Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) 67 - Numbering It Right This Time Edition

ARCHIVE: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon Life Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46935063/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

You are Brianna la Croix. You're a necromancer by profession but, honestly, right now? You're gonna let that go for the moment.

Lora's warm, and safe, and you haven't cried in a very long time. Not since the mournstone in the Lichyard.

The feathery wings wrapped around you stretch out and snag John and Hatchet. The draug isn't quite sure what to do with himself, but Hatchet manages to put an arm around the outside of the hug.

Good enough. You let it all go.

I don't even follow this quest, but good on you for ignoring that shit hole /qst/ board. Hopefully the mods will grow some brains and delete it.

"It's alright," Lora murmurs, while you sob. "She does it to everyone. Gabrielle always did need to validate her bitterness."

You nod, wordlessly, head buried in her robes.

"Brianna, do you want out?"

A silent shake of your head. You couldn't put it into words now if you tried.

"I don't have much time. I need to claim the Diviner, and then we need to talk. Okay?"

You take a deep, shuddering breath, and nod. Lora steps back from the three of you and turns. The Diviner's ghost rises from her corpse, still enraged, still spitting in fury, and is dragged into the blade alongside the other three.

"The Jaw ended as winter's land on accident," Lora murmurs. "I hadn't realized at first where the tunnels I connected it to led. When I found out, it was a delight. It had wind and frost and water, and here, in my Dungeon, I had my own little slice of the north."

Lora turns to you. "I can undo the damage she's done. Rip the ice out of the lakes and pools and make this place suitable for life, but it will take time - a long time - for it to heal to what it was."

"Or?" you ask, curious despite your physical and emotional exhaustion.

"Or...or maybe it is time for spring to come to winter's land."

> Do nothing
> Reverse the Diviner's damage
> Bring spring to the Broken Jaw

> Bring spring to the Broken Jaw
Spring is here ! -T-

>> Bring spring to the Broken Jaw

We can't let the terrorists win.

A winter wonder land, all for the dungeon's own. This seems like a valuable place to keep.

Sidenote: Heh, I like how it's Hatchet who at least has half the decency to get in on that group hug.

>Reverse the Diviner's damage
>Accident or not, people lived here and I feel it would be disrespectful to just up and change it.
>Is there a possibility to grant it seasonal change?

'Kay, so - schedule today's between 4:30 PM & 9 PM or so (short shifts are a side effect of retail - avoid at all costs). I'll be resuming my run after I get home from work but I'll need to turn in early to get up Friday morning and help the family out with some stuff. AFTER that stuff, I've got Friday off free and clear.

Got some limited feedback last night in between the, ah. Disturbance. That's definitely still welcome.

Gonna call in a bit after I find some breakfast.

>> Reverse the Diviner's damage

Let's let Lora keep her winter.

To the /trash/ with you!

There's no need to engage, my friend. Report & move on; mods have been tagging those sorts of posts since last night.

>>Reverse the Diviner's damage
>>Accident or not, people lived here and I feel it would be disrespectful to just up and change it.
>>Is there a possibility to grant it seasonal change?

This seems reasonable.

>>>Reverse the Diviner's damage
>>>Accident or not, people lived here and I feel it would be disrespectful to just up and change it.
>>>Is there a possibility to grant it seasonal change?
Thirding this

I just don't understand your reluctance to go to /qst/. I know there's a lot of new board shitposting and some of the followers may get lost, but this can be solved easily if you make an announcement in one of your threads, the guy from sup/tg/ already started archiving /qst/.

Pity you were not around yesterday when there was a sticky thread about /qst/.

Mods banned people like you, and you missed it.

Same here, keep up the fight Vox!

>Accident or not, people lived here and I feel it would be disrespectful to just up and change it.
>Is there a possibility to grant it seasonal change?
>Maybe give a few areas a milder winter or something?

Just stop. Stop pushing off actual threads about Traditional Games topics. Go to /qst/. It was made for you.

OP put a link in this thread directing people there. Don't hold out like a child throwing a tantrum, or an cranky old man refusing to adapt to the future development that everyone else likes. /qst/ was made explicitly for you, because of the high level of sustained popularity of quests.

I don't dislike you, how could I, a self-proclaimed lover of roleplaying games, dislike you? But this isn't a roleplaying board, this is a board for discussing them. You are now officially off-topic. But lets face it, you were always off topic. Every time Naruto Quest pushed off a thread about worldbuilding or discussing DND or Exalted or Pathfinder or even stupid stuff like "Redeemed Succubus in your games", you diminished us. In your defense, there was no better place to go!

But now there is.

It's not a punishment, like /vp/. It's a promotion for you, with specially tailored rules to help make quests even better.

The only reason to "fight" is just spite.

