Dawn if Worlds Redeus

>Basic Rules
clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf

Last thread floundered, so I'm going to attempt to revive it by setting out some rules up front.

Actions happen on first-come, first-serve basis. The first thing that's posted happens first.

If there's a conflict, the second poster has 10 minutes to take their post back; otherwise, anyone not involved can arbitrate the results.

One round happens each hour. If a player doesn't post by the end of the hour, his action is lost (but power gain isn't).

Ignore the rules granting bonus power for having 5 or less at the end of a round.

Double the number of rounds before an age change is possible. Counting for the first round begins only once we have three players.

New players can drop in at any time, and get 12 power (instead of rolling). Old players can declare their god 'dead', and give their power/holdings to others.

Submit your god like this:
>God's name
>Domain (Sky, Dragons etc.)
>DnD alignemtn (LG, CN, NE etc.)
>Positive things you inspire
>Negative things you inspire
Also, the more pictures the better.

I shall be playing as well, as a "primordial will" sort of deal.
>Name: Eae
>Domain: Chaos/Order
>Alignment: LG/CE
>Philosophy, Philanthropy, Organization
>Solipsism, Misanthropy, Duplicity

Don't worry, I'm more interested in making the world rich and interesting than taking control of it myself.

Starting the world...

>First there was nothing.
>Only an endless sea of possibility.
>Eae raised land from the sea, then frowned.
>The world was too simple, lacking complexity.
>To truly breath life into the world, Eae needed others.
>Peers.
>Soon they would come.
>Thier wills would conflict.
>Their conflict would sow discord.
>Within the discord, complexity will arise.
>Within the complexity, order will flourish.
>Eae resolved to wait patienty.

I'll be starting myself off with 0 power, and won't start generating more until another player arrives.

>The Red Lady
>Domain: War
>Alignment: CN
>Positive Aspects: Valor, Courage, Strength
>Negative Aspects: Bloodlust, Zealotry, Rage

Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

For your convenience.

>The Red Lady came upon the world, to her a great beast to conquer.
>She urged earth from the sea,and from that, great mountains.
>Then, she struck her blade into the earth, carving a mighty river that ran to the sea.
>Thus began her conquest.

Hm... I forsee a lot of high-power actions in the game's future. We may need to expand the world a bit...

For the first round, you can automatically take the maximum roll.

Was that change in cost errata, or the old OP's ruling? I'm not sure I want to keep it...

Rolled 6, 3 = 9 (2d6)

Round 0:
>Eae separated land from sea.
>Eae meditated.
Round 1:
>The Red Lady arrived.
>The Red Lady shaped land in the northwest.
Round 2 has begun.
>Eae awoke.

(By the way, that default color is temperate wasteland.)

It was the old OP's ruling. I think it would help the game move quicker.

I'm just worried it might go TOO fast, given the one round every hour pace and double-length ages.

I suppose we can leave it in for now, until it gets abused at least.

>Eae perceived the newcomer.
>Violent.
>Turbulent.
>Discordant.
>Unusual for a mother of the world.
>Unusual, but perhaps fitting.
>Eae decided to support her project, adding the start of a graceful curve in the lands...

Forgot to link things through here...

Rolled 3, 3 = 6 (2d6)

>The Divine Pilgrim
>Worship
>NG
>humility,belief, art
>self hatred, zealotry, hermits

dangit photo smol

Rolled 5, 2 = 7 (2d6)

Okay, so I'm going to make a few rulings here:

>Shape Land and Shape Climate both cost 1 in the 1st age.

>If you use Shape Land, you can do anything you want with the tile's terrain, including sculpting mountains and rivers, at no extra cost.

>One exception is that you must spend an extra point to make a "special feature" like a *really tall* mountain or volcano, or to put special resources or ore in the hex.

>Land raised from the ocean has to be wasteland, desert, tundra, etc. Shape land can also change the climate to any of the above (as a consequence of the massive upheaval).

>Shape Climate can also introduce or eliminate specific species of flora and fauna in an area.

>It'll cost an extra point if you want to make something huge, like dragons. (Anything on the level of DF Megabeasts.)

Could everyone keep a record of how much power the spent and have left over after their actions, please?

Round 2:
>Eae awoke.
>Eae shaped land in the west.
>The Divine Pilgrim arrived.
Round 3 has begun.

>The Red Lady looked upon what she'd wrought, surprised another god intervened, linking her realm to others and furthering her conquest
>However, for her contest to come to fruition, the lady realized that she needed an army. A living army.
>Therefore, she shed her blood across the lands, making it fertile, so that life could spring forth. Life that would serve her in her conquest.

Going to count everyone's power quickly here...

Can we still submit Gods?

>Can we still submit Gods?
Yes. I wrote a line about this in the OP:
>New players can drop in at any time, and get 12 power (instead of rolling).

