/btg/ - Battletech General

/btg/ is dead, long live /btg/!

Dark Age edition

Old Thread: ===================================
Combat Manuals: Mercenaries (final build)
mediafire.com/download/62qpwm49e3pjdgn/E-CAT35260_Combat_Manual_Mercenaries.pdf

Touring the Stars Compilation
mega.nz/#!ixlWHA5Y!VC7rjxgsAxnDddAkvqFU2LF2U7oU8zE_X6dYUV5Ggqs

Touring the Stars Manassas
mega.nz/#!vt8k2DaS!IR0VJXpFyhcWhDOZHF_uNo7yaBHNqKo2h-2nrSaENRc
===================================

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech

Productive and Civil Discussion Edition?

Oh, you said Dark Age. Carry on.

>Dat Spirit Cat force
I only have a few DA pieces left for fun games, and most are Spirit cats. Not out of choice, but because all the good shit I blindboxed were SC.

I need to get more clickwarrior stuff.

Whats wrong with DA? The fluff wasn't the greatest, but the game was decent, and the minis were cool as hell

>Spirit Cats
FWL PRIDE SPHERE WIDE

I did it, btg!
I finished my MWDA collection!
It doesn't have everything, nor even an entire army, but it does have every mini I was barely interested.

Here is the last batch, that arrived this week. It came with some faction dice too.

Man, don't look at me, I wanted to play Swordsword.

I regret trading my Panther... First mech I ever got, but all my Spirit cat stuff was stronger. Fucking Clan BS.

Wish they had Grey Death Legion, as thats what I usually play in Battletech.

He probably takes exception to how we arrived at Dark Age. It was not the cleanest move in fluff. I remember how most of the players locally reacted poorly to Devin Stone. But the game was fun and I owe most of my collection to it. Aside from the lack of scale, the minis are very fun.

I feel you. I was raised reading the Steiner/Davion books and Jade Falcon trillogy. There is a lot of fluff to catch up with, and the cannon is frankly monstrous, so the idea of trying to "soft reboot" was admirable, but poorly done.

At least they didnt pull a Disney Star Wars and just wipe it all.

Has anybody tried out the Mortis? It looks pretty shit on paper.

Generals should be moved to their own board. They're clogging up Veeky Forums and stagnating content creation.

>thinking that's complaining
Have you kept up with the fluff? Spirit Cats are in the FWL now, as a member state.

where the Nova Cats should have been all along

Assuming for a moment that the other Clans decided to integrate themselves (somewhat) peacefully into the Inner Sphere (and Smoke Jaguar hadn't been destroyed), where would each Clan likely have ended up?

Thanks for your input, it was very helpful to everyone involved

I've tried both variants. I actually think the TSEMP version is better, since it can shut something down and then swack it with an hit axe on the punch chart, then next turn go for a head shot with the base -4 to hit LVSPL and then another go with the axe or a kick. And if you don't shut something down, your LVSPL ignores most of the interference mod and the axe just does not care.

That said, they're both pretty expensive for a heavy mech that struggles to cause a PSR.

In the same damn invasion corridor, killing other clanners for elbow room, as they enjoy doing.

Da fuq?

God forbid we push out the filename threads and "elf slave wut do" posts.

Haven't kept up with fluff... What else happened since Darkage? Bullet points?

Jesus fuck Gropey is there a Veeky Forums thing you DON'T do?

Congrats, user.

Currently playing a ATB campaign for mercs in the fed-com civil war era.
What's some good, cheap (definitely cheap) mechs that don't explode and die a lot that I can use to build up my company from vedette slaughtering into some proper fights?

I find that an odd statement to make after the scorched earth they perpetrated in the FWL during SCOUR.

55 ton trio 'Mechs (3050 upgrades)? Specifically ones that just swap weapons and like DHS, but with no structural changes.

Griffins, Lineholders, Grasshoppers, thunderbolt-7Ms

>Haven't kept up with fluff... What else happened since Darkage? Bullet points?

The Spirit Cats a part of a psuedo-clan in the new League known as the "Clan Enclave". They take in survivors of the now defunct Clan Nova Cat.

They also sit on the border with the new Wolf Empire (Clan Wolf moved out of their occupation zone, assisted the Lyrans in destroying one of the FWL successor states, then jumped on the Lyrans afterward, carving a swath out of both the former League and the Commonwealth. Said swath is ruled by a Khan who claims Katrina Steiner-Davion as his parentage.).

>implying anything after 3049 makes a lick of sense

Whatever you can get parts for. That's whatever troopers your home state makes or salvage you can pick up from your enemies in common quantity. Just common machines in general will do the job.

You will get something cool and it WILL die on you. Parts and supply is the most important thing as a merc. You don't have a nice cushy state unit with whole dropships of spare parts to count on.

It isn't like anything before 3049 makes sense too

Would you rather see the RotS destroyed or go full Terran Hegemony mode on its neighbors?

Ta, will try and get hold of a few.

