Total Warhammer: Chaos is now Free-LC

Looks like CA finally got a brain and decided to make Chaos free. Here's the catch though, it's only free if you buy the game within the first week of release. Thoughts on this?

youtube.com/watch?v=3EIkvHD7MU8

That's fantastic. The further they move away from preorder exclusivity, the better.

Personally I'm still wary. I tend to wait until at least a week to buy a game to see reviews about it and how many bugs were found.

>"Flying dwarfs! A beautiful sight!"
I like this girl.

There goes all hope of followup DLC armies.

>implying the extra armies aren't ready
>implying they are not holding back for maximum profit

Nigga, there is still 2 warhammer game left, and they announced they will give faction as FLC or DLC

End Times and Age of Sigmar expansions confirmed!

They already this isn't the main timeline so no Shitmar.

They just intend to expand on the existing game until it encompasses all of the Warhammer World.

Just buy it, get your Chaos download within the window, and hold off on playing it. If it turns out to be horrible you can always get a Steam refund

I'm just gonna wait like 6 or so days before buying it after release. Plenty of time to hear if it sucks ass or has rome 2 level bugs

They already confirmed that Brettonia is also going to be playable, albeit for multiplayer only right now.

to be fair this is not Rome/Attila. Making new armies in this game will be a lot harder fo the game developers.

Pretty sure it's also custom battles

So I get nothing for preorder now? Awww.

>probably waiting until the sequel for all the armies I like

Fucking kill me.

You got taught a valuable lesson about preordering games.

I just wanna burn down the empire as a herd of beastmen.

You'll get your chance. Just I will get my chance to put the lesser creatures in their place as the Dark Elves.

TOMB KANGS WHEN

I eagerly await Lizardmen as well.

Probably the Second Expansion. Think the first is Lustria and the rest of the West, with Araby, Khemri, and the Southlands being second.

OGRE KINGDOMS WHEN

I'm excited for lizards too but seriously I want muh ogres.

Much better. That at least allows some reviews to trickle out to avoid Rome 2 tier shit.

We will literally be last and if we're not I'll dance naked in the street.

If beastmen aren't the last army added i'll shit my pants

>all of Warhammer World.
Oh fuck yes, Ogre Kingdoms!

Near last, but not last from what I had heard. At least, not if they make the full 3 expansions instead of just 2.

I have just wanted a GOOD fantasy grand strategy for ages. The closest i've had is Dominions.

If this game is even halfway decent I will love the shit out of it. Are there any other fantasy grand strategies?

Gibe Kislev plx

>Dark elves nude mods

Try age of wonders 3 m8

That's 4x

So what happens if I buy the game in the first week, download the Chaos Warriors and then get a refund from Steam to maybe rebuy the game at a later point, when it is clear if it works as intended? Does the FLC stay?

Yes, what you don't have for free yet is campaign, for obvious reasons.

As far as I know, they will make 3 games, including this first one. So 2 "expansions". Still enough for tomb kings or whatever. There's like 15 factions in warhammer factions, if we don't count irrlevant stuff like slav hipsters claiming for Kislev. 3 x 4 is 12, which is more than enough considering we will get a lot of DLC packs before the two big expansions are even released (expect the wood elves soon if the company is good at marketing).

Kiselv, and Tilea are present in game as NPC factions already. Odds are someone will mod them to be playable before the second expansion.

Not too surprising. Word is they wanted to make Chaos free-LC but some asshat at Sega shot that idea down.

>If you’ve already pre-ordered then of course you still get the bonus, but by extending the free period deadline by a week past launch, we can make sure more people who don’t feel like pre-ordering don’t miss out while at the same time we still get to reward early adopters, whose support is so valuable to us.

>Retailers who are currently supporting the pre-order will continue offering the DLC for free into the first week, with the free period coming to an end at 18:00 BST on the 31st May.

Damn, I don't think m PC is going to be capable of running this game well.

>Kiselv, and Tilea are present in game as NPC factions already.

But we're yet to see how unique they are. They might well be empire/bretonia clones with some pikes/bears until they make the obvious human nations DLC.

Yeah but they are also a human faction. CA seems to experienced at churning out a fazillion factions in their total war games with many different units and appearances for each faction with relative speed...provided they are human. So we'll see.

>there are still beastmen players.

I always buy the previous total war game when a new one comes out. It's cheap, it's fixed all the bugs, and you can often get all the DLC bundled for a fraction of the price. This one's going to be no different.

>tfw I was thinking of getting into fantasy with beastmen back in 2003

>no lizardmen
>no skaven
>no ogres
>no elves

no sale

You do realize it was never a pre-order exclusive right?

Every time I see these threads someone says exclusive and the only place I've seen it are threads on Veeky Forums and /v/

Originally it was a pre-order bonus meaning pre-order and get it free or pay like 5 bucks later.

>Ever faction got a cinematic trailer to show off their goals and personality
>yfw Tomb King trailer will just be Nekaph walking up to the gates of a human city and doing his schtick with cutaways to cool bits of Nehekhara and the undead legions crushing everyone else.

So if I play as The Empire I get to start as a single province? Of my choosing?

Rolled 12 (1d100)

HOL UP

no, u always start at reikland

oh...

>Literally 0 factions I want to play as in the base game
I'll stick to either my Medieval II mod or playing Crusader Kings 2 mod.

