Thoughts on The Adventure Zone

Hey Veeky Forums, I was wondering how you guys felt about The Adventure Zone. Do you love it? Hate it? Do you have any other DnD podcasts or general comedy stuff you listen to?

Love it. I'm a big fan of all their shows, but TAZ is there best. Griffin while railroady at times, seems to perfectly balanced fun for the players and fun for the audience, and they edit stuff really well.

I am pretty damn invested, though I found the past two stories worse than the first two. The train mystery was the peak. I'm getting aggravated at how terrible they are keeping track of spells.

The big thing it has over everything else is production value - custom music, clear speaking, professional podcasters/entertainers (with their dad also have been on the radio). They could still get a lot worse before the quality of the show itself won't keep me listening.

I challenge anyone to name another podcast/stream that is as well put together as this.

This podcast made me realize how great Justin is. Taako is hands down the star of the show.

(That said I wish they'd abandon the Taco side plot. Its not funny anymore)

Anyone submit any items to Fantasy Costco?

It's a great podcast, although they do have the habit of building up antagonists, but when they fight them, they're complete pushovers. Just look at Legion.

I submitted a sentient clockwork bird that sat on their shoulders and gave them advantage on arcana checks.

What are your thoughts on itmejps podcasts?

It's really good. They get that ignoring the rules in favor of a better flow/story/fun is the /correct/ way to play any table top game

They have, though? When was the last time they brought it up?

Its been a bit, but in The The Adventure Zone Zone they talked about it like it was still a thing they were gonna do but they put it on the back burner. I much would have preferred Justin saying "Ok folks its done, let it go". Especially since he clearly didn't care about the joke anymore.

Am I the only one that was convinced by Griffin to get on the Carly Rae Jepsen fan train?

My Fantasy Cosco submissions were:

Apprentice Robes - Surplus from a magical academy, these robes are given to young magic users at the beginning of their career and grant you one extra level 1 spell check. They are also literally sized for children and will be very upsetting if worn by an adult.

Infinity Flask - a failed experiment by a party wizard, this flash can pour infinite water. Useful for thirsty travelers and putting out small fires. WARNING: If left upside down and unsealed, it may eventually drown the world.

Boomering - A magical ring that, when used, will cause the most recent item/weapon you threw or dropped to return to your hand. However, you must make a reflex saving throw to see if you actually catch it or if flys past you or hits you in the face

Kind of hate it. Too many people, it's really weird that their dad is playing and making doo-doo and sex jokes with them, and they barely roleplay.

It's the stupid frat party of rpg podcasts.

Wait. A party of three and a DM is too many people?

I guess they don't want the fights to be bogged down.

One is the comfiest number that I'll ever know

I personally love listening to it.

To be honest, I can't really get into listening to other people play RPGs. The closest I've gotten is Thrilling Intent, but that's a lot more visual.

They're the only D&D podcast I can tolerate. I got a lot of recommendations for shit like Crit Juice or Party of Four and practically threw my phone across the room while listening.

What about DnD is for nerds?

I've never heard of it before. What are the selling points that make it better than the hundred other D&D podcasts?

If I can't get it on podcast lounge it doesn't exist. Major problem is I'm VERY picky about the audio quality, so if it's a bunch of guys in the same room sharing the same mic I'll generally hate it.

You should be able to get it
The audio quality is pretty goddamn good.

Turns out I had to look for sanspants, so we shall see!

Yeah, sanspants in general has good audio
and delightful accents.