CYOA Thread

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Post post-cyoa

Via Rail
Chemical Tank
Seriously What The Fuck CN Stay On The God Damned Tracks I Swear To Christ

>No multi track drifting option

Can someone please explain the difference between kill order and determination? They seem the same to me.

Determination is you being in control, and you can still be persuaded to not do certain things.

Kill order turns you into a slavering beast with a one-track mind towards completing your task. No mercy, no persuasion, no stopping.

Thank you for answering. Mind if I ask which one you think is better? I personally am leaning towards determination.

Since /cyoag/ is about nothing but fetishes, which one hasn't yet had a cyoa dedicated to it?

tiles

Not a fetish, but classic literature waifus?

quicksand

you could troll that foot-hating user. There hasn't been a foot cyoa.

There's a ton of awful fetishes that don't have CYOAs.

Serious question, are you Harem Creator?

Because if you are, please, for the love of god, stop. I know you're all about trying again and again and again, but this isn't working for you. Just fucking stop.

hey guys making a cyoa

there's going to be items that help you diplomatically solve problems, I need some ideas for them.

Past Life: Behr
Abilities: Intelligence, Fast Adaptations, Improved Vision, Danger Sense, Communication, Culture, Independent Action
Vessel: Pencil
Master: Kuris--I mean, Anna Beck
World: Invasion

Her and I team up to make that greatest weapon I was supposed to make, banish the invading scum.

Reposting from last thread since I never got the chance to post a build for the updated version.

Something that gives you additional minor helpful details when discussing something, making a speech, etc. when you wouldn't have known them before.

Something that helps you understand who will wind up being the leader and the followers when negotiating with or among a group.

I'm wondering if I can take Skala and Body Swap and then not use the body swap until after she finishes her business. More to the point, I wonder if she would be OK with that. Her sister is probably much more important to her than her magic or her body. Still kind of a dick move, but not nearly as much of a dick move as just doing it without really giving anything back.

Otherwise, I want Poppy and I want Pinwheel, but I'm not so sure I should take them together. Poppy's "advanced" magic isn't something I should be encouraging right of the bat. I do wonder however if she can put more power into her miniatures, make them progressively bigger and get them to do useful tasks. It's some pretty versatile magic if you are creative with it.

>Shiba

Sharon+Blending Pinwheel is still absolute bliss

She's nice, but honestly kind of boring. I would gladly fall back on her if there weren't much more interesting options, but there are plenty.

You know a CYOA is well written when you could easily choose half of the options. Sharon Skala Poppy, Karla, Anna and Chele all have their appeal.

Gaaah, I can't pick between Sharon and Nadine. Help convince me?

But imagine. You could travel the world with her helping her hand out sweets on halloween as her twin sister. Eventually the two of you will be synonymous with names like Cupid and Santa Claus. In your downtime you just hang out, eat sweets that will never make you fat or rot your teeth and generally just have a good time. And your immortal. Sounds like a blast imho

Karla and the Malevolent Staff.
I also considered the Bonding Band or the Magic Broom, but this way I've got an excuse to ride on Karla's broom with her.

That's not even a question. Nadine's magic sucks, healing 20x faster still takes hours or days, or is still "never" in case of things that don't heal.

If you just want the tits, you go for karla, if you want the catgirl aspect maybe you can find that same senior witch to help with that. About the only reason you go with Nadine is because you have a lactation fetish.

It's great but it'd use less single-trait-oriented and gimmicky witches.

...and maybe tiny bit more lewdness.

>Karla + Pinwheel
>Become Karla - Cute Loli Version
Seems win/ win to me.

Honestly, most of the magic on this thing suck. They are way too specific and kinda out there and not even in a if you use them creatively you can break the system-way. They are too gimmicky.

Living a comfy life alongside your Witch seems more of the focus here too me.

My point was that Nadine has no appeal at all (outside of the aforementioned fetish). Most of the magic isn't great, and most of what is good is only good for the person using it, but it's still more interesting than slow healing. Better on the day-to-day "comfy life".

Oh, and I don't think Karla would appreciate the pinwheel very much.

