Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #31

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin:

pastebin.com/9V3ics9F

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You and your friends fought against the invading Bongo, defending Namek from the Big Gete Star! In doing so, you managed to use the Kaio-ken x3 with the Raio-Ten! Now with the threat over, you just have to wait for Dragon Balls to be ready...

youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t6OYH7nSkdA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zb9y9qTyfa4
youtube.com/watch?v=AMNvNVsOnoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You and Goku walk towards the Namekian village, Chiaotzu off to talk with Lazuli, while Yamcha watches Pantea play a bit with the little Namekian kids she met.

"Tag! You're It, Dende!" the girl exclaims excitedly, already running away with the other Namekian kid, the two of them giggling.

"Hey, no fair! That's three times!" the boy protests. "Cargo should be It next time!"

Yamcha just laughs. "Pantea, play fair with the kids! We're guests here!"

"Aww... yes daaaaad." she mumbles out.

"Heh, shame it all seems like it's gonna be over so soon." Goku comments. "Feels like we just got here."

"Has been a few hours since we landed." you note. "And the Namekians are still trying to select a new Grand Elder, we've got time for... I dunno, something."

Let's see...

>A. Should probably check on Lazuli in a bit
>B. Stay with Yamcha and Pantea for a bit
>C. Check up on the Namekians, see if you can ask around a bit
>D. Check with Bulma via Scouter, see if there's anything she's learned
>E. Maybe give those robots a look, see what you can learn from them
>F. Something else?

Finally made it in time! Morning Kato!

>>A. Should probably check on Lazuli in a bit

Morning Boss, how's it going?

>>A. Should probably check on Lazuli in a bit
Haha time for feelings

>A.
I'm curious

>A. Should probably check on Lazuli in a bit
>D. Check with Bulma via Scouter, see if there's anything she's learned
>E. Maybe give those robots a look, see what you can learn from them

The tufflest day of time is here!

Hello anons, doing good so far.

It's your fault I started rereading all of dragon ball, I just needed you to know that.

I shouldn't be having this much fun doing so either

Do you like or did I completely mess this up?

I actually own all the dragon ball volumes, man that takes me back.

Ah, that reminds me of my last re-read last year. Glad you're having fun, at least.

Nice! Thanks, user!

Sleeveless Gi with Black Socks!

You're absolutely welcome Kato! I spent the past couple days making this since I knew you'd be running

You give a look back. "...I'm gonna check on Lazuli for a bit. Might be better to talk this out sooner rather than later."

Goku tilts his head in confusion, though Yamcha seems to catch on and nods. "Well, good luck. We'll be here."

As you head off, you give Bulma a quick call via Scouter, checking up on things. She hasn't gotten too deeply into analyzing the quacking bug robot, since she's prioritized setting up communications, but she did seem to find an interesting thing in there. A name, but only that. It's apparently working with someone called... Churai.

You spot Lazuli and Chiaotzu sitting quietly near the edge of one of the many, many lakes of the planet. The blonde woman catches a glance of you, then quickly turns her head away. You take a seat next to her, legs hugged to your chest.

"...I can figure what you're about to say here. Yeah, we'll get the set back home back to normal, we can bring them back with those... I..." she grips at the grass and dirt. "...I get that. At least... I can understand it, but... there's some part of me that's not clicking with that. Part of me that feels like this is a bigger risk than it's worth, but... I can't think it out logically. And... it's like I'm arguing with myself, for no good reason."

>A. Believe me, I'd be in the same boat, thinking the same thing if it were brobro or Goku, or really a lot of my friends...
>B. Try to move the subject from this, ask a bit about her and her brother, what they've been doing, what they were doing
>C. I promise, Lazuli, we're going to get them back, no matter what
>D. Something else?

Write-ins encouraged.

>>A. Believe me, I'd be in the same boat, thinking the same thing if it were brobro or Goku, or really a lot of my friends...

>>C. I promise, Lazuli, we're going to get them back, no matter what
>>D. Something else?
Talk us through what your thinking, if ya got someone to bounce ideas off of and help you might figure out what feels off

>A. Believe me, I'd be in the same boat, thinking the same thing if it were brobro or Goku, or really a lot of my friends...

Also this: Instinct and gut feelings can be one's subconscious recognizing something that the conscious mind can't quite grasp. There might be something big that we're missing.

A. Believe me I was in the same boat. I almost fell apart when Korin told us that King Piccolo had killed Shenron. But no matter what, we WILL get them back! Even if we have to go drag them out of the afterlife ourselves!

Closest I've got user

>D. Yeah, I get that. You think we should go try bargaining with Towa to not raise any ruckuses?

Oh, so it can't be done with the Turtle Master Gi? Lame.

