Warhammer 40,000 general

No FAQ today Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>White Dwarves

mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Tau-Empire-Sniper-Drone-Team
totellstories.com/40k/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

word bearers are gay

>shit edition
>made when last general was still page 7
>faggot OP
>first person to ask for help is the same faggot you made this page
>there is literally nothing wrong with being gay unless you are this faggot OP

Apocalypse tomorrow

My warboss is going to be the big warlord. Wish me luck

>FAQs

Holy shit, did marines really need another buff?

You're gay.

>first person to ask for help is the same faggot you made this page

Have you ever been such a pretentious faggot that you worded your salad.

The new generals have been made when the old one has been around page 7 or 8 for a while now.
Now shut up, stop bitching, and stop approving of illicit acts

No. What makes you think it would do that? FAQs resolve rules issues and such. If anything, it would debuff some cheesey marine stuff that relies on abusing RAW
like a bike riding cataphrachtii captain

because im a word bearer

Personally I'm afraid that that issue will not be solved, since it's too new and has come out after that period in which they received the questions about the FAQ.
Let's hope that in the trial period of the FAQ next week they will take some new suggestions

>and has come out after that period in which they received the questions about the FAQ.
No it hasn't?

I'm creating my own Imperial Knight house because I plan on getting some in the near future and the already existing Knight houses don't really interest me too much.
I've already got a lot of it completed and am happy, some minor issues with coming up with their lore (I want it to be Grimdark enough, you know, and Knights are just so base level NobleBright).
The hardest thing for me to try to come up with is a Color Scheme, and while I've been mulling them over in my head, I figured I;d ask for your opinion on what would look good on an Imperial Knight?

You wanna know why I hate Leman Russ?
It's not because of his boner-inducing penchant for teamkilling.
It's not because of his hypocrisy in regards to Nikea and psykers.
It's not because of his inability to back up his boastful nature (see his fights with Lion El'Jonson and Angron).
It's because immediately upon swearing fealty to the Emperor as the 2nd found primarch he had to upstage Horus and his LUNA WOLVES with his own superlative legion title.
Two "official" fucking legions in and we have the Luna Wolves and the Space Wolves.
What a fucking douchebag.

It did and that's not how questions work?

So this is the new version of Russ-shitposting? You got tired of making new thread and thought of just shitting up the new generals?

Do you need to spam this each thread?

Remove chickin. it no 40K.

>Another day hoping you don't see your minis on the "Last chance to buy!" Page

Being a SoBfag is suffering.

They took the questions in March, while the SM birthday was only in the second half of April

M A K E Y O U R O W N C O D E X

A

K

E

Y

O

U

R

O

W

N

C

O

D

E

X

Who gives a shit if they finally actually squat you? Your minis have been prohibitively expensive or straight squatted for ages. Just make your own codex, tell the haters to fuck off, and game on.

Thought they were still taking questions last week.

You're confused. The bike exploit is because cataphrachtii is explicitly stated to be treated like terminator armor for the purposes of formations, transports and teleportation, and wargear is explicitly omitted.
Is it stupid and chessey? Yes.
But not even close to same thing as your argument.

This color scheme would look cool on a knight

House Stark of Winterfell.

Pretty grimdark backstory too. At least at this point in the show.

do snakebite orks use vehicles?

>A Psyker that chooses to substitute a generated power for the discipline’s primaris power is not allowed to gain Psychic Focus for that discipline. This means the Psyker must generate at least one of their remaining powers from a different psychic discipline.
What exactly is the rules issue or gameplay issue that they're attempting to address here?

Yep.

I´ve only been into warhammer 40k for the lore, but recently I started to build an IG army as my first vorray into this game.

30 P. Platoon Command Squad
50 P. Infantry Squad
50 P. Infantry Squad
45 P. Heavy Weapon Squad

I´m was planning to turn it into an infantry only army with maybe ogryn, and few other infantry squads, but I´m also considering buying tanks and other vehicles. Could someone point into the right direction?