Aye, mostly been running hunchbacks and phoenix hawks due to easy supplies for stuff. Though I did blag myself a cheap sniper artillery piece and that has definitely been worth the cbills. And I've been leaning towards energy heavy loadouts just to avoid ammo costs.

I feel like it just ratchets up the retard after that though

Full Terran Hegemony with Wolverines! backing them up to piss everyone possible.

We Hegemony of Blake now

>claims Katrina Steiner-Davion as his parentage
You mean "confirmed tubebaby of Victor and Mad Kat"

DARK AGE

I want them to get torn apart. The Terran Hegemony was a product of unique circumstances, and there is no way a state with 6+ enemy borders should be able to hold together in the Dark Age.

But I want to see the core worlders in the main armies again, just like they were in the WoB militia. I want to see Terrans and Martians and Caphers and New Earthers saying "Not again. Fuck your mechs, fuck your Succession Lords, and fuck your clans!"

I do wonder if the Blakist remnants and remaining Hidden Worlds will ever come into play with ComStar dead (again).

never forget

The retard escalation of plot starts with the 4th succession war, and then never stops amplifying.

CONRAD TOYAMA DID NOTHING WRONG

I want them to survive and beat the shit out of the other factions. I want them to go full "I TOLD YOU, BRO. I TOLD YOU TO KEEP THE PEACE ON THE FUCKING INNER SPHERE! NOW I HAVE TO NUKE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU.". It would be even better if one of the hints dropped on the books, that Devlin is related to the Blood Spirits, becomes true and that the Republic forces the Sprit de Corps on every other faction until a new Star League is born.

I'm with that guy.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE ARES CONVENTIONS BRO

I WARNED YOU

TUKKAYID BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
GAS THE CLANS SPACE WAR NOW

If the RotS weren't such a bunch of faggots, I might be behind that, as it's basically what the Blakists wanted back when shit hit the fan in 3068.

So if get some DA minis can I pop them off their clix bases, slap em on some hex bases and use them in normal BT?

why not both?

ONE BULLDOG WASN'T ENOUGH

The scale is different. DA minis are about 50% bigger.

I'm kind of surprised at the number of WoB fans I usually find here, but seeing how angry folks on the OF get about WoB I can see why you flock here.

Wobbies were popular as fuck during the Jihad years. They're the guys you love and love to hate. That was just a few years ago.

also the WoB is cool as fuck and removes Clan

/btg/ loves PURPLE BURD as a meme, but our hearts are truly with the Master. Blake vult!

Technically yes. The minis are usually bigger than the Battletech ones (bigger scale AND the first sets are generally even bigger). Some of the minis (Uziel, Hellion, Phoenix Hawk L...) are small and could fit on a hex, but every mini is a different matter

Other than that it is very easy to pop them up and glue them again on a hex

That reminds me. Did we ever find out what happened to those suicide Shadow Divisions that got sent to fuck up the homeworlds? Seems like they all got recalled in '68 and showed up back in the sphere around '72.

Would have been cool to see them actually do some damage out in the deep periphery other than taking over old Comstar outposts like Columbus.

>Shadow Divisions

I'm more curious about the ones that were unaccounted for at the end of the Jihad.

They were heading out right as the Jihad kicked off, so they turned around. That's about it.

What about vees, ba, vtols, and infantry?

It took them years to get back. They were basically at the homeworlds when they got the return signal IIRC.

I just can't think of a single raid or anything on the clan worlds.

IIRC they didn't make it too close, given that the Scorps ended up with a bunch of blakist shit they looted from a cache.

I'm pretty sure that they were not almost there when they turned around

BA and infantry all fit in the hex..some of the BA are almost Protomech size, so maybe you want to use them as protos.

VTOL is also okay, they have a plastic stand that fits in any hex. Make sure the hex is heavy enough to support the VTOL

Vehicles suffer from the same problems as mechs. Some are too big, some are too small. Avoid the vehicles released on the first sets and you will be fine.

>Smoke Jag lives

What sounds better, Draconis Jaguar or Smoke Combine?

>not "Snake Jaguar"

ONE JOB

Smoked Snakes.

So, a repeat of the jihad, but lamer and more masturbatory?
I'll pass

Blake eleison!

> a Veeky Forums thing you DON'T do?
Live a happy life. Also, Exalted. I also don't play 40k anymore.

>a Khan who claims Katrina Steiner-Davion as his parentage.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Thats pretty fair.

Depends on which gen of Battletech minis. I actually like the slightly large scale, as it makes infantry and vehicles easier to scale.

I sympathize to a point, but they still do have a bit of nutball to them.

Alaric Ward claims to have been created from Katherine Steiner-Davion and Vladimir Ward's DNA.

It's actually Katherine Steiner-Davion and Victor Steiner-Davion, a fact that if it ever gets out will end his Khanship and probably his Clan, which had to be riddled with Katherine's pawns to create I'm and get him where he is while covering up his actual parentage.