>I love it when little girls try to emulate me
Seems to be up her valley.

I was interested in Nadine. I love almond milk, but it's expensive and I end up drinking it all that I never have any for my cereal. Plus I've always wondered what it was like to take a milk bath.

She loves when girls emulate her and boys lust after her. Not when boys emulate her becoming girls who lust after her. She's a straight shota fetish.

I'm sure you could still work things out of course, I just don't think she would be too happy about it.

>please write more fetishes, and write them explicitly! I need it so I can jerk off!!!
Are the threads filled with nothing but sexually repressed and confused teenagers? Is that why girls with penises are so popular?

>no shapeshifting penisgirl

Why do you torment me?

They are actually pretty UNpopular in these threads. There are always a few futafags around, but the vast majority get pissed if you give their girl a dick.

Traps on the other hand...

i don't remember seeing that.

He did mention he might add one with minor shapeshifting magic, but that he's done with it for today. That guy probably expected my repost to be the authors update.

Making CYOAs has never been like this.

You put your ideas legibly on a page, add any pictures you deem necessary and that's it.

>Answering to 'Karla best waifu'
I wonder why we couldn't marry her.
From a lore perspective nothing really speaks against it and from an ingame perspective she has far more noble blood then lucky Anri could ever have.

My first, and only, CYOA was a pick one power with a mystery box. The powers were all extremely powerful, the point in making it was to attempt to balance them all along the highest possible tiers without ultimately making them all the same thing.

Where does this fit in on yours? Somewhere between serious and shitpost I would guess. Keep in mind this was many years ago and not on Veeky Forums

>Skala
>Magic Broom
Magic broom will provide me an additional activity to partake with skala.
Skala's the only one to have a set goal and it might be interesting to follow it to fulfilment, it might become an adventure.

Aether needs Orichalcum
Though nigh an workable it does provide a number of uses, especially in extremely heat-intense or stressfull places of machinery
Also, maybe, mana shards, able to power Orichalcum-based machinery for years

Lyonesse has similar hard alloys and does have power cores, which are much more compatible with other things when compared to mana shards and also very valuable flight engines, that have a high output and can make even things that aren't remotely aerodynamic and heavy fly.

Qlippoth might be a place from where you could transport some pet horrors.

Jötun also has many little trinkets that might be interesting to other conduits...

Also the Glass deserts glass is beautiful and durable

Just the usual can't pick anything but the immortality option (e-tank). Avatar would be next.

I feel like this thing needs to be organized into tiers. I just can't muster the autism to do it right now.

Have some n00b OC

anyone got that girlfriend CYOA?

I remember some of the choices, the bottom right one was named Katya and was a hardcore Christian, I think one of the girls was a LoLpeasant that streamed it, one had experience in sex and wanted to guide virgins through the motions.

there was also this hardcore right wing gun nut girl near the bottom.

Restart: So if you take this power in a few weeks you'll be powerless due to running out of choices to take?

Also...where is part twooooooo!

>any power apart from the one you just lost.

So you can switch between two powers indefinitely, you just cant use the same one twice in a row.

>power named metal man
>not using the metal man sprite

Blood Brother
Efficiency
Limit Break

Blood brother for shapeshifting-based immortality. Limit break+efficiency makes anything you do infinitely better.

my, you're awfully cranky.

>powers combine and interact in whatever way you want to interpret
Healthy Living + Efficient
I can heal 20 people per strawberry, plus the act of healing is 20 times as efficient.

Eat shit, transhumanists. I just cured death for everyone through CYOA powers.

And I guess Basic Upgrade so I'm less likely to die of a sudden accident, even if I don't have any strawberries handy.

Since it's open to interpretation, Limit Break + Efficiency creates a feedback loop. Limit Break raises the power of efficiency, which raises the power/duration of limit break. Ultimately this allows you to limit break forever.

Basic Upgrade
Blood Brother
Multiply

i shall spend my life having orgies with myself

I'm liking this so here's a critique:

The probability power is poorly-worded, a common error with a trivial solution. Include a caveat that the action must be something you could naturally accomplish. Otherwise you could "attempt to punch the world in half" and it would succeed, or "give yourself godhood".