Isn´t space wolves a translation error, or am I remembering wrong?

>But not even close to same thing as your argument.
Sure, there is actually an argument to be made - Hence the issue. If you insist you can use the terminator armour on a bike (Which RAW, you can) then you cannot use the new psychic powers, for the EXACT same reason. It's not an ordinary terminator armour, just like a Rune Priest is not an ordinary librarian, or in fact, a librarian at all - he is a psyker, but that's not the same.

All Librarians are psykers = True
All Marine psykers are librarians = False

If you take the primaris you can't roll all your powers on that table and be rewarded the primaris from psychic focus a second time.

incase you don't know that's not a CAD user

I´m sorry, but enlighten me. CAD?

Do Terminator characters grant their squad relentless like Meganobz do? Opponent claimed that the other day and it smelled iffy.

The rules already state that you can't know the same psychic power twice. I'm curious why they felt the need to put an arbitrary restriction on psykers.

It seems you keep thinking that BA, DA, SW or GK players, the ones that were almost completely ignored during the SM anniversary, would have problem with prohibiting the cataphractii from taking the bike

Because it's GW

>cataphractii from taking the bike
That issue is completely different to the current psyker issue, though.

Because it actually has arguments supporting it.

combined arms detachment
it's a way to make a "legal" army , you need atleast 1 hq choice and 2 troops
currently you just have an infantry platoon which counts as 1 troop
not that it matters much as people don't mind playing unbound against new players or in low point games

where do you get the apothecary kit that will fit on a bike from these days for speesh mareens?

It's baffling that they didn't say cataphractii acts like terminator armour "for all purposes" or something similar. By being restrictive they allowed stuff like the bike malarkey to creep through.

If they're using the new type of terminator armour then yeah, it doles out relentless to the squad. Otherwise they were cheating.

Once again you fail to understand the point. The cataphrachtii thing has nothing to due with the semantics of the issue.
It's because cataphrachtii is explicitly not stated to be treated as termie armor for the purposes of wargear, but is for everthing else.
Your argument is just baseless semantics (because all SM psykers are infact librarians), the other one is a legitmate loop hole.

Right, because the fact that GW advertised those power as takable by all space marines codices and it was included in that card of the psychic powers aren't supporting argument in the least, right?

I already have the large part of their Backstory, and am rather happy with it, it makes them decidedly different than other knight houses. They absorbed all of the Knight Houses in their System through diplomacy, marriage, or war and now run their courtly business through an Elector system (a la HRE during the Renaissance).
Succession of someone to a Knight must be voted on, and it is incredibly rare for someon outside of gthe Deceased Knights household to take their place (it can happen). Each former house has a Vote, or an Elector position, including the Freeblades who were left over after the destruction of every other knight of a House, resulting in One Man houses.
I have more but I'm going to Lunch

Dark angel black knights/ravenwing command squad kit has a bike apothecary. Could search for that on bits websites/ebay (plenty of people will have built them as black knights).

I would suggest the Dark Angels Black Knights box.
Maybe you can search on ebay if you can find the piece you want for relatively cheap

Ravenwing bits

Okay thanks!

RW Command Squad?

I guess because it also forces you to roll at least one power on another table? So rather the psychic focus just not mattering, if you take a primaris you have to diversify your powers somehow

First timer here. Starting my first army here soon. Going with IG (wanted to do DKoK, love the fluff and design, but need to get used to this shit first.) Here is my list, gonna start with a small 600 pt. army. Feedback and tips would be appreciated.