Now add a cape

Yeah costumes are kinda limited
Can't just add capes to things user

You smile gently at her. " Believe me, I'd be in the same boat, thinking the same thing if it were brobro or Goku, or really a lot of my friends. I mean... I almost fell apart when Korin told us King Piccolo killed Shenron. But... no matter what, we'll get them back, I promise you that. Even if it means dragging them back from the afterlife ourselves!" You emphasize that last part with a little fistpump into the air.

Lazuli giggles softly, a smile finally appearing on her lips again. "R-right..."

You scoot closer. "That said... I can figure this isn't all there is. Little pep talk isn't going to fix everything." you admit with a shy look towards her. "Lazuli, maybe if we talk things through, we can get to the bottom of this. Maybe you're recognizing something we're all ignoring, subconsciously."

She gives you a surprised look, then stares into the water. "...well, okay, we revive Piccolo first. That brings him and Kami back. Then everyone gathers the Dragon Balls back home, for as long as that'll take, and wishes Krillin, Lapis, everyone else back. But... what worries me is that there's still a delay. The whole set wasn't gathered before they turned to stone. What if... what if someone gets them first, like... like..."

"...Towa?" you ask hesitantly, greater worry in your voice than even you were expecting. "I mean, I'd kinda hope she's more focused on us out here first and foremost..."

Chiaotzu seems like he's about to comment on that thought, but holds it back, instead going for something more neutral. "We've just gotta believe in everyone back home, then. Right?"

>A. Right! They won't let us down!
>B. Yeah, but maybe we shouldn't stay out here too long
>C. Of course! Besides, we still should do some sightseeing in space, they'll be fine back on Earth
>D. Something else?

Blue with Orange!

>D. Hey, my Brother has one already. If not a good start, he'll certainly hold her off long enough. Provided he doesn't die again...

>A. Right! They won't let us down!
With
>had a flash of foresight, Chuu Lee was beating her androids
Confirmation of her fears with enough solid hope to not worry

>I mean, my brobro hasn't always had the best luck.

>I'm pretty sure he cursed the production of that movie about us a while back with just his blessing.

Oh really?

>>B. Yeah, but maybe we shouldn't stay out here too long

Well then. Not everyday I'm proven wrong. New addendum to Internet Rules?
>If it exists, you can put a cape on it?

>B. Yeah, but maybe we shouldn't stay out here too long

>D. Welp, I'm pretty hungry, tired of eating toothpaste, and I'm pretty sure they only drink water here. Off to Guss's Galaxy Grill we go!

Not even flavored gel, just regular toothpaste. For the past month.

Welp, that's the price you pay when your plus 1 is Goku.

Beat me to it

>>A. Right! They won't let us down!

"Right! I mean, hey, brobro has one already. Better start than nothing." Yeah, and Chi-chi would be ever so mad if he ended up meeting Krillin and Lapis too quickly. To emphasize, though... "...I did have this flash of foresight before fighting Bongo. It was of the Mifan Tournament. Towa apparently got Tyz and Sugil to compete in there... and Chuu Lee was kicking their asses!"

The blonde woman smiles wider, finally standing. "Yeah... thanks, guys."

"Still... don't wanna stay for too long. Kids are probably giving Acer endless trouble, and I dunno about you, but I still wanna try that Guss' Galaxy Grill place." Ooooh... wonder if they have space pancakes...

The two of them laugh, walking back with you to the Namekian village. To your surprise, you see a figure flying overhead... Trip! ...and she's with some Namekians, it seems they're all carrying the Grand Elder. As you get back, you see Goku, Yamcha, and Pantea standing with the two Namekian boys and Nail, several much older Namekians gathered around a place where the Grand Elder lands.

"Ha... m-my... children... h-have you chosen?" the large, ancient Namekian asks aloud, forcing himself to speak.

One steps forward. "...we have. There was much debate, and while I am still not sure I am ready for such a thing-"

"Moori, stop being so humble! You're the best of us, you deserve it!" another one, younger, taller, states aloud.

The large, ancient Grand Elder manages a quick laugh. "I see... come, my child. You... a-are ready to lead... our kind... into a brighter future." He places his hand on the other Namekian, a soft light surrounding his body. Once complete... the former Grand Elder begins to fade.

(cont.)

>I know that Pantea tastes best

They all look on solemnly, Trip speaking a quiet prayer for him as he passes on. To her surprise, he gives her some words of encouragement before he departs. "Sanzo... you too are ready. And... I believe he knows that as well. Do not... doubt yourself..."

And he's gone. Moori looks down at his hands, clenching them into fists. He says something in Namekian quietly, and though you can't quite make it all out, it does seem like a promise. To live up to the previous Elder's example. He sighs, then smiles. "...visitors, we are still in your debt. Allow us to repay it with Porunga, our Dragon. God of love, of dreams, of law, to grant your wish."

