EDH/Commander General

Pimp deck edition
>picrelated

>RESOURCES

mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface

What's your best bling?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mine-to-sac-edh/
sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=92731
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/memeagos-v2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Holy shit the glare is real. Sorry for that. Top left is a judge foil Mana Crypt, for anyone who can't tell.

I used to use it, but it was cut because it didn't do enough when I needed it. It's one of those cards that comes and goes.

How viable can a creatureless, pure burn spell in EDH can be?

I'm thinking of making an edh deck with that that purpose with this general. Or any general that at least has Black and Red in it.

Forgot the pic.

MTG needs it's own board. It's clogging up Veeky Forums and killing content creation.

there are a lot of different parts to magic that don't go together. EDH and modern don't mix

>responding to troll post
Not even once, mate.

to be honest a TCG board wouldn't be too bad.

TCG probably is two narrow but CG general would maybe work.

If my opponent has zurgo with assault suit on and it's passed to me, can I clone it and destroy the one with assault suit or does it just destroy the clone?

you control you decide it is a sack

You choose which to sacrifice

I'm guessing not at all. As soon as you finally start getting dangerous you'll be swung at hard and you'll have no way to defend yourself.
I think it might be possible in UR, though you'll have to mix it with control.

how dare people discuss table top games on Veeky Forums they should be posting in one of the eight hundred quest threads, argue about 40k fluff or look at blatant fetish pictures of fantasy races.

this doesn't work anymore cause lolmod happened and now /qst/ exists.

i just ordered
Altar of Dementia
Anathemancer
Diabolic Tutor
Increasing Ambition
Necropotence
what should i take out from my deck tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mine-to-sac-edh/
BTW i play against Karn, nekusar Daxos, marath, jhoira

>tfw just getting back into magic and trying to build a casual edh deck
I have like a whole five cards that actually synergize with my git gud frogger.

Opinions on planeswalkers as commanders? I'm assuming jace would be utter garbo and sorin has too high a manacost?

>black and red
If you want to burn your opponent out then there is a better way. Imagine. All the X burn spells. ALL OF THEM Except the super shitty ones obviously. We aren't that bad at the game.

Akroma and Vela don't have a ton of synergy
Tamiyo's Journal is pretty bad
What does Urabrask do for you? Most Threaten effects give haste.
Memnarch seems out of place, you don't have enough acceleration to really do anything, though i see you play vs a mud deck, so it could be good.
Also, you're in UR and the best countermagic you've got is Cancel, Cancel with Madness and Dissipate? Consider Counterflux, Double Negative, Suffocating Blast, Cryptic and Mystic Confluence.

Just go mizzix if you like X burn spells. Going creatureless in green just feels wrong.

Sorry, it has to be at least Rakdos colored, not for overall competitiveness, but for fun while somewhat effective.

-Void Winnower (big dummy can easily get the axe)
-Falkenrath Noble/Blood Artist/Vela of the Night Clad (Draining your opponent is probably not going to getting you very far. Smashing with your creatures with wanton disregard is probably a better strat with Marchesa. if life gain is what's important, Whip of Erebos would be a far better option)
-Dominus of Fealty (Necro and Dominus don't mix with that mana base
-Tamiyo's Journal (why?)
-Akroma (cute synergy with morphing then sacing her with Marchesa, but other than that it doesn't really do anything)

Don't you worry boss. We'll be playing creatures....

>tfw your new deck wins both the games you play with it

>tfw your new deck has a commander most people haven't seen before, so you get focused before you get set up because "We don't know what that does lol!"

That's rough, which commander?

Not that guy but thanks for reminding me I have a whip I need to add to my deck in progress.

Any of my newer decks the list goes like this.
>Skeleton Ship
>Bosh
>Mishra
I'm scared to premiere new decks at my store because I just end up focused so they can get back to Prossh/Oloro/Derevi/Zur shenanigans.

Just realized Planes walkers can't be commanders unless specifically stated on the card they can be, sorry for the retard question.

If I used cost reduction cards (Like eldrazi temple, animar, etc) , and I reduced casting costs below 10, would cards like kozilek still cost 0 or 2 generic mana?

