>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44905652/#44915851
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jumpers, what do your Companions know about your first, normal life and the mundane identity you had back then?

As much as they're willing to believe. Which is surprisingly little in some cases, and it's not like we brought anything with us to Pokemon to prove it.

There's one exception-our former name. It's gone so hard, it never existed to prevent us from being targetted by name-based magic.

Now decided on Mack D. Knife as my name for One Piece.

It's funny because I'm a great white shark fishman.

Well sort of funny anyway,

Look out old Macky is back!

Any relation to Mack the Knife from Captain Commando?

Probably everything they learn from the blacklist session during the Gaki no Tsukai challenge.
Of course, once we go back I'll be back to my old self, albeit looking radically different. They'll have to get used to it.

Well they're both named after the same song.

Was a way for me to incorporate the D initial and have something to do with sharks.

Well, of course there's some stuff I want kept secret, but I mostly tell them what they want to hear. Family, education, friends, significant others, lifestyle, hobbies, talents, status, etc.

The first couple believe because they were close enough to the first life that there isn't much to disbelieve once they see otherworldly powers and join the Jumpchain.

The later companions have a hard time imagining the crazy road tripping merchant could have been anything but a crazy road tripping merchant.

Speaking of which,

Those of you who were a Fishman or Fishman Hybrid, what fish did you pick?

I went with Hybrid Lionfish for the venom and because it looks cool.

Nothing. Well, except Avalanche, but he's got a Mental Bond with me. I can't hide anything.

He keeps telling me it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. How if it had been, I'd have never gotten to meet him in the first place. He keeps telling me original-life-me was actually a pretty cool guy.

To this day I can't bring myself to believe that.

The one who's in the mirror.

They know nothing.

That I had that life. I'm not sure how much I'd talk about it, since after a while you'd think that two or three decades in one world would up contributing a relatively small amount to who you are after a few centuries.

When I make copies of myself, do they have all my unique gear too? If they do, does that gear also have a fraction of its initial power like my abilities? Also was there any consensus on how copies work when going to different jumps? Are they companions and can they then get companion import features? My jumper pretty much always has two copies of himself active at all times

I went with a Barracuda once. Fast and biting

Companions? What Companions?

Depends on the perk, I guess.

At the very least they wont be naked on creation i hope

Meta thread question:

When someone asks a thread question to try and foster discussion, what kinds of questions do you like? Questions that fosters writefagging like asking about accomplishments or your character arcs? Discussion about the best order to do jumps or which jump is the best place to get something? Working out combinations to accomplish impossible tasks or kill invincible foes? Talking about jumps you'd like to see made?

They know a bit, though I don't go shouting it about, unless I'm saying some Gar speech for a companion in need or I'm talking down an enemy who thinks their hot shit. Though I do reserve talking about memories of my old life for when it can hold sentimental value. But sharing nice little heart to hearts with companions, reminiscing about experiences that even hundreds years of memories still can't seem to clog up, is quite a nice moment to have.

that it was bad enough and I hated it enough to throw away everything I have, never see anyone or anything I had ever known ever again.

I'm talking about the Teen Titans one. Most other copy perks are just temporary or have doubles that are just illusions. At least that's what I've found. Is there another copy perk that's better than the Teen Titans one?

I love questions that inspire writefagging, because I find the creation/thinking of some of the jumpers here to be really phenomenal. And I actually like questions that inspire the answer of cool perk/power combo's that do really cool shit.

I'm a "Day to Day" bullshit type of person, aesthetics, combat styles, minor stuff

Really looking for the "best X" is kinda pointless effort rather than finding "what will help me do X"

Clover.

I need you to be honest with me, so I can determine how badly I fugged up.

What is the Ogami's true form revealed in the mirror?

There's loads of ways to get copies, so it was pretty unclear. Through most temporary or illusionary, yes.

If you don't need armies, there's Alice - Through the Looking Glass has Tweedlified, which gives you a full power copy, and Libriomancer has Hiveminded for 9 other bodies.

The teen titans copies do come with gear and clothes when you make them. Not sure if it'd copy unique stuff you're carrying through.