Take it to Quest faggots, /wst/ had to leave when /aco/ was made and now you're out too
>mfw we finally have sweet freedom from the quest menace
THANK YOU BASED HIROSHIMOOT

We said we werent gonna play god with the dungeon. We should really stick to what we said we'd do.

Called, writing shortly.

Sorry to interupt your Broadcast, this is your friendly neighbourhood announcer passing by to inform you of the creation of /qst/.
This new thread is dedicated, as you might have guessed, to quests.
With that said, goodbye.

You appear to be on both boards at once, which is rather interesting.

Your containment board awaits

Not seeing it.

Containment. You've shat up Veeky Forums long enough with your interchangeable waifu quests.

Fuck you, cunts.

I must say, I enjoy wack-a-mole.

If the jans are already cleaning, the mods should be coming with the blammings.

See a fag, report a fag.

Just ignore him, he'll get deleted eventually.

If we shit post enough they have to leave!!!
Right?

Wow, that was mean. You hurt my feelings.
Nah seriously I'm not trying to tell Vox to go to /qst/, otherwise I'd have just told him to fuck off there.
Just thought that people might be interested since, well you know, this is a quest after all.
Also thought it might be nice to ask Vox what he intends on doing.

We are well aware of the new board as you can see from the constant shitposting but I think that fact that this isn't the first thread Vox has made since /qst/'s creation should say what he intends to do

GET
THE
FUCK
OUT

>I don't even follow this quest, but good on you for ignoring that shit hole /qst/ board. Hopefully the mods will grow some brains and delete it.
/qst/ is going to kill quests that try to start there as no new blood is going to go there. The only reason one would go there is by chance or if they already know its there.

Going there is not in anyone's real best interests.

>this isn't the first thread Vox has made since /qst/'s creation should say what he intends to do

please,say it's an hero

>/qst/ is going to kill quests that try to start there as no new blood is going to go there

and
nothing
of
value
was
lost

You shake your head. "I said I wasn't here to rule the Dungeon, and...and I meant it. This place wasn't just special to you. It was special to the people who lived here." You gesture to John. "Would you want spring in your home?"

John startles, wrenching his eyes off of Lora, and shakes his head. "N-no, great lady. I...this-"

"Say no more," Lora murmurs.

"Let it go back to what it was, Lora," you suggest. "If it needs time to heal, it will have time. It'll take awhile before people come here again, but..."

The angel nods and sweeps the tip of her blade through the ice encasing Cannot Hold. There is, as you've felt before, an impression of /force/, of a wave sweeping through the level. The ice around the fort shatters and melts, flowing downhill, and you hear more breaking through the level.

The air warms, noticably, though it is still cold.

"The Diviner aggravated the Jaw's nature," Lora explains. "She found ice easier to work with for seeing what she wanted to see. The fish will be back first, through the underground rivers. From there..." the angel sighs. "From there, time will cure the Jaw. Is this the man you told me about?"

You look from Lora to Hatchet, automatically, and -

He's giving her the oddest look. And for once in his life, his hands are nowhere near his weapons.

"You protected my friend," Lora murmurs. "Name your boon."

"...Your name. Is Lora your true name?"

"It is the name I prefer," the angel tells him. "Humans called me Azrael. And that is not a boon."

Your eyes flick from one to the other. You could swear you've seen that look on Hatchet's face before, but his normal and complete passivity make it hard to tell...

The older human bows his head and folds his arms in front of his lap. "If you insist, Lora," he murmurs. "I would ask for a lock of your hair."

Yep. That was it.

Lora's blade shortens to a small, delicate knife. She cuts free a small lock of hair and whispers something to it; ice forms around the lock, into a small pendant with a chain of delicate frost.

"It won't melt or break," Lora tells him, before she offers it forth. Hatchet takes it, reverently, and slips the chain over his head. The pendant rests atop his winter coat.

Lora turns to John, who skitters back in abject terror. She quirks an eyebrow at him.

"A-are you here for me?" the draug stammers.

"Why should I be here for you?" Lora asks.

"...Death is the law of the gods."

"So is gravity, and yet the skies are full," Lora says with a shrug. "If you had broken the laws of the gods, you would look like her."

John's eyes flick to the Diviner's corpse, and he shudders.

> "John, this might be your best chance to die a peaceful death."
> "Lora, can you do anything for him?"
> Say nothing; see what they do
> Say nothing; get to work on the Diviner's corpse
> Say nothing; examine Cannot Hold

>> Say nothing; get to work on the Diviner's corpse

werk werk

>Say nothing; get to work on the Diviner's corpse
waste not want not.

>> "John, this might be your best chance to die a peaceful death."

>> Say nothing; get to work on the Diviner's corpse
Let them figure it out we gotta be practical

Hey guys, there's actually a Quest board now.