2 colorless.

I think it's two colorless at that point.

the commander vs series had an all enchantments build for mogis, so you can check that out

This happened to me a few nights ago, just finished my Slobad deck, didn't expect it to run too well, since I had tested Daretti and I decided it was much to consistent for my group, who aren't the best players. Slobad just felt like much more of a roll of the dice to see if i could do anything. Anyways I won the first game off floating mana, Jokulhapus and casting a batterskull. Second game I made infinite mana with Rings and cast Spine of ish Sa over and over, saccing it to Slobad each time to blow up everyones everything.

Is this it?

sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=92731

Your taste is pretty good, would play with desu senpai

Depending on how cutthroat your playgroup is, Gisela Burn is pretty cool. Fireball for 10 becomes 20

>Second game I made infinite mana with Rings
How?

Putting together a shitty Xenagos deck irl, any thoughts?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/memeagos-v2/

Really?

>Tap Basalt Monolith for 3 mana
>use it to untap
>pay 2 for Rings trigger
>tap for 3 with another Untap trigger on the stack
>untap Monolith with 3 floating
>repeat

>Prossh/Oloro/Derevi/Zur
That sounds like a living nightmare. That would almost be bad enough to make me want to try tiny leaders. Almost.

cost reduction reduces the generic mana cost of spells, as you can see on the card it uses the generic mana symbol

for an example of a card that reduces the colored mana of a cost, check out edgewalker

if there were a card that had that effect for colorless pips, THEN you could reduce kozilek's cost to 0

You may want to include some 1 mana dorks, getting a kodama's reach/cultivate on turn 2 can get your fatties out fast.

Does this also work with Mana Vault?

no, mana vault's untap is a triggered abiltiy

/edh/gen, which is the best Pestilence art?

Or which one goes great or complements Pyrohemia's art?

>Pyrohemia

Urza's

I used Venters because I don't have a black boarder OG pestilence. I do really like Walkers, though.

If you equip Xenagos, God, with mask of Avacyn and lose your devotion to GR, is Xenagos still equipped and hexproof?

Pic unrelated

stops being a creature so the mask falls off

What if you enchant him with an aura?

Kev Walker by far

same answer

If it's an enchant creature, and he's not a creature, guess what happens.

>Play dude in EDH
>He's getting manafucked,
>I feel a bit bad because I combo'd out in the previous game
>I end up winning again because other people are telling me I should just finish him
>He starts slamming his fist on the table, hitting his deck and throws it around the table along with some dice
>Then he flips a chair
I really need better people to play with.

Post Playgroups

I hate nothing more than losing because I'm getting mana screwed.
It just rustles my jimmies like nothing else.
Imprint a counterspell in an isochron cepter? Fine with me, ot's very unlikely to happen.
Wombo combo it out on turn 5? Well fine whatever.
But if I draw no lands you can be sure I will get salty as fuck on the inside.

Fix your mana base then. Add in more lands. The cycle lands are really great additions, either you end up flooded and just cycle them away or you play them and deal with slow mana. There if you need them, gone if you don't.

Fucking this.

I lost a game at a prerelease because I drew FIFTEEN OF MY EIGHTEEN LANDS. Guess what? Still almost won because of Call the Bloodline. I needed literally anything but a land on top. Drew #15.

Thing is in an Edh i run 35-39 lands + ~10 mana rocks give or take.
The only reason I'm getting mana screwed is because of bad luck and what makes me so mad is i can't do anything about it and have to watch the match go on while just passing my turns and waiting to get finished off.

Just made my first ever janky as fuck edh deck with gitgud frog, trying to get the rest of my kitchen table to play edh as well since were constantly playing as five and somebody always gets buttfucked early.

tie between kev walker and pete venters art

>That guy with 4 mono-colored decks
He needs to get that green deck out
Tell him a retard on the internet supports him.

Are there any other Karametra players in here?

How does enchantments-matters compare to her other builds?

I also integrated a basic BPod engine as well that's been doing work.