Is the Luck perk in the Halo Gauntlet the best luck perk in the chain? It says that "the odds always roll in your favor", so does this make it absolute luck in a sense? I say in a sense because "you can still die if you do something stupid"

Depends on the chain and on the companions. Ava in the recent ones heard me ranting often enough.

I have an undertale Question; How good/bad an idea would it be to give Flowey a human alt form? Would this do anything to actually help him or would he still be Flowey on the inside (as much as I can say without spoilers... I swear putting spoilers in front of anything about Undertale has become a meme in and of itself.)

>Ogami

Truly its the most horrific form of all
THE HAREM PROTAGONIST

okay yeah I wouldnt know, i just really wanted to do a horrible pun.

Well now I know the next two jumps I'm going to! I figured that my copies wouldn't have the unique stuff I'm carrying, so I'm picking up extra unique weapons for use by my copies. I figure it'll be more versatile anyways if I'm attacking with multiple top-tier weapons .

>Through the Looking Glass has Tweedlified, which gives you a full power copy
No it doesn't. It explicitly states that your raw power is unchanged; it's dispersed evenly between both bodies. There's the obvious multitasking boost, of course, but both bodies are at half power.

They probably know quite a lot, if almost everything about it. Who I used to be, and all that. What would inspire a person to go on such an adventure, before finally starting to modify their body to such an extent that they're anything BUT human anymore... what would drive that person to pursue the alluring promises of magic and demonhood.

Long story short, they pretty much know I started as a giant fucking nerd. They can also tell that I still am a nerd.

So how do they react to it? They probably rib me like no one's business. Joking about how I'm going to burst into flames if I ever walk on holy ground, asking if the doors are going to be big enough if I want to try a place to eat at, and so on and so forth. This isn't them being mean, but more a playful ribbing to point out how far I had come from being the tiny little nerd that started out on this journey of insanity. Why hold the past against someone if they're working to improve and get beyond that point to become someone better?

That doesn't stop them from making fun of me for my name, though.

I went great white as it's all about bigness, strength, mad biting and doesn't look too retarded.

Figure you could be a handsome great white fishman in a way you'd struggle to with some of the others.

Mostly went for basic function as although poison and that sort of thing is nice it's still pretty mundane and fundamentally I was going fishman in the first place because they're an anime-tier nonsense 'strong for no reason' race so I played to their strengths.

Plus Arlong bites through a cannonball thereby rendering it harmless and there's not a tonne of places where that's an attribute of a race you can be.

Considered marlin for 'gotta go fast' and sword nose but sword nose is not a great look.

The first companion knows, directly from me.
They've told others down the line but maybe some of them know bits or Chinese-whispered versions.

Others have been hiveminded with me for short periods, so they probably caught glimpses of pre-jumping memories, but it's possible they think it's just another jump.
Or maybe they think the jumps with particularly strong influence on me are my original life.

All kinds. We have all kinds of people in thread so just ask whatever.

Really? That's stated really akwardly, if true. It mentions not doubling, amplifying, changing, or amplifying your power, and the notes say you draw power out of the same energy reserves.

It says nothing about for example only being able to punch at half strength.

I interpreted it more like you would be fueling both bodies with the original amount of mana/stamina/chi/whatever as when you had one body, effectively doubling your energy consumption.

Oh. Same guy here. To expand on that, if it really does half your power instead of simply drawing what's still one pool of energy...

What does this line mean?

>Multi-tasking and creative use of it in general can realistically circumvent the original rule that this perk will not double your powers.

Not much, I do tell them a few things if they ask, but I never volunteer much, the only time I did was when I explained what was happening they Jumped with me into the World Seed for the first time.

Oh and like my name doesn't really exist any more, it's now just Noel.

I think you'd have the same strength, but each body could only lift the combined total. So one of you could lift your maximum weight, but the other one couldn't lift anything at that point or you'd both get a hernia.

That sounds really fucking weird. Then again, it's Through the Looking Glass, so...

I am off my game today. I could have swore it said both were at half power. My apologies.
No clue man. Ask the jumpmaker, I guess. I love the prose in the descriptions, but sometimes I have a hard time sussing such things out.

Exactly. If it made any sense at all, it wouldn't work as a power.