>mfw spent two hundred dollars on Bret figures a year before AoS.
>to add to my near two thousand dollar bret army

Beastmen are super lame except as part of Chaos undivided, and always have been. Same with Daemons as a separate army. Chaos is cool as a horde of diverse and colorful units. It is mindnumbingly boring as an army of one particular component.

Also, not hyped about this. TW games get more and more half assed every release. They haven't even had free for all multiplayer deathmatch since Medieval 2.

Maybe it's a limitation with the warscape engine they seem adamant about using despite it's proven shittiness.

Yeah I really wanted a Skaven army in game. I dunno why but they are just so much fun to kill.

I'll buy it six months down the track when those lazy fucks have gotten around to removing all of the game breaking bugs that will be present and it will all be on sale for 50% off.

So are we gonna play Azhag or Grimgor for the Greenskin race?

>mods
>denuvo

The games using denuvo? since when?

old news, yes

A bit later the release delay apparently, the hypothesis running around is that denuvo is the reason for the delay.

Sadly, denuvo is confirmed, how difficult it will be to mod now it's unknown and even before there wasn't certainty it would be easy or possible either.

Yeah, but who is the focus?

I mean like how Empire's main hero is Karl Franz, and Vampire Counts is Mannfred. Which one is 'us' essentially?

All of them. You pick a lord to start(azagh or grimgor, mannfred or kemmler) and you recruit the other ones as you go along

you start the campaign with one legendary lord, but in time the second one appears as well

I like having the armies separated because then it means that each piece can hopefully get adequate attention.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Warriors who got most of the attention when they were all one big army.

grimgor got featured in the greenskins' trailer, so I guess it's him, but then again there was kholek in the chaos one when there should logically be archaon I guess.

I liked chaos when it was three armies that you could combne. I got into beast MN because I liked my ramshackle, chariot riding goat rapists plus I had a friend who did daemons so we could mix and max etc

>Tfw your first army was dogs of war
>THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK

Is there a way to only get custom and multiplayer battles? I actually don't give a shit about the campaign, I can spend years playing around in custom. feel like it would be a waste to buy the whole game if I'm only going to be focused on 10% of it

I think that is only because of the first two hero-lords being who they are.

I imagine as they release more it will expand, like a Taalite high priest from Talabecland or an Ulricite high priest from Middenland, etc.

Lots of room to expand.

Well, that sucks. Reikland has a pretty shitty colour scheme.

No

You realize they announced Bretonnia as a free DLC in the future, yes?

there said the files would have the same struckture as attilia or rome and be open.

Grimgor is obviously the main leader of the Greenskins since Azhag got got, and Grimgor goes on to fuck shit up.

Say what you want, i think wer're getting a new era of DLCs

The signs are all there, I figure this practise of giving DLCs free for a short amout of time will become the norm if it turns out profitable enough

>WHFB
-> >

If it's only free if you meet a condition then it's not fucking free.

Fuck games that do this.

No Dark Elves, no buy

> Bretonnia gets into the game before *any* of the Elven factions

Whaddya know, I guess Dwarfs really are the superior race.

>2016
>Warhammer Fantasy
Seriously?

I'm still waiting for Wood Elves

> "WFB shitposters are ruining AoS threads, just move on!"
> AoS go on to shitpost WFB threads

You're just mad that Total War is going to outsell the entirety of Shitmar and pull your game's pants down when GW is looking.

>WHFB
>outsell

I like how defensive and deluded you got. No AoS player shitposts whfb threads. It's just one guy called the slav that shitposts that whfb threads and he is a warmachine player.

However, whfb players constantly shitposts AoS threads. Now what does tell you? Whfb players are immature cunts.

By the way, no matter what happens WHFB will remain dead.

>implying out of stock means anything without production numbers

They could of made 500 boxes as far as we know

>No AoS player shitposts whfb threads
>shitposting right now

I am responding to your post and calling you a moron for falling for the Slav warmachine troll posts.

Like I said, whfb players are immature cunts.

>no AoS players shitpost in WHFB threads

I take it you haven't been in a WHFB thread? There is always a few people shitposting about how stupid we are for either holding on to a dead game, or alternatively calling us stupid for being mad at GW, or for calling us stupid for caring at all about fantasy.

I get it that people shitpost in AoS threads, it's probably because AoS was the most divisive thing GW has done. Just don't lie.

Yes seriosuly. This game was in development when Shitmar was still just a tumor growing in GW's head. By the time CA was ready to announce it, GW went and killed off WHFB.

Quite ironic actually.

Immature and incredibly stupid cunts*

>all shitposting done in WHFB threads are done by a single false flagging Slav
>trust me guise

I'm not sure how stupid you think people are.

If you have been in whfb threads, then would know who the slav is. Oh wait you are too dumb to recognize his posts. There isn't a few people, it's just one guy and he has been shitposting /whfb/ threads since the End Times.

>samefag still shitposting
>it's not shitposting if I don't call it that

You

see

Incredibly stupid. Maybe even willingly stupid because they have been played like a fiddle by a troll for an entire year.

You can get around denuvo, just takes a bit.

You're pretty delusional if you honestly think AoS players don't shitpost, and that it is all instead the actions of a single Slav.

What is funnier, is that right now you're shitposting.

Wake me when you release skaven

I am not responding to the accusation that AoS shitposts. Why are you trying to silence me from responding to this accusation? Maybe because you have flimsey grounds for it and love to have a souble standard. Please go to the archives and show me these multiple shitposters.

I am not. I am responding*

>A shitpost is a shitpost by any other name