(Speaking of rolling, I can't seem to roll for some reason?)

Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d6)

Hm... I think I've got it...

Okay, everyone's power levels adjusted for my recent ruling:

Eae: 10
Red Lady: 10+2d6
Divine Pilgrim: 12+2d6

my fair Red Lady, lover of war, glory upon you and upon your conquests. Thank you for this land upon which much shall grow. I humbly request that you follow the turn order, upon which our Godly actions shall be based, in which I am regrettably before you. praise be to the Over God EAE.
Great OverGod, who made the first division, forgive my misunderstanding. thank be to your pious rules, but I ask you this question: have I not already rolled these additional dice ( )? Glory be to your grace.

Rolled 5, 6 = 11 (2d6)

Glad to see this is starting up again. I'm going to change up some seeing as "Endings" is a somewhat limited purview

>Yhol of the Seven Keys
>Domain: Knowledge (esp. Secrets)
>Alignment: CN
>Positive: Inquisitiveness, Innovation, Scholarship, Understanding
>Negative: Obsession, Paranoia, Invasion of privacy, and hoarding of knowledge

I must make an amendment upon my first prayer. The Red Lady, praise Her magnificence, may, if She wishes, allow her actions continued existence. Her violation of the rules OverGod EAE has placed upon us matters not to me in the presence of Her divine radiance.

If you want to keep those dice, you may. The only reason I discounted them is because they were technically rolled five minutes before they were supposed to.

Also, as stated in OP, actions happen in whatever order they are posted. This is to keep things moving, so that we don't have to hang up on any individual player.

Not to devalue your good roll, but you should automatically get 12 power for free on your first turn.

Ah, should have payed more attention. It figures that the one time I've managed to roll well is when it doesn't matter.

Everyone's going to have tons of power built up soon if nobody posts more actions. I might have to slow down the flow of power to 1d6 an hour...

Also, with the addition of the third player, the age clock has been started. On round 13 (1:00 AM EST) the age may advance by majority vote; on round 23 (11:00 AM EST) it may advance with one vote.

So is there no turn order? Just go whenever?

>So is there no turn order? Just go whenever?
Yep.

I figure that'll help keep things going, and provide incentive for people to come back often.

If this doesn't work out, we can always try again tomorrow.

thanks be to OverGod EAE and their mercy.

I Shall look upon the True Center of EAE's world and declare it Holy Ground. and I shall look to the west and raise Forests filled with Idols, Mystery, and Local Gods, vassals of Her greatness, The Red Lady.

In my forgetful haste I have forgotten the Map. Praise be to OverGod EAE

>thanks be to OverGod EAE and their mercy.
>I Shall look upon the True Center of EAE's world and declare it Holy Ground. and I shall look to the west and raise Forests filled with Idols, Mystery, and Local Gods, vassals of Her greatness, The Red Lady.
The true center is a cluster of three hexes near the center of the map. Feel free to use use Shape Climate (cost 1/hex) to give them a "Holy" biome.

Oh you already did that, heh.

(Assuming you took that roll earlier...)
12 + 7 = 19
19 - 7*1 = 12

You've got 12 power left over still.

Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d6)

This is understood, Great OverGod. It appears a new round has begun (2:03 PM right now for me) so I shall roll in accordance with your pious rulings.

>Yhol walks in cautious wonder through this world, looking upon the handiwork of his siblings and peers
>So much to learn, so much yet to understand
>To aid his studies, Yhol deigns to build a place where the very land will record his findings.
>With a strike of his gnarled cane on the ground, the surface of the barrens trembles and cracks race along the ground, the fissures forming complex glyphs and maze-like patterns
>Another rap upon the ground, and the earth heaves and buckles upwards, twisting into a great rock spire, it's peak leaking bright, sulpherous flame to signal others to this bastion of learning.

Let's see... That's three shape earths + 1 special feature, right? So you've used four power, and have 8 + 2d6 left over.

Why not sculpt something on the east side? It's looking rather bare.

Rolled 2, 4 = 6 (2d6)

Here's more or less what I'm picturing for the sulphur fires on the spire.

Rolled 4, 2 + 10 = 16 (2d6 + 10)

While it is well within the power of gods to raise a race of mortals, I would not think it wise to leave them to inherit such a barren land. In this vein, the FOREST OF GODS shall spread across the world, along with a Fertile Land for the mortal races to cultivate. I shall also create an Idol in which I shall dwell, whilst paradoxically living on high.

again with my foolishness

Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d6)

Round 3
>The Red Lady fertilized lands in the northwest with her blood.
>Yhol arrived.
>The Divine Pilgrim consecrated the lands in the center.
>The Divine Pilgrim raised forests in the Northwest.
Round 4 has begun.
>Yhol Shaped Earth in the west.

