If Netflix is 20 billion dollars in debt, how are they even still operating?

If Netflix is 20 billion dollars in debt, how are they even still operating?

Other urls found in this thread:

nasdaq.com/symbol/nflx/financials?query=income-statement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

netflix debt how?

They spend an insane amount of money on their original content.

prooff?

they are 20 billion in debt.

Why? Literally everything Netflix makes is shit though and this is well known.

just google it dumbfuck

short it

maby they should stop playing liberal politics i might give more of a shit about the crap the churn out

Because they have $30 billion dollars in assets. Netflix has a net worth of $11 billion, they are doing fine.

beats me
a company can only operate in the red for so long

4555 25585 4455 5554
code 458

i need the expiration date too you baka

Netflix had over $2 billion in profit in 2016. They've been profitable every year since at least 2013.

nasdaq.com/symbol/nflx/financials?query=income-statement

US government is in 20 trillion dollars debt, how are they even still operating?

Being in debt and being bankrupt are two different things. Done for tax/savings puproses

Probably because they have a sweet EBITDA ratio to interests, covering any major default/distress risk.

jews

$1.22 billion net income

$1.86 billion net income

so far in 2017
$3.73 billion net income

20x 30x income user

They put their entire networth into a 100x leveraged short on Bitmex

Because so far they've managed to make the payments on that debt so it isn't a problem? Do you even know what debt is?

kekd

They think long term not a short term like coiners

always loved that pic

The L.A. Times story inaccurately calculates our debt, counting our streaming obligations (i.e. our content contracts with studios) of $15.7b as debt, which it isn't. The correct number: we have total gross debt of $4.8b vs. our equity market value of about $75b. They have since corrected the story.
More context, the $15.7b is future content expenses that roll through the income statement over time. Every broadcaster, cable network and streamer that has licensing agreements uses the same structure. As a point of reference, Disney/ESPN has $49b in similar commitments for sports contracts.

>Because they have $30 billion dollars in assets. Netflix has a net worth of $11 billion, they are doing fine.

Who values the assets. A large part of those assets are brand value and good will - not anything physical. You cant sell half of your good will when times are tight.

My brother did this on the train