If you decide to carry certain drawbacks on into further jumps, are you stuck with them forever or can you decide to get rid of them at a certain point?

You can choose to get rid of them whenever, but when you do, you can't get them back

Well, let's see...

Flowey's problem is that he lacks the anatomy (both real and metaphysical) to feel emotions. He lacks a monster's SOUL, which grants the ability to feel, but he's also a FLOWER, which doesn't have any of the chemical mishmash humans use to feel emotions either. He just straight up can't feel feelings.

Giving him a human alt form might actually allow him to feel, because he'd have organs and glands that are able to secrete chemicals (like oxytocin) allowing for feelings of love!
But it would only work as long as he stayed in that altform. If he turned back into a flower for any reason, by choice or otherwise, he'd lose that. What's more, because his emotions are heavily dependent on his physical structure, his personality would probably vary depending on what altform he was in.
So. Y'know. Don't ever import him as a Shoggoth. That'll end poorly.

Also, because there's a heavy variance between humans, even with working brain chemicals he probably wouldn't regain his previous before-I-became-a-flower feelings unless you went in and tried to mess with the output yourself. And that could just as easily cause severe mental damage or make things worse unless you REALLY know what you're doing.
So maybe stack some perks.

At least, that's how I think it would work...

So, short answer: That would probably actually work! But it'd be much more tenuous than getting his SOUL back, and be more likely to result in only partial success.

Oh god not another one.

but seriously, if anybody knows an answer would be great - the last thing I need is finding out I'm wielding an ornery Fingerking.

Context: i have three god damn companions who're pretty much harem protags.

As an added note, I guess I'll mention that it also depends on what KIND of human you import him as. Because you're not really replacing his SOUL so much as working around it (unless there's a setting that explicitly gives you a soul if you don't have one, in which case he'd have that setting's definition of a soul -- and all the baggage that implies for that setting).
How humans deal with not having souls varies wildly by setting. For some settings it never comes up at all and isn't that big a deal. For others, it's a HUGE deal and can even turn you into a monster. And not the cute fun kind.

So basically just choose wisely where you get his altforms from. It's going to have a major effect on his personality.

fallen London has everything you need to make a new soul and put it in him.

Question for the Brows:

Any chance on a Killer Instinct update with the new Seasons / new characters being added?

>Spoiler
Did you at least use that to your advantage?

did you check the drawbacks? Because I think that's one of the zero point drawbacks.

>Huppermages

So does this mean another Wakfu update?

I feel so damn sorry for Wakfu user.

Most their god damn stuff either is WIP or needs an update at this rate.

Explain this animation is this an update to the wakfu game or is this an cartoon?

So. Apparently going over old builds, I am terribad at doing improvised accountancy. The point being, some things had to be shuffled around in the Dogs of War jump, and as a consequence the psychic spiders have been retconned.

And after tallying point allocation balanced between different things in that jump I have realised my #181th jump looks to be very fucked up in an entirely different direction. How, you might ask?

Drawback: The End Times, I will Return! (2100)

>Complication: The Hag Queen of the Druchii

High Elf: Loremaster of Hoeth (1800)

Vow of Poverty (2100)
Mage (Free)
Mage Lord: Shyish (Free)
Advisor (Free)
Winds of Magic (Free)
Wizards Hat and Cloak (Free)
Vision of Perfection (1800)
Quell Animosity (1500)
Aura of Nobility (1300)
Dwarven Will (1000)
Ancient Lore (900)
Necromancy (500)
Necromancer Lord (0)

So um. On a scale of 1 to 10 exactly how bad a misunderstanding would arise if I were to seek out the Sword of Khaine, convert it into an Angel Slayer through Soulfire-enforced corruption, reforge it into an AK47 with infinite ammo before attempting to unify the elves-and then the other mortal races-against Chaos?

Actually I asked Clover about this ages ago. And the answer is, indeed, snek.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44905652/#44915851

Looks like both.

That's just how it happens, I guess.

He's always got Vandread, Totally Spies, I.M. Meen, Betrayal At House on the Hill, etc.

Too bad Johnny Test is getting a new season.

>Spoiler
Please tell me you are lying please. I can't stand another season of that fucking show.