600 Pts Imperial Guard
HQ
Command Squad (255 Pts)
- Veteran (4): Flak Armour, FgGren, Lasgun(2), Plasma gun(2), Medi-pack, ,
- Master Of Ordnance (1): Flak Armour, FgGren, CCW, ,
- Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken (1): Flak Armour, Plasma Pistol, Shotgun, CCW, FgGren, Refractor Field, ,
Troops
Platoon Infantry Squad (151 Pts)
- Guardsman (7): Flak Armour, FgGren, Lasgun, Vox-caster, ,
- Sergeant (1): Flak Armour, FgGren, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, ,
- Heavy Weapon Team (1): Flak Armour, FgGren, Lasgun, Mortar, counter, ,
- Chimera (1): Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Extra armour, ,
Heavy Weapons Squad (93 Pts)
- Heavy Weapon Team (3): Flak Armour, FgGren, Lasgun, Heavy Bolter, Missile launcher, Lascannon, KrGren, ,
Special Weapons Squad (41 Pts)
- Special Weapon Team (6): Flak Armour, FgGren, Lasgun, Sniper rifle(3), ,
Fast Attack
Scout Sentinel Squadron (60 Pts)
- Scout Sentinel (1): Autocannon, Smoke Launchers, Camo Netting

Why are people still responding to the "Rune Priests can't use the new powers" troll? You know they can. I know they can. The troll knows they can. You will never actually have an opponent try to stop a Rune Priest from taking those powers. Just stop feeding him.

>including the Freeblades who were left over after the destruction of every other knight of a House, resulting in One Man houses.
but freeblades give up on their house and need to be accepted back by the house before becoming a member again

>all SM psykers are infact librarians
Well then, if the rules say they are, then you don't have a problem, do you?

Of course, that assumes the rules does actually say this. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, because you can't actually be dumb enough to say something that is blatantly false, and can be debunked with a quick check in the rulebook.

Ah. Okay. Then I would need another platoon and a, let´s say a commissar or a company command squad for both for it to be playable?

Allthough, I could ask the local players to play unbound, when gaming season starts again.

>>FAQs
>Holy shit, did marines really need another buff?
No no user, these aren't ITC houserules
These are actual, GW FAQ's

which boyz do i buy to start an ork army?

some regular boyz, nobz, maybe bikes and a truck? i kinda wanna run a weirdboy, are they ok in casual games?

I don't hate ITC rules all together but some shit is just stupid arbitrary.

The Blood for the Blood God! rule is explicitly constructed to imply that whenever a character dies you get blood tithe, it is literally a parallel construction from the rule explicitly talking about units with BftBG! dying. ITC rules it only counts if the character dies in a challenge. Did KDK really need an arbitrary drawback on a rule that is ostensibly intended?

There are two really similar rules: Relentless and Slow and Purposeful. The latter has almost the same effect of the former but have more restrictions, while however being able to be transferred to the rest of the unit
A normal terminator has relentless, so it doesn't effect other models, however the new Space Marines captain in Cataphractii Armor has S&P, so that way it works

*sigh*

Alright, listen up. You are calling fluff into the question, and using baseless arguments for actual rules arguments. That's not how it works.

I frankly don't give a shit, since I'll be spamming culexus assassins anyway, but let's take another brilliant example:
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Tau-Empire-Sniper-Drone-Team
>Tau Sniper Drone Teams are the ultimate anti-infantry weapon in the Tau arsenal. Each drone is equipped with a Rail Rifle that can fire a high velocity projectile at such extraordinary speed that it will punch clean through the armour of almost any adversary.

As we can clearly see, Sniper Drones are equipped with Rail Rifles. The rulebook calls them "Longshot Pulse Rifles", but that's clearly not what they meant, so I'll just use the S6 AP1 30" profiles of the Rail Rifles, as GW clearly intended. Denying me this would make you a WAAC Faggot who are clearly just grasping at straws, since there is no actual doubt here, right?

Master of ordinance at low points will physically do nothing unless you can roll really good
Your list isn't legal, a platoon squad must have 2 units of 10 infantry squads.
Don't give heavy weapon teams different guns, you waste shots
Sniper special weapons are fun, but if you want that take ratings and just use sniper models.
Oh and don't put a special weapon in a single infantry squad, you want at least some mobility.

look at your codex , the platoon counts as 1 troop and you need 1 platoon command squad and two infantry squads minimum before you can add that HWT and SWS
also there is no need to mention stuff that units get by default on your list

you can also take a Company command squad and 2 10 man vet squads
but as i said , no one should mind

The ITC houserules were made by a small group of tourney fags that think they know what they are doing. Case in point: your post.