The Limit Break power needs some serious spiel to define what counts as a "limit". For instance, the strawberry power. Is the limit the need to eat a strawberry? Could you eat anything and gain a heal? Or would one strawberry grant infinite heals? Or could you just infinite heal without eating anything? Basic upgrade doesn't seem to have any limits so would it be unaffected? The fact that some abilities may be unaffected should be acknowledge in the wording: "any other powers with limitations have them ignored".

Efficiency is an unusual name for a power than amplifies the end product rather than the process. A 10x more efficient punch just sounds less exhausting or taxing in terms of coordination and motor control, which would naturally allow for more strength - but not 10x strength. The wages example is just strange and feels more like luck manipulation - it just so happens that giving yourself super wages plays out to have no negative consequences. If so, this ability is considerably stronger than its peers.

Enjoy refining this, it's a good cyoa. I'd choose The Noble Path, Multiply and Tech Head. (btw, there's an easier way to word Multiply - "you may have up to five physical prescences, sharing a consciousness")

I can do even better than that.

Take "Reset". Select Limit Break as your first power and use it at the end of the day. This removes the limits on Reset, allowing you to select all the powers at once forever.

Also, my mega-intelligence through Basic Upgrade means I can formulate a way to frame "not eating shit" as a disease, and I can heal anyone I want of it.

So I can craft the perfect global society by ensuring that anyone in power who steps out of line is suddenly gobbling down a huge barrel of diarrhea.

Also I'd include expand the nation definition given in The Noble Path as a "morally universalistic and rational" body of laws. It's possible for a very selfish/elitist/particularist nation to have very rational rules that serve this morality, but we clearly don't have that in mind.

If you're just afraid of a violent/disease death the Noble Path seems more of a fit as it directly prevents this, unless you're planning on being a criminill.

>been here for years
I find it beautiful that new authors come and go, but those who never make anything stay forever.

So, I'm interested but... Man this is pretty niche cyoa. So I take a conduit build and then figure out a business and then... Work out how many points I could get from that business and then multiply those points to see the amount of money I would have and then spend that money on things? I'm a little unclear on the actual point adding part. This could possibly do with an extra little box that clarifies this for dinguses like myself?

So my main build is spread pretty thinly between Crucible, Bevin and Gesmene... Not a whole lot of business power there... But screw it, lets see what I can think of.

Uh... I guess. Crucible Fight Club? Utilize the unique nature of Crucible to carve out a little area where people can kill each other with almost no consequence? I'm kind of stuck though as I really don't know how to figure out how many points I have. Am I just a total derp?
This is absolutely a niche market idea and considering the not super ideal spread of points I have it's probably low cost but I really don't know what perks could be called what or even which... Am I meant to look at that table and only workout points from perks related to the business I make or what? And I really have no idea what perks would actually be turned into points, It could be argued that almost every perk I have is worth a point but that feels extra cheap... I just don't know where the line is or what to do here.

Could the creator or another user give me a hand here and let me know what they think?

Tech Head
Efficiency
Limit Break

So, once per year I have an hour where I can turn single scraps of metal into literally anything. Aside from that, I can still make anything humanity can make out of 1/10th the materials and sell them for 10x the price. Sounds fucking amazing.

>If you're just afraid of a violent/disease death
I'm not preventing just my own death, or just one kind of death.

I'm curing humanity of death, period. The ultimate problem, solved. All I have to do is eat some strawberries.

Scientists can breed strawberries that provide optimal nutrition, or zero calories, or variable flavors, or whatever helps me do this most efficiently.

I could also "heal" pregnant women to ensure that we don't overpopulate the planet too fast.

It's like if Harry Potter met science, or something.

There's stretching a definition, and then there's grabbing it, tying half of it to a stone column, and tying the other half to a rocket about to take off into space.

There's criticizing someone, and then there's invoking the wrath of someone who can cure you of your lack of gobbling turds 24/7.