>WHAT
>THE
>FUCK

Apparently Katrina created the now Khan of Clan Wolf and the Wolf Empire, Alaric Wolf from her own DNA and that of her brother, Victor Steiner Davion.

He's also announced his claim on the Lyran throne given his Steiner heritage (really just an attempt at pacifying Lyrans within his new territory).

Also things get even more hectic in the Dark Age, such as the Federated Suns fighting a disastrous two front affair with the Capellans and Combine (Capellan and Draconis Marches have not only fallen, but have had their capitols seized and their lords killed in one manner or another) or the Lyrans who are facing the aggression of three clans (Wolf, Jade Falcon and Hel's Horses) and giving a poor showing.

>Test tube incest baby.

Keep it classy, Katherine.

>WHAT
>THE
>FUCK
He's victor and katherine's incest tubebaby, man
D A R K A G E
R
K
A
E

Just bought the starter box and I love the Catapult. Any other goes fast artillery machines? I want to blow a man away from forty paces.

It makes the FCCW hilarious in hindsight, too, because the entire thing basically becomes kitty S-D throwing a hissy fit cause her brother won't fuck her. It's great

Artillery as in like the catapult's Arrow IV variant, or just solid long-range mechs?

what's the deal with the new tripfriend that doesn't know the lore? why is it here?

>It makes the FCCW hilarious in hindsight, too, because the entire thing basically becomes kitty S-D throwing a hissy fit cause her brother won't fuck her

So when did GRR Martin start writing Battletech?

Because the only people I play with are old grognards who end the lore where the books and FASA dropped it.

Trebuchet for mediums. Probably only the Valkyrie for lights.

Archer is as fast as the Catapult on the ground but can't jump. Same with the heavier Longbow.

Because he's an egotistical faggot. Just check the next arms and armor thread.

Either works, I really just like the sleek design and superior fire power.

Game is slowly getting more popular. New people tend to happen

Forgot a pic

Because he plays and knows the old lore, and has a huge collection of pics? Tripfag contributes at least.

>samefagging again

we know it's you

Just like you samefag whenever any says anything you don't like in an Arms & Armor thread.

>So when did GRR Martin start writing Battletech?
2001. Dark age really tried too hard to be edgy by adding a shitpile of incest, rape and various combinations of the two everydamnwhere

Dear Gropey;

/btg/ has quality namefags. Our namefags generally do not post to gratify their own egos. Please endeavor to live up to our high community standard by removing the trip and lurking more.

Thanks

>new players? REEEEEEEEEEEE

it's not 3025 fellas.

Archer is the gold standard as long-range fire support goes. Trebuchet and Griffin are both good medium takes on the concept. In later days, the Bandersnatch is an excellent direct-fire support mech, and the Apollo and Salamander are exceptional LRM throwers

My locals are in a time bubble. Anything after the civil war isn't widely accepted, and Jihad players are a minority. Darkage never happened.

Granted, I stopped reading them before the second wave, but I don't recall the MW:DA novels being that dark.

>tfw VSD fucked the princesses of every state except his own
Coulda made a complete set.

Coulda shoulda woulda. Would have saved the inner sphere one hell of a lot of trouble

I had that poster in my bed room as a kid.

CONTRIBUTE.

You fags are so worked up over a trip whos at least dumping pics and stimulating discussion, that you're spamming shitposts

My old community stopped at the clan invasion. I know your pain.

Howdy folks, does anyone have any merc units and/or NPCs that they'd like to post? I'm collecting units to use as NPC allies/quickstart forces/background color/OpFor and I was wondering if you guys could help

Fuck off

Victor did sow a lot of oats... Omi still bestgirl though.

Speaking of Omi, has anything with their son, Kitsune ever progressed? When I left the cannon, it stopped with the Combine in near meltdown over him being a Davion by blood.

I had the madcat blueprint poster.

>stopped at the clan invasion
Like, pre-invasion or during the invasion? Thats fucking rough.

>Speaking of Omi, has anything with their son, Kitsune ever progressed? When I left the cannon, it stopped with the Combine in near meltdown over him being a Davion by blood.
Nope, like so many other plot points, it was left hanging

>Kitsune

Absolutely nothing. Probably had secret kids with one of the Steiner-Marik-Davion kids, who will go on to marry that Liao chick who got Kai's mech, and boom, Star League III

>Nope, like so many other plot points, it was left hanging
FUCK. EVERYTHING. Jesus fucking protomech Christ.

Some of them look pretty damn cool son. I ought get some dark age myself.

>that Liao chick who got Kai's mech

You know, to the guy that was asking about this last thread. I think I figured out why Kai gave it to her. Remember what a faggot David Lear was and how much he hated his dad? No wonder Kai washed his hands of passing a mech down that line.

>Liao chick who got Kai's mech

Danai Liao-Centrella.

Speaking of whom, what did she have with Caleb Davion relationship wise exactly?

And does she know the Combine beat her to killing him at this point?

Yeah, her. Her and Caleb were getting flirty until he raped her iirc, and I would assume she knows he's dead.