Nothing good comes from trying to reason why they make the rules that they did, because little good comes from players like them. They only promote min maxing and rules lawyering, and I'm constantly surprised people accept this.

Straken just ain't worth it. Especially not in a Transport-less, shooty command squad. He's definitely not worth it at 600 points, where he's over a sixth of your army.

Don't mix weapon types in a Heavy Weapons squad. You'll end up with wasted firepower. Autocannons are a good, cheap generalist weapon.

Your CCS will want the Chimera more than the PCS, and you're short a troops choice for a CAD. Most people won't care against a new player, and those that do aren't worth playing against anyways. Still, you've almost certainly got the models to bump the SWS up to a Veterans squad.

You're an idiot. No, the rules never specify that. The lore does however, as all space marine psykers are part of the chapter's librarium, established in the Codex Astartes. Moreover, the rules techincally specify that the psyker mist be part of the space marine faction, I.E. C:SM. So by your own logic, only one Unit type in all of 40k may actually draw from the powers, even though the quick refference card states otherwise.

while I'm fine with BftBG working on any character death, it's very fair to see it as being intended to only work in a challenge, because the difference between the two is a comma placement, and GW fucks up grammar like that often.

So right now it looks like
if the character dies (clause), or kills in a challenge (second clause with conditions).

But it could be
if the character is killed, or kills, (two events one clause) in a challenge (condition).

The ITC reading is different from the way it's directly written, but is a fair RAI interpretation.

It's not a power issue, it's a rules clarity issue.

Will try that then, user. Thanks for the advice. Gonna leave for now.

>"waahhh ITC nerfed my favorite cheesefest!"

>start an ork army?

I would not advise it. Definetly no Nobz outside of squad leaders (or bikers).

Trukks are garbage, put suicide bustas or MANz in there.

If you are playing somewhere casual enough for you to have any sort of chance then a weird boy should be fine.

Not even part of this discussion, but what exactly is the argument FOR using it, outside of just "well the fluff says they are technically librarians"?

I don't give a damn, there is only one Yiff player in my area, and the ruling has already been made that they CAN'T take it, and no one, not even the yiff player, argues against it, I am just curious here.

Then the quick reference card is wrong.

Since GW tells us to go Codex>Rulebook and never mentions reference cards, just assume the reference card is completely off.

I wouldn't mind the ITC FAQ if they had chosen to go strict rules clarifications or all out rebalancing. As it is now, it's some arbitrary middle ground where they only try to reign in some bullshit, which is retarded because it still leaves the game a broken mess.

the only things I've ever heard about ITC being 'rebalancing' has been rules interpretation.

You can justify being pissed at the interpretation, but I've yet to hear an evidence that those interpreations were intended as balance issues, and not what they believed to be the intent of the rules.

Angels of Death and the Psychic Power Cards both list all the Space Marine codexes as having access to them, which makes no sense if only Librarians can take them.

I wouldn't really make a fuss if I was a SW player either, since a regular Librarius Conclave is superior to the SW one for casting non-SW powers anyways.

is the start collecting orks a good box set for starting an army?

Rerollable 2+ saves being limited to 2+/4+ has zero basis in the rules. Prior to the most recent Space Marine release it only affected Daemons of Tzeentch and the Ravenwing.

>getting blood tithe from characters dying is cheesy despite the entire codex ostensibly being constructed around the mechanic
>cataphractii on a bike? No problem!

Just because some tourney circuit rules something by virtue of their inability to read proper syntax, doesn't mean it's cheesy, or even that much better to begin with.