I'm enjoying it so far and did pretty well last night (despite being mana-screwed) at a local EDH gig.

Can we please stop this [blank] matters shit? It's fucking stupid.

Sorry, Karametra - Enchantment Focus feat. BPod.

Saucy opinion though m8.

You choose one of them yes. Legend rule doesn't make you sac, so you can't avoid it.

Right after you stop thinking your opinion matters, it's fucking stupid.

Some metas allow using them tho, much like nephilim

are you me?
card is litteraly BETTERBLOSSOM

I gave him a list for a mono G elves list and it looks like he's gonna build it

Current decks
Rafiq for the aesthetic pimp.
Ezuri mono g for the girl
Animar's menagerie, all creatures
Circu, the lobotomist. Because I need to loose sometimes.
Atog atog colorless
Crovax the accursed because so sad
Tajic which was taken
Omnath gr ramp
Krevek because no fun.
Krenko for fun
Kemba, pussy power
Tasigur reanimated
Prosh! ah ahhhhh, saviour of the universe

Currently building
The birds wu
Selenia
Mono u agro
Mono land $$$$$$$$$

I miss playing for the last month nothing but work and school.

for GR it works pretty well, since you have tons of board wipes in those colors.

my one friend has a strict ramp + fireball edh and he can do well 1v1 and usually wins multiplayer.

Favorite mana base.

>those severely curled foils

>All that money
>Single sleeved

please don't.

Foils do what they do

I hate the double sleeved size feel and general fagotry. How about I'm just careful.

>I hate the double sleeved size feel and general fagotry.

What?

The size is almost negligible, what the fuck are you talking about?

.5 feels like 150 card deck sleeved.
Even if it's. 25 all those cards towering above the table slipping and sliding on my new sleeves going 700 miles an hour.
My girlfriend can't shuffle it because her petite hands and needs help when she borrows it. Can't let new players borrow it because they spill the cards over like slippery spaghetti.
I'll just be careful.

>How about I'm just careful.
This is what happens when you're not careful.

How do you prevent the warping of foil cards?

I play with them quite a bit.

Same for me, I don't like double sleeving because of the feel and because I just don't care enough.
Most people here'd propably be shocked of they knew how a friend of mine treats his cards.

>Foils do what they do
>How do you prevent the warping of foil cards?
Idk about prevention, but I keep my foils flat by regularly flexing them in the opposite direction of the curl.

It works for 75% or so. Some are really stubborn and curl right back up a few minutes later.

double sleeve them

use desicant packs when storing them in a box over a long term

Double sleeving foils and leaving them for a few days under something very also works to make them less curled.

>at least Rakdos colored
Run Grixis for blue, you'd need the protection

Maybe Nekusar

I resolved an endless swarm with hive mind out

pretty funny

>Great Snake Mistake actually worked
nice

I heard you guys were talking about pimping?

What /edhg/'s thoughts on editions of cards.

Do you prefer old borders over new? Do you choose your favorite art?
What do you decide on and why?

Personally, I mix and match my card choices. Artifacts, red cards and green cards I always try to get as old of an edition as possible. The others I prefer new borders for.

>Do you prefer old borders over new?
Original border > 8th Edition-on border > M15-on border

>Do you choose your favorite art?
Yes. Art trumps a card border for me, so if a newer version of a card has better art than an older one I'll get the new version.

>What do you decide on and why?
Depends on the card.

I hate white borders and old multi-colour cards, and art is much more important than borders in almost all situations.

You're not pimp until all of your basics are Guru or summer magic.

Art and flavor text are the determining factors for me. I really don't care about the borders, but there are bits of archaic wording I am fond of; my board wipes say bury when possible, my BoP say Summon Mana Birds, etc.

I end up mixing and matching borders. I don't mind white borders, they even make some cards look better. 8th Edition-onwards borders are sort of the default in my mind. The M15-onwards borders look amazing on some cards but terrible on others.

Art and flavor text usually take precedence over borders for me.

Regardless, I always try to get a foil version of my Commander (and any secondary/tertiary commanders) for every deck.

>not the Euro lands