Bullywug CYOA part 3

Sup guys, this is the continuation of our story centered around Thr'ull and his tribe of bullywugs.

Rules: Ties are determined by first post
No rerolls
Remember to vote for anons suggestions
Have fun!

Next post is a screencap of last choice

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/QMSaurn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Part 1/2

Part 2/2

I'm here
>welcome back

Glad to see you again! Good to know the story is enticing enough !

You're a very good writer

Fudge. I'm about to leave. Glad it's back.

Thanks man!

Anyways we still need votes on what course of action Thr'ull should take, I don't mind bumping the thread until more people come if you guys want

>C)See what they do
The last one blew up, right?

We don't wanna lose our source of knowledge, although if they could disable it reverse engineering could be sweet

Let's see what they do

The last one did indeed explode

There was also different types
>this could be something we haven't encountered

Thr'ull held up a webbed hand to halt his guards, they could catch the small ones if they tried to flee through he swamps, but the strange contraption concerned him, he had seen the damage it inflicted, the smoldering hole in the road quite vivid in his mind. The diminutive prisoners approached the contraption and spoke to it quickly, their voices higher than normal. As they approached the chittering grew louder and a pulsing blue core appeared in the center. Thr'ull readied himself to flea and instructed his tribe to do he same win a worried croak. "It's us, it's us!" The gnomes shouted at the machine , "Deactivate! Deactivate!"

A roll of 45 or greater results in the machine disarming
A roll of 44 or less results catastrophically

Rolled 16 (1d100)

I'll try rolling
>it usually doesn't work for me

Danm
>the one time it works

I'd like to bump and wait for the other guys before making anymore descions

The gnomes cautiously stepped closer to the contraption and the chittering seemed to soften. Relieved one of them reached to touch the smooth surface, as his fingers brushed the cold metal the chattering rose to an almost deafening volume and before anyone could react the small prisoners were engulfed in blue light. Thr'ull and the other bullywugs were thrown back by the blast , one rolled almost into the pond. As Thr'ull stood up, his head groggy, he saw the devastation left by the mysterious blue light. Where the gnomes had stood but moments ago was a smoldering hole and nearby tree and bushes had been blasted into tooth picks. He looked around him and saw that bone of his tribe seemed seriously hurt and silently thanked Malu for her protection.

A) investigate crater
B) Ensure tribe is OK
C) Other

Sorry I'm on my phone right now, so I'm slow to type

B then A

Let's wait for the others though

We could play untap while we wait?

Give me a few minutes, but I don't mind playing game or two. I'll have to leave at about 1230 to go get Veeky Forums but I'll be back

Ok

ready when you are

I made a game called "saurn118 join"

That's cool

lol go back to ur cantaintmennt bourd fagott

Fuck off cyoa's are allowed here

sick spelling senpai

Will return in about an hour, hopefully the thread picks up. Thanks for being in my story!

Have a bump
Fuck you

€£¥₩

I've got some pretty cool wallpapers if anyone wants

Oh shit I was here for the very start of this. Last I was here we'd finished killing our first troll, anyone want to give me a synopsis of what's happened since then?

This is a quest under disguise of a CYOA.

Umm

>I'm not sure if it was archived

A ton of shit has happened

Will be ready to QM again in about 15 minutes. If someone could please fill in this anonItd be much appreciated

I can't type fast at all+I'm on my phone

>did you archive the other threads?

I did not, I actually don't know bow to do that

altight im back, Did we settle on an option?

Forgot to add my name

This is my vote

I'll go with yours.

You still here?

Yes, I'm here

Ok, have you voted?

Thr'ull turned to look at the tribesmen who had been caught in the blast with him, most of them were already standing if a little unsteady, The crippled sentry lay a few feet from the pond, the elder female at his side. Thr'ull hopped over and the elder female informed him that the sentry was alright, he was merely unconscious from the blast. Thr'ull breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that none of his own were hurt. He looked back at the crater and saw most of his tribe gathered around it, they picked through the muck and debris silently but found no sign of the small prisoners or the shiny contraption. As Thr'ull picked through the area he managed to recover the sword and metal piece the intelligent hunter had used to communicate, but the spear and dart were nowhere to be found.

A) Check on the horse
B) Check on the remaining prisoner
C) Other

Resources
Food" 350 Units
Time: Dusk

Population: 7+8 Juveniles (Sexually mature in 3 turns)+ Thr'ull+ 1 Wounded Human prisoner+ 1 stallion

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 1 units of Troll hide, 4 units of stone, small bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles, 100 units of metal parts, 44 units of shiny coins

Tools: 6 Troll bone spears. 1 Crude Dart Flinger, 9 Bone darts, 4 swords, 2 small crossbows, 1 Long bow, 10 arrows, 23 bolts, 1 Master-crafted Forge

Religion: Covenant of The Forge, Covenant of Water

Boons: Ember of the Forge, Blessing of Fertility (+5 fertility in water, +10 if its pure), Blessing of Rejuvenation (+1 regeneration in water, +5 healing in water)

Why are you guys not on /qst/ ?