I'd be fine with it being clarified even if it ruled in ITCs favor, but that comma is a clear conclusion of an independent clause. If that sentence is grammatically sound (which knowing GW who knows if they even care about that) any time the character dies you get the tithe point.

That it clarifies in the rules that you can earn multiple tithe points simultaneously also lends credence to the interpretation that when a unit and the character in it die, you get a point for each.

totellstories.com/40k/
All kinds of metrics and data.

So I wanted to flesh out my Black Templar recruiting world and I'm thinking I'll base it pic related.

A feudal world where petty nations constantly skirmish and war along their borders and the greatest of warriors to earn glory and fame do battle year round in a never ending tournament. The winners of which earn the right to journey to the chapter keep, becoming warrior serfs whose sons will go on to become neophytes.

What other details should I include or work out really?

>Painboy
>10 boys
>Deffdread
>Has 1 of the few decent Ork formations
It's a step in the right direction.

OH FUCKING GREAT. GUYS, FUCKING TIME TO JUST MAKE A NEW GENERAL, THIS ONE IS ALREADY RUINED. LISTEN TO THE BLUEBERRY FUCKLEHEAD BITCHBOY GOING ON ABOUT HIS ASSBLASTERY OVER STORMSURGES REQUIRING 25% CONCEALMENT TO CLAIM THEIR 2++. LISTEN TO HIS WEEPING AT MARKERLIGHTS APPLYING TO VOID SHIELDS AND NOT THE MODEL UNDERNEATH THEM. LISTEN TO HIM BAWL HIS EYES OUT OVER NOT HAVING INFINITE DRONE FACTORY.

Just ignore ot you dumbass

So its official, CSM are a bunch of babies.

Really, I'm not sure how I'd want my Leman Russ, as I was thinking of using it as an anti-infantry and able to fight other tanks as well, which is why I thought that the Lascannon and either Heavy Bolter or Multi-Melta sponsons on an Exterminator would help out. I'm on the fence about the plasma option, as they're more costly compared to the other ones, and the being able to hurt yourself on poor rolls doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I'm thinking that I'll probably stick ti the Hull-Mounted Lascannon, and mull over the Multi-Meltas and Heavy Bolters.

its good price value but it aint great in game
boyz are not as good as they used to be, nobz are overpriced boyz and the deff dread is super slow and will probably get killed before entering a fight but the painboy is good in all situations
but its a good start to suffering

okay, that is something I had not heard before. So I'll conceed that point.

but it's clearly a RAW vs RAI issue, because it comes down to a comma and GW being well known for shit grammar.
So again, I see justifcation for disliking the rules interpretation, but not for seeing it being motivated by balance.

Because the current rule is technically grammarically sound, if I tried to pass a sentence like that off in anything I write I'd get a not back in red saying 'reword for clarification'.

fuck this guys advice

Run what you want, orks was made to fight and win

...so there really isn't a point arguing for it, other than "I want to prove someone else wrong"?

Fuck man, classic internet discussion. Both sides are equally retarded "just because"

My question is why do people think SOB are weaker than Orks, Nids, and CSM?

>CSM
>Less powerful than Orks and Nids
What. Who. How?

Maybe people forgot about Orks and Nids when voting?

Hey look, an ITC player is being incoherent again, just like their houserules.

This.
I play SoB and I auto-win most games against Orks/CSM.
SM on the other hand...

I keep waiting to see a cataprachtii conversion on a bike, so I can laugh then tell them no.

Nope, it's just that as you read in that poll later more then half the CSM players said that their codex was the worst ever

The current ITC ruling is not grammatically sound, that's my whole point.

If you ignore the comma then the first rule becomes unintelligible. You literally can not interpret it as only in challenges and have the rest of the rule still make sense. Hence, it is an arbitrary drawback.

Mate, you're both dumb fuckers.

ITC has merit, but is not strictly better than just playing the vanilla game. Calling it better or worse is arguing over a purely subjective idea, which is stupid. Neither of you are even providing much in terms of reasons, you just like/hate ITC.