>>>/qtg/

Quests go there now.

We effectively cut off the Warehouse and Cornucopia, and there is a good chance that without the Diviner, they are basically blind.

>> Say nothing; see what they do

> "Lora, can you do anything for him?" A peaceful death, or a peaceful unlife? I promised him one, but he fought so hard for the other.

It's moron.

And spamming this won't help, the QM is aware of that board and janitors are siding with them. Your post will get deleted.

Okay now this is getting ridiculous.
Totally unrelated but I have a question:
Vox, you said previously that the drive to survive is what turns you into a draug, if I remember correctly. So do you only become a draug if this drive is selfish?
Exemple: Say I'm a paladin. In front of me is a monster who has mortally wounded me, and is about to eat a child. Do I become a draugh if I don't want to die in order to save the child?
Exemple 2: I'm trapped in the desert/tundra/bumfuck. I'm also out of supplies and my companion is dying. He tells me to eat him because I have a letter I have to carry to the king. If I do eat him, do I become a draugh?

> "Lora, can you do anything for him?"

The Diviner's body will still be here in the 10 seconds this'll take. Afterwards we can set up the link to mess up the Daughter.

Stop taking the bait dude. Jesus. People are terrible at that in this Quest.

Correction to my post:
Exemple 1:
Exemple: Say I'm a paladin. In front of me is a monster who has mortally wounded me, and is about to eat a child. Do I become a draugh if I don't want to die in order to save the child?
>Forgot to mention the paladin routinely eats the meat of his ennemies as part of his religion.

>> "John, this might be your best chance to die a peaceful death."

If he doesn't take this opportunity, there's a depressingly good chance we'll have to put him down ourselves before too long.

As was said before, there's also the elements of desperation, madness, betrayal. Example 2 /might/ end in a draug depending on how bad that shit fucks you up (and if you die), but chances are if you get out alive or make peace with your oncoming death, you're probably fine.

Example 1 is more likely to create a ghost. You died doing your duty, possibly failing in that duty.

Urge to live isn't enough. It's the slurry of madness and fear that pushes you over the brink into undeath.

Really need to get that undead doc up...

I think there are an unusually high number of people in this quest who are not only new(-ish) to the board, but more earnest and less acquainted with trolling (from either side) than the average on Veeky Forums.

. . . Why wouldn't your god grant you a blessing to do so? Or fuck it, turn into a Draug then off yourself to not taint the holy ritual of consumption where you take another's sins upon you with their flesh and turn it into a foul mockery.

Yeah, but it's been like 5 months. Newfags should get with the times already.

Also, as an aside wow. I checked out the new board and was reminded that /b/ also does quests.

I have really ever seen bait on Veeky Forums that isn't taken, plus it's hard not to react to the shear amount of antiquest shitposting

Hmm okay. I also suppose there hasn't been any report of undead dying /again/ and become half-draug or something like that?
True. But the point doesn't stand anyway seeing as the gods of this world /don't/ tolerate cannibalism.
>Or fuck it, turn into a Draug then off yourself
Uh, that might make it a tad difficult for the religion to propagate if every worshipper become a monster hungering for human flesh.

If you mean the discussion thread over there, yeah. I left some feedback and moved on.

Called, tallying, writing.

Mods, please move this thread to /qst/ where it belongs.

You have the ability to move threads so use it.

Roll for your prayer. If you get a crit, maybe your god will give you a Miracle.

Please move your thread to /qst/

It is a pitty that deleted posts are not visible. There's like 30 of deleted posts asking for this to go to /qst/

You contemplate saying something. After all, you did make a promise to John.

On the other hand, Lora just about said she's not going to hurt him. And you have work to do.

You suck in a shaky breath - you're still off-balance, still coming back to something like normal - and kneel next to the Diviner's body. Professionally, you strip the clothes and items from it. You find precious little in the way of magical aids, but you didn't expect to - between the shelf of resonant materials and whatever it is about Cannot Hold that let her reach out and ensnare the vamp -

Wait.

You look up and see James' body in tatters. Even now, Kat, looking much the worse for wear, is shredding what's left of him into smaller and smaller pieces.

So much for that.

"Wh-what do you want with me?" John asks, shakily, while you begin the process of extracting the bones. Longstanding habit makes you separate the meat out; that can be disposed of later, humanely. There's no need to shame her further in her death.

"You aided my friend," Lora says simply. "Name your boon."

"...Can I live?" John's whisper is all desperate hope.

Lora shakes her head.

"...There's a girl," John murmurs. "In Port Atrium, girl named Emily. Haven't seen her in too long. You can't miss her, she's the sweetest girl in town, smile like witchlight on water. You protect her, you hear me?"

