't even begin to make sense due to how conflicting everything he does is. It feels less like a muster and more like they forgot his original purpose. There is the fuckery with the Lion, including that one time he just up and killed a guy for doing his job.

If anything though. It has to be that he was so incapable of getting the point across in his books that it spawned an entire generation of 40k players who honestly believe the whole "Dark Angels are traitors" when he himself said that wasn't what he was trying to convey. He turned a chapter struggling for redemption into brutal, paranoid, and comically inept idiots that are literally just too stupid to save themselves.

> including that one time he just up and killed a guy for doing his job.

For disobeying a direct command from his Primarch and endangering the whole Legion, you mean.

EYE style co-op multiplayer, from the looks of it. Deathwing only.

Hoping for custom chapter schemes was always a pipe dream, though. It being a good game is more important.

>Comically inept

I'll admit I laughed when I read about TELEPORTING on a daemon world.

>be Chaplian
>one job from Emperor
>you gotta protect your chapter from the chaos man
>you gotta keep them from doing psychic stuff man
>Nikea man
>do it because I love my chapter
>and my Primarch
>Primarch tempted
>prepare to do my job
>got to tough love my Primarch
>get my fucking head punched off

Genestealers are actual focus of space hulk and don't deny it. Orks would only act as extra stuff. Consider it old timey style expansion pack.

Still the best warhammer cinematic trailer ever made.
youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU

Indeed.

Would be so much better without the vocals. Everything else about it is totally on point, though.

>localized damage
So, no "this 'stealer is trained to break your legs" or "my progenoids ar ok" edits yet?

Don't worry, he got stremon writers helping him, any terrible fluff will be so incomprehensible that it won't matter.
Which BL/GW author would you prefer, BTW? Mitchells is good if formulaic, Abnett is strangely hit or miss and really shine with mundane stuff opposed to a Space Hulk story, and any other 40K author didn't really impress me.

youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3XeHpsis

The music was a weird choice. I mean, the version with lyrics specifically.

>any terrible fluff will be so incomprehensible that it won't matter
I am perfectly OK with this.

Sorta, from the /v/ thread.

>Which BL/GW author would you prefer

Honestly. I don't know. I don't really like the books, some are alright but most of the time they suffer from the usual book tie-in problem.

Oh boy, I cannot wait for a clone of an already bad game with lots of clutter in the screen, slow nd cumbersome movement with tons of camera shaking, poor companion AI, full of rooms full of nothing and braindead enemies that charge at you. It's nice that they didn't learn a thing from what they have done, and so do their fans.

Weak m8.
Weak.

>youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM
>youtube.com/watch?v=M3w3XeHpsis
In grim grimness of the grim grimness there is only grim grimness.

I still cannot understand how people can like EYE, which this game is only gonna be a reskin with poorer controls. It's a Source mod you pay for, in the most literal way possible. Those genestealers behave exactly like the metastreumonic enemies in EYE, which is going in a straight line right into your guns. And those are the highlight of what you are gonna face for most of the game. This is far from how they are in the tabletop.

He didn't say anything about "withholding content". As far as we know, the things he listed don't exist and the maker's haven't probably even considered the possibility of taking this beyond the good old "Heavy armored super warriors vs. killy aliens that rape things".

>I still cannot understand how people can like EYE
>I literally cannot understand why, or how, people have fun

Okay Mr. Robot. EYE was fun because it was a mechanically good shooter with character, which made it well liked despite it being in need of a strong polish. It was the most fun I had with a shooter in years.

Also the video literally shows Genstealers retreating, and one moving around a fight to flank a guy.

Bolter doesn't have the proppa' punch.

Still, I'm hyped.

youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE

Weird yes, but not bad IMO. It does pop out a lot more from all the generic "epic" trailers we see in games and movies to some extent.

>A reskin.

Mate, try harder when baiting.
One was done on source,the other on UE4. That alonz changes EVERYTHING.
Then there's everything else, like more time, more money, more experience, proper established lore, better technology, not the same gameplay.

Why am I wasting time explaining something like that?

"Mechanically good" where? In the ridicolous amount of grinding required to make it seem fun to play? In the dumb stat system? In the terribly designed weapons? In the retarded enemy spawing and AI? In the worthless, pretentious plot that has the same coherence of a fanfiction written by a 14 year old who just watched GitS? Sven mod is a better game. And you don't have to pay for it.

Changing engine doesn't mean they actually got better at designing games. It just has more bells and whistles, and a bit of GW's good old half assed support.

Oh you played the game to give us that much insight? Do tell us more how one and the other are the same, I'll be glad to know.

Apparently, the Focus narrator is on the /v/ thread, if some of you want to ask him questions about the game. He did the trailers for battlefleet gothic armada, too.

Oh god, thanks for the laught, user.
>those comments, too.

True dat. Fire Warrior, for all its flaws, had excellent bolters.

Their first commercial game was a rethreading of their crappy GoldSrc mod, which had ugly UI, janky gameplay, and a multiplayer worth shit. And, unsurprisingly, it had the same problems. And for what little can be seen from those trailers, it seems they are not going off tracks. So why giving them credit.

Sweet, Imma go see if he's a cool guy.

Wasn't there a thread with people remaking that trailer with different music?

Save it, it's all yours friend

IN THE GOTTA GO FAST YOU DOUBLE NIGGER
Sven coop is a great game I give you that.

I didn't have high hopes for this because the initial shots looked plain and the trailer had shit music, but this video shows AMAZING design and detail. The weapons and armor and environments are more detailed than Space Marine and Dawn of War were. If Eternal Crusade wants to succeed it needs at least this level of detail to compete with modern generation AAA titles.

Game's gonna be good.

I like the fact that Streum On did litteraly the opposite of EC, going under the radar, saying jackshit for years, basically applying the doctrine of "it'll come out when ready" (a most valuable and rare doctrine nowadays), promised nothing, taking their time, and brought up everything we wanted.

>When will I be able to play as a storm trooper squad leader fighting kroots in a dim litted earth-caste lab?

With the right music and light it could be really terrifying.

>written by Gav Thorpe

Pls no

>Which BL/GW author would you prefer, BTW?
ADB
DDD
BDA

Rob Sanders and William King would be good choices too.

They went under the radar because their PR is only good for embarassment. And this is a studio that still is in search of a senior AI programmer. In a game where you are always followed by AI teammates. This is why they are delaying the shit out of it.