>Take "Reset". Select Limit Break as your first power and use it at the end of the day. This removes the limits on Reset, allowing you to select all the powers at once forever.
You wouldn't need to wait until the end of the day either (since that's basically a limit, and is thus broken with Limit Break). Also, you could choose Limit Break twice and use them both to break each other, resulting in you having all the powers without limits at all times.

>Magical Realm
>The Noble Path
>Basic Upgrade

Fresh conduit:
Extra world (18)
Earth:
Tongues (17)
Easy passage (13)
Aether:
Tower (12)
Outpost (11)
Engel Arch (10)
Cathedral (9)
Infusion (8)
Orichalcum (6)
Phaeron (extra world):
Unwaken (5)
Indoctrinate (4)
Mesmerize (2)
Unwelcome guest (0)

Orichalcum would be of interest to other companies that want to make useful stuff out of it. So it should be low cost product for a niche market.

Tongues allows me to sell it to more people. +1
Outpost helps in the production of mana +1
Cathedral helps in the production of mana +1
Indoctrinate helps me advertise +1
Revenue = 4 x 20 = 80.
One portal station in my outpost. (70)
-Cargo Station (79)
Armored train, just to be sure (74)

Kingdom (44) in Gesmene
Trains (42)
Life-force x2 (32) for myself and any companion
Reshape x2 (30)
Power (20)
Palace x4 (4)
Garden x4 (0), a second home in Rorch

It's a CYOA dependent on your own interpretation so where the line is literally just about how cheap you're willing to be.

>Basic Upgrade
>no one can steal, manipulate or copy your powers

Thank you.

In essence every 24 hours you have to pick a new power, can be any apart from the one you just had so you could do: Bird Man, Metal Man, Bird Man.

In progress, it's on word just got to put it onto paint. Wanted to test the waters first.

10 people per Strawberry, but otherwise yes.

Cool, thanks.
I'm thinking of nerfing Limit Break but not too much as everyone seems to have fun with it. Probably going to rename Efficiency

You have a point. I tried to make it so that it was 'You're safe as long as you're not a cunt'

Err... you're welcome?

>You have a point. I tried to make it so that it was 'You're safe as long as you're not a cunt'

>Take Limit Breaker
>'You're safe'.
Welp nice one but I'm immortal now sorry.

For one hour per year. Have fun with your mini-purge.

Frankly, not marrying her is a good thing.

Depends on what you want to do. When you get to the point where Kill Order is available, the mission is to resist and lift the people as they despise you.

For that purpose, you can't question whether or not what you do is right or wrong. Therefore, making it so that you can't might be a better plan.

Honestly, I'd rather just have a good character first, then worry about their crotch later. Doesn't matter how many dicks you put on a busty lady: a shit character is shit.

Efficiency, Multiply, Blood Brother.
I have one me that works and makes a bunch of money. One that stays home to take care of the family. One that takes classes and learns really fast. And a two man team that seduces/mugs people to get some of their blood.

Technical question about blood brother. If one clone drink the blood, do they all gain that transformation? Also, are you protected from blood born diseases?

Nearly done with a CYOA, having a difficult time figuring out how many allies you should get.
There are two categories/types of allies, 16 in category one and 8 in the other, so I figured 2-3 of category 1 and 2 of category 2.
Yes no maybe so?
That is not the most common opinion, at least not from the replies I've seen to CYOAs.
Fetishes > waifus > companions >> everything else.

sure

>bashing my favorite author

>fetishes>waifus>companions

There should be no difference between waifus and companions. What might be a waifu for someone, might be a companion for others, and vice versa.

There's nothing worse than seeing best girl is a companion. Don't make a cyoa friendzone me. not again :^(

cant tell if troll

In addition to what said, excluding fetishes from a person's description should make it so that they could be thought of as having whatever fetish the reader does, thus enabling them to choose companions they otherwise might've excluded based on said companion's listed fetish(es).

>they could be thought of as having whatever fetish the reader does,
that's boring as shit, though
Might as well say "she is a 10/10 to you" or "she has all your hobbies".
She is no longer a person, just almost a person which you have to blow life into.

Why would I troll? Aoi is best girl forever and always.

Hi I would like to order grilled chicken, O.R. bites and some green beans