>A) Check on the horse
Why aren't you there, Goober?

B

tie breaker in 2 minutes

Thr'ull heard croaking in the distance and turned to face the sound, two of his hunters were arguing among themselves how to best move the great beast. The stallion had become frigthened by the sound of the explosion and bolted from its stick bed, thankfully the yoke that tied it to the carriage had broken and neither of the two had suffered any injury. As Thr'ull neared the horse and hunters he saw that the beast was taking long draughts from a nearby pond. Croaking to his hunters Thr'ull demonstrated how to lead the beast by its reins and explained its affinity for swamp reeds. Once the animal finished it's drink Thr'ull led it back to its bed and sent the hunters to examine the broken yoke. The horses harness was torn and the metal binding had been torn from the damp wood of the carriage, Thr'ull was at a loss as to how to fix the yoke and even the intelligent hunter offered no ideas, upset Thr'ull resigned himself to the fact that the carriage would not be moving for some time.

A) Investigate Treasure chest
B) Check on Human prisoner
C) Forge something
D) Other

Resources
Food" 350 Units

Population: 7+8 Juveniles (Sexually mature in 3 turns)+ Thr'ull+ 1 Wounded Human prisoner+ 1 stallion

Materials: 10 units of Troll bone, 1 units of Troll hide, 4 units of stone, small bundle of vines, 10 dead turtles, 100 units of metal parts, 44 units of shiny coins

Tools: 6 Troll bone spears. 1 Crude Dart Flinger, 9 Bone darts, 4 swords, 2 small crossbows, 1 Long bow, 10 arrows, 23 bolts, 1 Master-crafted Forge

Boons: Ember of the Forge, Blessing of Fertility (+5 fertility in water, +10 if its pure), Blessing of Rejuvenation (+1 regeneration in water, +5 healing in water)

>B) Check on Human prisoner

+1

Thr'ull thought it would be best to abandon the broken carriage for now and begin to deal with the problems he could solve. With the tiny prisoners gone the only hope he had of learning the secrets of the shiny pieces was the large wounded brute. He fetched his ancient staff and hopped over to the pond where the elder was tending to the large humanoid, as Thr'ull approached the elder met his eyes with a forlorn gaze. She informed him that the prisoner was not in the best condition, she had been able to dull the pain but could not remove the spearhead without risking killing him. If the weapon was not removed soon, even if the waters healed him, the prisoner would be paralyzed and useless.

A) Attempt to remove the spearhead
B) Kill the prisoner
C) Leave him be
D) Other

Resources
Food" 350 Units

I would like to try A, do we have to roll?

>A) Attempt to remove the spearhead
What do we have to lose?

Thr'ull gave the elder permission to remove the spearhead, the man was dead regardless and the chance that he might be useful was enticing to Thr'ull. The elder nodded and sent her juvenile assistant to fetch some materials. Shortly after the young female reappeared cradling a turtle shell, a stone, and a few swamp plants. The elder made a paste of the plants and forced the prisoner to eat it, soon he lay limp in the pond and they were ready to be gin the procedure.

A roll of 70 or greater will result in success
A roll of 69>50 will result in paralysis
A roll of 49> will result in immediate death
use 1 100 sided dice

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Rolled 60 (1d100)

:b

Rolled 25 (1d100)

Here goes nothing.

Geez, the dice do like us.

*not

The elder reopened the humans back and dug her hand into the wound, after a few moments she found purchase with the base of the spear. Slowly she pulled, doing her best to cause no more damage than was needed. After a few seconds the spear caught on something and her tugging caused it to shift inside the body, she lost grip and fell back into the pond, her hand soaked with blood. Rancid, murky water flooded into the gaping hole and the human began to gasp and sputter despite the anesthetic . Frantically Thr'ull and the two females tried to pull him from the water but it was too late, as the prisoner writhed and flailed the spear dug itself deeper into his flesh, eventually working its way between his vertebrae. With a last wet gasp the humanoid slumped, limp, back into the pond.

A) Butcher the corpse
B) Bury it
C) Burn it
D) Other

Resources
Food" 350 Units

Population: 7+8 Juveniles (Sexually mature in 2 turns)+ Thr'ull+ 1 stallion

C

>C) Burn it
Put him in the forge.

The elder let out a sad croak as the humanoid fell back into the murky water, it might have been a prisoner but the female detested bloodshed and death nontheless. Thr'ull was angry for much different reasons, once again the secrets of the humanoids technology remained elusive as ever and now he was forced to deal with a rather large corpse. He ordered a nearby hunter to pull the man from the pond as he contemplated his options. There wasn't enough meat to justify butchering him and a grave would be far too much work. He considered using the body as bait for an ambush along the road but decided they were not well enough equipped to take on a moving caravan. Finally he decided that the quickest method of ridding himself of this corpse would be to burn it, and what better place than in the forge? Thr'ull called over the rest of the hunters and instructed they carry the corpse to the forge. Soon they stood before the great stone structure but before Thr'ull could give the command a croak broke the silence. It was the intelligent hunter, he reasoned that they shoudl search the prisoner and take anything of value, lest it be lost in the fire.