That's just what I heard.

> Too bad Johnny Test is getting a new season.
The Canadian Content law is the worst thing to come out of that country.

>Too bad Johnny Test is getting a new season.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Heh, I really wasn't planning on importing him anywhere. I would like to earn him as a companion but I was just wondering if the Ultimate Disguise perk from Unholy Heights might help him at least temporarily.
It looks like if you take fallen child and don't do that and aren't a complete psychopath you stand a good chance of having to play stand in for Frisk including likely fighting either Omega Flowey or His true form at the end. I am not sure how I would fair against stuff that can wipe out timelines. Especially without a SOUL as strong as Frisks.
All in all the best victory would be one where I don't have to face down an angry god drunk off his new power.

Isn't that girl from the Dofus era?

If I'm wrong and there's more Wakfu, can you tell me about it?

>Kalashnikov

Wow, really? That jump isn't exactly well liked, but...

In that case, I can't be sure of the exact metaphysics (as if I'm sure of any of this; these are mostly educated guesses), but I would imagine it would work roughly along the lines of what I described.
Flowey gets a human form, it comes with working brain chemistry, he's able to feel emotions. Happy fun times.

Given his... personality? before becoming a flower, I'm going to say it would probably be HEAVILY reduced from that. Like, I don't think he'd just turn around and want to give you a hug. There's no way his chemistry levels are working hard enough for that -- and given that the human form is working off of Flowey as a base, they might even be below average. But the parts should be there. I would think. At least if everything is working correctly, they should be there.
Also, given what he's like in his True Form, I'd hazard to say he wouldn't notice the change immediately. Maybe not even for awhile.

But it'd give you a foothold, and that's what matters, because there wasn't one before.
If Flowey is able to feel emotions, even just a little bit, that would enable him to form attachments again and actually enjoy things, and from there you'd be able to talk to and reason with him and maybe come to some kind of understanding.

After that, all you have to do is figure out how to keep the other monsters from trying to kill him for his nonexistent SOUL.

>Well liked
A few people whine because two perks in it have no canon basis. No worse then KanColle or Fountain including non canon stuff the author wanted, it's just that they never shut up about it.

>Not well liked*

I'm not exactly a fan of the Fountain either but Kancolle's a fine jump other than one perk.

So Unholy Heights other then two perks.

... I mean, the alternative is that all that stuff about brain chemistry I just said DOESN'T work, and Flowey ends up with an emotionally gimped version of the human body because his previous form was emotionally gimped.
I mean, we have sociopaths in real life.
I don't know, I don't pretend to know how this would work for certain.

But, again, if that were the case, you could always go in there manually and jumpstart the oxytocin and various love chemicals yourself, assuming you had the ridiculous biological surgery knowledge or magic or love potions or whatever you'd need required to do so.

The point is that if you gave Flowey a human body, if nothing else he'd have the base mechanisms installed that should allow him to feel feelings, and after that it's just a question of whether or not those start off on the right settings or not.
And that's really just a case of your opinion.

Anyway, I think I've covered everything by now.

I'm not sure why, but I read that as Humpermages and I was confused.

H-hey
someone saved one of my crops

I don't collect companions like Pokemon, I only really have a few and I generally try and downplay my supernatural powers. I eat and bathe every day. Disbelief sets in when they see the powers come out, but as they get their own powers from the jumps they come to understand.

Still, they have a hard time accepting that they are living in worlds of fiction.

How do you convince folks not to be afraid of you, /jc/?

Apathy and alcohol.

Appropriately enough given your image, a jaunty top hat. A monocle, too. Even the scariest monster looks friendlier when it's dapper.

For the guy considering working on Mage: The Awakening, second edition is coming out on May 4th, so it might be a good idea to delay until that's out. Other than that I'm willing to help out if you want, tend to be on IRC relatively regularly, especially around times when I'm posting. On the Supernal Magic is detectable and counterable by local magic a slightly more fluffy phrasing could be something like: "As Supernal Magic draws upon the Truth of reality it is somewhat subjective depending on the jump you are in. Most notably this means that it qualifies as that jump's magic for the purposes of other people detecting and dispelling it. Other than that it will remain largely constant, except for Arcanum adapting to deal with corresponding subjects. Spirit can always deal with ephemeral beings, Death the undead, and so on, though secondary Arcana may be necessary and especially potent ones would fall within the domain of Archmastery to create."