>A. Do you need any help gathering the Dragon Balls?
>B. Talk with Trip a bit, see what she's been talking with him about
>C. Stay around, maybe see what Pantea's been up to with the other Namekian kids
>D. Something else?

If not then

>>A. Do you need any help gathering the Dragon Balls?
>>B. Talk with Trip a bit, see what she's been talking with

>C. Stay around, maybe see what Pantea's been up to with the other Namekian kids
Been a while since we've talked with our biggest fan.

Fan of our hair maybe

>our biggest fan.

"Well, do you guys need any help gathering the Dragon Balls?" you ask, giving a tap on your Scouter. "My friends and I have done a couple Dragon Ball hunts in the past."

Moori rubs his chin. "Well, if you are willing to offer... there is still the one in Tsuno's village that needs to be brought here. Our..." he pauses for a moment... "former Grand Elder once considered him to be the one to take over after he passed on. But Tsuno refused outright. He believed someone younger and more capable should take the position..."

"Follow me, Earthling." Nail comments, taking to the air. You fly up as well, Trip coming with you.

Checking your Scouter... yep, there's a Dragon Ball ahead. All right, this'll be quick. You look back at Trip and smile. "So... you probably had a lot to talk about. Did you just now pick up on flying?"

She nods, slightly embarrassed. "The Grand Elder claimed that I should be able to do such a thing easily from now on. Furthermore, he's given me some insight into the Dragon Balls."

"Oh?" Ooooh, now that catches your interest.

"They are objects older than even the Nameks know, the ones they've made being copies of the original set. Their true origin, the origin of the first set of Dragon Balls, seems lost to them, but for centuries the copies the Namekians have made existed as a part of their culture. They are linked to the spirit of the Grand Elder, the one who ensures the Dragon Balls work, who specifies their rules, and allows the magic inside them to be channeled into a Dragon. Only members of the Dragon Clan, like Kami, possess the ability to create such objects among Namekians, and even then, they take a significant amount of time and patience to end up right..."

(cont.)

"We still do not use them unless necessary." Nail adds from ahead of you both. "Even in my lifetime, I have only seen them used once, when I was very little. It is a great honor to have visitors like yourselves use them."

"And we appreciate that, Nail!" you say with a wide smile.

You arrive in the village, many members coming to greet Nail. The Elder of the village arrives with... oh hey! The Four-Star Ball! And wow, is it huge! It's the size of your head, maybe a bit bigger. With the Dragon Ball gathered, you all head back, arriving with others bringing their own Dragon Balls. Goku comments on the Four-Star Ball you bring, wondering what his Grandpa would think of it. The set is placed down on the ground...

youtube.com/watch?v=t6OYH7nSkdA

Moori steps forward. "Takkaraputo popurunga pupirittoparo!"

The place darkens, a sight the other Namekians gasp in awe at, as the Dragon Balls flash, a creature erupting from them and filling the skies. A titanic creature, larger than even Shenron, in some ways resembling Bongo, with a muscular body at the top of the kilometers of tail, stares down at you all.

In Namekian, it roars, "I AM PORUNGA, DRAGON OF LAW. STATE YOUR WISH SO I MAY RETURN TO MY SLUMBER."

>A. Make the wish to bring back Piccolo
>B. Make the wish to fix Namek
>C. Let the Namekians make the wishes
>D. Something else?

Also, mind rolling me 1d20, best of five? DC is 19.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

>D. Kill Porunga

Rolled 17 (1d20)

What order did we decide on the wishes last time?

We're gonna get Earth and Namek and Kami healed

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Right then

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>A. Make the wish to bring back Piccolo

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Oh shit.

Rolled 8, 14, 10, 19, 6 = 57 (5d20)

...well. Let's see...

Okay, so do the others roll now?

YAYYYY

Perfect!

But... one more roll of 1d20, best of five? DC is again 19.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Rolled 1 (1d20)

EZ PZ 73M0N SKWEEZ

Rolled 18 (1d20)

Rolled 19 (1d20)

It's time for !FUN!

Rolled 18 (1d20)

NAT 20

...perfect, perfect.

Writing...

>Rolled 1
>Rolled 19
Tuffle luck at work once again!

>46987405

You stand tall, looking around at the Namekians. You ask of the Dragon in its native tongue, "Porunga, Dragon of law! Hear my wish! Please heal this planet from the damage it received from the Big Gete Star, return Namek to normal!"

A red flash comes from the Dragon's eyes. "IT'S DONE, SHORTSTUFF."