A) Burn the corpse
B) Reprimand the hunter for speaking out of turn
C) Listen to the hunter
D) Other

Resources
Food" 350 Units

C

>C) Listen to the hunter

Thr'ull listened to the hunters idea and and agreed to its validity, this hunter was proving to be far more useful than Thr'ull had ever imagined and he made a mental note of this. Thr'ull instructed the hunters to search the body and set everything they found aside. This search proved fruitful and the bullywugs were soon the proud owners of 2 new daggers, a small pouch of tiny coins and a suit of damaged leather armor. Feeling the search was complete Thr'ull ordered that the body be burned in the forge as a sacrifice to Tode. The hunters hoisted the body and tossed it into the roaring flame. In seconds the corpse began to burn and turn to ash, such was the intensity of the heat, and before long there was noting left but the acrid smoke pouring from the forge. As Thr'ull turned to return to the pond he heard the great voice of Tode roar all around him. "YOU DEFILE MY GIFTS FROGMAN?" the god roared angrily, " WHAT SAY YOU TO YOUR GOD? THAT I SHOULD NOT STRIKE YOU DOWN WHERE YOU SQUAT?"

A) Beg for mercy
B) Explain the situation
C) Defend your actions
D) Other

Resources
Food" 350 Units

B

>he seemed reasonable before, hopefully he Is now

>B) Explain the situation

Thr'ull cowered and bowed his head to the ground, from the corner of his alrge eyes he saw the other members of the tribe do the same. He croaked nervously and explained the situation, claiming that the humanoid was a spoil of war and was being sacrificed to him. Thr'ull also explained that they were trying to uncover the secrets of the shiny pieces the humanoids carried in an effort to forge the masterworks he demanded of them.

A roll of 50 or greater is required to convince the angry god
A roll of 49>30 results in an irritated Tode
A roll of 29< results catastrophically

Resources
Food" 350 Units
Time: Night

Rolled 14 (1d100)

Roll

Rolled 15 (1d100)

Talking

Danm

luck is not with our bullywugs today

Tode roared and a gout of flame shot out from the forge and set a nearby tree ablaze. Thr'ull narrowly dodged another blast of fire that slammed into the ground behind him, leaving an impact crater of dried clay in its wake. Thr'ull remembered his first encounter with Tode and how he seemed to respect Malu, desperately Thr'ull Thought of a way to save his people from the enraged god.

A) Bow and Pray to Malu
B) Order a mass retreat
C) Stand up to Tode
D) Pray to Malu at the edge of the pond
E) Other

Resources
Food" 350 Units

Population: 7+8 Juveniles (Sexually mature in 1 turns)+ Thr'ull+ 1 stallion

D

>has anyone been injured?

As far as Thr'ull knows not yet

Thr'ull thouht it would be best to summon Malu by a water source and so hopped as fast as he could to the pond, narrowly dodging a fire ball as he did so. More trees around him erupted into flame and a rogue fire ball hit a geyser of swamp gas, creating a jet of flame that flew high into the sky. The light from Tode's wrath could easily be seen for miles. Thr'ull dropped to his knees beside the pond and desperately began pleading for Malu to show her mercy, seeing his actions the elder female dropped to her knees and followed suit. Soon the waters began to ripple and Malu's face appeared on the surface.

A) Ask her to calm Tode
B) Beg her for mercy
C) Demand that she calm her husband
D) Other

Resources
Food" 350 Units

Population: 7+8 Juveniles (Sexually mature in 1 turns)+ Thr'ull+ 1 stallion

Let's go with B

Alright guys Ive got to go for a bit, real life is calling for me unfortuantely. Ill be back on later tonight no later than 9 if youd like to keep bumping the thread other wise ill post a new thread both here and on the twitter at

twitter.com/QMSaurn

Bumperoo

I think, if you've got resource management, decision trees and rolling, you're probably running a quest.

TL;DR?

Alright guys I'm back, sorry for having o vanish, real life can be a bitch at times

Ayy

TL;DR: Thr'ull leads a tribe of bullywugs in a desolate swamp. They fought and killed a juvenile troll after osg one of their own. They entered into a covenant with the god of the forge and goddess of water. After raiding a nearby humanoid camp and taking prisoners the bulywugs attempted to put their new forge to good use. The three prisoner have met grisly ends and the bullywugs have incurred the wrath of the forge god.

Should i continue with the story or wait for more activity int he thread?

Continue

Mmm if you continue the thread will probably pick up