Power:
Eae: 10+2d6
Red Lady: 16+2d6 (never rolled for Round 3)
Divine Pilgrim: 22
Yhol: 14

I've decided to keep the (probably ridiculously high) rate of power gain where it is, for now at least. We can always start a new thread next week.

Okay, I count 18 Shape Climates and 1 special feature. That's 19, leaving you with 3 power left.

>The Red Lady, displeased that another god is encroaching on her lands, drives her blade into the ground, urging a great volcano from the earth, which erupted, destroying the forest around it (Catastrophe -10_
>Meanwhile, she expanded her own fertile land (Shape Land -3)
>Final Count: 3

Forgot the pic

Don't worry, I've got the merging covered.

>Eae stirred.
>Mysterious Monoliths appeared.

Rolled 2, 3 + 3 = 8 (2d6 + 3)

Oh, we rolled for more points already? Okay, consider that my Round 4 move

>A facinating display of divine agression and geoccultic activity! The research this may yield is fascinating. However, the destruction of such vast amounts of botanical diversity is tragic.
>Yhol shapes the earth of one of the eastern islands, and from his notes recreates the lost flora in isolation, hopefully beyond his crimson cousin's wrath

You don't need to use a Catastrophe merely to change the land back to barrens, simply use Shape Land and/or Climate.

my great Lady, you are magnificent in your splendor. I thank you for not striking me dead in righteous fury. forgive me for this, but my humble mind does not think it wise that you have just destroyed a quarter of Your Own Vassal's land. I made that forest filled with local gods who swear fealty to you. I am sure your reasons are great and mighty, but your wisdom has confounded my mind.

Merged maps.

This is a bit hectic, but let's try to keep it up as long as we can.

Oh, okay. In that case, since I made a large new landscape feature, that only expends 2 points, leaving me with 16 points.

What would the creation of non-sentient life cost? or is it just assumed to already exist?

I'm going to have to leave for a while; I'll come back later tonight. Until then, Eae is resting.

Maybe you guys can have a the first civ made by then.

Right.

>Ash flowed from the volcano, into the ocean. Meanwhile, the mountain range expanded...

>What would the creation of non-sentient life cost? or is it just assumed to already exist?
You can make nonsentients any time you use shape climate.

Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

New round, yeah? Here's hoping for enough to do something cool

>The Red Lady chooses to stay uninvolved in this round to store power.

Oh Great OverGod EAE, I thank you for your holy participation. farewell.
Holy and knowledgable Yhol, Lord in His tower, The words you speak are truth

Rolled 5, 3 + 16 = 24 (2d6 + 16)

Rolled 2, 3 + 3 = 8 (2d6 + 3)

rolling

Never mind, I'm going to do something this turn

>The Red Lady sees all the fertile, arable land of this world, and so she discerned that it was time. The creatures that would compose her legions would be born in this land. And so, humankind was born, spreading out all across the fertile lands of the west. (Create Race, -22)
>Power Left: 2

Secaregis
Domain: Earth
DnD Alignment: True Neutral
Positive: Metal Forging, Physical Prowess, Shielding the weak, Stability, Technological Growth
Negative: Warfare, Entropy of the sea, Earthquakes
Appearance: Pic related, but with a rocky exoskeleton and a mountain upon its back.

>From atop his spire, eyeless Yhol watches. The world is changing, faster than even he can study it, and soon he will need others to watch in his stead.
>an idea strikes him, and with a stirring of the fires of his tower are born his first servitors.

>Blithe, mindless beasts they are yet, but they are an but a a stepping stone, an inkling for what is yet to come .Soon they will alight all along the Spire, warding away the fledgling men who with whom the god is not yet willing to share his trove of knowledge

(Shape climate:1)

Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

Deep inside the earth awakens a god. The earth trembles as new land arises and spires of rock and ores appear.

Rolled 5, 2 = 7 (2d6)

Whisacred
Love
TN
Romance, Settling Down, Peace
Lust, Polygamy

Hey guys. Good to see you made it to the new thread. You should know that you don't roll for power the first turn you come in, though. You just start with 12 automatically.

holy are you, Red Lady, creator of man. I dub these men you have made with the True Name of "PIOUS". (because you forgot to state their starting alignment (+1, 0, -1) I am going to give them a starting alignment of +1. because this is their starting alignment, I hope it doesn't cost anything. otherwise this is purify, so it costs 5).

I shall create/elaborate upon the nature of Local Gods. Local Gods are unlike Deities such as us. They are creatures of flesh and blood who are entwined with the land in their domain. they generally take the form of animals, though some now take the form of humans. they are not humans nor the animals they appear to be. They have small powers and are not completely sentient. They have about the intelligence of a cat. Most of the local gods in the north west corner are loyal to her beauty and radiance, The Red Lady.

and with that, I go dormant with either 2, 3, 7, or eight depending on if I need to pay for the purify and/or creating local gods. Peace be with you, Praise OverGod EAE.

