Ops and Tactics Thread: Quest Thread Edition

Congrats to all of the questfags, for getting their own board, nice to see a good decision by moottwo

But, Ops and Tactics Thread!

>What is?

RPG that doesn't have a lot of fluff for you to with it what you will

>Why play?

Kickass Combat system. Kickass Magic/Psionics/invoking-summoning system. Lots of guns. Lots of options.

>Where get?
www.opsandtactics.com

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ops_and_Tactics

>Why make?

Because D20 Modern was a shit game written by shit people. And that would not stand.

Picture Related. It's guns and dice.

Feel free to ask me any questions, complaints, or whatever, and I will definitely respond to them ASAP.

Other urls found in this thread:

opsandtactics.com/download.cfm?dl=36E2458C-81EE-48A8-B6AD-62D0D570778C&disposition=attachment
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_500
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay I gotta ask, what the hell is the thing that has dice spilling out of it and where can I get one?

It's a map case that I turned into a dice holder, that I got at Dragoncon, to match my notebooks/wizardbooks.

You can get one..at dragoncon? I forget who made it

>Not. I'm glad Quest is it's own board now. Time to get back to core Veeky Forums.

S'all good in the hood brother, thanks for making Veeky Forums content and not being a smug cunt.

Keep on keeping on

Also, what's the gun selection like for this game?

>Also, what's the gun selection like for this game?

Pretty good. If you want it, it's either in Armory, in a supply drop, or I can stat it for you right now.

>or I can stat it for you right now.

If it's not too much trouble, I'm particular to Belgian make.

>Belgium
FNC? Statted
FAL? Both versions? Statted.
Hi Power? Both 9mm and .40 S&W? Statted.
FNX AND the FNP? Both statted.

FN MAG? Statted.

All of the major guns from Belgium are statted, in armory.

Caliber does make a difference, it affects both damage and recoil.

>Don't apologize to trolls.

I have no dog in this fight. If people want to argue about quest threads, going both ways, then they can do it.

I just care about good homebrew, Game Design general, and people playing RPGs.

Also guns. Always guns. Have a tiny gun, user.

That's really cool, is there a link or?

>Link

www.opsandtactics.com

Oh, right. I meant a link for the weapon stats in general, but thanks OP

>Oh, right. I meant a link for the weapon stats in general, but thanks OP

This is a link to the armory PDF. All of the stats are in the core rulebook, and armory.

opsandtactics.com/download.cfm?dl=36E2458C-81EE-48A8-B6AD-62D0D570778C&disposition=attachment

Thanks a lot man.

Cheers

fyi, putting quest in the subject line might get you filtered by some anons

No problem.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] for any questions or complaints

I'll bother with that the next time then. No reason to delete and repost my thread.

Awesome, good to see another oats thread found out about it a month ago and am putting a game together. Useing core, modern magicka, and advanced armory. Think shadow run woth only humams and less crunch.

Im right about that right? Looking through the book it seems like an easy system to run. At least combat doesnt seem like a pain in the ass to run.

Oh and also how does formatting spells into a scroll work? It doesnt count towards ML so a mage can write down as many spells as he wants, just using Ml as he releases spells?

>Oh and also how does formatting spells into a scroll work? It doesnt count towards ML so a mage can write down as many spells as he wants, just using Ml as he releases spells?

This is true, however, anyone can release that spell, if they know the power word, so they're not locked in. If someone takes your scrolls, you're kinda fucked.

Oh, I remembered to ask what gun my player wanted but couldn't find
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_500
Combat has a bit of a learning period as you figure out and get used to combat points, but it can flow really nicely if everybody is on top of their book-keeping game.

>Because D20 Modern was a shit game written by shit people. And that would not stand.
So why did you use d20 system for your homebrew again?

>So why did you use d20 system for your homebrew again?

Multiple reasons!

People told me it couldn't be done, and I actually do like the D20 system.

The really funny thing is that there is so little left of the D20 system that it might as well not even be related to d20 anymore. The combat system got COMPLETELY rewritten so it flows better in a more modern campaign/fighting style. It's also far more deadlier.

So I used D20 Becasue I wanted to see if D20 could be made not shit. The answer turned out to be "Yes, but a lot would have to change."

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_500

SUPPLY DROP 1- BIG GUNS!

It's there.

It's also worth mentioning that oats is a 3d6 system now

Gotcha, guess we didn't check that one

Cool. You are seriously dedicated. I was thinking you went with d20 since it is OGL.

It's OGL for legal reasons. I don't want WOTC to come back and be all "OH WELL YOU USED OUR COPYRIGHT" and be dicks.

It used to be creative commons.

So, it wasn't because d20 was a piece of shit system? You were covering your ass in the first place?

What, OGL? I used OGL at one point, but that point was over 3 years ago.

I then swapped it to creative commons. because it was so far from D20, but got some advice that basically said "So they can't sue you, put it under the OGL license again" so I did.

D20 Modern, specifically D20 Modern, is a shit system. It's bad and noone should ever use it. Ops and Tactics was written primarily, to replace it.

Thx guys what are your plans for the oats video game, how much work is still needed. Im very exited.

Thanks for the system ssb always happy to see these threads, as well as hearing there's other people who share a love of ttrpgs and guns. I only wish your defenition of anarchy in AA was a little more optimistic :)

>What, OGL? I used OGL at one point, but that point was over 3 years ago.
I've first read/tried O&T long time ago. It was just 'different flavor of d20' at that point. I'll read the latest version, to see what changed.

>Thx guys what are your plans for the oats video game,

Get a working prototype.

>how much work is still needed. Im very exited.

Literally fucktons. Don't expect shit for YEARS. I'm still learning C#.

>Thanks for the system ssb always happy to see these threads, as well as hearing there's other people who share a love of ttrpgs and guns.

No problem.

>I only wish your defenition of anarchy in AA was a little more optimistic :)

My definition of Anarchy is textbook. It's not a stable form of government.

It's it's own system at that point

To give you the quick rundown on what changed:

Combat
Weapons
Strength and Dexterity
Skills
Feat list, and amounts
Recoil.

I don't know what version you read(if you tell me I can give you specific changes), but it's far from what I posted nearly 5 years ago.

Ops and Tactics 4e Edition 1.02.pdf
This is the latest one I've read.

But the one I was talking about was from years ago.

4th edition was still 1d20.

Go grab 5th edition. That's using 3d6. There are also a lot of minor fixes and such in it.

I grabbed the megazip file. Will read stuff when have time.
Very interested in it, since I've started doing something similar with Dark Heresy.

>My definition of Anarchy is textbook. It's not a stable form of government.

Anarchy means without rulers, from the greeck words that its derived from. But your definition is textbook in most test books.

Also its not a form of government :^)

Sorry to give you a hard time, its really not important. I did want to ask why everything in the advanced arms and armor is so expensive. Kinda hard for any of my players to afford any cybernetics after weapons, armour, and equipment. Is there any rules for wealth points not starting at first level, say they start at lvl 2 do they still role the defuelt wealth points from occupation?

>Is there any rules for wealth points not starting at first level, say they start at lvl 2 do they still role the defuelt wealth points from occupation?

Well that's up to you, as the GM. If you want to give them a few months worth of money, feel free to do that. There's no rules on it because it's one of those "Well I'm the GM and I want you to do this" thing.

God damn i need to stop posting on my phone.

How easy or viable is ops to run on a vtt?

Vtt?

Virtual tabletetop, I'm guessing.
I can't think of anything that would make it particularly well or ill suited for one.

Roll 20 Works.

Maptools works too.