"You're certain?" Lora asks, firmly.

"You protect her," John murmurs, "and then you kill me."

> Object
> Let it happen

maybe you should take the hint???

I'm not the one geting deletedd by janitors.
>>/trash/

> Let it happen

We had thr other draugs killed. He's going willingly to death.

>Let it happen
>Ask John if we can give Emily a message.

That's something I've never understood with Veeky Forums in general.
>You people have no authority over what is and what isn't authorized in a thread.
>Only the mods are able to ban/move a thread.
>Thus what you are doing more or less equals throwing a hissy fit.
If you aren't happy about the mod's moderation, why don't you become one then come back, hmm?
MFW when same people are also the one that complain about shitposting most of the time.

>Let it happen
I don't think we are evil enough to deny a man his last wishes.

>> Let it happen

>If you aren't happy about the mod's moderation, why don't you become one then come back, hmm?

Pretty sure that's exactly what happened with this /qst/ thing.

Supporting this addition. Let's keep his last words for her.

...just in case this protection is gonna bite us in the ass and the girl has become evil. A chance to turn that hypothetical wheel around. :P

Were you dropped on your head or something?

You mean that place that is going down in flames?

You can see it on foolz archive, in the page code.

There are 25 deleted posts at the moment.

>> Object
John, I'll feed you Diviner meat just please, help me!

>refuses to use board
>justifies not using it because you aren't using it

genius

seconding this

> Let it happen

Calmatae, folks. There's not a need to engage, and there probably will never be. Until this thing blows over or official statements and actions get made beyond cleaning out the shitposters, we're business as usual.

We could be gettin' some good discussion going, y'know. There's been some great stuff in the recent threads.

Called, writing.

Please use the board that was made for you and leave us in peace.

Please stop this shitposting.

>Please stop this shitposting
Take your own advice.
Until the mods start banning quest threads, people will do as they please.
And take into account that is currently on a TRIAL Basis. It's still a hidden board until people decide to use it.
And don't say "but people are using it", I saw at least 5 quest threads revolving around /qst/ being a containment board.

>And don't say "but people are using it", I saw at least 5 quest threads revolving around /qst/ being a containment board.

So your argument for shitposting on our board is that your kind are shitposting in yours?

wew lad

>Let it happen
>Ask John if we can give Emily a message.
Seconding

You gotta stop engaging man. There's no point.

Then maybe you should use it and stop shitting up our board, faggot.

You stand from your work. This is more important.

Lora waits while you limp to John and put a hand on his shoulder. "I know what this means to you," you murmur.

"...I'm scared," he admits, in a low whisper.

"Most people are, when they're about to die. What can I tell Emily from you?"

John looks away. "...Tell her how I died. I don't want her hearing it from the Roost. You tell her true for me. Tell her...tell her I'm sorry."

"I will," you promise.

Lora sets her blade into the stone and wrenches it with her wrist. It splits cleanly, length-wise, down the center, leaving a long sliver of sword vibrating in the stone.

"It will need sharpening on the back end," Lora tells you. "It will need a hilt, and a pommel stone. I suggest onyx."

"What are you going to do?" you ask.

"You were my first heritor. But there is another first that I yet have at my disposal, and there is nothing else I can do to protect Emily from here."

The angel spreads her wings and /booms/. You've heard her speak in the Divine Tongue before, but where her other statements were whispers, songs, this is a /proclamation/. You catch Emily's name somewhere in the storm of phrases, and then it settles.

"John of the Broken Jaw, I name Emily the Chosen of Death," Lora pronounces.

"What." you say, before you can stop yourself.

Lora lunges with her half a blade, piercing John's heart cleanly. The draug slumps to the floor, an expression of peace on his face, while you stare, slack-jawed, at the angel.

"I gave her your name and told her to seek you in the levels above," Lora tells you. "I have to go."

"Lora, wait," you protest, but the fog is already claiming her.

After a moment, she is gone.

"My queen?" Fetch asks.

"I...give me a moment," you tell him, and you get back to work on the Diviner's corpse, because here at least is a job you can fucking finish.

Reminder not to respond to trolls and shittposters. Just report them and move on.

> Examine Cannot Hold after; you need to know how you can strike at the Daughter
> Go /immediately/ to Port Atrium. That girl is going to need guidance
> Find the liquor. Partake of the liquor. Pass out. Demand an explanation from Lora
> Write-in?

>> Go /immediately/ to Port Atrium. That girl is going to need guidance

> Examine Cannot Hold after; you need to know how you can strike at the Daughter

Getting rid of the cunt is honestly really fucking important here.

>> Examine Cannot Hold after; you need to know how you can strike at the Daughter
>> Go /immediately/ AFTER to Port Atrium. That girl is going to need guidance