Probably too late to join but I'll post anyways. Glad this game is still going on.
>God's name
Efius (ee-fai-us)
>Domain
Festivals
>DnD alignment
Chaotic good
>Positive things you inspire
Live life to the fullness, bring riches to all, create a culture that will last many of generations
>Negative things you inspire
Debauchery is a virtue, never think of the consequences, and think too highly of yourself.

Definitely not too late to join. Not too much has happened yet

Can we fully change other peoples races

I don't think so, but you can create a subrace that can probably be pretty different.

Aw man, I wanted to do a complete upgrade for one because human is boring as shit

Well EAE has left us for the moment, but I think we could probably decide amongst ourselves whether something is justifiably a subrace of mankind

Well, that was the fifth round of Age 1, we could change to Age 2, where races will be much easier to create, if we all agree to end Age 1.

I wouldn't be averse, but we should be sure to get any shaping of the land and climate down before the end of the age.

No thanks.

Rolled 3, 1 + 2 = 6 (2d6 + 2)

>"The vote must be unanimous, Jor-El."
Alright then, we'll continue Age 1. What's the turn order again?

No turn order. Just do whatever you have power to do, and actions are first come, first served

Rolled 6, 5 = 11 (2d6)

Should I roll?

Rolled 2, 1 + 18 = 21 (2d6 + 18)

Yeah.

Rolled 2, 5 = 7 (2d6)

Rolled 4, 3 = 7 (2d6)

Probably gonna skip this turn

Good god, the dice seem to hate me.
>Yhol bides his time, observing the actions of his newfound kin through wary and curious eye(horn)s

>The Red Lady, watching her people turn their back on their creator, broods in her fiery fortress atop the great volcano. She would not surrender what was rightfully hers to the Prophet, but she needed time to gain her strength. Until the time was right, she would wait...

Slow and steady, Secaregis watches the landscape, waiting for the others to act.

Actually, I will do something.

>Yhol gazes upon the race of man, and sees potential. However, they may be improved if they are to serve his schemes.
>He calls to a small number of the children of the Lady, whose as of yet empty minds burn with curiosity. Heeding his call, they make a sojourn to the base of the spire
>Yhol greets them in person, bearing the flame of knowledge in one hand, the dust of ignorance in the other. One by one he uses these tools to reshape the humans, now humans no more.

>Nearly doubled in height, with skin like the stone of the Spire itself. On their hearts and their brows, they bare graven marks that mirror those found in the Mazelands. These marks will grow and shift as they age, recording all they see and hear so they may serve as living testaments and records.

>From one eye bursts a bony, twisted horn, in the image of their patron, while the other grows pale and wise, a direct conduit to Yhol himself.

>Yhol calls these new beings the Students, for students he will make them. He gathers them in his library-fortress atop the Spire, and instructs them of the eldest secrets, of the ancient tongues and primal glyphs. Here he teaches them those two most illustrious arts: Scholarship and Magic. They become his chosen, his Keepers of the First Gate.

>Half of this number he keeps to further their tutelage, and the other half he dispatches to return home, and to disseminate wisdom and knowledge, and to study their homeland to further his own.

(Create Subrace 12, Create order 8)

Remaining power 1

Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d6)

I awake.

Rolling. I will assume that my power is 3.

Lady of war, great duchess of discord, who is this prophet? Is it I? If it is, then great is your mercy for blood flows through my veins instead of across the heavens. However, I have not stolen your flock. they are simply more pious by my action. they worship you more fervently, as they do other gods

Okay, so, has everybody gone? Who wants to continue Age 1?

Rolled 5, 2 + 1 = 8 (2d6 + 1)

I wouldn't mind advancing the age, but most of the newer gods haven't really done anything (if anything at all), so I'd like to give them a chance to reshape the world a bit

Rolled 6, 4 = 10 (2d6)

>The Lady smiles.
>"Pilgrim" she speaks "you have my thanks. My legion is now filled with zeal and fervor, willing to do whatever I command them."
>"You have the power to inspire these feelings in mortals. Perhaps you and I could be strong allies..."

Rolled 4, 2 + 6 = 12 (2d6 + 6)

>The Lady leers at Yhol, as he twists her legion into huge, misshapen wretches.
>The Lady does not take kindly to having what is hers stolen and defiled...

So I believe I currently have 27 points.
Lady, if you ask me, I think humans are a bit boring. Let's make things a bit more...interesting, shall we?
-8 Create Subrace
A small colony of human's bones suddenly twist and reshape themselves, growing over their old skin and flesh, leaving what appears to be knights of bone.