On the guy asking about Baal and Marduk I apologize, currently having writer's block in that area. Feel free to make your own within reason, generally I go for one big thematic effect, a few smaller ones, a power up condition relating to the primary domains of the god, a transport power, and then just relatively generic ones for remaining domains. Feel free to fanwank within those general guidelines, which I'll probably be adding when I finally update Percy Jackson. My apologies, I'll try again when life stops kicking me (great grandmother is dying any day now and health is acting up just in time for end of year crunch on school).

Does anyone know of any jumps with drawbacks where an enemy gains all your powers? Want to test how my jumper does against a mirror match fight

Dragon's Crown lets you fight your double.

Don't those drawbacks have the enemy having your powers and leaving you with your injump powers?

not all of them, some just have the double gain your powers

Wow, thank you for a thorough and well thought out response. I am not sure that it is the rout I will take but it is nice to have options. Unfortunately I; through taking too many drawbacks, may have painted myself in to a bit of a corner. So I may need to deal with Flowey before he can screw me over even further than I have already screwed myself over. If I can make him somewhat manageable and willing to hear me out I may just have a chance at juggling all the other problems I caused for myself.

>inb4 i eat my double and double muh stronk

>Ratchet and Clank Movie came out
does this mean a R&C update for new canon?
pretty please? the movie was so bland and I just wanna feel the fun I used to feel from the games.

You want the jump updated with bland content?

movie was bland as shit
game looks FANTASTIC

Regardless of my powerset most people wouldn't fear me. Even if I am a planetary wiping, Megastructure making, Von nuemann nightmare I usually have people fairly calm with my presence. Unless of course you are a enemy to JUSTICE! In that case, those individuals are a special kind of fucked.

Speaking of movies, jumpers! What movies have you inspired? For an example, were movies made about you and the other Eva pilots' heroic battles against the Angels, foiling SEELE, and smashing the Human Instrumentality Project to pieces?

Definitely I watched a stream of it a few nights ago. The game looks absolutely amazing.

Ah, didn't realize there was a new game out. My bad.

The key to this one is simple. Don't act scary, try acting like a normal person. Don't toss around powers on a whim.

God Hand

How do classes work in the darkest dungeon gauntlet? Do i pick one for each member of my 4 man team? Do I pick a class for myself?

Question about the One Punch Man jump, is there a way to get to the level of power Boros displays? I know we can get to Saitama's level(that's the joke), but is that possible?

can't*

The game is practically the first game remastered and retold. It's really fun, if not very short.

watching a let's play of it now since I picked the wrong fucking console and not even Game Stop wants this shit.
>tfw I could have been playing Ratchet and Clank but the Xbox 360 was cheaper at the time and I stuck with it into Xbone generation
kill me now

Persona, although in that case they have all your powers on top of being a berserk Shadow.

SAMURAI JACK (18)
--LOCATION--
Northern Europe
--BACKGROUND--
Bounty Hunter (900cp)
Male, 23yo
--SKILLS--
•Engineering (800cp)
--PHYSICAL ENHANCEMENTS--
•Indomitable Will (700cp)
•Elemental Affinity (Light) (400cp)
--MAGIC--
•Enchanting (200cp)
--ITEMS & EQUIPMENT--
•Signature Outfit
•Robot Database (-200cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•Watched (0cp)

AKU! It would seem that my arrival has triggered Aku's interest. Which is unfortunate because all he does is send more his assassins and monsters after me. They're pretty dangerous, but so am I. It was kind of thrilling but I grew bored of having Aku hunt me and my companions, so I found Samurai Jack.

I decided that it was probably best to just stick with Jack. Together we just make chump change out of the robots Aku sends. Even when Aku comes down from his throne and we kicked his ass. Well Jack did, I just tried to survive. My trip here was interesting, I hope my next trip is as interesting.

>And the answer is, indeed, snek.

Sonofashit.

Welp, looks like I'm figuring out sneksperiments.