Palladium Rifts

Is anybody excited for Savage Worlds Rifts?

What game-breaking thing would you fix in Rifts if YOU were in charge?

What books would YOU publish for Rifts?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/rifts-for-savage-worlds/
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?779756-Savage-Worlds-Rifts-Savage-Rifts!&p=20038479#post20038479
thewilddie.podbean.com/e/episode-55-savage-rifts-with-sean-patrick-fannon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NORTHERN EAGLE MILITARY ALLIANCE, FUCK YEAAAHH!!!

>What books would YOU publish for Rifts?

Definitely want to see my favorite worldbooks from Rifts get treatment in Savage Rifts: Vampire Kingdoms, New West, Japan, Lone Star, Canada, Northern Gun, Triax, Coalition War Campaign and Dinosaur Swamp.

Sort of, I've never played Savage Worlds or Rifts but it seems like a cool setting.

It would be great. I thought converting RIFTS to Fuzion, but gave up the project by lack of time and motivation.

I don't really like savage worlds at all but it's nice to see Kevin pulling the stick out of his ass.

And what a long stick it was...25 years.

I'm hype as fuck. I just hope we get hatchling dragons by the end of the Kickstarter. The fact this is going to be a continuing line pretty much spells the end of my having money for a while, but in a good way.

The new art looks baller as fuck.

Here's the Glitter Boy preview for anyone who doesn't have it.

Just realized no one included a link to the currently ongoing Kickstarter:
kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/rifts-for-savage-worlds/

have you guys even seen what happened with Robotech tactics?

Don't trust Palladium kickstarters

This isn't a Palladium Kickstarter. It's a Pinnacle Kickstarter, and they've *never* had a single problem with their Kickstarters. The company's owner and officers have all gone on record saying the pdfs will be in people's hands by June, and that Siembieda's got no ability to hold up production at this point in the process.

Looks significantly more streamlined than the old Rifts rules.

>the old Rifts rules
which, while a tad combersome, are pertty simple
roll for int
roll d20 to attack
subtrack penetalites
4 or less automatic miss; nat 20 hits
defender can dodge or parry
rinse / repete

Can I dodge energy weapons? I remember that being reconned at some point.

Pretty sure you can, and with some penalties for being really close to the shooter as well.

The writer Sean Patrick Fannon hinted at Dragon hatchlings in the rpg.net thread:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?779756-Savage-Worlds-Rifts-Savage-Rifts!&p=20038479#post20038479

Its a stretch goal now too as of this afternoon.

How durable were you in old RIFTS anyway?

Oh sweet, I just checked it out. I hope it eventually gets to 300k, would like that bigger print Players Guide with all the stretch goals added in.

He must be broke and needed the money from licensing

Depended on what class you were playing. If you were a normal person, it was entirely dependent on your armor--and if you ever got shot by the most common energy weapons out of your armor, you're probably a greasy smear on the floor. If you're any kind of supernatural or magical creature, it ranges from "three good shots puts you down" to "a nuclear blast at ground zero is an inconvenience."

Probably. Palladium's been faltering for a few years now, and there have been some theories that KS is sick or wanting to retire soon.

It's no secret that palladium has been on the verge of bankruptcy for years.

A lawlsuit is a brewin' over the non-delivery of most of Robotech RPG Tactics.

There needs to be more lawsuits over nondelivery of kickscammer shit, honestly

SOMEONE POST THE DAMN MEGA FILE LINK

>rifts thread
>posts street samurai

I used to love Rifts but burned out on the power escalation. I liked the many world books but some did suck. Combat was a real slog. The world was great.

Didn't realize it still had anything going on

The problem is that pretty much everyone has the same accuracy, so the only thing that matters is your mega damage output and your mega damage capacity. There weren't even special effects for most spells.

At least the Savage Worlds version will make it so a high agility character actually has a better chance of hitting a target.

The 109 PA setting is the one big turnoff for me with the kickstarter. I hate Coaliation War era power armor. I'd rather run the campaign in 101 PA and keep the classic SAMAS and Skull Walkers.

Still pissed over that. During the Kickstarter it wasn't being presented as a Ninja Division product licensed from Palladium. Then after the Kickstarter Ninja Division stopped getting mentioned and problems crept in.

RIFTS with a rule set that isn't a broken, top-heavy mess.

Yes please.

To anyone interested to how Rifts will work with Savage Worlds, The Wild Die has a really interesting and detailed interview with the Savage Rifts writer, Sean Patrick Fannon.

thewilddie.podbean.com/e/episode-55-savage-rifts-with-sean-patrick-fannon/