...sh-short stuff? Well, the Dragon seems to have a bit more... personality than Shenron does. Next up, "Thank you, Porunga, now can you please-" You get a brief flash of insight, something about a... desert? What the-

A new, surprisingly feminine voice, calls out, "DRAGON, SEND THE EARTHLINGS F-"

"No!" Yamcha shouts, tackling one of the Namekians.

You all gasp in surprise as the Namekian backs away... shapeshifting. It's... a woman? Dressed in an outfit like... oh shit, she's working for Towa!

"PORUNGA, PLEASE BRING BACK THE ONE CALLED PICCOLO, WHO DIED FIGHTING THE SAIYAN NAMED TURLES!" you scream, not wasting a moment.

"DONE. NOW PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ON THE LAST WISH."

The woman stands, glaring at you all. "...well, guess it's time for plan B." She lunges at Yamcha, you quickly pushing him out of the way. She grabs your arm... and places two fingers on her forehead. In an instant, you're gone. The faces of everyone in shock is the last image you see before you're blinded by a bright light. When you can see again... you're in the middle of a desert, then suddenly back on Namek, then back on the desert again.

You shake your head, trying to get your bearings. This place... it doesn't feel like Earth, that's for sure. There's... some green guy with four eyes resting under some shade. What the... where the hell are you? A sound alerts you to someone arriving. You spin around and spot... her. "You... what did you-?!"

"Snow cone?" she asks, handing such a thing forward with an unsettling grin. "Not poisoned, promise. Helps you cool off."

>A. Answers, NOW!
>B. Take me back!
>C. Try to contact someone!
>D. Take the snow cone
>E. Something else?

>D. Take the snow cone
>"I swear, if this is mint flavored, I'll pull my tongue out."

>>C. Try to contact someone!
>>D. Take the snow cone

>>C. Try to contact someone!
>>D. Take the snow cone

>D. Take the snow cone
>E. "So, I take it you're a new one? What's your name?"

>D. Take the snow cone
>E. "So Towa couldn't help it, huh? How much of me are you based on?"

>E. *Stomach growl*
>"...can we go to a restaurant instead?"

>A. Answers, NOW!

>*sigh* Whats your angle this time Towa.
>try to figure out how Towa did the technique that got you here.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zb9y9qTyfa4

Instant transmission chance!

Who is "her"? Towa or Churai?

I wonder if Trip ever saved a certain princess?

You try to telepathically reach out to someone. Anyone. And... there's nobody there to hear you. You angrily grab the snow cone out of her hand, glaring at her hard. "...so I take it you're the new one. Towa couldn't help it, huh? Tell me, are you like, 10% me? 20%?"

She giggles. "How presumptuous. Though..." She shapeshifts much like Oolong and Puar do, a puff of smoke accompanying it, "...I could be you, if I wanted." she states in... your voice. "Don't quite have all the little intricacies, but it's a good mimic, don't you think?"

Your stomach growls. "...snow cone isn't going to hold it, and I was really looking forward so Guss' Galaxy Grill-"

"Don't try the special, if you ever get there." she recommends, shapeshifting back.

"Look, just... what is your angle? I want some answers." Keep calm, Maple.

"Well... let me just say that Princess Towa? She has biiiiiig plans for the Earth. Especially since you refused her offer." She giggles, tilting your head. "And she figures that one of the thorns in her side needed to be removed some time. But she isn't going to make this unfair. You might be able to make it back home, if you try hard enough. Oooh and maybe you can learn all sorts of new tricks out here." she comments all too enthusiastically. "Mira's designs could use a few more upgrades..."

"At least tell me where I am." Ugh. Great, just great.

"Planet Imecka. Oh, but you aren't the only one who got stranded here. One of the others seems to be waking up again." she says, pointing to the green alien.

"Ugh... Jeice keep it down, not all of us can handle this heaAGH!" the green alien backs up in surprise. "WH-WHO ARE YOU?!"

You look back to the woman, only for her to have vanished again. You look back at the alien. Seems he's... wearing armor that belongs to the PTO forces, more like Cui's than Raditz's, Nappa's, or Vegeta's.

>A. Introduction time!
>B. ...do you work for Freeza?
>C. Who are YOU?
>D. Something else?

>A. Introduction time!
AND... pose!
>C. Who are YOU?

>>>A. Introduction time!
POSE!

>>A. Introduction time!

POSE MAPLE, POSE

Best Dragon Quest.

>A. Introduction time!
>C. Who are YOU?

All of my yes!

>D. ...Want a lick?

>A. Introduction time!
And... pose!

Ooh are we going to have a fight where the objective is to not drop our snow cone?

youtube.com/watch?v=AMNvNVsOnoc

>>A. Introduction time!

>"Ugh... Jeice keep it down, not all of us can handle this heaAGH!"
Huh, and I pegged Guldo as a lizardman. Guess he's warm-blooded after all.